Best Friend

נכתב על ידי Pinkbudd

When Charlotte Page moves to Canada and leaves her best friend. What happens when she comes back to Swellview... עוד

Prologue
Home sweet home
Meeting my rommate
The start of an old friendship
Getting Use to Each Other Again
Meet Jasper
Robbery Incident
Movie Night
What almost happened... again
The Secret Gets Out
Get Her A Job
Making a New Friend
We barely know each other
The Three Muskateers! I Mean Four...
Down in the ManCave
Are you Chicken?
Hangout Disaster
The Good Ol' Times
Tell Me I'm Crazy
FaceTimimg a Good Friend
A Night to Remember
We're Together!
Group Project
Telling The Danger
Surprise!
Let Me Explain!
A Night Alone
And That Happened...
Sorry's
And The Date Goes On...
A Different Confession
Finally Talking About It
You'll See
A Twist In The Plan
Detective Henry
The Unexpected Father
Even More Surprises
A Night at The Hospital
Improvements
Birthday Boy Plans
A Time Together
This Is The End

Taking Risks Is Hard To Do

1.5K 55 47
נכתב על ידי Pinkbudd

Before Charlie and I left. We quickly made sure to call the police to come and investigate. Thank god they told us it was safer to leave cause we were in a huge hurry anyway. As we arrived almost all of the nurses started to flirt with my brother. He knew how important the issue was so instead he shut the women out...

Okay, sorry.

I mostly pushed them out.

Charlie's clothes were a little baggy on Henry but at least it was kind of cute. But anyways, that whole thing took place 18 hours ago.

Right now I was sitting patiently in the waiting room accompanied with a huge tissue box, Charlie, Henry's mom and Ray. I ran my hands threw my face in tiredness as Ms. Hart was sobbing into Rays chest. I don't know if it was me, but Ray seem to rather enjoy it...

"Charlotte why don't you take a little nap? You haven't slept since we've got here." Charlie interrupted my thoughts. "No. Charlie. I'm not going to sleep till I hear more information about Henry." I scoffed ignoring the heaviness of my eyelids.

"I know you're worried about him but you also gotta take care of yourself. Just one little five minute nap." He exclaimed calmly as I hesitated. I yawned and rested my head on his shoulders.

"Okay, maybe a five minute nap won't hurt." I yawned once more before gently closing my eyes and drifted off to a deep sleep...

                                         •••
Henry and I were walking into a beautiful park talking, laughing and enjoying each other's company. The park was filled with flowers, healthy grass, a nice lake and lots of sunshine. Well, that's until a sudden darkness took over and the sunshine got took over by a bright full moon.

Large trees started to grow out of nowhere making the beautiful park turn into a dark forest. I started to get scared as Henry vowed to protect me. Out of nowhere a huge truck passed by at full speed. I didn't get the time to react as Henry pushed me out of the way making me fall on to the ground. I turned around slowly to see that the Truck has disappeared and I was left with a bleeding Henry. That's when I realized, the truck has hit him.

"HENRY NO!"

"Charlotte? Charlotte wake up!"

"Huh? What!? What happened!?" I yelled immediately getting up from my position.

"You were sleep talking. And- are you crying?" He asked me gently. I didn't even realize I was crying until a sudden wetness moved down to my cheek. I slowly nodded my head and threw myself on the seat next to him. "Oh, Char. It'll be alright."

"No Charlie. It won't be alright. Not until I know Henry is still alive and breathing." I replied sternly my voice cracking at each sentence as I made failed attempts to hold my tears. "Hey Charlie. I'm sorry you still don't have any clothes on." I slightly chuckled as he shrugged.

"It's cool. But it's a shame though cause I really miss those little nurses coming all on me." He admitted as I rolled my eyes whipping the newest tear that fell. "Yeah, Okay." Is all I replied with as I looked around to realize the hospital was empty. It was only me, Charlie and a few other people. "Hey where did Ray go?"

"He went to drop Henry's mom off to her house you know. Cause it's 2 AM." He explained sarcastically as I jumped off my chair. "2 AM? Charlie why didn't you wake me up sooner!?" I yelled gaining some of the extremely small crowds attention. "Because you needed to rest." He replied calmly as I shook my head no.

"Charlie you don't get it! I can't rest until I know Henry is his normal self in there!"

"Uhh excuse me Ms. Page-

"What!?" I turned around strictly to be met with a scared looking nurse. "Oh my god. I'm sorry. I'm just- not okay.." I sighed sadly as I sat back down on the chair.

"Uhh. It's- perfectly understandable. But umm... I was just going to say you're needed into the doctors room. He wants to speak to you privately." After she said that I immediately got up with no hesitation. "Of course! Yeah- where's the doctors office?"

