Wonderwall [Vanessa/you] [Hi...

By UnAmericanTeen

College freshman Y/n Y/ln has worked her entire life to attend Stanford University and now that she's got tha... More

Cast
Pilot
Episode one
Episode three
Episode four
Episode five
Episode six
Episode seven
Episode eight
Episode nine
Episode ten
Episode eleven
6/30... maybe
Episode twelve
Episode thirteen
Episode fourteen
Episode fifteen
Episode sixteen
Episode seventeen
Episode eighteen
Episode nineteen
Episode twenty
To clarify
Episode twenty one
Episode twenty two
Episode twenty three
Episode twenty four
Episode twenty five
Episode twenty six
Episode twenty seven
Wonderwall Season Two Teaser
S2. Episode one
S2. Episode two
S2. Episode three
S2. Episode four
S2. Episode five
S2. Episode six
S2. Episode seven
S2. Episode eight
S2. Episode nine
S2.Episode ten
S2. Episode eleven
S2. Episode twelve
S2. Episode thirteen
S2. Episode fourteen
S2. Episode fifteen
S2. Episode sixteen
S2. Episode seventeen
S3: Episode One

Episode two

17.3K 616 580
By UnAmericanTeen

S1:Ep2 Weirdo?

-

"Y/ln?" I stopped myself from walking to my seat when Hiben called me.

"Hi Professor Hiben." I said more assuredly from the time I've spent in his class now.

"Hello Y/n. Can you do me a quick favor please?" He handed me a Manila folder with a smile. "I had to fill out this new class year form, it's all unnecessary but I have to do it. Anyways, can you take this to the Law department and give this to the lawyers secretary? Her name is Miss Westbrook. You'll spot her as soon as you walk in."

I nodded, taking the envelope from his hands. "What about class-"

"With all due respect, you're smarter than every kid in here. You won't miss a thing during this lecture." I guess he saw I was still skeptical because he sighed and held up his phone. "I'll record it and send it to you, good?"

"Yes, perfect. I'll get this over there for you now." He gave me a quick thumbs up in response and I stepped out of the class, making my way down the sidewalk to the Law department. I knew the main building wasn't that far because my Thursday classes were there.

As I walked across the campus briskly, I heard bells ring behind me and I looked over my shoulder to see a bike coming up so I politely moved to the side and gave the girl a smile.

Her eyes widened slightly as she passed me and I looked forward to see a trash can coming up but before I could warn her, she ran head on into it and flipped over harshly.

"Oh shit." I gasped and rushed up to help her. She was laying on her back and groaning, holding her head. "Hey, are you okay?"

She looked at me in a daze, a soft smile covering her lips. "Wow you're pretty." My eyes widened slightly, my face heating up as she breathed out but it quickly turned into a wince. "Ow my head."

"Uh, I'm not a doctor or anything so I can't tell if you have like.. a concussion. How many fingers am I holding up?" I asked, slightly apprehensive as I held up three fingers.

"Um three?" I nodded and lowered my hand. "I'm okay, just a little dizzy." I found it okay to have her stand so I slowly helped her up, along with her bike. "Aw shucks, my glasses." She picked up the frames that were missing the leg. "These are my third pair this year." She huffed out.

I smiled softly, my hands still holding her bike. "I uh I have tape in my car. I'm not an engineer but I think I can fix those up for you." She looked up and smiled bashfully before nodding softly. "It's just by Tech Block if you don't mind the walk.."

"I apparently can't ride so I think walking is my best bet." I chuckled softly and walked along side her to my truck. "I'm Loren."

"Y/n." I responded and we smiled at one another before she looked back ahead. "So, do you usually run into trash cans or was this just a one time thing?" A soft giggle left her lips that made my heart jump and I found myself watching her more than watching where I was walking.

"Hopefully it's a one time thing." She pointed before pushing a stray hair behind her ear and casting a glance at me. "I just got distracted." Boom, heart jump. "And I'm known to be quite clumsy."

"I can tell. You said these are your third pair this year? It's only September." I didn't know what it was but she was easy to converse with. She just radiated a welcoming aura.

"I know," she groaned out. "I don't know what it is but I'm prone to breaking things."

I bit my lip softly as we neared my car and I had a split inner moment of confidence. "Hearts included?"

Her face flushed at my hinting tone and she shook her head, the brown locks falling back into her face as she spoke softly. "Hearts excluded."

