Wonderwall [Vanessa/you] [Hi...

By UnAmericanTeen

College freshman Y/n Y/ln has worked her entire life to attend Stanford University and now that she's got tha... More

Cast
Pilot
Episode one
Episode two
Episode three
Episode four
Episode five
Episode six
Episode seven
Episode eight
Episode nine
Episode ten
Episode eleven
6/30... maybe
Episode twelve
Episode thirteen
Episode fourteen
Episode fifteen
Episode sixteen
Episode seventeen
Episode eighteen
Episode nineteen
To clarify
Episode twenty one
Episode twenty two
Episode twenty three
Episode twenty four
Episode twenty five
Episode twenty six
Episode twenty seven
Wonderwall Season Two Teaser
S2. Episode one
S2. Episode two
S2. Episode three
S2. Episode four
S2. Episode five
S2. Episode six
S2. Episode seven
S2. Episode eight
S2. Episode nine
S2.Episode ten
S2. Episode eleven
S2. Episode twelve
S2. Episode thirteen
S2. Episode fourteen
S2. Episode fifteen
S2. Episode sixteen
S2. Episode seventeen
S3: Episode One

Episode twenty

12.6K 444 352
By UnAmericanTeen

S1:Ep20 Twist after Twist

-
Y/ns POV

The last four days were pretty uneventful. Vivian ended up being gone by the time we got back to the house and simply left a note.

went back to California, can't be around either of them rn. love you mom and dad. -viv

And that was that. I texted her an apology but she just left it on read. I didn't blame her. But tension between Vivian and I wasn't the only thing brewing. My mom and dad even started to seem offish and I didn't like that one bit.

They were typically always the lovey couple that cracked jokes and messed around with one another. Now they just mumbled no more than ten words to each other everyday. I had a feeling my dad was the one initiating it because of... what happened a few years back...

But that aside, Vanessa and I were great. I made sure not to go overboard with it around my parents but whenever we were alone, I felt guiltless. Like, well, now.

"Come on, I promise it's great." I said as I held up my protein shake. She shook her head, turning her face into my shoulder. Rolling my eyes, I took a sip and focused back on the drive-in movie screen. "You're being such a baby."

"Mmm shut up." She huffed out before raising her head and staring at me. "What movie is this again?" I gawked at her in shock. "What?"

"Are you serious- this is a goddamn classic, Vanessa!" She just stared. I shook my head before standing up in the bed of the truck just as one of my favorite parts came on. I cleared my throat and popped my leather jacket (not a coincidence) as I hightened my voice. "Why this car is automatic, It's systematic, It's hydromatic.
Why it's greased lightnin!"

I threw my jacket at Vanessa and she giggled as she caught it. I then started to dance just like Danny while continuing the verse. "We'll get some overhead lifters, and four-barrel quads, oh yeah."

"Shut up!" I heard someone shout but I simply flipped them off and kept going.

"Fuel injection cut off, and chrome plated rods, oh yeah. With a four-speed on the floor, they'll be waitin' at the door." I dropped down to my knees and grabbed her chin, making my voice husky while staring at her bright green eyes that shined with the sun rays. "You know that ain't no shit.
We'll be gettin' lots of tit in grease lightnin!" She pushed my chest with an eye roll and I chuckled before giving her a soft kiss and settling back besides her. "This, my love, is Grease. One of the best movies ever made."

She cuddled into my chest and grabbed my pop, only to shake it and groan when it was empty. "Dammit."

"You want another?" I asked, already sitting up. She nodded with her signature pouty lips and I pushed her head before grabbing my cup and my wallet. "What snacks?"

"Umm skittles, hot dog, and a Pepsi." I gave her a look and she shrugged. "What? Girls gotta eat."

"Mhm," I said sarcastically and climbed out of the truck. "Girls gonna take all my damn money too." I called over my shoulder before starting to the concessions.

"Pst!" I looked over and smiled at Jasmine who was a couple cars down from us with Dean. Apparently they hit it off and couldn't stay away from one another. "Grab me some popcorn." I smacked my lips and kept walking. "Asshole!" She hissed out playfully.

Once I reached the concessions, I smiled at the girl behind the counter. "Hi, can I get one Pepsi, one coke. Some skittles, a hot dog, and a small popcorn." Bitch wasn't going to pay me back and I know it, so I got her ass a small.

"Sure, that'll be ten fifty." I pulled a ten dollar bill out and handed it to her with a one dollar bill. As she out the money into the cash register, I heard a gasp.