She lightly chuckled before answering. "Just follow me I'll take you to him." She replied as I did as told. After a little bit of walking we were standing in front of a closed door. The nurse opened it to be met with a man that looked a little over the age of 50. I entered before the nurse slightly waved and closed the door behind her before leaving. 

The man looked up to me and he smiled. "Ahh! Ms. Page. I have something important to tell you about Mr. Hart. Please, sit down." I gladly did as told and sat in the seat in front of his large desk.

"Okay where can I start... So, the bullet that's been shot into Mr. Hart's chest has landed only a few inches away from his heart."

And that was the trigger. 

My eyes immediately shot open and tears started to blur my vision. But I tried my best to hold them back as I felt vulnerable crying in front of a stranger. "For that we sadly only have one solution. He has to take surgery. If he does, sadly he won't be able to use his legs for a couple of weeks unless he trains them or rather do physical activities."

My lips immediately started trembling at what he told me. Henry? Henry Hart paralyzed!?

"If he do does physical activities rather... physical therapy. I'm suggesting he might be at his normal state in... 2 - 5 months perhaps?" He explained as I nodded my head slowly. Very slowly.

I paused for a second to think. Should I really do this? It'll pain me to see him not use his legs properly... But, at the same time it'll be the only way to get that stupid bullet out of his chest...

"Yes I would like him to get the surgery but umm... I don't think I'm the right person to confirm that. Shouldn't his mom or.. dad decide?" I replied honestly as he let out a small smile.

"Ms. Page, as Mr. Hart's wife you're aloud to decide if he has to take surgery or not." He explained calmly as I looked back at him confused but yet. Shocked. "I'm sorry but I'm only his umm, Girlfriend."

"Oh! My bad, usually I always get this kinda stuff right!" He laughed lightly as he looked around some folders. "I guess good things always have to come to an end huh?" He asked as I slightly cringed. "Please. Don't say that." I begged as he whispered a gentle sorry.

"Anyways, you seem like a good woman. I'm still making it your choice." He smiled giving me a long sheet of paper. I gladly took it and scanned threw it. Everything seemed fine until I came across the IF part.

If anything that'll occur badly while in the surgery room (which is 85% not to happen) you promise not to sue.
The person signing this is fully committed to take the risk.

Signature:___________

Why the hell in the world do they make it seem so bad-

"Ms. Page I know it's a stressful choice but think about what Henry would do." I took a small glance at him as I realized it was his first time calling him "Henry" instead of the usual "Mr. Hart."

"I'm sorry, it's just that all of this just happened in a blink of an eye and I'm still processing-

"I get it Ms. Page it's alright. But I just want to tell you that all surgeons here are professionals and that Mr. Hart is in good hands." He smiled innocently as I looked down at the paper skeptically. "Okay... I'll do it. But before I'd like to see Henry one more time."

"Of course Ms. Page!"

                                              •••

"As requested this is Mr. Hart's room. He still hasn't woken up from yesterday." A nurse explained as she made me enter a hospital room. She slowly closed the door behind her as she left. I took in a deep breath to prepare myself of the terrible sight I'll have to witness. I exhaled and slowly turned around before facing a sleeping Henry with what seemed like thousands of tubes surrounding his body. My eyes instantly watered up and I felt my chest tighten. I slowly walked up to him ignoring my tears and gently kissed his forehead.

"Hey Henry..." I paused and took in another deep breath to try and calm myself down. That technique really didn't help as more tears came flushing down like freaking Niagara Falls. "So... You're about to have surgery. And we're gonna get that stupid bullet out of your chest okay?" I whispered gently as I moved a strand of hair away from his face gently. "Sadly you won't be able to use your legs for a couple of weeks. But I promise I'll get you back to your normal state."

"Also I don't want you to worry about the surgery, because all those surgeons are professionals. So you don't have to worry about anything, alright?" I added slightly sobbing as I knew he wouldn't be able to answer back. I gently pecked his lips before parting away from him. I watched as the machine was slowly making track of his heart beats. Making little beep sounds as he would take in a breath.

I gently chuckled to myself to the first time I met him. Really met him... again.

Flashback 6 months ago.

"Charlie I swear you better not embarrass me in front of my new roommate." I scolded him as he started laughing. "Oh come on what's the point of tagging along if I can't even tease my little sis once huh?"

"You know I never asked you to tag along right?" I scoffed rolling my eyes as we finally made it to dorm room 369. "Okay Charlie! This is it! This is the moment of truth!" I yelled out excitedly as I tried to memorize the lines that practiced for only god knows how long.

I reached in and knocked on the door. A couple seconds went by until the doorknob started to slightly turn. I smiled excitedly as the door reached halfway open. I opened my mouth to start saying my introduction. "Hi I'm- WOAH!" I say yelling mid sentence as I was met face first with a pair of abs.

"Hey Charpoo is everything okay?" I hear my brother faintly ask from behind me. I completely ignored him as the boy opened his own mouth to say something.