I looked away and smiled. "Good to know." I stopped at the 2019 black Ford Ranger that my dad got for me before kicking out the bike stand and letting it rest in its position while I opened my car door.

"Nice truck." Loren said with a smile. "I pegged you for a Prius girl, or maybe a fiat."

I chuckled softly and leaned over to the glove compartment. "Was it the slacks or the polo shirt?" I questioned playfully as I pulled out the small roll of duct tape.

"Definitely the slacks." When I climbed back out with the tape, she handed me her glasses and I got to work. "So are you from California?"

"Oh no, not at all. Born and raised in Kansas City. And I mean Missouri, not Kansas state." She nodded. "You?"

"Germany." My eyebrows shot up in shock and she giggled. "Yeah. I moved here a year ago and I'm surprised you can understand anything I'm saying. Most people say my accent is too thick."

I grinned before holding her, now fixed, glasses up. "I understand perfectly, Loren. Tada." She clapped briefly and grabbed them, putting them on her face but they were lopsided. "Whoops, hold on a sec." I stood in front of her and focused on adjusting them and when I got it, I lowered my gaze to see her eyes already locked on me. "Uh.." I cleared my throat and looked away from her hypnotizing orbs. "There ya go."

Her cheeks turned red again as she looked down. "Thank you, Y/n."

I nodded. "No problemo." Scratching the back of my neck nervously, I had a question on the tip of my tongue but it wouldn't come out. I actually said the opposite of what I wanted to say. "You think you'll be able to ride without crashing into anything?" Her eyebrows shot up so I quickly stammered out a save. "N-not that I'm just trying to leave but I just want to make sure you're okay, you know? I don't know-" I stopped my rambling when she giggled softly, taking ahold of her bike with a soft smile. "What's funny?" I whispered bashfully.

"Nothing," She kicked the peg stand up before sliding onto the bike with ease. "Thanks again, Y/n."

I nodded and waved as she started off down the path. I huffed at myself and smacked my forehead. "Why didn't you ask for her number, you idiot." I closed my car door, starting back on my trek to the Law building.

"Hi, I'm here for-" I stopped mid sentence when the receptionist held up her finger, a cellphone pressed to her ear.

"Are you sure, Beth?" She spoke hastily. "My ride is currently at work is there any way- yeah okay... I'll be there." The brunette hung up the phone before standing up and placing a 'Out for lunch' sign on the desk as she grabbed her purse. "Y/n right?" She spoke without looking up as she started to shove stuff into her bag. "Do you have a car?"

"Um," I scratched the back of my neck in confusion and she looked up slowly. "Yes?"

"Great. Can you drive me to Falcon Ridge Elementary school? It's like two minutes away." She already started walking to the door before I could get out a response, so I just followed after her. "I'm Melissa by the way, but just call me Ellie."

"Y/n.." I mumbled before unlocking my truck and she quickly slid into the passenger seat as if this was something normal for her. "Okay then." I started the engine and backed out of the driveway. "So, what happened?"

She crossed one leg over the other and went to respond when suddenly her phone rang. "Sorry," she answered it and put it to her ear. "Westbrook. Oh hi Eli," I focused on the road and tried not to listen on her conversation but it wasn't easy. "Yeah, I'm on my way now buddy, just wait for me with miss Beth, okay? I know. Okay, I love you too, bye bye."

I pulled up to the elementary school and she gave me a soft smile before opening the car door and walking briskly to the school.

What the fuck just happened?

I huffed in confusion before grabbing my phone and texting Ash.

Me: wyd loser?

Ash🤠: trying to get through this damn weight room. You?

Me: driving a random receptionist to some elementary school but what's new? How's softball btw? How's the team looking?

Ash🤠: would look better with you on it. Still don't understand why yo dumbass won't walk on.

Me: you know why

Ash🤠: cAuSE I nEEd tO FOcUS oN schOOl blah blah blah. You r literally smart af and balanced softball in high school. You can do it now bitch

I sighed and lowered my phone for a moment, debating her words. Not going to lie, I did love softball more than anything. It's what brought my dad and I close together when I was a kid. Well, baseball did but because I wasn't allowed to play on the boys baseball team, softball was the next thing. And it grew on me tremendously. It would be great to play again.

But I knew if I wanted to pass with my four-point-O, I had to stay focused and grind out my four years.

Me: I can't. High school was more relaxed, this is Stanford. I trust you'll bring the trophy home

Ash🤠: I'm gonna get you on the team, watch. We need you.

