Chapter 14

It's been two weeks and I haven't been to school.

I tried on Monday to go but I had a panic attack in the car so Liam drove me back home. I couldn't deal with being in a place with so many people all at once, it terrified me.

All of the boys comes passed everyday after school and I've noticed I've been a little more responsive, but still not as much. I've also noticed that my group of friends have been getting frustrated with my lack of input in conversation whenever they try to speak to me, but they don't push me or anything, they're giving me my time and I'm so grateful that they're being understanding.

Harry came passed on Tuesday so give me my weeks homework, but he didn't see me, he just handed the work to Sophia, told her that it was my choice to do it or not and then left. I watched him as he walked down my driveway that day, and the way he glanced up at my bedroom window, but looked away when he noticed I was there.

It's now Friday afternoon and everyone is still at school. I'm sat here by the window looking out at my neighbourhood. I watch on as a woman walks past with her dog. I watch as she turns the corner down the road. But something else catches my eye. A man.

I watch the man walk down the street, I'm watch him creepily walk up Harry's driveway. something about him sent chills down my spine. I squinted my eyes, trying to get a better look at him.

And then it hit me.

He was my attacker that no one could find.

Why was he at Harry's house? Had he stalked him? What was he doing there?I continued to watch as he looked around the street before walking to the front door.

I leapt out of my seat when I saw the man shatter the glass beside the door and sticking his hand through to open the door.

I grabbed my crutches before I could even think and I made my way down stairs and out the front door as quickly as I could.

Once I was in front of Harry's house I peered in from the street and saw the man looking around.

I grabbed my phone and quickly called the police, giving them the address and telling them to hurry before hanging up, not waiting for an answer. I panicked, Harry had valuable things in there. I remember seeing a lot of expensive looking things in there last time I went over. I wasn't going to let some creep take his belongings.

So I did what I do best. I became a fucking idiot, and hopped into the house after the man who caused me these broken bones and a shattered mindset.

I tried to be as quiet as possible with the crouches. It was way too quiet.

Where is the man?

As I looked around, I heard the front door slam, making we turn around rapidly, only to be met by my attacker.

"Gosh, don't you look familiar? I don't remember the black eye or the crutches, how did that happen?" He smirked.

"Get out of here." I sternly said through gritted teeth.

"Oh darlin', don't you remember what happened last time you tried to seem tough with me?" He chuckled "You ended up on crutches."

I was furious, this is the most feeling I had felt in weeks.

I remained silent though, staring at the revolting man in front of me.

"Did you want to finish what I started?" He winked, making my stomach sink lower than it already was.

He took a step forward but I remained in my spot, not letting him intimidate me this time.

He let out a chuckle before taking another few steps until he was right where I wanted him.

Before he could even blink, I grabbed one of my crutches and hit him right in the groin with it.

The rotten man doubled over in pain and groaned, before letting out a yell, standing up and charging for me.

I hit him again with the crutch, this time in the stomach, making him grunt before he ran to the display table, he grabbed the vase and threw it at me but it missed, hitting the wall right beside me, but shards of porcelain rebounded off the wall and sliced my cheek.

He came at me again but this time I smacked him over the head with the crutch, knocking him out cold.

Just in time the police ran into the house, handcuffing the man and myself, before taking both of us outside.

It took an hour for questioning to be done so the police were aware that I was innocent and defending myself against the man who had assaulted me two weeks ago.

I was sat in the back of the ambulance, calming myself down with a cup of water. I still had fear and adrenaline coursing through my veins. It was all still too much, I was shaking.

"What the fuck is going on?" I heard Harry yell as he got out of his car and slammed the door, walking towards the police.

I looked on as the police explained the situation to Harry. He ran his hand through his hair and looked at his house. The police continued to talk but something he said really got Harry's attention because his head snapped back to the officer, saying something back before the officer replied with a point of his finger, in my direction.

Harry's head turned to me quickly, making me look down at the cup that I held in my shaking hands.

Before I knew it I heard his footsteps approach me.

"Are you fucking insane?" Harry seethed.

"I was t-trying to help." I quietly replied. "You have expensive things in there, valuable things."

"Don't do shit like that Angelina! I'd rather fucking lose everything in that damn house than lose you!" He yelled.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "Please, please stop yelling at me."

I looked down again as the tears rolled down my cheek.

"I'm sorry." He sighed, before stepping into the back of the ambulance and wrapping his arms around me.

We sat like that for a while until the police left.

Harry helped me get home and back into bed, he closed my blinds, making it dark before he made his way to my door.

"Harry." I stopped him, making him turn around.

"Yeah?" He softly asked.

"Don't leave me."

He stood there, searching my face for any doubt, but I can guarantee he found none.

I pulled the covers back beside me and patted the bed, inviting him in. He continued to stand by the door, before hesitantly taking off his shoes and slowly walking to my bed where he got in next to me.

I turned so I was looking at him as he looked back at me, our faces inches apart.

I gently placed my hand on his cheek, then slowly brushed his hair back. As I did this, Harry continued to stare at me.

"Stop doing that." He whispers.

"Stop doing what?" I asked innocently.

"Stop making me want to kiss you." He sighs, his eyes fluttering.

"If you want to do it, then do it." I lightly smile, hoping he'd just lean in already.

"But we're not supposed to, Angelina." He points out, but slowly leans in closer to me, not really listening to his own words.

"Fuck the system." I smile.

Harry lets out a breathy laugh, before looking back into my eyes and nodding.

"Fuck the system." He repeats before placing his warm lips on mine.