Try Walking Away From That

By superstar444

What's good nigga? SEQUEL 2 DEEPER MEANING **This is the sequel to the long-winded story, Deeper Meaning. Wh... More

The Intro + New Rules
No.1 ~ Some Niggas Really Ain't Shit
No. 2~The Brain Damaged Woman
No. 3~ Call The Family
No.4~Sleep
WARNING
I Throb 4 U (Part 1)
I'm Hard 4 U (Part 2)
Waking up hard & pain/ Back to Talking
recovery.
Slow Sips of Rosé
I'm better
The Kidney Transfer: An Aesthetic
The Kidney Transfer: The Real Deal
Walking Towards The Light
She's leaving now
Us chilling
New Year, New Opportunity (Part 1)
New Year, New Opportunities (Part 2)
Bloody Hell
Jabari, Her & I
Jabari, Kaylan & I
Family Affairs
Huh?
Girl Please
𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 𝟚 𝕌𝕤
My Genuine Intentions
WHAT THE FUCK
The Affirmative Action (Part 1)
𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐄𝐱𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 (𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟐)
BREAKING NEWS
C R I T I C A L T H I N K I N G (Act I)
𝑮 𝑹 𝑶 𝑻 𝑬 𝑺 𝑸 𝑼 𝑬 𝑬 𝑽 𝑰 𝑫 𝑬 𝑵 𝑪 𝑬
𝙉𝙄𝙂𝙂𝘼 𝙒𝙃𝘼𝙏? (𝑨𝒄𝒕 𝑰𝑰)
𝑨 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 𝑼𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆
𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒊𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 (Part 3)
Puppy & Bunny
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝟑-𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫-𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭
𝗔 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗛𝗶𝗰𝗰𝘂𝗽 𝗜𝘀 𝗔𝗹𝗹
an author update
𝑷 𝑨 𝑵 𝑰 𝑪
𝑨𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒚
𝟐𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐒𝐀
𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 (pt. 1)
𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 (pt. 2)
Timidness

The 901 Battle

43 8 13
By superstar444

**Before we go into the next chapter, I just have to say...HEYYYY MY CANADIAN READERS. I see yall reading this weak ass story gurl. No disrespect to my American readers but I've been waiting for some Canadian folks on this bitch since Deeper Meaning. And to all the ladies from America & Canada reading this, yall sum bad bitches. I fuck with yall but yall hoes need to comment on here. It be dry as shit on here without any of yall and that's on periodt pooh ;)**

 ...

January 2nd, 2020

7 pm

Memphis, TN

Devante's POV

Mannnnn Tennessee is the state to live in. I had a celebration for the music I was apart of in Kingsport. Then I went to a bunch of strip clubs in Pigeon Forge. I don't know why those strip clubs were clean as hell. Don't worry I didn't touch or fuck any of the strippers if that's what yall think. 

Now the thing that caught me by surprise was that Kelly said the first place we'll meet was Kingsport and the last was Memphis but instead it's reverse. I mean I don't have any issues with it, I just wanna know why the switch up.

Now I'm Memphis at this hotel called The Hilton with Shawn. Shawn's phone rang. Shawn looked at his phone and checked it. "Mister Devante. We need to go see Ms. Kelly. She said we need to go to a place called LazerTron.", Shawn said. "Is that far from here?", I asked him. "I don't know. I thought you knew. I've never been to Tennessee before.", Shawn said.

My phone rang. I checked to see who was calling. It was Kelly. "Hello?", I answered the phone. "Devante?", Kelly said. "Yeah?", I said. "Well, it seems like there was some type of misunderstanding with the flight attendants. You're supposed to be in Kingsport right now.", she said.  "You're still in Kingsport right now?", I asked her.

She giggled. "Nope. I'm down in Memphis like you and Shawn are. Just meet me in LazerTron and we can finally talk to each other one-on-one.", she said. "Where is LazerTron? Is that far from the hotel or what?", I asked. "Yes, it's far from the hotel you're in but luckily your limo driver who's outside the building is a Memphis native so he knows the shortcuts everywhere.", Kelly said. "Damn. You just got shit ready for a nigga.", I said. "Of course. I  only do it for the ones that I fuck with and I fuck with you. Now, go downstairs so we can meet up.", Kelly said before hanging up. 

