Keeping Skylar

By NaughtyBlonde

Cody is rather possessive over Skylar which drives her crazy. Unfortunately for her, his possessive nature kn... More

Warning
Chapter 1: Misunderstanding
Chapter 2: Priorities
Chapter 3: Mission Infuckingpossible
Chapter 4: Hide and Seek
Chapter 5: Upgrade
Chapter 6: Dress and Distress
Chapter 7: I Don't Want Her Either
Chapter 8: Plaid Skirts
Chapter 9: The Baseball Basement
Chapter 10: Cheerocracy
Author's Note
Chapter 11: Another Man's Treasure
Chapter 12: Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 13: Biology Fiasco
Chapter 14: A Whole New Meaning to Pole Vaulting
Chapter 15: Whatever
Chapter 16: Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 17: Jackass Jenkins
Chapter 18: Being Short Sucks
Chapter 19: Chelsea's Sex Prep School
Chapter 20: You Had Me At Wrestle
Chapter 21: Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater
Chapter 22: Stop Calling Me That
Chapter 23: Deal with the Devil
Chapter 24: Way-Too-Cute-To-Be-Legal
Chapter 25: Daydreams
Chapter 26: Fake Girlfriend
Chapter 27: My Motivation
Chapter 28: Not Good Enough
Chapter 29: The Cure
Chapter 30: Daddy's Princess
Chapter 31: Tied Down
Chapter 32: Janitor's Closet
Chapter 33: Reactions
Chapter 34: Surprising News
Chapter 35: Apology
Chapter 36: Wrestling Match
Chapter 37: Pathetic Prick
Chapter 38: An Unforgettable Winter
Chapter 39: Fist Fight for Answers
Chapter 40: Water Through My Fingers
Chapter 41: Footsteps
Chapter 42: More Suspects
Chapter 43: The Basement
Chapter 44: Car Chase
Chapter 45: Baseball Clues
Chapter 46: Bathroom Window
Chapter 47: Answers
Chapter 48: 50's Pin-Up Doll
Chapter 50: Candelilla Wax
Chapter 51: Backbone
Chapter 52: Found

Chapter 49: Donovan

5.1K 139 25
By NaughtyBlonde

Cody's POV

We arrive at Westley's house after school, disguised as a parked car of a neighbors. My car has tinted windows, which is helpful for our stake out. So far no action has come out of Westley's house. However this changes when his car pulls up and he goes inside before exiting shortly after and going into his car. The problem: no Skylar in sight. 

We follow him out of the neighborhood and he drives all the way to Quinn's house. Aside from him leaving his car and going inside, no action is coming out of Quinn's house. I half-way consider bursting in through the door and going full attack mode, but Rolfe assures me not to There are three cars parked outside, one of them Rolfe recognizes as belonging to Quinn which is in the driveway and the other two he doesn't recognize, but assumes has something to do with Donovan. If so, going in would be a death wish.

An hour passes before anything happens and when it finally does, it all happens at once. The door opens and I see Westley, Quinn, and worst of all two unknown men escorting a rather familiar blindfolded brunette. My heart squeezes in my chest in recognition. We've finally found her.

I'm literally about to pop out of the car and rush over to her, but Rolfe holds me back, explaining, "I want her safe and sound too, but we need to be smart about this. Those are Donovan's gang members. You don't want to get on their bad side." 

Since when has Rolfe ever done anything 'smart'? Anyways, it pains me to watch as they usher Skylar over to the vehicles. She's dressed so provocatively and she looks so pale. That combined with Westley's hand on the small of her back makes me angry. I have to remind myself to take a deep breath. Her attire most likely isn't her choice and even if it was, he couldn't do anything about it. I told her I'm working on not getting so angry and possessive regarding her and I will fulfill that promise so I can be a better boyfriend. 

 We watch in suspense as they push her into the second car before speeding off. We follow at a distance, determined to find someway to get her back.

Skylar's POV

When the car stops abruptly a while later, I am ushered out of the car still blindfolded and then through only what I can assume is a bunch of hallways inside a big building. The air is eerily quiet and all I can hear is the faint sound of our footsteps on the concrete floor. It isn't too long before we reach another room as I hear the door slam and our footsteps cease. Before the blindfold can even be taken off, I hear a deep male voice that sends shivers down my spine. Donovan.

"So this, is your replacement for Avery?" his voice drips with venom and disgust.

"Y-yes..." Westley stutters, clearly nervous due to his displeased reaction. 

"Do you really think that this girl will equate to Avery in worth to me? Plus, you're asking me to cut off your drug debts in exchange for this girl? For all I know, she could be useless."

"She's hardly useless, I promise," Westley reassures him, "Aside from being a total beauty with a body to match, she's quite resourceful and knows how to clean, cook, or do whatever you need. Also, from what I've heard, she's a total freak in the sheets. She'd make good money at one of your clubs..." A bitter taste fills my mouth. Does he really think... Ugh men. 

Donovan makes a noise of intrigue but doesn't seem convinced. Westley fumbles with my blindfold. Finally.

The blindfold drops and I can finally get a good look at my surroundings. We're in a dimly lit lounge with red walls and purple drapes. There are several framed paintings on the walls and fancy tables with other decor. There are expensive-looking couches lining two of the walls but no one is sitting. Instead, everyone seems to be standing with their focus all on one thing: me.

I look up in front of me only to be met with a man who can only be described as frightening. From even the first glance, I can tell that Donovan is not a man you'd want to mess with. Despite being only a few years older than us, he looks much older and something about him is very off putting. 

