My Husband's A Wife

By OurInnocentSin

About the arranged marriage to a billionaire's "son". More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35 1/2
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 41

21.9K 754 284
By OurInnocentSin

~Photo Above: Ken~

(A/N: Lengthy Chapter, yay!!)

The empty coffin stares back at us, presenting us all with the fact that Alex's body is somewhere other than this casket.

Alex's mother momentarily stays silent, her face flushing with intense fury.

"You ruined... the funeral," she spits.

No one makes a sound.

She slams the coffin shut, her hair falling in front of her face in a tangled, greasy mess.

"Get out," she seethes.

I glance back at Ken, his soft facial features shadowed with panic.

"GET OUT!" She shrieks hysterically.

  One foot falls behind me, and then the next, and soon I was running off the stage and towards the entrance of the funeral site.

Ahh, I'm sorry Alex!!!

People curse at me as I escape through the crowd, and then this one one man sticks his foot out so suddenly I trip over him and smash my face into the concrete. Ow!

Others begin to crowd around me, mocking from above. I hear one go, "Let's teach her a lesson!" A boot raises in the air, aiming in my direction. I squeeze my eyes shut—

Suddenly, someone tugs my hand and yanks me off of the ground. I crack my eyes open and smile with relief. It's Ken!
He drags me behind him, yelling, "Hurry, let's get out of here!" I run with him, looking back to ensure that they weren't chasing after us.

...

As we turn the corner and leave them behind, Ken stops running. His chest heaves as he squeezes his heart, out of breath.

I think we've lost them.

He reaches into his brown bag and pulls out something that I can't really recognize.

"There's something I have to give you. I decided not to earlier, but you changed my mind. Thanks— for standing up for me." He smiles, embarrassed.

"No problem."

Ken holds out the item towards me, and I take it, running my hands over the cover.

I believe... it's a scrapbook.

A teddy bear is stamped onto its cover, and a smile stretches across my face as I open to the first page.

A note falls out. I pick it up, off of the ground.

In pretty, spaced-out handwriting, the note reads:

"Doesn't matter who, someone better fill this up... ok?"

His eyes flicker wistfully, and longing is visible through his forced smile.

"That's her handwriting." He laughs softly.

He runs a finger over her handwriting as if it were as fragile as glass, and that's when I truly realize... that he was in love with her. I feel as if he wanted to keep her heart beating, even if he couldn't even make her heart beat faster.

... and for a moment, my own heartbeat stops.

What am I, a 14 year old girl?

Ken rakes a hand through his platinum hair, looking as if there was something he needed to admit.
I have a feeling there is indeed something he's yearning to tell me, but he keeps his silence, staring guiltily at the ground.

"Look... I gotta get going. I'll see you around sometime, yeah?"

"See you, I guess."

He runs off, leaving me alone with the scrapbook still in my hands. 

He's a nice kid.

Though I wonder... I run my hands over the cover absentmindedly. How... did he already know the coffin was locked?

———

Flustered, I flip through the pages, to find them empty. There are no photos in place.

Blank, blank, blank— AHA!

I spot one lone photo in the pocket of the last page, and I pull it out slowly.

I blink for a second. Hold on, this can't be...

This is.. the two of us?

I examine the photo.

A smile flashes across Alex's face as I teasingly rest my lips on her youthful skin. Her arm, covered in wristbands, is wrapped tightly around mine. Though the photo taken is quite dim, both of us seem quite comfortable on the couch, our hair spread out in all directions. I smile weakly. My hair was much longer then.

I stop and scratch my head. It's just, I don't remember having my picture taken then. Who even took the photo?

"So... how was the funeral?"

I jump out of my own skin, before I recognize Luna's arm around my shoulder.

I realize that I'm clutching the picture tight against my chest, bending the film.

"Oh, uh..." I laugh, slipping the photo into my bra.

Luna gazes into my eyes, keeping eye contact with me for just a second longer than normal... and then turns her focus to something else.

"W-Wait— why are you here?!" I stutter.

She laughs. "Well, we were waiting for you, weren't we? How was it?

"Crashed the funeral, yelled at her mother, preached the bible, flung the coffin open, found the coffin was empty, and got the hell out."

Luna grins. "So it went well, I presume."

Oliver laughs. "Somebody better fill me in on that later. Hilarious."

Somebody...

Suddenly, the phrase resurfaces.

   " Somebody better fill this up... ok? "

Unfortunately, I know that I wouldn't be the one to take pictures like this.

And then I remember someone who does.

———

"Hurry up, Summer." Oliver stretches his arms, yawning. "We have to to go."