"Oh my God, is that Lord of Nerdcraft?" I gulped when I heard the familiar nickname I was given during sophomore year. I pushed my glasses up and shifted in my spot, not turning around. "Hey Egghead! What, California kicked your nerd ass out?" The cashier gave me a double take before falling into laughter as well.

"Holy shit wow." The girl handed me my change. "I should've noticed because of the glasses.. welcome back eggy."

I grounded my teeth and took my change and shit before turning around, only to come face to face with two boys and one girl... one girl I knew to well.

"Ah there she is." The blonde said with a smirk. "Hi Y/n."

I gulped and looked away. "Reign," I have her a sniff smile and tried to walk past them but one of the guys stepped up, his hulk looking arms scaring me just a tad bit. "Um hi?"

"Egg I've missed you so much, you know?" Reign started and I felt my defenses go up when the other guy slowly walked behind me. "I've especially missed all the fun we had."

"Fun?" I scoffed with a glare. "The only fun was when I dumped your ass." Her smirk dropped and I watched as her eyes adverted behind me and I before I could react, my arms were pulled behind me back and I was forced backwards. "What the fuck? Let me go!" I glanced at the cashier and she simply giggled against the counter without making eye contact.

I thrashed against the guys hold but they were both too strong and soon I was forced into the back of the concessions hut. "Reign, what the fuck is this?" I asked, trying to keep my voice stern.

She flipped her hair and gave me that annoying ass smirk. "I just want to catch up, like old times." They held me back against the wall as my chest heaved in anger. I wanted to fucking kill them all. Reign looked over her shoulder, then looked back at me. "I saw that girl in your truck, girl from California?"

"It's none of your damn business." I spat out.

"Ooh." She chuckled out, clapping her hands. "Egghead got bold." I leaned my head back when she grabbed my chin, forcing me to stare directly at her. "I wonder if she knows the real Y/n.. should I show her." My eyes widened when she pulled out a thick sharpie. "Remember this?"

"I remember." One of the guys chuckled before pushing my head against the wall and keeping me still. "That was the best senior prank ever."

I shook my head and tried to keep my composure. "Reign... we're adults now. Leave this kid stuff behind us."

She tapped her chin in thought before shaking her head. "Nah. Keep her still." I struggled against them when she brought the sharpie to my forehead and started to spell out that God awful word that followed me around for three years. "Only thing we're missing is some eggs but we'll make do." Angry tears started to prick my eyes and I knew she would hold it against me but I couldn't stop them.

"Are you fucking crying?" The blonde jock said with a scowl. "Jesus California really is a home for fags. It made you softer." I sniffed when she started to draw just above my lip... then at my chin.

"Reign, please just stop." I begged, my voice thick. "You don't have to do this."

She capped the marker and gave me a pout. "But I do, Y/nn. It's like... our tradition!" She clapped and turned to the boys. "Let's go welcome our egghead back to Westwind just like we did senior year."

I used their distraction to my advantage and broke free before sprinting forward and hopping over the concessions counter. The cashier gasped as I made it back out into the public area again, only to suddenly be brought to the ground by a heavy body. I groaned when my left side crashed against the ground, for sure bruising my already bruised ribs from Vivian's assault on them.

"She got faster." The guy chuckled and yanked me up. Some people around stared in confusion before seeing my face and either laughing or shaking their head. And I knew, most of these people here were from the same high school (or surrounding high schools) that I went to. So everyone knew the joke. Everyone.

"Let's go Eggy." I groaned with each step, feeling like it was getting harder to breath with the constant pain just above my rib cage. I kept my head down the entire walk, trying to break free but their strength tripled. "Hello people of Westwind, I don't mean to interrupt your movie but I have an announcement. How many of you have attended West High, Woodscreek High, or my school, Misty Falls High School?" I peeked up and saw damn near all of them raising my hand. Then I remembered, of course they were here, it was thanksgiving break. "Great. A friend of mine decided to stop by and I wanted to welcome her here in the Senior Misty way."

My head was pulled up and I looked out to see us in front of everyone. I hoped that some of them would have grown up at least a little bit. One of them had to have gotten some morals right? But no, this was little ass Westwind, Missouri. Everyone was a fucking asshole.

"Oh shit, egghead?!"

"Welcome back tranny McGee!" I watched as they all laughed until I made eye contact with one person.

