Mated To My Doom

By xX_Jada_Xx

Mate. One little word. One big concept. A belief that someone, somewhere, is holding the key to your heart... More

Mated To My Doom
Flash Forward
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 ( The End)
Q&A
Sequel + Contest (CLOSED)
'Mated To My Doom'- SEQUEL

Chapter 10

221K 6.7K 1.8K
By xX_Jada_Xx

If you're gonna be bad, be bad with a purpose. Otherwise, you're just not worth forgiving.

        -Damon Salvatore 

Chapter 10

"So you're saying that Hunters your real mate, but Greg thinks your his mate." 

"Exactly." 

"So when Greg confronted you about it...?" My sister sat cross legged at the end of my bed. Her eyes we're squinted like they always are when shes trying to concentrate. 

"So nothing." I avoided eye contact. 

"Oh please, you're telling me you sat across from him for two hours and didn't say a thing?" 

Sighing, I've came to a conclusion that there was nothing I could do. I have a very nosy sister who won't leave me along until I tell her the truth, the whole truth.

"Okay fine, I'll tell you everything but you can't tell a soul. Got it?" Sophia nodded eagerly. 

"So I met him at the coffee shop-" 

"At 4 in the morning?" 

"Well.. It was more like 4:30 by the time I got there. Anyways, we both ordered a coffee because honestly, I don't know how I would have lasted with out any caffeine in my system-" 

"You should stop drinking caffeine. It affects your growing." Sophia interrupted. 

"Okay, mom. So back to the story. We were just talking chit chat when he randomly asked me my thoughts on a mate. I didn't really know what to say, but then he asked how I felt about him. By this time, his hand was grasping mine over the table and he asked me-" 

"Oh my god! He asked you to marry him!" 

"What! No! No! How on earth did you go to that conclusion?" 

"Then  what did he ask?" 

"Maybe if you stopped interrupting me, you would know by now!" Sophia didn't reply and I took that as my cue to keep going. 

"He asked if we are mates." Sophia still didn't peep a word. 

"Now you can speak." 

"Alright, so if he asked if your mates then he doesn't know about you and Hunter." 

"True."

"What  did you say to him?" 

"I-I said I didn't know. But that I did feel something, which isn't a lie." 

"But you know you're not really his mate. So you did lie." 

"More like withholding the truth, but never mind that. Here's the big part. Greg asked me- out." 

"He asked you.. out." Sophia tried to make sense of my words. 

"I know, I know, it's weird. Werewolves don't really date. They mate. But it's different for us." 

"Yea, cuz you're not really mates." 

"Hey! Stop saying that. No one can know of this." 

"Don't you feel bad?" Sophia got up, grabbing her bag on the way. 

"About what?" I questioned. 

"About lying to Greg?" 

"I do like him, soph. I wasn't lying about that. So we aren't really mates, so what? I've got to think about my future. There's no chance of Hunter and I being together, is it so bad to want someone else?" 

I still don't understand how you can have feelings for someone else when you already have a mate," Sophia added. 

"I'd say maybe because I tried to reject Hunter, but I've had these small feelings for Greg before that." 

"Whoa, what! You rejected Alpha Hunter!" Sophia screamed. 

"Shut it! Mom can hear." 

"Mom's in deep sleep, we could blast heavy metal and she'd still sleep through it. Now tell me about you rejecting the Alpha! Shouldn't you be in pain?" She scanned over my body.

"No, because It didn't work. Apparently the big mighty Alpha can't be rejected."

"Weird," Sophia muttered. 

"Yup." 

"I still think you're making a mistake with Greg. He has a mate out there and she's not you." My sister's words had a big affect on me but I tried to ignore it. 

"He thinks I'm his mate. Maybe, just maybe the heavens are giving me a second chance." I couldn't even believe my own words. 

"Impossible." Sophia stated, and I agreed. 

Feeling desperate, I ask, "Don't I deserve to be happy?" 

