The Girl In The Red Raincoat...

By purplebookworm_

A simple college student in the small town of Derry, Maine finds her life turned upside down when she connec... More

Introduction
Chapter One: Red Balloon.
Chapter 2: Music Box
Chapter 3: The Quarry
Chapter 4: French
Chapter 5: 3:00am
Chapter 6: 3 Months Later
Chapter 7: Pennywise
Chapter 8: Not For Eating
Chapter 9: Neibolt St.
Chapter 10: Dreams
Chapter 11: Trance
Chapter 12: We All Float Down Here
Chapter 13: "Super Beings on Earth"
Chapter 14:Desire
Chapter 15: Birthday
Chapter 16: Night Out part I
Chapter 17: Night Out part II
Chapter 18: Blood
Chapter 19: I am Yours
Chapter 20: Beautiful Fear
Chapter 21: Fight
Chapter 22: Girlfriend
Chapter 23: I love you
Chapter 24: Truly
Chapter 25: Take Me part I
Chapter 26: Take me part II
Chapter 27: Red
Chapter 28: Wipe off the Blood
Chapter 29: I like it a lot
Chapter 30: Witness
Chapter 31: Trying
Chapter 32: Now
Chapter 33: Human?
Chapter 34: Circus
Chapter 35: Halloween
Chapter 36: The Well
Chapter 37: Another Generation
Chapter 38: Be Here As Long As You Can
Chapter 39: Thanksgiving
Chapter 40: "Everything Will Be Okay"
Chapter 41: I love you too
Chapter 42: Last words
Introductions Part II
Chapter 1: *8 months later*
Chapter 2: 7 years later
Chapter 3: 7 years later Part 2
Chapter 4: 13 years later
Chapter 5: 13 years later Part 2
Chapter 6: 17 years later
Chapter 7: 17 Years Later Part 2
Chapter 8: 17 Years Later Part 3
Chapter 9: 17 Years Later Part 4
Chapter 10: 17 Years Later Part 5
Chapter 11: 17 Years Later Part 6
Chapter 12: 17 Years Later part 7
Chapter 13: 17 Years Later part 8
*a note*
Chapter 14: 17 Years Later part 9
Chapter 14: 17 Years Later part 10
Chapter 15: 17 Years Later part 11
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17: 24 Years Later
Chapter 17: 24 Years Later part 2
Chapter 18: 24 Years Later part 3
Chapter 19: 24 Years Later: part 4
Chapter 20: 24 Years Later part 5
It: Chapter 2
IT: CHAPTER 2 SPOILER DISCUSSION! 🎈
Chapter 22: 24 years later Part 6
Chapter 23: 24 years later part 7
Chapter 24: the truth part 1
Chapter 25: the truth part 2

Chapter 21: The Very Beginning

1K 45 6
By purplebookworm_

This chapter is based in the {1950's} in the main characters childhood.

"(y/n) catch!"

I turned around to see a baseball flying towards my face and I ducked out of the way just in time, falling onto my butt.

"Woah, are you okay?" Joseph said as he came over to me.

"Ye-yeah" I managed to get out as I looked up at him.

Joseph was the most popular guy in our grade. His big brown eyes sparkled and his coif hair made him look like a young James Dean. He extended a hand out to help me up and I took it hesitantly. I felt my palms begin to sweat as I stood up so I took my hand from his. I quickly wiped the dirt off of my uniform and looked back up him with blushed cheeks.

"Thanks" I said shyly.

"No prob-" he was interrupted by one of his friends who called him over and he gave a smile before running over to him.

"I thought you were looking" Barb, one of my best friends said as she walked over to me.

"It's okay" I said, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

***

We were sitting in class as Mrs. Lockhart read the novel out loud to all of us. I watched her red lips form around each word and her finger push her thick glasses back up her nose. I adjusted myself in the uncomfortable wooden chair and looked out the window to see the rain drops falling down the glass. I sighed as I put my head in my hand and blinked a few times as I tried to stifle a yawn. Suddenly, as I opened my eyes back up I saw a single red balloon floating outside in the courtyard. I lifted my head up and squinted my eyes to get a better look. As I did, it was like time had stop, the sound of Mrs. Lockhart's voice in the background was drowned out and I couldn't take my eyes away.

"(y/n), is everything alright?" I heard Mrs. Lockhart say, making me come out my trance to look over to her.

"Yes" I said, swallowing hard as she began reading again.

I glanced back out the window in hopes to take another look at the balloon, but it was gone.

***

I was walking down the street on the way home from school, kicking a rock along the pavement. My backpack hung on my shoulders and hit the back of my knees as I took each step... I was quite small for a 11 year old.
I was humming along to some Elvis Presley that I heard coming from a car as it drove by me. As I turned around the corner to reach my neighborhood I saw a man walking towards me in the opposite direction. I held onto the straps of my backpack and held my head low to pass by him.

"Excuse me miss?" I heard him say as he stood in front of me.

I looked up at him, he was an elderly gentleman, probably in his 60's, wearing a suit and holding a briefcase.

"Do you know where I can find a pay phone?" He asked, giving me a slight grin.

"There's one on Wilbur Street" I said shyly.

"Oh, do you think you can show me?" He asked.

I swallowed hard, "I'm not going that way."

"Which way are you going?"

I looked up at him once more and as we made eye contact I started to feeling very uncomfortable. He had scrapes and cuts on his face and his eyes kept darting from side to side. I stayed silent as I didn't know what to say to him when suddenly a car came up next to us.

"Everything alright?" A man said as he looked out the window at us.

I looked over to the man in the car, his eyes were much kinder than the mans standing next to me. They were a light amber colour and seemed to have a glow to them. As his gaze switched from me to the man, the look on his changed to suspension and worry.

"He wants to find a payphone" I blurted out.

"Oh is that right? Well I can show you." The man in the car offered to the other.

"Oh- I-I" he stuttered in response. "I wouldn't want to impose."

"Not at all" he smiled. "
"Well you better get going home, it'll be dark soon!" he said to me.

I gave him a small smile as I watched the man get into the car and I began fast walking home. I looked up from my feet as the car drove by and as it did, I was shocked to see a red balloon slowly appear in the back seat.

***
I hope you like this chapter! I wanted to give a little back story and write a chapter about the characters childhood!
More updates soon!

x, purplebookworm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 143 10
You're new in the small town of Derry, Maine- You have always had problems fitting in (what with you sense of style and bold personality) when you co...
197K 5K 21
[ 𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐱 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 ] ❛𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙨𝙖𝙛𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚?❜ You've remained best friend...
3.1K 44 24
Charlie Adams has been dragged down to the tiny ass town of Derry Main. She's only been there for a year and she's already made a bad impression. Dre...
2.5K 46 18
This story takes place 1990 in Derry,Maine where 17 year old rich girl Elizabeth lives and goes to school. She's tired of her abusive father and she...