Her eyes were stricken wide and I felt sick to my stomach with her having to see what I had to come back to. What my normal was just some months ago. But just as I felt sick, I felt consolation. The covers that were over her were suddenly flung off of the truck as she ran towards us in full speed.

"Hey!"

I watched with raised eyebrows, wondering what she would do exactly because it was three against one- oh damn.

The guy besides me suddenly dropped when her foot shot out but she didn't miss a beat. She then cocked her left hand back and knocked the fuck out of the other jock. When she faced Reign, her breathing was heavy. "Is this.. who I think it is?" Vanessa questioned lowly, almost too calmly.

Reign simply crossed her arms, not looking afraid at all. She obviously didn't know Vanessa.."I'm Reign, and you are?"

Vanessa's hands shook before she looked at me. "May I?" She whispered, her head tilting to the side.

I shrugged and took a step back, giving her the answer she wanted.

"What are you even talking-" annnd Vanessa shut her up. I held my arm at my side as I watched my girl beat the shit out of my ex girlfriend. It almost felt like I was watching my favorite wrestler beat up a wrestler everyone hated. Why was I making everything about WWE?? Jesus.

I waited a few more seconds before moving forward and wrapping my arm around Vanessa's waist and she slowly got up, leaning against me with a huff. "If you ever fuck with her again, I swear to God you'll be missing an eye." Reign, on the ground, simply cried into her hands as she tried to plug her bleeding nose. "Let's go." I nodded and followed after her with a slight limp, my entire left side now throbbing and aching.

I made eye contact with no one we passed and they did the same.. but with Vanessa. When we got into the truck, she offered to drive and I obliged, sitting in the passenger seat and immediately catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

Across my forehead with big bold letters was the word 'Tranny' then an egg drawing next to it. And of course she drew a mustache and a beard to do with it.

"Is this what you went through here?" She questioned, her hands tightening and releasing at the wheel as if she was still burning with anger. I nodded silently and kept looking out of the window. "Fuck them, alright? You don't have to worry about them cause they're just jealous cocksucking cunt bitches." I snorted and looked at her in shock but she smiled softly and kept her eyes ahead. "Yeah I said it."

I reached over and slid my hand into one of hers before bringing it back and pressing a kiss against it. "My hero." I whispered. She looked at me longingly before pressing on the gas a little harder and I had a hunch why..

-

"Ah, be gentle." I hissed out when my back hit the bed, Vanessa on top of me.

"Sorry." She whispered before moving down and raising my long sleeved hurt to show the bruised skin. She slowly kissed over it with a hum before looking up at me with a cute smile. "What?"

"Nothing," she mumbled, then trailed her way up to my lips. "I'm just waiting for something."

I looked at the ceiling and racked my brain for what she could possibly want. "Uh... food?"

She shook her head. "Food can equal a date though.. keep guessing." She dropped her head into my neck and kissed over my skin which made it hard to even think at all.

"Date? Um, head?"

She snorted and moved to my ear, a chill running down my spine when she whispered, "This could mean you can give me head whenever you want.. and vice versa."

Okay so dates, sex.. I ran my hands along her sides before smiling when I finally realized what she wanted. "Oh. I smirked and pulled her head back, watching her own smile grow. "I knooow." I chuckled and pushed a stray hair out of her face as I nodded. "Vanessaaa, will youuu beee-" Before I could finish, I heard a loud crash and shot up when screams followed. "Hold on." I rushed out before running out of the room and towards my parents room.

"Fuck you!" I heard vividly in my moms voice. When I pushed the door open, I ducked up in time when a picture frame was thrown at my head. I took a moment and studied the scene.

My mom crying, dad backed against the wall with a pained expression, broken picture frames. He told her..

I let out a shaky breath and stepped forward. "Mom?" I whispered but she shook her head, hand pressed to her mouth as sobs racked her body. "Mom listen-"

"Do you know what he did?" She exclaimed and I closed my eyes with a soft sigh. "You knew? My own daughter..."

"Ma it wasn't my business to tell." I said lowly. "He had to do it himself."

"Get out." She said, directed at my dad. "Get the fuck out, Y/Dn." He nodded softly and grabbed his car keys before walking out and making little eye contact with me.

I shook my head and moved forward. "Mom listen he just-"

"If you're going to defend him, the doors right there." I gave her a look of disbelief and she sat on the bed. "I wanna be alone, Y/nn."

"Mom-"

"Y/n, go." I gulped and nodded, closing the door behind me as I walked out.