Sophia stood by my room door, preparing her self to leave. 

"Doesn't Greg?" 

I looked down at my hands feeling ashamed. Maybe my sisters right. I'm only going to end up hurting Greg. 

"What did you say, when he asked you?" 

Looking back up at her, I knew exactly what she was referring to. When he asked me out. 

"I said yes." 

*        *        *

 "Now class, you know the drill. 10 laps around the track. Now!" 

Groans were heard through out the class, but nonetheless everyone complied. 

"Ms. Edwards, can I see you for a second?" 

I waited till all the other students left towards the track until I finally approached Mrs. Ballot. 

"Congratulations Rosalyn, you're the first student to ever miss the daily 10." Each word was dripping with mockery. 

My teacher's words did not only confuse me, but also irritate me early. 

Not only does Mrs.Ballot refuse to call me Rose, she also has it out for me. Never does she smile, only smirk. Never does she appreciate, only complain. 

I'm starting to think she's related to Hunter. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked sweetly. 

"You've been called down to the office, take your stuff along with you." Mrs. Ballot didn't wait for my reply as she walked ahead and started yelling at the slow runners. 

I changed from my gym clothes and into my regular ones in no time. Shoving all my stuff into my back pack, I did a short trip to my locker before starting on my way to the office. 

On the top of my head, I couldn't think of any reason to why I would be called down to the office. 

"Can I help you?" Turning towards the voice, I see the office Secretary looking over her desk. 

"Umm.. Yeah. I was called down?" 

The lady looked down, then back up. 

"Nope. Unless your name is David Miller and your a blonde haired boy." The lady gave a sweet smile in which I returned. 

"My bad, I'll just go back to class now." 

Going against my words, I turned away from the hall and straight out the door. 

I don't know why Mrs. Ballot sent me out, but I can't complain. Perhaps she was just tiered of having such an awesome kid in her class. Yup, that's totally it. 

Walking past the rows of cars in the parking lot, I walk closer and closer towards the woods. 

All I want is to relax at home with a cup of hot tea, then take a very, very long nap. 

Nearing closer to the woods, I spotted the entrance of the path leading in. 

I've never taken it my self, but it's supposed to save you a 20 minute walk. 

Taking one step in, it was as though I've entered a whole different world. 

It was dark, for one. It may be only 3 in the afternoon, but the tall trees seem to hide most of the sunlight. 

The path wasn't clear, but there were many bike lines directing it. The school doesn't encouraged us to follow down the path as supposedly there's bears and other stuff. 

Bears? No. Werewolves? Maybe. Probably. 

I walk at a decent pace, not too fast so I'd get out of breath, but not too slow either. The cold wind bring shivers all around my body. I snuggle my hands in my pocket, seeking for any warmth. 

I kept my eyes straight ahead, but slightly quivered when something moved in the distance. To my left I see a something yellow flash by, moving so fast that I couldn't even get a steady picture.

I freeze in my spot, and search the woods. It seems to be getting darker with each minute passing. 

The snap of a branch comes from my right, then another louder one from my left. 

Just a squirrel, or a rabbit, or a.. a fox. Many things lurk in the woods. 

The yellow flashes once more, this time closer, yet faster if that's even possible. 

Or maybe it's a human. I human trying to play a prank. A very weak human- although all humans are weak compared to a werewolf.

Deciding to ignore what ever it was, I kept walking straight. The farther away I get from the entrance of the woods, the darker it gets. 

A dry cough sounds from behind me, making me freeze once more. It was a distant cough, as if many meters behind. Looking behind me, I see nothing out of the ordinary. 

Facing the entrance, I take slow steps back. 

I'm not scared. I mean come on, I'm a werewolf. No human, not even a serial killer could fight me and have a chance. However, deep down I knew this wasn't a human. A human can't move that fast. 

Or maybe there are really bears. Big yellow bears lurking the woods looking for their Goldilocks. Then again, Goldilocks is the one that finds them. 