"Hold on, like one minute. I'm concentrating. "

I fold the sheet of paper onto itself perfectly, feeling satisfactory.

On the front, I write: " Candy ".

I decided to give the scrapbook to Candy for two reasons. First, I recall finding a camera in her car a while ago, along with miscellaneous pictures scattered around her truck,.
Secondly... I have to reject her proposal.

She invited me to travel with her, to see the world's beauty, for a little while.

In the note, I explained to her: "I enjoy your company, but it's just... I've found someone else to see the world with. Someone that is my world."

I glance at Luna and blush. She's not paying attention to me— she's talking to the Zayn lookalike.

I slip the note into the front pocket of the sketchbook and get their attention.

"Hey, is there any way we could deliver this notebook to Candy?"

Oliver goes, "Candy? You mean that rainbow-hair chick?"

I nod.

"Y'know, I'm going to swing by the Roselyn Office in a few hours. I'll try to find her."

"Do you think she's still out there?" I ask, biting my nails.

"We'll see." Oliver takes the book from me and tucks it under his arm. "Plus, I have to find an excuse to see Enrico anyway."

I nudge him jokingly, and his face turns bright red. "Ooh, he's gonna go see his boyfriend!"

Luna pushes him lightly and smiles. "Go."

"Very well. I'll see you... later." He gives us a peace sign and disappears.

She winks at me. "Just us."

———

...Maybe it's the remnants of the drug that made me do something so bold.

Or, it could be the fact that Luna's just fucking hot.

Probably both.

Nevertheless, while on the train back to our apartment, I playfully leaned in to tease her neck.

She shot back, shielding her neck as her face turns red. "S-Stop that... you're not allowed to touch me, remember?"

I lean onto her shoulder. "Mn, but it looks so delicious."

She shrugs me off of her shoulder, covering her face so I couldn't see. "S-Seriously, I have a suspicion to why you're acting like this. My mother slipped you some drugs a few hours ago, right?"

I squirm closer. "How do you know that?"

"Oliver filled me in while you were at the funeral."

I brush my hand over hers. "Well, it would've worn off by now, right babe?"

"No, it hasn't!" She smacks my hand away. "Plus, since when did you call me... babe?" Luna bites her lip.

"Aww, you don't like it?"

"Well..."

The train stops, and I realize that we need to get off.
Interlocking her hand with mine, I lead us off of the platform, and farther into the underground station.

She doesn't exactly squeeze my hand back, but she doesn't let go either, so that's a good sign. I smile happily.
She scowls at me. "Hey, I'm not the one initiating contact, so the blame's on you—"

"Do we turn left or right, lovely?" I squeeze her hand.

She sighs. "... Left."

———

We finally reach our apartment, or rather, the building that contains it.

Get this— we're on the fifth floor.

And this building has to be at least five stories tall, by the looks of it.

Ironically, both of the elevators have broken down, so we have to take the stairs leading up to our apartment.

I laugh out loud, and Luna glances at me questioningly.

"I guess lesbians are too much for elevators to handle."

She holds back her own laughter, and motions for me to catch up with her. "C'mon, let's go."
The stairs ahead of us are so dark, it's difficult for me to see.

I turn back to Luna, batting my eyelashes. "Could you please carry me?"

"Nope." She smiles maliciously.

Sinking to my knees, I place her hand in mine. The devil herself appears with a grin on Luna's face.

"Oh— are you, by chance, begging?"

That damn smirk. I'm not going to let her win yet. I get up adamantly. "No, I'm fine."

"Then why were you on your knees?"

I fire two finger guns at her with a wink and begin my ascent up the stairs.

"WOAH—" My foot slides off of the step ahead of me, and I flail my arms backwards. I still fall though, and bust my ass against concrete for the second time today.

Ouch!

"I-I'm fine," I announce weakly, brushing myself off.

Luna huffs and in a matter of seconds, sweeps me off my feet.

She's... carrying me?

I blush and give her a confused look. "Um, I thought you weren't—"

"I'm only doing this in the name of safety, aight?" She avoids my gaze, her face red.

A gust of cold wind blows past us, my hair and my dress flowing with it. I feel goosebumps form on my legs and I giggle, then nuzzle my head in the curve of Luna's warm neck, comfortable.

"If I miss a step, it's over for the both of us." Her warm hand clutches my thigh in order to lift me up, and I bite my lip in pleasure.

I cling tighter to her and close my eyes, breathing in the vanilla.

"How far up are we?" I ask softly.

"Only two flights of stairs."

She begins to lose grip of me, her hand slipping off of my thigh. "Let me put you down—"

"No!"

