Wonderwall [Vanessa/you] [Hi...

By UnAmericanTeen

College freshman Y/n Y/ln has worked her entire life to attend Stanford University and now that she's got tha... More

Cast
Pilot
Episode one
Episode two
Episode three
Episode four
Episode five
Episode six
Episode seven
Episode eight
Episode nine
Episode ten
Episode eleven
6/30... maybe
Episode twelve
Episode thirteen
Episode fourteen
Episode sixteen
Episode seventeen
Episode eighteen
Episode nineteen
Episode twenty
To clarify
Episode twenty one
Episode twenty two
Episode twenty three
Episode twenty four
Episode twenty five
Episode twenty six
Episode twenty seven
Wonderwall Season Two Teaser
S2. Episode one
S2. Episode two
S2. Episode three
S2. Episode four
S2. Episode five
S2. Episode six
S2. Episode seven
S2. Episode eight
S2. Episode nine
S2.Episode ten
S2. Episode eleven
S2. Episode twelve
S2. Episode thirteen
S2. Episode fourteen
S2. Episode fifteen
S2. Episode sixteen
S2. Episode seventeen
S3: Episode One

Episode fifteen

12.7K 487 219
By UnAmericanTeen

S1:Ep15 Home sweet home

-

I nodded my head along to the beat of my headphones as I worked on my CS assignment. What I really enjoyed about my computer science class was that our professor was was super lenient.

We did have quite a bit of controlled lectures but if we had work to do, like today, it was your time to do it. He didn't guide you though it or make the room have to be extra silent; he just let us do our own thing.

"Yo Y/nn?" I heard when my music changed. I pulled the earbud out and nodded at Kyle. He was in the frat and his real name was Conner but he acted like a Kyle so everyone called him Kyle. "You stayin here for thanksgiving or heading home?"

"Heading home for sure. Why would I settle for the dorm food rather than my moms?" He chuckled and nodded in understanding. "But the friends-giving shit is tonight right?" He nodded. "I'll be here for that before I catch my flight tomorrow morning."

"Alright bet. Make sure you wear your KA letterman 'cause we're taking a group pic." He advised before bumping my fist and turning back to his computer.

I nodded and focused back on mine as well. Thanksgiving was tomorrow and I honestly couldn't wait. Moms food was always the best, especially when my dad made his turkey and ham. It was honestly amazing. Though I was happy to be heading home, there was one downfall to it.

Vanessa would be joining us. Apparently her family are on vacation so Vivian offered her to join us because her brother, Dion, was going to his girlfriends family dinner so she would be alone. How great is that? That meant an entire week of being in the same space as Vanessa and Vivian.. and keeping up this no fucks to give act.

Do you know how hard it was to act like I no longer had feelings for her? It was like trying to pee while having an erection. Painful and never ending. No matter what I did, she was in my brain and I had to pretend like everything was fine. Nothing was fine.

The only person who knew what was going on was Joseph and now Jasmine. She found me sitting on the roof after the Halloween party, don't ask, and basically forced me to talk about my feelings. Like... really made me talk.

October 31st

I stared out at the trashed lawn with a few passed out bodies and probably a thousand plastic cups. I've been up here for probably forty minutes now. The party was over and I watched Vivian and Vanessa walk out. They looked happy. Good for them.

I brought the crappy cheap beer to my lips and took a swig, shaking my head as I sighed.

"If you fall, I would laugh so hard." I looked over my shoulder at my window where Jasmine stood with a soft smile. "What's got you simping, Y/nn?"

I sighed and looked back ahead of me, watching a couple walk out of the house with their hands together, laughing at something random. "Nothing." I mumbled and finished off the beer before cocking my hand back and launching it over the side of the house, right into the glass bin.

She climbed out of the window expertly and slowly walked down before sitting besides me, her legs crossed. "For a moment, I'm not your softball captain or your fuck buddy, okay? It's just me, Jasmine your friend."

I stared at her sincere eyes before my shoulders dropped and I leaned over, staring at the ground. "The girl I'm getting over, Vanessa." I could feel her eyes on me but I knew if I looked up, I would stop. "I could've had her... but I made a mistake and she's with my sister instead. We've kissed a few times and it's eating me alive so I..."

Her hand slid over my thigh and she caressed my leg with her thumb. I moved my hand on top of hers and huffed. "I saw her tonight and I just.. I couldn't do it anymore so I acted like your typical fuck boy. I acted way more drunk than I was and I told my buddy to have a girl come up to my room at midnight and you should've seen her, Jasmine. She looked at me like she didn't know me anymore."