I opened my bedroom door and saw Vanessa sitting quietly on the bed. "Is it okay if I go out with my dad for a little bit?" She nodded.

"Of course. Be safe." I gave her a small smile before walking down stairs to see him walking out of the door. I jogged after him as I grabbed my jacket.

"Wait up." I called out and he looked at me while climbing into the truck. He nodded emotionlessly and closed the door. I slid into the passenger side, buckling my seat belt silently while he started the truck. "So, where are we-"

"Just ride, Y/nn." He mumbled and started down the road. I nodded and just looked out of the window for the duration of the ride.

When we reached our destination, I noticed we were on top of this hill type place we use to go when I was a kid. It overlooked the entire rural city, even seeing just the scratch of Kansas City's skyline.

I remember when I was maybe twelve, I looked out and told my dad how much I wanted to go to KC just to see a royals game. He simply laughed and handed me two tickets, telling me to be ready next Friday. I never understood how he got those tickets because we didn't have much money at the time.. but he never failed to make my dreams come true.

I wanted a new Voodoo balanced DeMarini bat when I turned fifteen. They must've costed like three hundred dollars but I had one before season started.

There was a lot my father did for me that I didn't understand.. but I was forever grateful to him for it. And I told myself that I'd do anything, no matter the cost, to make sure I returned those good deeds right back to him. Because before I even had a supporter, he was my biggest fan.

"I had to tell her," he started and I looked over to see him grabbing a six pack before climbing out of the truck, I followed. He walked to the peak of the hill and sat down, taking two cans from the pack before tossing one to me. "Sit." I quickly obliged. "I saw you limping, drink some, it'll make you feel better." I skeptically opened it and he chuckled. "Y/nn you're in a frat.. don't be modest." I smiled bashfully before taking a sip.

I looked out at the skyline where the sun was now below the horizon but the orange and pink still stretched beautifully across the sky.

"I told your mom because watching you and Vanessa develop that special connection got me thinking about how unhappy I was." I looked over and watched him gulp down half of the beer, his eyes watering. "I never meant to hurt your mother, you know? I love her with everything in me but..." he shook his head and I nodded in understanding.

"It's not you." I finished softly.

"No," he sniffed and stared at the sky. "It's not. I tried, I tried to keep myself happy but it's hard when you're basically living a lie. I feel horrible that I hurt her but I can't help but feel free now, at ease."

I set the beer can down and stared at the grass below me, softly swaying with the wind. "Does that mean.. you guys are getting a divorce?" He fell silent. I gulped and looked over to see him wiping his eyes. "Dad?"

"I am in love with someone else." My eyes widened and he nodded.

I gulped and barely got out, "Is it.." he nodded again. "How long?"

He looked at me. "That time you saw us." I looked away in shock, my brain now racing with questions and apprehension. "I know I told you it wouldn't happen again but Y/nn we're in love. I've tried to fight it off but I... I can't."

"That's why you became so okay with Vanessa and I?" I said, putting two and two together. "That was three years ago so.. does that mean..you've been cheating on.." he looked away in seemingly guilt. "That's why mom went crazy. I didn't know that part, dad."

"I didn't want you to." He shook his head and huffed out sadly, "All these years I've been super dad, I couldn't handle you seeing me in a different light. I couldn't bare seeing you stare at me like you are now."

"Dad.." I reached over and grabbed his hand. "You're my father and I love you. I'll always see you like that. I just want you to be happy and if you have to divorce my mom to be happy then... do it." His eyes started to water again as he watched me. "Life's too short to not be happy." Sniffing, he pulled me into a hug and nodded. I rubbed his back and sniffed softly. "I never got that name three years ago because you wouldn't tell me."

He pulled back and smiled softly. "Dakota.." I raised my eyebrows. "His names Dakota."

__

The twist of ages wow

Shook?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 113 24
‼️ disclaimer: names and people are solely being used for the purpose of fiction, this entire story is purely just fiction ‼️ where Jennie has a crus...
7.7K 388 14
Deja likes a guy with a weird name. She saw him for the first time at orientation. Smokey hazel eyes. Crooked smile. Dimpled cheeks. She thought she'...
62 6 17
With the desire to be perceived as normal person, Cassie enters College expecting life to be different than what she's used to from highschool, but r...
12.7K 222 12
Freshman year of college is a place that will make or break you. At least that's what they all say and for me, it means even more than anyone will kn...