"Umm... Hi, may I hel- WOAH!" He copied me as his attention went past my head.

My brother chuckled slightly before opening his mouth up to speak. "Dude, would you mind putting a shirt on? You're chocking the girl."

As he said that I mentally and physically wanted to punch him. The boy looked down at his torso confusingly before his eyes shot wide open.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to distract your girl." He replied. I could tell he was nervous by the way his lips slightly curled up.

"What do you mean my girl?" Charlie replied as confused as me.

"Well... isn't she your girlfriend?"

I was going to deny until Charlie spoke out first. And of course Charlie being, well CHARLIE he had to go out of his way to be all extra and embarrass me.

"Wait- Wait what!? You think I'm- You think I'm her boyfriend!? This girl has been single her whole life!" He says laughing hysterically as I couldn't contain my embarrassment any longer

"Shut up Charlie!" I yelled as I punched him in the arm. Of course it barely affected him as he's a freaking whole ass body builder.

Charlie just shook his head after laughing a bit more. "I'm sorry! It's just that!- it's just that- Ahh I'm gone!" He yelled walking away.

I sighed out deeply to try and forget about what just happened. "I'm sorry about my brother. He's quite embarrassing." I apologized shaking my head in embarrassment. "It's okay." He replied slightly chuckling himself.

He has a cute laugh.

"May I ask who you are?" He asked sweetly. Ooh so a boy with nice manners? That's not something I see everyday.

"Oh! Umm... yeah! As I was saying. Hi I'm your new roommate Charlotte Page!" I smiled excitedly reaching my hand out for him to shake it.

I ignored the tingly feeling that I felt once he placed his hand next to mine.

As he let go I realized I forgot one important thing... his name. "Umm... I'm sorry. I didn't get your name?"

"Oh yeah, sorry. It's Henry." He replied and slightly smiled as he moved to the side indicating me to come in.

I went in to come and realize that I've heard that name before. I don't know when. I don't know how, but somehow I did. "Henry... that name sounds familiar. Haven't I've seen you from somewhere before?"

He shrugged. "I don't think so... But hey, you got a cool brother." He says smiling. "Thank you! And I love the way you decorated this place." I replied back.

"Thanks, but my mom helped me... a lot" he joked slightly. I could tell he regretted what he said as I lightly smiled making it seem like I appreciated his joke. I sighed before taking my time to admire the sweet furniture. "Tell your mom she's incredibly talented."

"Thanks."

A few seconds of silence passed by before I opened my mouth to ask a question. "Hey. May I mind asking you what's in this box?" I asked pointing at a grey/brown safe.

"I don't know what's in there." He replied lowly shrugging his shoulders. "Oh. Okay..." I replied pausing before I turned around and immediately made eye contact with him. "So... Your not much of a talker are you?"

"Nope." He replied popping the "P".

"Okay... I'll try to remember that." I say slightly smiling at him. ..."Are you sure we haven't met before?" I burst out of nowhere. I swear I knew who he was but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Umm... Wait. Didn't you fall on top of me last night?" He remembered in realization. "Wait. Wait that was you!?" I yelled pointing directly at him.

"I guess." Is all he replied with as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Well we went on to a great start." I chuckle sarcastically rolling my eyes.

He lightly laughed and opened his mouth. "Well I guess I should go put a shirt on then." He says pointing to apparently his bedroom with his thumbs.

"Yeah that'll be nice." I replied jokingly as I threw myself on the surprisingly extremely comfortable couch.

He slightly waved at me before closing his bedroom door.

Hmm... I think we'd get along great!

End Of Flashback.

And now here we are. Me worrying every second if his heart will immediately stop working, Charlie practically half naked in the waiting room. And Ray doing whatever he's doing with Ms. Hart.

Okay, I'll admit. There's a lot of stuff running threw my mind. First of all. Why in the world wasn't Ray in there with Henry!? And now that I mention it, what REALLY was in that safe? Would Henry just stop breathing any second from now? If he does how would I react? Will I cry? Will I be mad? Will my whole personality change? Would I-

"Ms. Page? The surgery has been completed."

"Huh? Wait, already?"

The lady lightly chuckled. "Yes, you may see the patient now."

My eyes instantly popped open and a huge smile of relief spreads across my face.

——————————————————————————

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

95.4K 1.5K 35
After years of living in Bordertown, a city in America, Delilah is forced to move into Swellview, due to the new job of her step-dad. This means new...
12.4K 365 18
Charlotte Page is a Freshman in college wanting to chase dreams. She soon meets Henry after the two start hanging out as friends but what happens whe...
49.9K 1.2K 39
°After a night of fun something unexpected happend how will Charlotte's life be afected and will henry be there for her or will it ruin their friends...
520K 9.8K 25
Imagine this, You just moved from your home town to Swellview cause your Dad got a new job and only for you to be saved by the one and only Kid Dang...