Best Friend

Por Pinkbudd

When Charlotte Page moves to Canada and leaves her best friend. What happens when she comes back to Swellview... Más

Prologue
Home sweet home
Meeting my rommate
The start of an old friendship
Getting Use to Each Other Again
Meet Jasper
Robbery Incident
Movie Night
What almost happened... again
The Secret Gets Out
Get Her A Job
Making a New Friend
We barely know each other
The Three Muskateers! I Mean Four...
Down in the ManCave
Are you Chicken?
Hangout Disaster
The Good Ol' Times
Tell Me I'm Crazy
FaceTimimg a Good Friend
We're Together!
Group Project
Telling The Danger
Surprise!
Let Me Explain!
A Night Alone
And That Happened...
Sorry's
And The Date Goes On...
A Different Confession
Finally Talking About It
You'll See
A Twist In The Plan
Detective Henry
The Unexpected Father
Even More Surprises
Taking Risks Is Hard To Do
A Night at The Hospital
Improvements
Birthday Boy Plans
A Time Together
This Is The End

A Night to Remember

2.2K 80 128
Por Pinkbudd

I looked at myself one last time before exiting out of Jasper's bathroom. Charlotte and I agreed not to be in the same room while we got ourselves ready. At least I agreed cause she was the one who came up with that idea. Weird.

"So.. Henry? Did you tell Charlotte how you feel yet?" Jasper asks as he got up from his bed.

"No.. not yet. But I will- I will soon." I sighed as I crashed on the bed beside him.

"Dude you have to tell her at the party." Jasper pleaded. I could tell he was now standing up cause the bed slightly rose beside me.

"Urrggghhh. Dude it's not that easy-

"How? All you do is say 'Hey Charlotte! I like you a lot and I would like it if you go out on a date with me?' See? Not that complicated right?" 

"It really isn't that simple Jasper." I sighed slightly annoyed.

"It is simple, you just make it seem harder." He shrugged simply as I groaned.  "Stop groaning and tell her already like dang."

"Why do you want me to tell her so bad?" I asked as I sat down on the bed.

Jasper slowly walked up to me and rested a hand on my shoulder. "Well firstly bro, I care about you." He gently smiled. "And also because I'm sick of you asking me for girl advice like dang." He scoffed.

"Hey, aren't you the one who clearly said 'the next time I see you remind me to give you dating advice' or something?"

"No.. I said I'll give you advice on how to talk to girls. This is different." He said motioning to the two of us.

"Yeah yeah whatever." "Are you coming to Jessica's party?" I asked tying to change the subject.

"Nah. I heard it was royalty themed and you know I don't like that preppy stuff." He simply shrugged.

"Wait, royalty? Nobody told me that!"

"Maybe because Jess was to busy flirting with you." Jasper said as he smirked.

"Would you quit that." I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh come on the chick has been legit obsessed with you since 9th grade."

"Shut up. I don't even like her that way-

I got interrupted by my phone buzzing right beside me. I grabbed it and checked my screen to see a text from Charlotte.

"Oh I gotta go. Charlotte's ready for the party." I chuckled as I realized it rhymed.

"Okay! Have fun! But not to much fun!" He yelled as I ignored him.

I quickly shut the door behind me and started making my way to my dorm room.

Okay Henry, you already saw the dress so you don't have to freak out when you see her in it. But if I made a huge understatement and she looks like a goddess, which she will. Don't. Zone. Out.

I made deep breaths as I finally arrived. I slowly raised my hand up to knock on it but before I could even touch the door. It swung open revealing the most gorgeous girl in the world.

She looked up at me and smiled. She calmly walked closer to me and tip toed. She reached her hands up to my bow tie area and fixed it. "You look nice."

"Uuhhh- I ahhhh- I- Umm.. y- Let's go shall we?" I chuckled nervously.

"Yeah... sure." Her smile slightly dropped as she closed the door behind her.