"Aye Shawn. The limo driver's here. We need to get down there now.", I said to him. "Okay.", Shawn said while walking towards the door, opening it for me. I went through the door and we walked down two flights of stairs because we were inside a hotel room. Finally, we made it ground level and saw the limo.

One of the butlers of the hotel said, "Devante and Shawn?" "Yes sir.", we both said in unison.  The butler then opened the limo doors for us to get inside. Once Shawn and I got comfortable and sat down inside the limo, the butler closed the door. 

I heard a window going down and didn't know where it was at. "Good afternoon gentlemen. My name's Rufus. I'm yall limo driver. Miss Kelly told me to drop yall off at LazerTron. Are yall ready to go?", he said. "We're ready to go.", Shawn said. "Alright then. To LazerTron we go.", Rufus said while rowing the window back up. After that, Rufus started driving.

....

It took a while but we finally made to our destination. Rufus rowed the window down an said, "Yall. Here we go. LazerTron." I tapped on Shawn who was knocked out to let him know we made it. "Lemme just stop right in front of the door so yall can just walk in the door.", Rufus said. He then did what he said, and parked in front of the door of LazerTron.

I opened the door and got out the limo and Shawn did the same thing. I closed the door behind us. "I hope yall have fun in there.", Rufus said. "We will Mister Rufus.", Shawn said waving to Rufus. Rufus backed up and drove away. "Let's go inside. It's getting kinda cold.", I said. We both walked up and went inside of LazerTron.

....

Kelly's POV

I'm so ready for these niggas to be here. They have no idea what I have planned for them. especially Devante. Hopeful he can agree to what I'm offering to the table. Shit, I hope he wins this game so it can happen. I was sitting at a table eating some honey BBQ wings waiting for Shawn and Devante. Damn. These wings hitting. I need to come down here more often. 

A waiter tapped me on my shoulder and I looked at her. "Ma'am. Your guests are here. Would you like for us to activate the Lazer War for you now or later on?", she asked me. "I'll let you know when I want it to be activated. I wanna make sure that they at least have the energy and have something on their stomachs.", I said to her. "Okay. Just remember that you can also press the blue button that we gave you just in case you forget.", the waiter said. "Okay thank you.", I said to her.

Once the waiter left, I turned my head to see where Shawn and Devante were. Aha! There they are. They were both getting food. Now we can finally meet. Once I got done eating my food, I fixed my clothes and began walking towards them.

....

Devante's POV

Damn, I'm fucking hungry. I haven't eaten shit all damn day. Shawn and I were standing in front of a wing and pizza place. "Damn. I can't figure out what I want. Everything look good as hell.", I said. "I know what I want. I want the number 7 with a red vanilla float.", Shawn said. I sighed and turned my head. Then I saw this lady walking up. 

She had curly hair that was black as midnight. Her skin was nice, soft, and golden. She's petite and looks no taller than Zhen. She even had a nose piercing and it looks good on her. Eventually, she stopped right by me. I turned my head and looked back at the menu. "Having trouble with ordering?", the lady asked me.

"Yeah. Everything looks good.", I said. "You should try number 11. It was really good. I just finished it a few minutes ago.", she said. "You came back for seconds?", I joked. "No silly. I came because you made finally made it here.", she said. I looked at her again and I had a confused expression on my face.

"What?", she said. "You're Kelly?", I asked. "The one and only, Devante.", Kelly said. I was kinda shocked because I imagined her completely different from the conversations we've had throughout these past two days. 

(This is Kelly. Her real name is Tatyana Ali. She got an ig and is a YouTuber too. Her ig is tatyanaalii_. Her YT channel is Tatyana Ali. Yall make sure to follow her fine ass and subscribe to her channel and send her sum luv.)

"I'm so glad yall are finally here. I knew I made the right decision by asking Rufus.", Kelly said. "Sir, are you ready to order or do you still need a few more minutes?", the cashier asked me. "...Yeah, I'm ready. I just want the number 11.", I said. "You want the cookies and cream milkshake that too or no?", she asked. "Yeah.", I said not hearing a word she said. 