I raised up and fell back against the roof, my eyes now on the dark sky without a star in sight. "It kills me to act this way but I'm watching my sister... I'm watching Vivian fall in love with the one girl who made her trust again. I couldn't do it."

Once I finished, she was silent as she took time to process everything I just said. I even needed to process what I just said. That was the first time I've felt everything head on and was able to share it. Sure, Joseph and I talked but it was never this in depth. And now that it was in depth, I could feel the tightness in my chest and that same dull pain again.

"She's staying with her? After you guys have kissed?" I nodded. I felt weight on my stomach and I looked down to see her sliding up my body, her hands resting on my chest before she propped her chin up on her hands. "I can help you. It'll be hard but I can help.. until you're actually able to get over her."

"How?" I whispered.

She smiled softly. "With your act? In case you don't wanna go around sleeping with randoms. I can play into that because you're too much of a sweetheart to be an asshole." I rolled my eyes and she giggled. "You know it's true, don't front."

"Whatever," I looked up at the sky and sighed before looking down and pushing a stray hair out of her face. "Thanks, Jasmine. You've been a really good friend and I needed that." She smirked and pushed herself up, hovering over of as her hair fell over and tickled my neck. "And a great sex partner as well because wow, that ass."

She dropped her head, laughing against my shoulder while my hands slid around her waist. "I can't deal with you." She raised her head against and pushed her hair out of her face, her expression getting serious. "Okay but are you feeling alright? You wanna still keep talking?"

I shook my head. "Can we do it instead?"

She rolled her eyes before pushing herself up and nodding. "Come on, Papi."

I playfully pumped my fist and whisper-shouted 'Yes' as I stood up. "I literally love it when you call me that, please never stop."

She smirked and climbed through the window, me right behind her. "Keep earning that title and you'll keep it."

Present day

Jasmine was like the girl I never knew I needed in my life but I was glad I had. She stuck true to her word and played into my act so I didn't need to actually be a fuckboy. Which I was thankful for, I didn't want any STDs.

But, I didn't know if I could get through this week being with Vanessa.. that would be the test.

-

Friends-giving went great so I decided to swing by Jasmines and bring her a plate. Not to toot my own horn but my Mac n cheese was superior.

When I got to the large mansion, I saw a jet black Lincoln in the driveway... a car I haven't seen before. I parked out on the street and decided to walk to the back. I didn't know if Jasmine wanted me to just show myself so I played it safe. I walked through the back gate but stopped once I saw Jasmine and what looked to be her mom on the back terrace. I slid behind the pool house, then I caught their conversation.

"Pero mama you've missed the last three thanksgiving because of work." Jasmine sighed out, staring at the water.

"I know mija, but if I want to keep my reps up I need to be willing to miss holidays. I'll try to make Christmas this time, okay?" I frowned when I figured out what they were talking about. Her parents wouldn't be here? And haven't been here? "Your papa also wanted me to tell you he's sorry he can't make it."

"What? It's not even in season yet!" I pulled out my phone and went to her contacts, making a text. "So I'm spending another one alone? Cool." Her phone suddenly buzzed and I knew it was from me. It was silent for a moment before she spoke up again. "I'm going to Kansas for a week then."

"Kansas..? Why? I can get the jet set and you can just go to New York or Miami or somewhere more appetizing." Ok, rude. Kansas can be cool too! We have really good shredded pork sandwiches! And.. snow!

"I'm fine, and I'm riding economy." Her mom gasped and I heard their footsteps descend.

"Do you know how bad that would look for me? My daughter riding Econ? I can see the headlines now.."

After about five minutes, I saw Jasmine walk back out with a suitcase and a duffle bag over her shoulder. I smiled when she caught sight of me and sped up her walk.

"Yasmine Martinez-Morgado escúchame! I will know if you don't take that jet and there will be consequences. Understand?" Her mom called out from on top of the terrace, not even sparing me a second glance.

"Loud and clear." Jasmine mumbled loud enough for her to hear before she looked at me and smiled widely. "Thank you. You're like my own Superman or something."

I playfully placed my hands on my hips to make her laugh, and she did, then I grabbed her bags. "I hoped you packed warm." She cocked an eyebrow. "You'll see."

-

"Oh my God." Jasmine gasped out from her spot by the window of the plane. We were just landing in Missouri and she slept most of it but woke up just in time to see the snow covered runway. The snow had stopped falling but there were still nice amounts of it piled up. "This is so coo- I have never seen snow before." I chuckled at her not even being able to finish her own sentence because she was so excited.

