The Teacher // h.s

By PostStyles

We all have that one teacher who is stubborn, narrow-minded and intolerant. Angelina's new History teacher... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31

Chapter 30

3.2K 90 73
By PostStyles

Louis started warming up to me more throughout dinner and the free time the teachers let us have afterwards.

Louis, Dylan, Jackson and I stayed together the rest of the time. Harry didn't seem to enjoy the sight of Jackson and I getting along so well.

The closer it got to our curfew to be in our assigned rooms, the more nervous I got knowing I was going to sneak out and meet Harry alone.

I knew now what I had to say to him and I was worried about how he would take it.

"Stop going quiet on me." Jackson nudged me as he stood next to me with his cue stick.

"It's your shot."

I shook the deep thought out of my head and leaned over the pool table and took my shot.

"You suck." Jackson chuckled, I shoved him playfully and he smacked my hand away.

We played two more games before Ms Dunn told everyone it was time to head back to our rooms for the night.

Everyone groaned with annoyance and sulked the whole way to the elevators. I waved to everyone and bid them goodnight as I walked toward my room, my key pass in hand.

I opened the door and walked over to the bed, collapsing straight onto it. My mind going back to what I wanted to discuss with Harry and how I was going to do it.

I was so deep in thought I almost didn't hear the knock at my door. I got up and walked toward it, unlocking it and opening it to reveal Andrea.

"Yes?" I asked. She rolled her eyes.

"Just letting you know we will be putting paper tape on all of the doors that will tear if the door is opened. If the tape is ripped or no longer on your door in the morning when we check, you will be immediately sent home." With that she grabbed the handle of the door, pulled it toward her so that it was closed and I heard her fingers tapping on the wood as she placed the tape on it.

I grumbled and stuck my finger up at the bitch on the other side of the door.

I guess I won't be seeing Harry.

I walked to the bathroom and took off my makeup and washed my face. I changed into my pyjamas and crawled into the large bed with my book and propped myself up, and began to read.

About an hour passed when I heard noise coming from my door. I looked over and saw something sitting by it. Someone slipped something under the door.

I got up and walked over, bending down to pick it up.

A paper tape roll.

A moment later I heard my phone notify me of a text and I picked it up.

From Harry:
Tape the door when you leave. I'll tape it again when we get back. I'll be at the 24 hour Starbucks at the end of the street. Meet me there in 15 minutes. Be quiet and be careful please. H

I smiled and quickly got dressed before grabbing my handbag and slowly opening the door. I peer around the hallway and carefully step out.

The tape ripped and I quickly tear off the old tape and replaced it when I closed the door behind me.

If any teacher tries to knock on my door to check on me they'll just think I'm asleep.

I hope.

My hands are shaking, I'm terrified of any of the teachers stepping out of their rooms to glance around while I wait impatiently for the elevator. But luckily that doesn't happen.

I step in when it arrived and make my way to the lobby.

I hold my breath as the doors open on the ground floor, my heart racing at the thought of one of the teachers being on look out in the lobby, or maybe even telling the security guard at the door to keep an eye out for students.

I scope the area briefly and see no one familiar around. I try to look as calm and as casual as possible as I pass the security at the door but he doesn't seem to be bothered by me.

When I'm outside I finally let out the air I was holding. I look back at the hotel.

Is this worth the risk?

Oh this whole year has been a risk, why am I so worried now?

I almost smack my forehead from the stupid thought and inhale deeply before heading down the road to the Starbucks Harry is waiting for me at.

I walk in quickly, avoiding the cold air.

The room is warm from the fire place and the place is quite busy but not busy enough that I can spot Harry at the back of the cafe.

I walk over to him and sit down across him.

He looks at me from his phone and smiles.

"Hello, beautiful." He leans across the table and kisses my cheek and I blush.

"Hey." I squeak. Too smitten to act natural.

"I ordered you a hot chocolate. I know you like them." He smiles and I nod.

"Great, thank you."

We small talk for a little as we wait for our hot beverages. When they finally arrive Harry looks at me seriously.

"What's the plan?"

"I don't have one yet." I fidget.