Turning around to walk normally, I nearly scream when I come face to face with a tree. I was about to curse on why a tree would randomly be placed on the path, but then realize that I went slightly of the track. 

I turn the other way, but face another tree. This tree was different. 

It was marked with a yellow folded paper. 

Looking both ways, I finally decide to take the paper. Snatching it off from the tree, I unfolded it to see three words. 

I see you. 

I dropped the letter as soon as I read the whole thing.

 Now I'm scared. 

I attempt to hide the fear, by ignoring it. I step over the letter and back on the trail. Taking short quick breaths, I begin walking again. 

I hear whispers to my right, it was loud yet unclear. 

Then silence. 

Looking ahead, I can't tell when the trail stops. It has to be soon. What's the point of taking a short cut if it's not even short. 

Plus, there's bound to be other students taking this path home. School should be done now. Some one will be walking by at any minute. 

The whispering began once more, yet this time it seems to have gotten closer. 

Along with the whispers to my right, came a small child-like giggle to my left. The type you hear in scary movies. You know, the one with the possessed creepy girl laughing to her self in the corner. 

The giggling became louder, and more harsh. The whispering began to come closer, some words becoming clear. 

"Hey you!" 

"I see you!" 

"What pretty-" 

It was as though everything in the world was blocked except for the sounds in this forest. The voices were gradually becoming louder, meaning the people were coming closer to me. 

Not being able to contain my self any longer, I drop to my knees and cover my ears. It helps for the most part, the voices were nearly gone, but so was my vision. 

My vision kept getting blurred, my eyes getting glaceed over. I couldn't concentrate and a pounding began in my head. My mouth was sealed closed, my brain not getting the message that I need to scream. 

To open my mouth. To breathe! 

Blinking rapidly, the green trees turned into smudges. Three figures formed off slightly to my right, the smudges of color getting bigger and bigger almost as if they were moving. 

All the colors finally stilled and formed together into one. Darkness. 

 It was like I was stuck in a spell, and very slowly the spell was wearing off. I could finally hear clearly. 

"Stop laughing! This is serious! She fainted." 

"I still can't believe she fainted. She just... dropped." 

"Can you at lest pretend to be a little sensitive?" 

"I'll have you know I am a very sensitive person. Isn't that right Tom?" 

"What ever you say." 

My mouth parted, allowing fresh oxygen to enter. 

"I did not expect her to faint, I always saw Rose as a strong girl." 

"She is strong." 

"I didn't mean it like that. I just meant.." 

"What did you mean!?" 

"Chill, Liv. I just didn't expect her to faint." 

"Hey! She's breathing. Shes okay. Look, she's even moving now." 

Groaning, I open my eyes and blink hastily. For once, I'm happy the sun is blocked, that way my eyes don't burn. 

"Oh god Rose! You scared us!" 

Two arms pushed me close and I was embraced tightly in a hug. The sweet smell of vanilla reach my nose and I know exactly who it is. 

"L-Liv?" I stuttered, still a little hazy.

"Liv- Ahhhh! Get away from me! Get away!" I scream frantically and push the monster away from me. 

There stood Liv..Yet not Liv. 

It was her but with a  lot of scratches and blood. Blood drooped from her eyes, a scar going across her cheek. 

She opened her mouth to speak, and two fangs popped out. 

"No! It's not real! It's all fake! Fake blood, see?" 

The monster took her finger and smeared the blood under her eyes. 

"It's candy blood. You can buy it from the party market." She then put her finger in her mouth, licking off the red blood. 

My eyes drifted to her fangs, and she quickly explained that too. 

"Look, they're just a retainer. I had my dentist make it specially. It's for Halloween." Liv popped the fangs out and dangled it in front of my face. 

Once I could finally breathe properly, I ask, "What are you doing?" 

"Scaring you!" A voice screamed from behind you. 

Not expecting it, I flinched. 

