Wonderwall [Vanessa/you] [Hi...

By UnAmericanTeen

College freshman Y/n Y/ln has worked her entire life to attend Stanford University and now that she's got tha... More

Cast
Pilot
Episode one
Episode two
Episode three
Episode four
Episode five
Episode six
Episode seven
Episode eight
Episode nine
Episode ten
Episode eleven
6/30... maybe
Episode twelve
Episode thirteen
Episode fourteen
Episode fifteen
Episode sixteen
Episode seventeen
Episode eighteen
Episode nineteen
Episode twenty
To clarify
Episode twenty one
Episode twenty two
Episode twenty three
Episode twenty four
Episode twenty five
Episode twenty six
Episode twenty seven
Wonderwall Season Two Teaser
S2. Episode one
S2. Episode two
S2. Episode three
S2. Episode four
S2. Episode five
S2. Episode six
S2. Episode eight
S2. Episode nine
S2.Episode ten
S2. Episode eleven
S2. Episode twelve
S2. Episode thirteen
S2. Episode fourteen
S2. Episode fifteen
S2. Episode sixteen
S2. Episode seventeen
S3: Episode One

S2. Episode seven

7.2K 338 187
By UnAmericanTeen

S2:E7 plans gone south..

-

"Spring break can't come any faster." I huffed out, swinging at the ball that Ash tossed to me, sending it into the back of the net. "Jo has been telling me about this yacht, supposedly it's like, a mansion on water."

"You guys better behave." Ash grumbled and tossed another ball. "Leave it up to my parents to plan a family reunion during our damn break." I winked and swung at the next ball. "I'm serious. If I see so much as a Snapchat with girls who look a slight bit too close, I'm murdering you both."

"Relax." I hit the last ball before walking forward to held pick up the balls I hit. "You know Jospeh is a loverboy."

"And you?" I cocked an eyebrow as she gave me a look. "You only said Joseph.. what about you?"

Smacking my lips, I tossed the bat down and carried the bucket behind the net. "Hush, I'm good. Next!" I called and the gate opened before Jasmine walked into the batting cage with a smile, pulling on her helmet. "Martinezzz." I sung out and she did a little shoulder dance before getting in line with the plate. "What's the spring break plans looking like, cap?"

"Well," she stepped forward and did a perfect bunt against my ball before standing up straight. "Probably order pizza everyday, watch sappy movies, take a chance on a guy that asks me out, get stood up by said guy, then repeat that process."

"Um no." I dropped the ball into the bucket as I shook my head. "Get your rich ass a flight and come with me, Joseph, and some of the other guys to Miami."

"Miami?" She questioned.

"Yeah. We're going for the week and I'm not gonna let you sit all alone and miserable so," I motioned her to get back into her stance as I tossed another ball. "You pack yourself a bag and be ready to go have fun on a yacht that I heard is like, bigger than the dorms."

"Y/n, my dad plays for the Giants... we have three yachts." I smacked my lips and looked at Ash.

"Am I the only one here that's not rich??" She simply scratched behind her neck. "Oh man, you too?"

"I mean.. my dads in the senate." I dropped my head back with a groan. "Okay, what do your parents do?"

"Uh.." I dropped the balls down again. "My dad owns this bar in KC and is in his own band sorta.. mom has an at home baking company I guess. She mostly sells to the soccer moms or whatever. But outside of that, she works at Marie Callender's."

"Oh." Jas mumbled and Ash laughed at her response. "Not a bad oh just a.. like a 'ah okay' kind of oh- shut up Ashlynn." She whined out and I chuckled.

"Clean it up!" Coach called out loudly and we all stood up, picking up the balls and bats.

"You sure I can come? Vanessa's okay with that?" Jas suddenly asked while I slowly dropped the balls into the bucket, not looking up as I spoke.

"Why wouldn't she be?" She didn't respond so I looked up and saw her shoving the bats into the bag. "Jas?"

"I don't know.. I feel like she doesn't like me. Whenever I come around she gets super quiet or offish." I hummed and followed her out of the batting cages.

"It's not you, it's just something she's dealing with, don't take it personal." She nodded but didn't look assured. "Jasmine, trust me. I want you to come with us. So?"

She bit her lip and rocked on her heels before nodding. "Okay, I'll come."

"Yay." I draped my arm over her shoulder and pulled her into me. "It's gonna be so fun. Plus, Miami U and Stanford are tight or whatever so they're having a little welcoming party for us."

"Yeah, Jospeh's like really good friends with the President of Kappa over there so they always look out for one another." I hummed with a nod. "But, their parties are a lot different, a lot more... 'Wild' so to speak."