"You're playing with your hands. Is everything okay?" He asks, his brows furrowed.

"Well... I don't have a plan about Andrea. But I have a plan about us." I tell him honestly.

Harry noticeably stiffens and tilts his head slightly, waiting for me to continue.

"I... I think maybe we shouldn't start up our relationship again..." My eyes are trained on the table in front of us and we stay quiet for a moment.

"Why?" Harry's voice is small and vulnerable.

"I just think it's too much to just dive back in to. I've been so hurt these last couple of months and I know you have too. But I trusted you with everything Harry and you abandoned me."

"It was for your own good." He leans forward, his voice desperate.

"I know that now. But I still went through so much heartbreak to get to this point and I'm scared it will happen again."

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again. But I am sorry." Harry's hand brushes mine on the table before pulling away, but then he changes his mind and takes my hand in his.

We're both silent for a few minutes. My hand remains resting in his as he rubs over my knuckles with his thumb.

"Is this because of Jackson?" He breaks the silence.

"What? No. Harry there's nothing going on with Jackson and I." I look deep into his eyes so he knows I'm telling the truth.

"It just seems like you two are getting really close and I heard Louis on the plane."

"Harry, I'm allowed to have friends. Even if they are guys." I start to get annoyed but I try my best not to show it.

"It's just he seems to be a little too close to you and it's driving me crazy." He admits and it boils my blood a little more.

"So you can make out and flirt with another woman in front of me, but I can't have a male friend?" I snort and Harry's head drops.

"I'm sorry." I say, feeling guilty for throwing Andrea in his face.

"You're right." He says and gives me a sad smile.

"All I'm going to ask from you Harry is, be my friend. We can hang out, plan to make Andrea back down. But we can't be romantic, at least not until I finish my final year of high school. Let us build our friendship, trust and appreciation, and then we can decide if it's what we still want. It's also far too risky with Andrea watching your every move." I tell him, giving his hand a small squeeze.

It took him a little while to come to terms with what I've said but he eventually nods slowly.

We smile at each other now and our hands are still connected. My heart may not feel as full as it did when we were together. But I know it's getting there.

I continue to smile at Harry as he smiles at me until I see something behind him that makes me fling myself to the ground.

"What are you doing?" Harry asks.

"She's here." I say frantically. "Andrea just walked in."

AUTHOR'S NOTE  (for everyone, especially Australians)

Cliffhanger 🙃
I'm so sorry for the wait chickens. I love love love all the support and patience.

It's been a hell of a few months and I'm finally getting back on my feed.

I want to take this moment to say FUCK YEAH FINE LINE. what an incredible album. What's your favourite song?
Mines Sunflower Vol.6.
It changes all the time though.

I also wanted to give a shout out to my fellow Australians. We're having it pretty tough at the moment. To all those effected by the fires or know someone who is, I'm rooting for you and I hope you're safe and loving your loved ones. The fires came pretty close to my street and it was truly terrifying, and to think a lot of you may have had to be evacuated, or even lost friends, family or your own property, my heart not only hurts for you, but I reaches out to you.

I know a few people who have lost their homes and it's truly heartbreaking. Even if the fire isn't near, the thick smoke in the air is a constant, heart-shattering reminder of the animals, people and land lost/in danger.

To all those watching the devastation from other countries, thank you for your support and thank you for your fire fighters who have travelled to help our fighters.

Donations, kindness and support isn't going unnoticed and although our own prime minister is lacking any of that, we're blessed to have you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 7.6K 27
I ignored his cute chestnut curls and his plump lips, along with his green eyes. I also attempted to ignore his accent. Do you know how hard it is to...
7.2K 123 54
Eli is like everybody, a normal senior high school student who wanted to make her last year in high school memorable. She's dealing with some emotion...
254K 16.2K 38
❝it's kind of a metaphor,❞ zayn said. ❝i like beautiful things. and beautiful things include beautiful music, beautiful words, and you.❞ mr styles...
12.2M 63.7K 10
Love comes in all shapes and forms, but Kelly Young had no idea it'd come in the form of her most hated teacher, Mr. Todd. β€’A Student x Teacher Roman...