We ended up taking her private jet. Yes.. her private fucking jet. It was so damn cool and they had champagne and candy and literally breakfast. And I don't mean that generic granola bar breakfast you get on Econ. I mean the lady brought out a mimosa, egg Benedict, bacon omelet, biscuits, and so much more. I don't know if I'd even have an appetite for thanksgiving. That's an obvious lie but you get what I mean.

When we landed and the pilot gave us the go ahead, we started out of the jet but I stopped and spun around to face Jasmine. "Where's your jacket? And your beanie? It's really cold out there." She rolled her eyes before tugging on her designer parka with its matching black furry beanie. "There we gooo." I said, laughing when she shoved me forward. I hopped down the stairs and furrowed my eyebrows when a guy in a suit was standing there. "Hi?"

He simply looked at me before moving forward and grabbing Jasmines hand. She huffed but didn't pull away when he helped her down the stairs. "Y/nn this is Belfort, he likes to follow me around and make sure I don't get kidnapped for ransom." Belfort simply smiled softly in response.

"Your father just wants you safe, Miss Martinez." She patted his shoulder and nodded.

"I know Bel, but when I'm at Y/n's house is it okay if I just be lowkey?" He looked uncertain before nodding. "Great, thanks."

Meanwhile, I was gawking at the fact that this girl literally had a personal guard... what the hell. When she saw my shocked face, she giggled and pointed at a car. I looked over and saw Mercedes limo. "You know what? Vanessa who? I'll just marry you."

"Shut up, idiot." She laughed out, climbing in first with me following. "Is your sister and Vanessa here already?"

I nodded. "They left last night so Ma probably knows Vanessa's full biography by now; especially because Vivian's never brought a girl home before." My eyes trailed out of the window as we drove through the back of the airport then to the street. I smiled, seeing the small coffee shops that I've missed. It was hard to find anything large in Westwind. KC had a lot of large corporations but Westwind stuck to its small town roots. I've missed it.

"So this is where the professor grew up, huh?" I chuckled and nodded before shifting to face her. "What did you even do here... for fun?"

"Well, we went to a lot of drive-in movies. There's also this diner, Fredericks, everyone goes there on Friday nights before the movies or parties and early on Saturdays when they have a hangover. Just a lot of small town things that was actually really fun."

She smiled, listening to every word. "Wow, that actually sounds really fun. How about friends? Got any of them I can meet to get juicy fetus Y/n stories?" I hummed and looked back out of the window.

"Nope," She smacked her lips and leaned over.

"Why not?" She questioned.

I smiled sadly, catching my pathetic expression in the window. I sighed at myself before turning to look back at her. "Because I didn't really... have friends out here. Not after Junior year so.. yeah." Her expression dropped into one of a sad one as I cleared my throat. "But it's fine I mean, I'm good now." I gave her a small smile and looked back out the window.

And it was true. After I found Reign cheating on me the first time at a sophomore party, I basically shut down. I didn't talk to anyone or go to anymore parties, I cut everyone but Vivian off. So, friends? I had clue what that was.. well, until now. And I would forever be grateful for Joseph and Ashlynn for getting me back out because if they hadn't, I don't know where I would be right now.

"We're here." Jasmine whispered, getting my attention.

I raised my eyes up to the small two story blue town house and I instantly felt the happiness draw its way back into my body. "Home sweet home." I mumbled, climbing out.

I grabbed my bags from the trunk of the limo when I heard a door slam. "Y/nn!" I raised my head and saw Vivian on the steps with her arms up. "Hiiii!"

I chuckled and waved before pulling my backpack on then grabbing Jasmines bags. "Hi Viv." I said as we walked over to the porch.

"Auntie Sam and Megan are here. They brought their daughter and she's the cutest thing now." I pouted at the mention of my baby cousin. I haven't been able to see her since she was born because they lived Columbia Missouri and, though it wasn't too far of a drive, with the schedules it never aligned.

"Aw, Charlie's here?" I squeaked out in a high pitched voice, my legs moving a tad bit faster.

I set the bags down as soon as I stepped foot in the door, my eyes catching the brunette sitting on the floor with her sippy cup. "Charlieee!" I dragged out and her little head popped up.

She gasped and pushed herself off of the ground, wobbly running towards me. "Hi!" She screamed with her arms up. I quickly picked her up and held her to my chest, swaying us side to side. "Cuzzie, I mish you."

I playfully sobbed and kissed her cheek. "I missed you too, cousin. We're going to have so much fun." I pulled back with her still in my arms, her hands holding my face. "We're going to watch movies and eat candy and play outside and make snow angels and.." I trailed off when I saw a figure in the stairs, her eyes already on me. I stared at her for a moment as she smiled. I simply smiled back before turning to Charlie again. "And we can go to the carnival-"

"You know you can take her if you want?" I turned my head and saw my aunts wife, Sam, leaned against the wall with her smirk. "Smuggle her in your backpack when you go to class, keep her forever if you want."