"Alright. That'll be $7.25.", the cashier said. I was about to pull out my card but Kelly beat it me to it. "I'm paying for both of these men's orders. They're with me.", Kelly said. "Okay. The other order is $9.33. So that'll be $16.58 for both of those orders.", the cashier said. "Okay. Here's my card.", Kelly said giving the cashier her card. "Here's your card ma'am. And here's your food. Yall have a nice day.", the cashier said giving me and Shawn our food.

....

We all sat down to eat. Shawn and I were sitting together and Kelly was facing me. "So when are we gonna talk business?", I asked her. "I was gonna wait till yall were done eating to talk but we can talk right now if that's what you want.", Kelly said. "Alright.", I said. 

"Okay. I'm putting a lot of things on the line for you. I'm hoping you can agree to them.", she said. "Ok. What are they? You brought my studio debt and a bunch of other stuff.", I said while chewing. "I'll pay ALL of your studio debt, un-blackball you and Jodeci, spread good press for you, give you free time in ANY studio in all 7 continents, give you all publishing and royalties to Jodeci's and any other artist's songs you've helped write or produce whether they're released or not, and give you lifetime opportunities like producing or writing for Janet Jackson or anybody else. You'll never have to worry about taking any money out of pocket ever again.", Kelly said.

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. "...Look I know this is a lot of stuff but I'm willing to pull out of the hole you and Jodeci are in right now. I know people have lied, disowned, and received credit for shit you've been doing since '89. I'm not like those other people. I'm built and work differently from them. If I got money, I'll make sure everybody eats and is wealthy with me. I've helped so many niggas in my hood. I might as well help famous people too.", she said.

"Nobody isn't paying you to say all this shit?", I asked. "What? Fuck no. I'm the head bitch in charge at Def Jam and Roc Nation. You're talking to the owner of two well known black music records.", Kelly said in a serious tone. There was a brief silence between us. Shawn got up and went to flirt with some girls in the arcade.

I sighed. "Fine., I'll take your offer. What's the catch? There's always some shit that comes with joining shit in the music business", I said. Kelly chuckled. "The catch is...it's so silly and stupid. The catch is you HAVE to beat me in a laser tag battle. If you win, I'll do everything I offered you. If you lose, I'll only do HALF of the stuff I said and you'll have to pick which one. And you gotta pay for my next dishes after the game.", Kelly said.

"Why are you doing this? You being too nice.", I asked her. "There's no such thing as being too nice. There's being nice, generous, and gullible. I'm just being generous and plus I'm a big fan of Jodeci and you. Especially your pen game and producing skills. You're talented as hell.", she said. I kinda blushed at her compliment. 

"Sooooo? Do you want to battle me for it or do you wanna keep it corporate?", Kelly asked. I thought for a while. "You know what....yeah I'll battle for it. I'm getting all of that shit you were offering me.", I said. "Alright. See you in the battlefield nigga. We'll be in there ina few minutes.", she said.

...Fifteen minutes later...

"Come on nigga. It's our turn now. I'm bout to light that ass up.", Kelly said. "You talking all that shit now.", I said getting up, walking with her. We made it to the laser tag area. "It's just yall two?", the man asked. "Yup.", Kelly said. "Ight. What colors do yall want? We get green, red, blue, purple, yellow, white, orange, and pink.", he said. That's a lot of fucking colors for two people.

"I want...uhh... orange.", Kelly said. "Here you go. What color do you want sir?", the man asked. "I'll take yellow.", I said. The man gave me my gear and gun. "Alright. Here's the rules. Umm...you can't take your gear off until the battle is over and keep up with your gun. I don't feel like finding shit all over the place. Yall will know who's winning by the screen inside. Your laser gear will flash rainbow colors if you're declared the winner. Yall have fun and don't cheat.", the man said. We both nodded our heads. Then he opened the door for us as we went inside. 

