Chapter 30

Louis started warming up to me more throughout dinner and the free time the teachers let us have afterwards.

Louis, Dylan, Jackson and I stayed together the rest of the time. Harry didn't seem to enjoy the sight of Jackson and I getting along so well.

The closer it got to our curfew to be in our assigned rooms, the more nervous I got knowing I was going to sneak out and meet Harry alone.

I knew now what I had to say to him and I was worried about how he would take it.

"Stop going quiet on me." Jackson nudged me as he stood next to me with his cue stick.

"It's your shot."

I shook the deep thought out of my head and leaned over the pool table and took my shot.

"You suck." Jackson chuckled, I shoved him playfully and he smacked my hand away.

We played two more games before Ms Dunn told everyone it was time to head back to our rooms for the night.

Everyone groaned with annoyance and sulked the whole way to the elevators. I waved to everyone and bid them goodnight as I walked toward my room, my key pass in hand.

I opened the door and walked over to the bed, collapsing straight onto it. My mind going back to what I wanted to discuss with Harry and how I was going to do it.

I was so deep in thought I almost didn't hear the knock at my door. I got up and walked toward it, unlocking it and opening it to reveal Andrea.

"Yes?" I asked. She rolled her eyes.

"Just letting you know we will be putting paper tape on all of the doors that will tear if the door is opened. If the tape is ripped or no longer on your door in the morning when we check, you will be immediately sent home." With that she grabbed the handle of the door, pulled it toward her so that it was closed and I heard her fingers tapping on the wood as she placed the tape on it.

I grumbled and stuck my finger up at the bitch on the other side of the door.

I guess I won't be seeing Harry.

I walked to the bathroom and took off my makeup and washed my face. I changed into my pyjamas and crawled into the large bed with my book and propped myself up, and began to read.

About an hour passed when I heard noise coming from my door. I looked over and saw something sitting by it. Someone slipped something under the door.

I got up and walked over, bending down to pick it up.

A paper tape roll.

A moment later I heard my phone notify me of a text and I picked it up.

From Harry:
Tape the door when you leave. I'll tape it again when we get back. I'll be at the 24 hour Starbucks at the end of the street. Meet me there in 15 minutes. Be quiet and be careful please. H

I smiled and quickly got dressed before grabbing my handbag and slowly opening the door. I peer around the hallway and carefully step out.

The tape ripped and I quickly tear off the old tape and replaced it when I closed the door behind me.

If any teacher tries to knock on my door to check on me they'll just think I'm asleep.

I hope.

My hands are shaking, I'm terrified of any of the teachers stepping out of their rooms to glance around while I wait impatiently for the elevator. But luckily that doesn't happen.

I step in when it arrived and make my way to the lobby.

I hold my breath as the doors open on the ground floor, my heart racing at the thought of one of the teachers being on look out in the lobby, or maybe even telling the security guard at the door to keep an eye out for students.