Urgh I'm such an idiot. 🤦🏼‍♂️

We started walking down the halls in silence. From the corner of my eye I saw Jasper, I quickly turned around to look at him and realized he had two thumbs up and he winked at me before closing back the door.

As we entered the elevators she grabbed out her phone and started doing something on it.

"Hey Char... you really look nice in that dress- I mean you really look pretty- It's not like you don't look pretty all the time it's just-

"Thanks Henry." She smiled as she interrupted my rambling. Thank god.

•••

"Henry! Charlotte! I'm so glad you guys could make it!" Jessica yelled as we walked closer to her.

"Thanks! Happy Birthday!" Charlotte smiled as she picked out a small plastic bag out of her purse.

Shoot. I knew I forgot something!

"Yeah, Yeah Thanks! As you walk in there's a huge table with other presents on it you could just put yours with the other ones." She smiled as she tossed aside to let the two of us in.

Charlotte and I politely smiled and walked in.

The first thing we saw when we walked in was a bunch of university kids spreaded out everywhere dancing.

Talk about being rich. This place was huge! And don't forget gorgeous.

"Okay... so I really don't know what to do since I've never been to a frat party before!" Charlotte yelled as there was blasting music.

"Well... do you want anything to drink!?"

"Uhhh, Yeah sure! You go get something as I'll find a spot on the dance floor!" She yelled waving goodbye as she walked off to the busy floor.

I smiled proudly as I made my way to the snack table. There were actual great party snacks. And they were all classy like since the theme is 'Royalty' or whatever.

I poured myself a cup when I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. In reflects I quickly punched the person behind me when I suddenly heard a familiar female groan. I turned around ever so slightly and sighed in relief when it was only Jessica.

"Sorry, Jess." I apologized as I placed my drink on the table and rubbed her back.

"It's- cool." She shrugged calmly.

"I tend to get punchy and kicky when I'm surprised." I joked grabbing her glasses that fell on the ground- wait glasses?

"Since when do THE Jessica where glasses?" I asked as I gave them back to her.

"Well since last week." She chuckled as she got a bit too close to me.

"Umm.. okay that's cool. I think I'm gonna go back there- with Charlotte you know- cause she's my date- Bye!" I smiled awkwardly as I walked myself to the dance floor.

I sighed in relief when I saw a short girl with a bun. "Hey Charlotte Sorry I couldn't get a drink I- ooh your not Charlotte..." I cringed hard when I realized it was just a boy from one of my classes.

"You looking for Charlotte? She's over there talking to some guy I don't know." He shrugged as he continued dancing.

What does he mean she's talking to a guy?

I followed the guys direction when I saw the REAL Charlotte (Thank God) oh and look at that she was talking to- Brayden!?

I couldn't hear what they were saying with the loud music playing but I could tell by his facial expression he was happy. The both of them were. What the heck!?

"Hey Charbear!" I yelled as I walked in from behind her. "Brayden." I bit the bottom of my lip not to punch the leaving heck out of this man.

"Heya Henry! I'll see you another time Char." He winked before walking of to do whatever the heck f boys do.

"Charlotte what the heck was that!?" I yelled frustrated. But I don't think she could tell cause at this point the only way we could actually communicate was by yelling.

"With me and Brayden!?" She paused as I nodded. "Well he came up to me and had this ridiculous excuse about what happened and I got annoyed so I told him that I'm gonna try and forgive him!" She simply shrugged.

"What!?"

"I said that I'm gonna try and forgive him-

"No- no I heard you the first time!" I sighed out annoyed.

"Look, just because he's here doesn't mean we need to have a bad time! Let's forget what happened and have an amazing time!" She smiled at me excitedly.

Gosh I hate that smile.

"Okay!.."

"Thank you!"

We danced for about 15 minutes until a whole other crowd of people entered in. How many people has Jess invited!? Dang. Charlotte and I couldn't even dance properly as everyone was starting to squish us.

Charlotte tapped my shoulder and pointed out to what seemed like a door to a backyard. I grabbed her hand and we slowly made our way there. Once arrived, a huge smile appeared on Charlotte's face. I mean, I kind of agree with her.