"Samantha!" My Aunt Megan exclaimed, slapping her shoulder as she walked out of the kitchen with a small bowl of animal crackers. "She doesn't mean that baby, your mama loves you. Hey hun," she said and gave me a kiss on my forehead. "How's college?"

"It's really fun, lot of work but I'm getting the hang of it." I felt a presence behind me and smiled. "Oh yeah, guys this is Jasmine. Jas this is my aunt Megan and this is her annoying but also super fun wife Sam. And this cutie is Charlie, their two year old."

"Hi," Jasmine spoke confidently as she shook their hand. "You have a beautiful daughter, she looks just like you." She said, motioning to Megan.

"Yeah, thank God right?" Megan stated playfully and I gasped, laughing when Same grumbled out in disapproval, walking away from us. Megan winked and reached for Charlie. "Still got my wit."

"You never lost, Auntie." I chuckled out, wrapping my arm around Jasmines shoulder and leading us to the kitchen. "Mooom."

"What?" She huffed. I raised my eyebrow when I saw her pushing something into the oven and slamming it shut. She raised her head and turned to me, her eyes widening. "Oh baby, I'm sorry. I thought you were Vivian." She walked forward and pulled me into a hug. "I'm so happy you're here."

I rubbed her back and pecked her cheek before pulling back. "Me too. This is Jasmine, she's the captain of the softball team."

My mom cocked her eyebrow before pulling her into a hug. "What happened to Loren?" She attempted to whisper... failing horribly might I add.

I furrowed my eyebrows before getting what she was hinting at. "I- no, Jas and I are just friends. Loren and I didn't work out." She hummed sarcastically and walked back to the oven. "Where's dad?"

"Probably in the garage watching the game. He thinks I don't know what he's doing." She snorted and shook her head.

I smiled and nodded before walking back into the living room where Vivian was talking with my aunts. "She plays softball- Jasmine please come tell idiotic Sam that shortstop is the hardest position on the field." I looked over at her with a shrug.

"If you wanna. I'm gonna go see my dad."

She nodded. "I'm gonna go tell them that pitcher is actually the hardest position." I snorted and she pushed me. "Dot act like outfield is difficult." I gasped and she smirked, walking away.

I shook my head and walked outside to the garage where I heard the vivid sound of the Royals game on the tv. Slowly walking in, I spotted him staring intently at it just like mom said. "Whatcha doing?"

He jumped and quickly grabbed a hammer. "I'm just fixing the uh," He looked back at me and huffed, tossing the hammer back into the tool box. "Goddamit, Y/nn. You sound just like your damn mom." He ran a hand through his hair before chuckling and raising his arms. "Happy you made it safe though, daughter."

I gave him a hug and patted his back. "Me too, what's the score?" I asked and sat besides him.
"We're down one at the top of the sixth. Dodgers came to play but with Turner ejected and Seager injured, not sure they'll be doing much damage." I nodded and leaned back. "Vivian's new girl seems nice."

I gulped and kept a straight face. "Yeah, she's cool." I felt him look at me but I kept my eyes on the screen.

"Pretty too." I nodded slowly. "You approve of her?"

I nodded again. "Yeah, as long as she treats Viv right." When I finally looked at him, he was still staring at me. "What?"

Now he looked away. "Nothing." The sound of mom calling us both gathered his attention and he chuckled. "She's so done with my shit." He pushed himself up with a groan and shut off the tv, much to my dismay. "Hey, if I gotta go then so do you. Move it."

I huffed and stood up, walking in front of him slowly until he pushed my back, almost making me fall. "Hey!"

"Walk faster, jackass." He retorted and I smiled, laughing happily.

It felt good to be home.

__

who's ready for some drama?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 8.1K 51
They say Junior Year of College is the hardest, but for Iris, it's for new beginnings. It's never too late to live your dreams, which is precisely w...
138K 3.5K 109
Trope: Popular girl x tutor boy "I want you to tell me one thing." Her wobbly voice said. "Anything," I say quietly. "What does it mean?" "What?" "M...
7.7K 388 14
Deja likes a guy with a weird name. She saw him for the first time at orientation. Smokey hazel eyes. Crooked smile. Dimpled cheeks. She thought she'...
76.2K 2.6K 25
Vanessa was a shy girl, only noticed because of her 'stupidity'. Soon, new neighbors come along. But she would never believe what happens after that...