"Hey, no running." I raised my eyes up and closed my phone when Ellie came back to the car with a small boy who looked no older than four. "This is Y/n,"

"Hi Y/n." He said with a wide smile before dropping onto the backseat and pulling on his seatbelt. "Big truck, I like it."

I chuckled and turned around to give him a fist bump. "Right on, little dude." Ellie smiled at me as I started back down the road again.

We reached the university in no time and I parked before we three walked to the office again where Ellie moved the sign and instructed Elijah to sit on the bench.

"So, is he your little brother?" I asked and she opened her mouth to respond when my question was suddenly answered.

"Mommy I'm hungry." Elijah suddenly piped up, his legs swinging.

"Oh," I breathed out.

"I know babe, I don't have any snacks right now but I will give you some food when we get home." He pouted softly so I swung my backpack off and opened it, taking out a closed bag of cheeto puffs. I raised them up to her in a questioning manner and she gave me an embarrassed smile. "You don't have to.."

"I don't mind." I turned to the child who was now looking around the office aimlessly. "Hey Eli," his head snapped to me. "Catch." I tossed the Cheetos to him and he gasped, catching them quickly before snapping the bag open.

"Thanks. He's hungry like twenty four seven." She sighed out before raising her hand when I handed her the folder I originally came here for. "And thank you for the ride. My cars in the shop right now and he can't go a day in school without getting into some trouble." I looked over my shoulder at the kid who was happily munching on the chips. "Yeah... thank you."

"It's no problem." I looked down at my watch and saw I had about an hour left before class ended and Ash would want to get some lunch before our next lessons. "I have to go but it was nice meeting you. The little one as well." She gave me a polite smile and nod as I turned to walk out, passing by Eli. "Enjoy those chips, little dude."

He looked up with a wide smile before holding his fist up. I chuckled, knocking our fists together and wincing, pretending as if he hit me too hard. "Strong arm." He flexed playfully and I smiled before walking out of the office and heading back to my truck.

-

"No." I huffed when Ash poked at my back. "No, I ended up at that party last week, I'm not going. I lost precious studying time because of that."

"Bro, come on. If you don't have fun I'll blow you." I grimaced at her and she rolled her eyes. "Kidding. But I promise if you want to leave, we'll leave."

"Ashlyn." I sighed out and groaned. She continued to stare at me with her hands under her chin, pouting. "You look like you have to take a shit." Her eyes rolled. "Are you really going to make me go?"

"No, if you don't wanna, don't." She walked off slowly and started to pull clothes out of the closet-slash-cabinet. "You can just stay here.. study the night away."

I smiled in satisfaction and turned back to my notebook when I suddenly had a thought.. a flashback to that girl. The one who said she'll see me at the very party that Ash was trying to get me to go to.

It wasn't like I was interested in her. I didn't do party girls but I mean.. it seemed like she wanted to see me. It'd be kind of assholish of me to just not show up. Right?

"Hey Ash.." I called out and she peaked her head out from the closet. "This party... is it worth a Thursday night?" A Cheshire Cat grin took over her lips as she screamed in excitement.

"Yes! I'm dressing you holy fuck!" I chuckled and let her rummage through my closet for an outfit before she pulled out a set of clothes and tossed it to me. "Put it on, with ya hot ass!"

"Okay okay." I peeled off my crewneck before changing into the clothes she picked. I could tell she went with something a little more fashion forward which was a bit of a leap for me. I usually just dawned a polo shirt with a crewneck hoodie atop it. Literally, I wore that like everyday.

"I am amazing." She mumbled once I stood in front of the mirror, dressed.

"Vivian is won't be there. Apparently her and ole girl hit it off and she went with to the movies."

"She'll have another one by tomorrow tonight." I mumbled, grabbing my car keys. I looked back at my desk before shutting off the lamp with a sigh. "Okay, let's go to a fucking party."

"Whoop whoop!"

And we did go.

When we got there, I immediately wanted to back right out of there. It was the same frat house but it felt like the numbers doubled. Even the music seemed louder. How did they not get complaints?

Ash left to find her boyfriend, after getting the okay from me, so now I was alone, looking like a loner.

I wandered over to the bar looking area and grabbed a solo cup before filling it up with the jug titled 'lemonade'. I added just a splash of vodka to take the edge off but nothing to knock me off my feet.

Taking a sip, the flavor danced over my tongue but it did taste strong to only have a little vodka. I blamed it on my low tolerance to alcohol.