"Alright teams, you should be suited and equipped and in your respective positions. Round 1 will begin in exactly 60 seconds. After the 60 seconds have elapsed, both teams are permitted to ensue combat. Your vest should illuminate in the color you have chosen. Team one is yellow. Team two is orange. No roughhousing. No physical interaction of any kind is allowed. For example: hitting, kicking, or jabbing of your laser weapon. And lastly comrades, your suits will reignite 30 seconds after your vest has been hit. Victory will go to the deserved. The onslaught will begin exactly 10 seconds. 10...9..8..7...6..5..4..3..2..1. Begin.", the monotone computer lady said. The arena had gone dark and only our gear, guns, and the battlefield glowed in the dark.

.....

"Round 1 has been completed. Victory is deserved to team one. Team two, this is your time to come back stronger than before. Round 2 will begin in exactly in the next 20 seconds. Remember teams, your suit will reignite 30 seconds after your vest has been hit. The onslaught will begin exactly 10 seconds. 10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1. Begin.", the computer lady said.

.....

"Round 2 has been completed. Victory is deserved to team two. The final round will begin in the next 15 minutes. As this is the last round, make this your opponent's last stance. Both teams one and two are currently tied. Break the tie and win the game. The last round will begin in exactly 10 seconds. 10..9..8..7...6...5...4..3....2....1. Begin.", the compute lady said.

......

The last round ended and we both had a really good time with laser tag. Once the round ended, the arena's lights turned on and my gear was flashing rainbow colors. "Congratulations team two. You've won the laser tag battle. Try a bit harder team one and you'll win. Until next time, keep the battle going on.", the computer lady said.  Kelly started clapping for me. "Well, congrats D. You won.", Kelly said.

"I mean..you could've won but you kept losing.", I said jokingly. "Damn. You really that damn petty?", Kelly said chuckling. "Naw. I'm a little competitive.", I said. We took the gear off and gave back the laser guns and went back outside to the arcade. "Mister Devante! Miss Kelly! I have two bitches now!", Shawn said happily. "Uhhh...okay sweetie.", Kelly said. I just give him a thumbs up. I-I-I don't fucking know how to respond to that shit. "This is why I hired him as a security guard. He's sweet and innocent. Now he's...getting girls.", Kelly said. "You did....a job. Don't know if it was a good one but you did something for him.", I said. "Just like I am with you. You ready for my offer?", Kelly asked me. "Hell yeah. I won for them.", I said. "Alright. Then we can fly back to LA together.", she said. 

"Oh shit. I forgot I live in Oregon now.", I said. "That's fine with me. I wanna make sure you're straight and comfortable with everything.", Kelly said. "We'll fly back to Oregon but it might take a while. We'll have to take two planes. Is that okay with you?", Kelly said. "....Yeah. Just get me high and I'm fine.", I said. "Alright. Back to Oregon we go.", Kelly said.

...Back in Oregon...

midnight

My twin and I are creating numerous things for my soon-to-be wife. I know at first she will try to fight it but once I swipe her off her feet, she'll have no choice but to accept my offering. "Zane. What's your girlfriend's favorite color? I'm trying to make the liquid favorable in her eyes.", my twin brother asked me. "Jabari...she's not my girlfriend. She is my wife. She's beyond that childish stage. She's a grown woman. So I've given her a grown title. Her favorite color is red. It reminds her of blood and the color of her beautiful heart.", I said. Jabari grabbed the red food coloring and added it to the liquid for our next plan. 

The phone rang. It wasn't our individual phones that are connected with the same number. It was our home phone. Jabari seemed busy so I answered the phone. "Hello?", I said. I heard groaning and moaning of pain. "Mr. Morte?", the voice said. Oh, it's just Zhen. I put her on speaker so Jababri could also hear her. I coughed a little bit to make it seem as though I am tired and sleepy.

"Yes, Zhen?", I said. "Mr. Morte, I don't know what was in those cupcakes but I don't feel so good. My face is bleeding and I feel like I got beat up. What happened to me? The only thing I remember was when we finished talking. After that, everything went black. I don't know where Kaylan is. Do you know where she could be?", Zhen so innocently said. 