"Wild huh?" I mumbled and looked up with a smirk. "Can't wait."

-

"What do you mean?" I asked with a dropped jaw. "You said you guys go out on the twenty first." Vanessa nodded with a huff.

"I thought so too, but I guess they're changed it so now we get spring break the twenty fifth." I groaned and dropped back onto the bed. "I know but baby it's fine, I still want you to go on your trip."

"But.. you won't be there." I whined out and crossed my arms. "It won't be the same." Q

"You're acting just like Quince, Jesus." She shook her head and sat down her textbook. "Babe, it's your first college spring break, you've gotta go. Plus, it's just your boys so I'm not worried." She said with a wink. When I didn't return the playful gesture, her eyes turned to slit and I looked away. "Y/nn... agree with me."

"Uh.. the boys will be there." She slammed her textbook shut and climbed onto the bed with a glare.

"And?"

Swallowing thickly, I mumbled with a cough, "I may have invited.. Jas." She stared at me for a moment before looking away, forcing a smile. "That was before I didn't know you weren't going to be able to make it though!"

"No it's uh.. it's okay." She looked back at me as she sat up. "It'll be fun. You guys are gonna have fun."

"Babe-"

"No, I trust you." She squeezed my knee before sitting up completely. "I have to finish studying for this damn exam." I watched her dubiously as she reopened her book and looked down with a huff. "Can you help me please? I'm having a blank."

"Sure." I pushed myself off of the bed before sitting my phone on her desk, kneeling besides her. "What do you need help?"

"This is about the senate. I can't remember if the committees are assigned in the senate, the house, or-" Before she finished, my phone flashed and we both looked to see Jasmine was calling me.

"I'll screen it." I said quickly and went to reach for it but she caught my wrist.

"No.. see what your teammate wants." She huffed out and looked back down at her notes.

I nodded and stared at the ringing phone before putting it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hey Y/nn, whatcha doing?" She asked in a cheery voice.

"Just hanging out." I mumbled, watching Vanessa roll her eyes.

"So.. I was thinking about you." My eyes widened and I gulped deeply.

"Oh uh were you?" I asked equivocally, licking across my lips and looking away when Vanessa looked at me. "What uh what were you thinking?"

"Well.." I heard her take in a sharp breath before giggling. "I have all this damn pasta to carbo-load plus some throwback movies but.. no one to watch them with. You down?"

When I heard a snap, I looked back at Vanessa and saw half her pencil in her hand, the.. other half.. on the desk.

"Uh I-" Vanessa slowly raised her head and gave me the most fierce glare I've ever seen in my life and it almost had me shaking in my Nike slides. "I'm sorry, I can't. I'm helping Vanessa study for her exams." I said quickly.

"Oh.. okay." She said, her cheery tone was gone and replaced with one of sadness. "Well, have fun and tell Vanessa I said good luck."

"Will do.. bye Jas." I mumbled.

She was silent for a moment before she finally spoke up, her voice soft, "Later Y/nn." Then she hung up.

I stared at my phone for a moment, a frown pulling at my lips, along with my heartstrings. "Um.." I cleared my throat and slid my phone into my pocket before looking up at Vanessa, forcing a smile. "So, study time-"

"I figured it out." She said stiffly and looked down. "I don't need any help, thanks."

"Okay." I sat on the edge of bed and drummed on my knees. "Do you need anything? Coffee, a monster? I can have Kyle bring a pack because that's all he drinks. Or how about a snack?"

"No." Head still down. I sighed and tapped my fingertips together as she scribbled notes down.

Starting to get bored, I stood up and walked around her room, picking up random pictures and nicknacks before stumbling upon a hacky sack. "Oh damn, I haven't played with these since I was like thirteen." I mumbled to myself before kicking it up, juggling it with my feet. I saw it going to my right so I kicked right.. bad idea. I didn't realize her bookshelf was that close so when I kicked up.. I kicked the wobbly leg of the shelf and sent half of it down, the books going with it. "Oops.." I mumbled and picked up the hacky sack, looking back at Vanessa.

She snapped her gaze over to the fallen bookshelf, then back at me as I gave her an innocent smile. "Why can't you act your age?" She huffed out sternly and my smile dropped slowly as she pushed back on her chair and stood up, walking to her bedroom door before pulling it open and standing next to it.

"Baby-" She raised her hand and pointed out of the door. "But I-"

"I can't focus with you here, please go.. wherever, I don't care." I set the hacky sack down on the, half collapsed, shelf and started out of the room. When I was out, I turned around and went to say something but she simply shut the door, the faint sound of the door locking echoing off the empty apartment walls.

