Dark Nights In Gotham City (B...

By vnordinarylee

Becoming part of the Bat family. I do not own some characters like Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl and others. Tho... More

Dark Nights In Gotham City
Ch. 1: The Visiting Student
Chapter 3: Scarecrow
Chapter 4: The Batcave
Chapter 5: settling at the Wayne Manor
Chapter 6: Nightmares
Chapter 7: First day at Gotham Academy
Chapter 8: starting training
Chapter 9: Tuesday, training with Nightwing
Chapter 10: wednesday, training with Batgirl
Chapter 11: Jason visits the Wayne Manor.
Chapter 12: Origin stories
Chapter 13: young justice/first mission
Chapter 14: failed search.
Chapter 15: Abducted by the League of Shadows
Chapter 16: Coming home
Chapter 17: Detective skills
Chapter 18: Left out.
Chapter 19: Team up with Red Hood.
Chapter 20: A visit to Star City.
Chapter 21: Girls night out.
Chapter 22: Date at Haly's Circus.
Chapter 23: Midnight
Chapter 24: Batgirl retires
Chapter 25: Life without Barbara.
Chapter 26: Titan tower
Chapter 27: Oracle.
Chapter 28: Leader
Chapter 29: i got your back
Chapter 30: A New Batgirl
Chapter 31: Clues.
Chapter 32: Cheshire nights
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Spoiler.
Chapter 35: Babysitter
Chapter 36: Kents
Chapter 37: Life at the farm.
Chapter 38: Surprises
Chapter 39: New Identity.
Chapter 40: journey to the past.
Chapter 41: different dimension.
Chapter 42: Escape
Chapter 43: Evil twin
Chapter 45: secrets
Chapter 46: truth
Chapter 47: an important decision
Chapter 48: Conffesions
Chapter 49: plead
Chapter 50: A new addition
Epilogue
Sequel
Announcement 1

Chapter 44: Evil twin part 2

222 9 4
By vnordinarylee

I need to get going before the shadow is out of sight. My hand shoots up in the middle of class, waving to get the teacher's attention.

"Yes miss Knighton?"

"May I be excused? I'm not feeling that well."

"Sure, make sure to pick up your assignment on your way out."

"Thank you."

I put everything in my backpack and rush out he door. My heartbeat is pounding really fast, adrenaline flows through my veins, my lungs gasp for air, but I don't stop, I need to find out who she is.

First I make a quick stop in the restrooms to change my clothes and go out the window. There is no time to waste, I have to reach her before she disappears. I didn't even wait for Richard or Tim.

As I run towards the gates of the school, I wonder if I should call Bruce......

Perhaps later, right now, I will try to handle this myself, see if I can get some information from this mysterious girl that looks like me according to Jason.

I get the grapple gun from my belt and unleash it to jump on top of the rooftop of the building in front of the school, Gotham might be big but I should be able to see where she is going.

Back at the school patio, I see Tim and Richard in their uniform, looking around. They are either trying to find her or trying to find me. Focus. I tell myself as I scan the city again. For a few minutes, I am unable to locate her. Then she appears again coming from the corner of my eye. This time I am not letting her go.

Before I know it, I am back on my feet running after her as fast as I can. Jumping from building to building, the strong air goes against me, almost as if trying to stop me from reaching my target.

Finally after chasing her for a few blocks she goes down an alley and stops. I land with a roll and put my grapple gun away.

She is facing the wall, giving me her back. When she turns around, her face is covered and I can only see her eyes. One thing it's for for sure, she is wearing a League of shadows uniform.

"I have being waiting for this moment" she says "sister" then she reveals her face, she looks exactly like me. Jason wasn't exaggerating.

"Who are you?" I ask her "and you sent you?" The answer it's obvious but I want to see if she com firms it.

"Direct and to the point. I don't even get a hug?" She says sarcastically "fine, let's have a duel, if you win I'll give you the information you need, but" she pauses "if I win I get to kill your bird friends"

She points up and I see that Robin and Nightwing are trapped.

I face palm myself. Sometimes I wished they stayed behind, specially when dealing with assassins but they never listen.

"I accept the challenge" I say.

"Are you nuts?" Says Nightwing.

"Stay out of it bird boy" says the girl "now let's begin"

"This has nothing to do with you." I tell him. "Stay out of it, please." My eyes go back to focus on my evil twin.

I grab my katana from under my cape and get in position. "I'm ready when you are."

I have to win this duel, to save my friends and to get the answers I need, and trust me I have a lot of unanswered questions about my origin.

She swings her katana but I manage to stop the hit, making our swords clash and sending sparks everywhere.

"You're stronger that what you look" she says grinning.

"You should never underestimate people you know?" I say pushing her. Our swords continue to clash filling the air with the sound of metal against metal

She moves fast but I know I can beat her, I have different types of training, even from the League of shadows. Her moves are good but she has a lot to learn.

We fight for a long time, and trust me I thought the duel was going to last forever. We are both sweating and breathing heavily, but we don't  stop fighting, honestly I am not sure how much longer I can keep up with this fight..

I see the determination in her eyes, but I have my own determination and fight within me. I have to win. As we fight, I try to figure out what her plan is. Maybe she expects me to give up, of maybe she is waiting for the moment when I am weak.

She runs towards me but I jump and push myself up, using her to set free Tim and Richard.

As soon as they are free they get in positions to fight.

"This is my fight" I say "don't get in the way, and don't do anything that puts your lives in danger" I say with a firm voice.

She is still lying on the floor but as I walk closer she gets up.

She tries to punch me but I punch her first, then I put my katana close to her neck and pin her against the wall.

"It seems like the duel is over. Now you are going to give me some answers" I say.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the slow updates guys I have being very busy with school but I will try to update more often. Thanks for all your support and I hope you keep reading my story.
Thanks for your patience,
~Midnight 🌕🌙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 5.7K 71
" The Good, The Bad And The Crazily EVIL " Harley Quinn and The Joker were brought closer when their daughter was born. They raise...
41.7K 901 33
GrayBat FanFic
102K 2.7K 29
You just moved to Gotham City to be closer to your best friend. You retired from the Haley Circus and became a Journalist. I do not own DC Comics Sa...
190K 5.7K 41
•COMPLETED •EDITING Batman and Catwoman obviously have chemistry -- even Alfred ships them. So what happens when they get busy and ten years later ou...