I was surprised there weren't anyone here. I mean it is very pretty.

The music was so loud we could hear it from even outside. Suddenly the music went to a slower pace and the song Perfect by Ed Sheeran started playing.

Charlotte and I looked at each other nervously before I took out my hand. "Care to dance?" I smiled gently waiting for an answer.

She nodded and wrapped her arms around my neck gently but slowly. We started swaying slowly to the music until I grabbed her hand and turned her around.

I held her tight close to me as she giggled wrapping her arms on top of mine.

Jasper's words was running through my mind like Usain Bolt. Should I tell her know? I mean.. we are alone...

You can do this Henry. 

🎶 Baby I'm dancing in the dark. 🎶

I took a deep breath and opened my word hole. "Charlotte. Can you... look at me for a sec?" I asked gently.

"Yeah sure." She replied turning around.

🎶 With you between my arms. 🎶

"I kind of want to tell you something that I've wanted to tell you since we were 8." I said slowly as she looked at me confused.

🎶 Barefoot on the grass. 🎶

"Okay, shoot."

🎶 Listening to our favourite song. 🎶

"So... starting off with..." I sighed deeply and looked at her glowing brown eyes. I guess this is kind of cliché since there is dangling lights almost everywhere.

"Charlotte, whenever I'm around you I turn into wet noodles. I can't act normal around you, all you do is put a smile on my face. You see this? This is because of you." I said pointing to my smiling lips. "And when you left me all those years ago I completely regretted not telling you. Even though we were just kids." I mumbled the last part. I sighed looking back up at her I couldn't properly tell what she was feeling by her face expression.

🎶I have faith in what I see, and now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect🎶

"What I'm trying to say is. Charlotte I like you a lot."

🎶 I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight. 🎶

"You really do look perfect." I added in relief. That feels amazing to get that off my chest holy!

"Henry, I-

Before Charlotte could finish her sentence a huge fountain of what looked like fruit punch washed over her.

She yelled and quickly turn around to realize it was Jessica holding an empty bowl on top of Charlotte's head.

"Jessica what did you do!?" We both yelled.

"I- I don't know!? I'm sorry- I'm so sorry Charlotte I-

"Forget it." She quickly pushed Jessica out the way and ran inside.

I looked down at Jessica and she had guilt written all over her face. She looked back at me before whispering Sorry one last time. I shook my hand in shame and quickly ran inside trying to find my date.

"Charlotte! Charlotte where are you!?" I yelled. I suddenly looked up at the staircase and realized a girl sitting there watching the crowd dancing. I slowly walked up the stairs and sat down beside her.

"So. You've liked me since you were 8?" Charlotte asked as she looked at me.

"Yeah. I'm guilty." I chuckled nervously scratching the back of my neck.

"Well. It's good that you told me today. Cause if it was years ago I would've been disgusted." She added smiling at me.

I frowned before confusion took over me. "Wait, what do you mean you would've-

Before I finished my sentence Charlotte's lips crashed to mine. Oh gosh, I didn't care that she was covered in wahoo punch at this point, cause this is a dream come true!

——————————————————————————

A/N

Finally am I right? 🙄 . But hold on to your horses cause it ain't over yet 😏. Anyways...

2057 words

                                                                    -and I oop

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

202K 4.9K 47
~~~First Book Of Three~~~ Aubree Winters is your normal 14 year old. Except that a month ago her superhero brother died in a collapsed building. Aubr...
95K 1.5K 35
After years of living in Bordertown, a city in America, Delilah is forced to move into Swellview, due to the new job of her step-dad. This means new...
63.7K 2.2K 26
(AKA - Parent Project Book) Gather around all the 16-17 year old horn dogs. Charlotte and Henry get paired up for Swellview High's annual Junior Pare...
36.1K 1K 16
What happens when Riele confronts her 'best friend' Jace about forgetting her birthday?