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled, loud about for her to hear and when she didn't respond, I grabbed my windbreaker off of the counter and walked out of the apartment entirely. Pulling out my phone, I pulled up her contact and pressed call.

"Hello?"

"Hey.. still got some pasta?"

-

"My schmeckel got bigger now that I'm older. Just so you guys know that."

"It couldn't have gotten any smaller."

I laughed along with Jasmine as Adam Sandler held a straight face to the joke that was shared about his 'schmeckel' Classic.

"Question." I looked over at Jas as she paused the movie and shifted to face me, so I did the same. She stared at me from her position on the couch, blanket to her chest.

"Shoot." I said, arm over the back of the couch as she smiled.

"If you had a remote that could pause, fast forward, or rewind your life, which would you choose?"

I hummed and leaned on the palm of my hand. "That's a good question.. probably rewind."

Her eyebrows shot up. "To what time?"

"When I decided to sleep with a new girl everyday and got chlamydia." She laughed and leaned forward slightly. "It's true, shit burned."

"I still don't understand that." She leaned back and stared up at me, head shaking. "We literally agreed to be friends with benefits so neither one of us would get something. And.. you go out and get exactly what we wanted to prevent."

"I know." I groaned out and leaned against the back of the couch. "I thought you and Dean had hit it off so I just.. I didn't think about it."

"Dead is cool but eh.. he's not what I'm looking for." I raised my eyebrows when she looked away with a soft sigh.

"Oh yeah?" I leaned closer and poked her side, chucking when a giggle slipped out of her mouth. "And what are you looking for huh?"

"Honestly?" She took in a sharp breath and looked over at me, gazing up through her eyelashes. "Someone like.. like you."

"Me?" I laughed, placing my hand on my chest. "Why me?"

"I don't know." She groaned and sunk down on the couch. "You're just.. good. You're super sweet, and cute, and like.. a lowkey pro in bed which no one would think." My jaw dropped and she leaned forward with a laugh. "Not like that."

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes and she grabbed my forearm, a smile on my lips as I watched her laugh with her head on my shoulder.

"Nooo don't be like that." She looked up again, still giggling. "I just mean like.. off the field you wear your cute little glasses," she poked my black frames and I rolled my eyes. "And you're always chivalrous, and build like Zac Efron." I furrowed in confusion. "The abs, the veins.." I smiled and her eyes lowered. "The teeth."

"Uh.. thanks I guess." I said with a short-lived chuckle. "But, that's all physical. I'm sure you can find some guy on the baseball team who has those characteristics."

"Okay but it's not just physical." I raised my eyebrows when she dropped her head back. "Like I said, you're chivalrous. You go the extra mile for those you care about, you do sweet ass gestures, and you keep youth to your age. Just saying.." she smiled down softly. "Vanessa is one lucky girl." My smile fell and I looked away, the incident no more than forty minutes ago hitting me like a brick. "What?" Jas asked, noticing my fallen face.

"She kinda uh.. kicked me out." Her eyes widened. "Yeah, apparently I don't 'act my age' so she asked me to leave and.. yeah."

"I- I'm sorry but that's bullshit." I simply shrugged and picked at my nails. "No, Y/n, you act almost too much older. It's only recently I've seen you embracing your youthful side."

"I guess Vanessa doesn't like that so I better start taking my meds again." I joked but I was also dead serious. I stopped taking my adderall because it made me serious almost all of the time.. guess the change wasn't for the best.

"Y/n.." I looked at Jasmine and she looked like she wanted to say something but she simply shook her head and forced a smile, "Wanna finish the movie?"

"Sure." I said and turned to face the tv. She pressed play and I felt her scoot over before dropping her head on my shoulder. I smiled and laid my head on top of hers. "Hey Jas."

"Yeah?" She whispered.

"Thanks." I couldn't see it but I knew she was smiling by the tone of her voice.

"You're welcome, Y/nn."

__

how's everyone doing.. y'all good? 😏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 113 24
‼️ disclaimer: names and people are solely being used for the purpose of fiction, this entire story is purely just fiction ‼️ where Jennie has a crus...
62 6 17
With the desire to be perceived as normal person, Cassie enters College expecting life to be different than what she's used to from highschool, but r...
31.1K 379 23
Aurora has had her heart broken enough that she built walls to protect it, but what happens when Paige breaks them? "Aurora, I'm hoping you know thi...
12.7K 222 12
Freshman year of college is a place that will make or break you. At least that's what they all say and for me, it means even more than anyone will kn...