Rare Vampire

By JasminaLohi

"I thought I knew everything there was to know about life, simple and easy. I was so wrong." - Midnight. One... More

Copyright Notice ©
I
Introduction
II
Chapter 2
III
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
IV
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
V
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
VI
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
VII
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
VIII
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
IX
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 1

3.4K 206 11
By JasminaLohi

James

I was walking through the forest. Kicking stones as I walked by. After being around for two-hundred something years nothing seemed that interesting anymore.

I walked out of the forest and onto a cliff. Might as well get a little thrill. I walked back a few meters and ran it back and proceeded to jump. I did flips throughout the whole entire cliff drop. I landed smoothly in a crouch with one hand forward. Perfect form.

My vision adjusted to the view in front of me, when something blue caught my eye not far from where I landed.

Curiosity got the best of my rationality. It was best to remain cautious with the governs in an uproar.

I went up to the blue and saw that it was a dress. The kind of dress a vampire would wear to a ball, and wearing that dress was a very pretty girl. She had beautiful red hair framing her jaw-dropping features, a slim figure, and pale skin. I sniffed the air a little. Vampire.

This girl was a newly turned vampire, she was still unconscious. I picked her up gently and turned her head to the side. Whoever did this was messy, there was a large bloodstain on the right side of her neck. But there was something different about her, she didn't smell like a normal vampire. Her scent seemed stronger.

I took pity on her and decided to bring her back with me to the castle.

When I arrived back at the castle where I resided, King Marcus arrived within seconds.

"Who is she, James?"

"I don't know, I found her at the bottom of the cliff. Newly turned. She didn't fall or get pushed by the looks of it, she was lying there as though someone had placed her there."

"Okay, take her to one of the guest rooms, when she wakes, take her to the feeding room. Once she's fed we'll question her to see what she remembers."

Before I could reply, the girl in my arms woke up gasping.

Midnight

Pain, that was all I felt on the side of my neck. But something wasn't right. I was in someone's arms. I panicked. What if that guy was back?

I started shaking and thrashing around in his arms, shouting as loud as I could.

Startled he let go, I landed on my feet and ran. I didn't know where I was going and ended up seconds away from slamming into a wall. It couldn't have been long but the guy that had let me go showed up.

"Damn, you're fast."

I didn't say anything, I just sat down in the corner with my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around my knees. I couldn't control the tremors that took hold of me.

He reached a hand forward, I reacted chaotically. "NO! Don't touch me, please! Don't hurt me!"

He looked at me in confusion.

"Marcus!"

I panicked again, what if he's calling the guy that did this to me? Seconds later the person named Marcus appeared.

"What happened?"

"How should I know? I was just going to get her up but she started shouting."

Marcus crouched down and looked me in the eye. I saw his eyes swirl gold. "What's your name?"

I said nothing. 

Marcus looked a bit taken aback. "Look, we're not going to hurt you. James found you at the bottom of a cliff nearby and brought you here," Marcus kept looking at me. "Do you know what you are now?"

"Vampire." My voice was quiet, but he obviously heard it. My only strong point in this situation is accepting that vampires exist. 

"Trust that we won't hurt you. You're in the Vampire Kingdom, my Kingdom, and James here is the person that holds my faith. Now please tell us what your name is so we don't have to resort to calling you, 'girl'." 

Despite my situation, the last thing he said brought a smile to my face.

"What's the time and day?" I asked.

"Monday, May 4th, 7:25 am" James replied.

My birthday was yesterday. So I haven't been out for too long. Mom might be worried, I should get back home. These people might help me.

"Midnight. My name is Midnight."

James' face broke out into a grin. "That's a pretty name." He held out his hand while Marcus smiled and moved out of the way. I held out my hand and was pulled up.

I put my hand to my throat. I was having a bit of difficulty breathing, maybe I'm still panicking? Alright, I've just got to calm down a bit more, deep breaths. In... and out...

James seemed to notice, "You're probably hungry, come with me." Hungry? He already had a grip on my hand, so he led me outside to a separate part of the castle.

"Just walk down this hall until you see a door that has the name Phillip on it."

I nodded my head in response.

I walked down the hall, glancing at every door I saw. My footsteps echoed in the silence, the faint sound of breathing could be heard from each room, slow and steady, the residents must still be asleep. 

Around the fifth to last door, I saw the name Phillip. I knocked on the door and heard a yawn on the other side, footsteps, and finally the bolts on the door opening. I saw a guy with black hair and grey eyes come out. He was cute, with sharp but soft features, and a jaw that I've heard guys dying to have.

"Are you Phillip?"

"Yeah, just call me Phil." He motioned for me to come inside.

The inside of the room was nice, the walls were silver with blue here and there, the decor was minimalistic but the air held a hint of something almost clinical. Phil sat down on his bed that matched the colour theme of the room.

"Can you hurry?" 

I stared at him in confusion. "Huh?"

His expression turned to one of understanding. "Oh, you're new aren't you? Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude I just woke up, wasn't expecting anybody anytime soon. Who turned you?" He patted the spot beside him.

I sat down next to him. "I don't know. James found me at the bottom of a cliff."

He laughed. "Yup, James saves everyone, and everyone trusts him. Even me, he saved me from a couple of rogue vampires a couple of years back, he gave me an option to stay here or go back where I could potentially be attacked again."

I nodded trying to make sense of what he said, my head felt a bit heavy. "My name is Midnight."

"Well Midnight, since this is your first time drinking blood. I'll have to teach you."

The thought of drinking blood made me nauseous.

"All you have to do is find a vein in my neck that is suitable for you, and your fangs will come out. Just bite into that vein. Then you just lick the wound, and it will heal."

How could he talk about it so casually?

I turned to the left and saw his neck. I could almost see the blood rushing through his veins. The temptation of wanting to bite into his neck reminded me of the blankness I felt yesterday when looking at Emilia. It made me nervous.

"I'm uncomfortable."

"Midnight, it's really easy. Trust me, you aren't the only one that I have taught. You'll get the hang of it in no time."

"Phil, can I please drink from your wrist?"

"Uhm, okay, but please make sure to heal the wound, the other vampires just get up and leave without healing their bites." He snorts, "James has to come in and heal them. You can imagine how awkward it is." 

The mental image of James licking Phil was enough to make me topple over in laughter.

"Stop laughing, it makes me feel ridiculous." He lifted his wrist and I gently grabbed onto it. I stared at his wrist for a little bit. I felt my fangs protrude, Phil gasped but I ignored him, my only focus at the moment was watching the thriving blood rushing around his wrist.

Without further thought, I bit straight in.

___________

Authors Note:

I'm currently re-editing the chapters and making the storyline and some info more coherent so that it's better to read. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 1.3K 46
*Completed* Cara is new to the whole werewolf thing. She didn't know about them till her best friend told her. Ava has lived with wolves her whole li...
1K 293 55
"Cassandra run!" That's all my life has been about- running. Trying to escape one problem or the other, yet never completely evading it. This was my...
85 50 50
Mayslee has just lost everything. Including her mind. Being locked away under 24-hour surveillance doesn't help either. Soon, she finds out nothing s...
20.3K 555 35
Everyone knows that being a teenager can be hard. And, if you add a mix of problems to that, everything becomes more complicated. Like wanting to hur...