His skin is as pale as a ghost, which contrast with his tattoo-covered arms. Shape-wise Donovan looks kinda like a punk-rock version of slenderman. He's tall and thin, but has muscled arms and torso. His jet-black hair reaches his shoulders and covers part of his eye on the left side. He also has a scar on his left cheek and his skin is clearly wrinkled from continued drug use. 

His menacing dark eyes scan my body leading up to my face, where his gaze lingers to analyze. His face shows a bored expression as if he's not pleased. He scowls at me before moving the scowl to Westley.

"West, you can't be serious." he scolds Westley.  

"Look at her man, she's smoking hot! How can you say no to that?" Westley spins me around, trying to highlight my assets. Gag. Donovan scoffs.

"I prefer more of a natural beauty," he scowls looking over my heavy makeup and tasteless attire. Westley nervously uses the blindfold to wipe off my lipstick. 

"See? She's even more beautiful without makeup. She is a total natural beauty."

"I understand she's hot. We can all see that. Good bone structure, a nice body, those eyes..." he trails off momentarily before reigning himself in again, "Regardless, we have a million whores just like this bitch at our clubs, what do you think would make her appealing to me to not only let off your debts but to leave your sister alone too?"

"Well, she's extremely good in bed, I've heard. She's many men's type: very submissive yet is a firecracker that needs to be tamed." 

"Hmm," He gets closer, eying my body again like he's looking at merchandise which makes me flinch. "She's a fragile little thing, isn't she?"

"Yes. She's extremely fragile. Heck, her boyfriend practically has to put a leash around her neck because she can't do anything or protect herself on her own," Westley reassures him, making this sicko smile. I keep my eyes downcast to avoid revealing my emotions. I feel like this man could chew them all up and spit them out on the table instantly. He comes closer and I still refuse to look up. He guides my chin up so I have to stare into his black orbs. 

"And such beautiful eyes," he pauses, releasing my chin and taking a step back. He turns to Westley again.

"While your offer proves rather... appealing, I'd much rather prefer my Avery over this run of the mill whore." My jaw drops... I am no average bitch!

"She's rich!" Westley blurts out.

"Is she from an influential family in the area?" Our area is known for its wealth. My family is new money, but Cody's is a mix of old money and new money coming from the businesses. Cody's family is extremely prominent and influential.

"Uh... I..." He turns to Quinn for help. Quinn obliges. "Her parents are famous photographers."

Donovan scowls, clearly unimpressed. 

Westley adds, "And she is--er was--dating an influential family's son...The Sutherlands." 

Donovan's eyes light up at this. "Ah yes, Henry Sutherland, international business tycoon and well known billionaire. His son, I've heard, is quite successful too as an international model and also dabbles in his father's businesses. He's in line to take them over." Donovan ponders this over as I try to keep my wince from showing. I hate hearing Cody's last name is coming out of such a disgusting mouth. 

Donovan turns back to me. "Ah yes," he plays with a lock of my hair, "If that is the case, you my dear might actually be very helpful to me after all." 

"H-how?" I croak. I realize this is the first word I've spoken. He chuckles at my frail voice, enjoying my weak appearance.

"To get to your little boyfriend, of course. He owns a large fortune which I can extract by using you. Plus, as Westley over here said, after we destroy the Sutherlands, you'd make a nice asset to one of my exclusive clubs. Quite an appealing financial decision if I do say so myself."

My fists ball up at my sides trying to supress my boiling anger. Why doesn't anyone see me as my own person? Why am I always known as "Cody's girlfriend?" Why can't I just be Skylar, an independent part of the relationship? Cody finally sees it that way, why can't everyone else?

Anger pulses through my veins. My fists clench at my side and all I see is red. Without thinking, I raise my hand and slap Donovan across the face. I don't realize what I've done until moments later when he forcefully grabs my wrist and forces eye contact. I stare back at him in horror at what I've just done. Did I just compromise the plan? Is he going to kill me?

To my surprise he doesn't even flinch. He just turns to Westley and addresses him once again.

"This bitch is feral, but luckily for you, some of the guys at the club like this kind of defiance so I'll let this one slide."

"So does this mean you'll accept our offer?" Westley asks full of hope.

Avoiding my terrified eyes, he maintains his grip while looking over at Westley. "She'll do. Your debts are cleared. You may leave."

"And..." Westley intervenes a little shly. 

"I'll leave Avery alone. Now leave."

Gulping down my fear, I manage to look back at Quinn who slightly nods, signifying that the plan is still on. 

Donovan then turns to me with a menacing look on his face. "Now what should we do with you?" 

I take a deep breath, remembering the plan and that I just have to somehow get through the next few hours. 

A/N

Things are heating up for sure... do you think their plan will work? Also what is the plan?

A/N goes to bambamthegreat ! She messaged me and it was really sweet and so I dedicate this chappie to her! Keep commenting and voting if you want to get a shoutout <3 teehee

Westley is a poopoo head >:(

anyways see ya in the next chappie

xoxo, B E A !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 329 28
Lexi Duncan has gone through hell and she would do it again if it meant protecting her younger sister Ivy. After an already difficult journey she fi...
10.5K 201 22
Emily Johnson has been dating the the town's golden boy since she was fourteen. There are secrets in the relationship and marks she has to cover up...
1.8K 98 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
270K 7.5K 49
"I hate you. I hate you so much! You chain me to the table to eat. You chain me to the bed when I sleep. You chain me for anything that takes longer...