"Tom? Jason? Okay, what's going on?" 

"What he said. We thought it would be funny to try and scare you. I mean, it's Halloween tomorrow and us three all had last period spare.. It was just too perfect to resist," Jason explained. 

"We're really sorry! I never expected for it to get that far or for you to be that scared," Liv seemed truly concern, but I still noticed the small tint of humor. 

She found this funny. They all did. 

Without speaking another word, I got up, dusted off my pants, grabbed my bag, and stated walking. 

"You're mad."

"I know you're mad, but please, we didn't mean it. Tom stop laughing!" 

Liv trying to explain herself and the other boys only seemed to anger me more. 

"Just leave me alone." 

"Oh come on, lighten up," Tom suggested. 

I stopped, turned towards Tom, then walked right past him , making sure to shove his shoulder on the way. 

"Come on, Rose! Don't be like that!" Jason yelled. 

"Just let her be. She's angry, but she'll come around." 

Liv, Tom and Jason seemed to have left after that. 

I on the other hand am getting deeper and deeper into the woods. 

*        *        *

It has been three hours. Three whole hours of walking. I tried finding the path again, but couldn't. I even screamed Liv's name, but assumed they were all gone when no reply came. 

It is now 6, and 6pm on a cold October night is quite dark. 

It is nearly pitch black. My phone can't get a signal, and I've tripped over every branch I walk past. 

My endless walking wasn't getting me anywhere, but I couldn't just sit down and give up. 

Stopping in my spot, I decide to go the complete other direction in hopes that I could find an exit. 

The woods seem worse then a maze. At least in a maze you know there's a way out. 

Taking a step forward, my front foot gives away and I come stumbling down. My ankle twist and I feel a sharp pain ignite there. 

"No, no, no! This can't be happening!" 

The pain in my foot is nearly unbearable, and to add to it, a sting formed in my throat reminding me of my constant thirst for water. 

My back starts aching from the weight of my back pack and my fingers go numb from the cold. 

Now I give up. 

Using my hands and the little muscle I have, I push my self to the nearest tree and lean my back against it. 

I rest my head and close my eyes. 

At this point, I could care less i a crazy psycho is lurking in the shadows, or a bear is running through the woods. 

Although everything around be brings me pain, I feel my self wander off into sleep. 

I give in, wishing that my dreams will safe haven.

Just as I'm about to pass out for good, I feel light foot steps followed by two large hands that grasp me. 

One protects my back, while the other hold tight on my legs. I feel my self being braced up. My head feels like a billion pounds, I don't even try to open my eyes. 

My head lays against something hard, yet soft. I subconsciously wrap my hands around the intruders neck. 

Maybe I've found my haven. Or maybe I really am dreaming. 

I whimpers make the person hold me tighter,yet not in a way that would hurt me. 

"Shhh. Relax." A soothing voice whispered in my ear. 

I know that voice. I can never forget it. 

"Hunter?" His name comes calmly from my lips, my eyes still shut tight.

"It's okay, every things going to be okay. I'll take care of you." 

Maybe it was because I wasn't in my right sense, or that I was far from caring, but I allowed Hunter to help me. 

Hunter is holding me, and for once, I let him. 

----------------------------------

That's all for now ;)

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! :D 

I've got a slight obsession with The Vampire Diaries at the moment. Don't mind me O.o

Happy Halloween! 

Please VOTE ----> 

XOXO-Jada

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4M 644K 25
❝when the sun goes down the beast comes out❞ Highest Ranking: General Fiction #2 // Werewolf: #2 ~ He's the reason werewolves lock their doors. She'...
9.3M 156K 40
Lucas Walters has a beautiful girlfriend that he loves and cherishes who he is sure is his mate. So what happens when she isn't his mate? And what ha...
22.4M 293K 56
Picture this: One day, you're sitting on your porch when you spot a gorgeous guy stepping out of a car. You're in your pajamas with noodles hang...
209K 4.5K 34
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...