Awww poor baby. She needs a man in this situation to make her feel valued and protected. Something her old washed up, drug-addict boyfriend could and won't ever do. If only Jabari and I were there, we would make you and Kaylan feel so much better with yourselves. I inhaled and sighed. 

"Well I didn't want to tell you this but before we finished talking, but Kaylan brought some of her friends to your house and you didn't like that. You asked them to leave politely but instead, you ended up getting beaten. Kaylan and I tried to stop them but we were out-numbered.  So Kaylan decided to call the police and they ran off before the police came to your house.", I lied. She must never know the truth, it'll break her heart. To be someone's wife, you must have a heart of pureness. She has that and I will not bring any disgusting and grotesque things to her.

She started crying. "Why would they do this to me? I'm ugly. I just asked them nicely. They didn't have to jump me. Thanks, Mr. Morte. I really appreciate you and Kaylan. I know both of you know what's best for me.", she said with such sadness. Jabari stop what he was doing and held the phone.

"Zhen, please don't cry. You're not ugly. Don't call yourself that. You're perfect the way you are. Look I can come over there tomorrow and I'll fix you some ginger ale tea and have my first aid kit with me. We won't have to do any lessons tomorrow. We'll start back on them whenever you're ready and when your bruises and swelling is down. Does that sound okay to you?", Jabari said curdling the phone.

Zhen stopped crying a bit and started sniffling. "Yeah. That's okay. I'll ask Kaylan to come over here with me too.", she said. "Uhh...uhh...S-She can't!", Jabari quickly said. "Why not?", Zhen asked. "Because she's with the police right now. She's helping the police find the people that jumped you. She knows their names and how all of them look like.", he said. good one brother. Jabari's always quick on his feet. 

"Oh. She'll probably be really tired tomorrow. I don't want her to come over and she's tired. I'll ask her to come later on when you leave.", she said. "That'll probably be best for her.", Jabari said. "Okay. Thank you Mr.Morte. You don't have to pretend like you care. You can be honest with me. I don't want to make your wife worry about you. I still can't remember a lot of stuff.", she said.

"I am being honest with you. You're special and I mean that in the best way. You'll feel better tomorrow when I come over. My wife won't have a problem with this. As a matter of fact, she was the one that suggested I help you with your bruises tomorrow. She knows it'll be platonic and we both know it's platonic. Nothing more, nothing less.", Jabari said.

"Thanks.", Zhen said. "No problem. And stop calling me Mr. Morte. I told you, you can call me Aubrey. Now get some rest and put something cold on your face. I'll bring my first aid kit with me tomorrow. Goodnight.", he said. "Sorry and night, Aubrey.", Zhen said chucking. After that, she hung up.

"So we're going tomorrow to see both of them?", I asked him. "Yup. We can probably ask her for Kaylan's address as well so our plan can go even smoother.", he said. "Yes indeed.", I said.

Don't worry my love. I'll help you, aid you, support you, and do any and everything you want me to. I just want to satisfy and give you my all and your wishes. Hopefully, things won't get messy as they have yesterday but the past is in the past. I wanna be with you for the present and future. Until then, I'll see you, my soon-to-be wife.

to be continued.....

Who do yall really think Zane and Jabari are obsessed with? Are they obsessed with the same girl or different? Is Zane obsessed with Kaylan or Zhen? Or is it Jabari? DO yall think Devante is ever gonna find out about all this shit? Lmk what yall think.  I also wanna give a shoutout to RiRi148, Jodecigirl & BrownStickyBunz08 for being dope ppl and to my Canadian readers and ppl from TN (specifically Memphis ppl). Have a great weekend and see yall on the next chapter <3 <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 109K 62
Thirteen years ago, she fell in love with him. Because she was young and shy, she didn't dare confess her love. Thirteen years later, she was still i...
396 2 23
"But that's the thing though, you'd think you know someone and then they turn out to be something completely different," I tell her honestly. I remem...
946 154 53
*Previously known as MAKE ME UNDERSTAND * She never wanted more than a normal life, move past her past and never look back, but it's not that easy wh...