Chapter 31

I ignored the stares as I crawled across the floor toward the wall behind the table Harry and I were at.

As I made it to the other side of the wall that had the bathroom doors behind it, I stood up and quickly brushed myself off.

I was still within a few feet from Harry, luckily the wall was there to shield me and my beating heart from Andrea. I just prayed she hadn't already seen me.

"Harry." I heard Andrea say with a very stern voice.

"Andrea." Harry's tone held no emotion.

"What the hell are you doing here I called you like fifty times." She was pissed.

"I needed to get away and clear my head after our argument." He told her nonchalantly.

They argued? About what?

There was silence for a couple of seconds before Andrea spoke again, making my hands shake more.

"Are you here with someone?" She asked.

"W-what? No." His tone raised in pitch slightly and I wanted to reach around the wall and smack him across the head.

I knew when Harry lies, his voice heightens in pitch.

Except for the time he told me he still loved her. But I decided that was because he was so sad he had to say it that his voice matched his sadness and was too emotionally drained.

"Who's the hot chocolate for then?" She sneered.

"Uh for me.. I couldn't decide between a coffee and hot chocolate so I got both." His voice shook slightly and I almost face palmed.

I prayed none of the other customers saw what was going on and decided to be heroes and tell Andrea that this man who seems to be her boyfriend did not order two drinks for himself.

"Get back up to the hotel room Harry. We have a lot to talk about." I heard her heels click as they distanced themselves away from us and I exhaled.

Harry turned the corner a moment later and I almost jumped out of my own skin.

"She's gone. I need to go back." He looked at me sadly and I nodded.

"I'll text you when I get back to the hotel and see that the coast is clear. I'll tape your door once you're inside." He tells me as he stands before me. He looks exhausted and I know it's because of her.

I tell him I'll hang around and he stands there contemplating something before he slowly leans closer and leaves a soft kiss on my lips.

"I had to. Just once more before I can make you want me again." He says sadly and my heart cracks at his words.

"I'll always want you Harry. But right now is just way too risky."

We embrace each other and I feel him squeeze me a bit tighter to him, as if he's afraid to let me go.

We pull away and he kisses me on the cheek and turns away, walking toward the exit of the cafe.

I go into the bathroom and sit in there for a while waiting for Harry's text. As soon as I get it I pick up my handbag and walk out of the bathroom and enter the rest of the cafe from behind the wall.

I notice a few people giving me dirty looks but I quickly pass them, trying to remember that I live in a completely different country and it's highly unlikely I'll see these people again.

However, a big part of me feels like announcing the story to everyone about Harry and I to prove I'm not the bad guy. But I also remember I'm a student and Harry's my teacher.