"Stanford?" I cocked an eyebrow. "Is that you?" I spun around and saw the same girl from last week making her way through the large kitchen with a smirk and a cup in her hand. "Thought I recognized those glasses."

And just like before, I went speechless. I swear she had some sort of remote control that made me become mute because, yes I was shy, but I wasn't incapable of talking to a pretty girl!

She didn't speak on my absence this time but instead started to make herself a drink. "So, Stanford, what do you study at this 'pristine' school?"

I finally regained my voice back as I took a harsh gulp to ease my nerves. "Computer science."

Her eyebrows shot up. "Wow, what a coincidence. My computer has been acting up for weeks now." I stared silently as she took a sip. "Maybe you can help me out?"

"What's wrong with it?" I asked, avoiding her strong gaze.

"Well, it keeps getting pop ups from random sites. You should swing by my dorm and help me out." The girl spoke softly, though the music was bumping loudly.

"Oh that's easy. You just gotta go to your safari settings and click block pop ups." She stared at me for a moment before sighing and looking away, taking another sip. "People always think that's a virus but nope, just settings."

"Right." She gave me a tight lipped smile before downing the rest of her drink then pointing over her shoulder. "I'm gonna go dance. Catch you later, Stanford."

I nodded and waved, swallowing the rest of my drink.

"Dumbass." I heard muttered from my left. I looked over and saw a guy looking at me with an amused smile. "Yes, you. Dumbass."

"Excuse me?" I questioned.
He shook his head before pointing in the direction of the girl that just left. "What about her?"

"Jeez man." He poured himself something as he spoke. "Moe was definitely flirting and definitely wanted you in her bed tonight. You blew it." I slowly looked to the opening of the kitchen where she was now talking to some frat boy, a flirtatious smile on her lips.

"Well... I'm not interested anyways." I mumbled with a shrug and looked back at the boy who was snickering under his breath. "Who are you? Why were you even eavesdropping anyways?"

He simply smiled. "I'm Joseph, your new best friend." I gave him a look and he chuckled. "Also the prez of this fraternity."

"And that's suppose to make you my best friend? Weirdo." I spoke out in confusion, feeling weird but not enough to walk away.

He waved his hand and sipped on the solo cup. "I'm a weirdo? You just turned down the hottest girl here. I think you're weird-"

"Stop talking to me, you... weird dude." He laughed fully now and set his cup down as he gave me a slow clap.

"Weird dude is a huge step up from weirdo, I'll take it." I scowled as he crossed his arms with a pending smirk. "So, you got a name or is it going to stay as weirdo?"

"What is wrong with you?" I breathed out. "Are you drunk?"

He grinned. "I don't drink." He then raised his cup. "Pure water, weirdo." I shook my head and grabbed my cup, starting out of the kitchen while he called after me. "Bye, best friend!"

Fucking frat boys, I swear.

I found myself walking through the crowd of people to reach outside so I could get some air. It was way too stuffy in this house and I'd rather not suffocate on the smell of weed and sweat.

When I made it out, I sat on the porch and stared out at the night sky. For a moment, I let my mind wander.

I came a long way from Kansas. Literally.

It felt weird to be a college student. Not only a college student, a Stanford college student. I dreamed of this since freshman year in high school but.. why did it feel different than how I imagined. Sure, I knew I would be more about my studies than having fun but was that worth it?

I spent majority of high school all about the books and.. I couldn't really relive the memories my classmates did. I never snuck out to a party or stayed out late with friends. Didn't go to school dances or football games. Sure I had a relationship with... her... but even then I was tamed and reserved. That's probably why she..

"Shit." I looked up when the same girl stumbled out giggling with some frat guy. I watched silently as she pushed him against the outer wall and latched onto him like leach, their lips smacking.

I brought my eyes back in front of me and poured out the rest of my drink. There were reasons I hated and would never date a party girl again.

And sadly, she was clearly one of them.

___

how are we feeling so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 388 14
Deja likes a guy with a weird name. She saw him for the first time at orientation. Smokey hazel eyes. Crooked smile. Dimpled cheeks. She thought she'...
1.1M 33.6K 71
honestly I suck at descriptions but it's a Vanessa Moe/You book. Just read it yo. G!p you Highest rake: #34
234 12 15
Tara is a college student, perfectly content with life. She sees everything with beauty. She wouldn't change anything for the world, but sometimes, t...
2K 113 24
‼️ disclaimer: names and people are solely being used for the purpose of fiction, this entire story is purely just fiction ‼️ where Jennie has a crus...