Her blue eyes widen as she looks at me, biting her kissable, flushed lips. "...No?"

Suddenly breathless, I take her cheek in my hand, and close my eyes.

"Don't... put me down."

I lean in and place my lips on hers, kissing her, pulling my arms over her shoulders. Mnn... A gasp escapes her lips in surprise, and, thoughtlessly, I run my fingers through her messy black hair, beginning to realize just how badly I'm addicted to the feeling.
Her legs partially give out as I tilt my head, lightly sliding my tongue into this kiss. I hear her moan softly, and... god, I've never heard her like that in my life.

Suddenly, Luna breaks away and places me on the ground. "W-Wait, what are we... doing?"

Her long eyelashes shield her conflicted eyes, and she pulls away further, crossing her arms. She looks upset.

I follow after her. "What's the matter?"

She accelerates, running up the stairs. "Nothing."

"Luna, you can talk to me!"

I call up to her, but she doesn't answer. She reaches the top of the stairs on the fifth floor and turns a corner. I hear the jingling of keys. She must be unlocking the door to our apartment.

I run up the stairs, trailing after her. I can't see her expression, but by the way she hastily unlocked the door, it's probably not good.

She storms in, not even bothering to turn on the lights inside.

I follow her through the door and reach out to her. "Luna..."

The door slams shut, and suddenly, I am backed up against it.

Luna stops before me. Before I could react, both of her hands are on either side of my head, pinning me against the wall. Wha?!
My heartbeat rises and pounds against her.

"Summer, we need to talk."

The growl in her voice scares me— her tone sounds far too ominous. I shove her off of me and run past her, down the hallway.

"So now you're the one running?" She calls after me.

I ignore her and swing open a door randomly— the one at the end of the hallway.

Wherever this door leads—

?!

In an instant, my breath is caught in the back of my throat as I stumble outside, right next to an entire swimming pool.

Wait— what?!

I bend down and dip my finger into the cool water, glowing blue and almost unreal.

"Yes, we have a pool too."

I turn to face Luna, my back to the water.

"It's a private pool," she continues. "I'm rich, after all. I could afford twenty of these."

"That doesn't matter to me." I cross my arms defensively, avoiding her gaze. " I can't swim."

"No one ever taught you to swim, Summer?"

"Didn't need to."

Afraid to look at her expression, I stare at her skin, illuminated by the glow of the water and the highlighted by the darkness of this night.

"What I'm really interested in, is whatever's in that mind of yours." I cast my eyes downward.

"You want to get inside my thoughts?" I hear her laugh sarcastically. "You'd regret it."

I shoot back, "No, I won't."

"Prove it, then." I can sense that she's closer to me than she was before.

I lift my pinky finger, blushing. "Do you wanna make a promise?"

I shut my eyes and hold my pinky in the air.

And then i feel her soft finger coil around mine. That's a promise.

...

I open my eyes, but I still don't make eye contact with her. "Spill."

Luna takes another step towards me.

She begins, "...Do you love me?"

My cheeks heat up. "I-I asked for you to share your thoughts-"

"These are my thoughts, Summer."

Her hand slides into her pocket as she takes yet another step towards me, her scent intriguing.

"I want to know you better, Summer."

She pauses.

As my hair is brushed over my ear, her hot breath hits steady against my neck. My body is frozen in place— heartbeat pulsing.

"I want to explore you."

My breath hitches as she leans in closer to my ear.

"All of you."

She laughs sexily.

With medicine-sweet lips, she drawls, "Alas, you don't feel the same, do you? You contain no desire to touch me..."

She flicks my nipple through my dress and I whimper, going rigid in attempt to bottle up the spark of pleasure that I felt.

" ... So you are able keep your 'hands off', is that right?"

...

Timidly, I softly call out, "Luna, I... love you."

I fumble with the lace of my bra, causing an idea to alight in my mind. I'll prove it to her, alright.

The back of my dress unzips without difficulty, and begins to loosen around my waist.

"Summer? What are you...."

"I'll prove it to you. That I have feelings for you."

I slide the picture I kept in my bra into the pocket of my dress and raise my arms above my head, adrenaline coursing through me as the cold night air hits my skin.

The only thing left that clings to my body is sheer lace, and out of the corner of my eye, Luna twitches her neck nervously.

"T-That's not what I meant, when I said prove it..."

I delicately graze my hand over the bruises, rather, the hickeys, that she had left all over my skin.

"I have feelings for you... I'm telling the truth." My cheeks flush a vivid red color as I whisper, "You may take me."

"Summer, look— this isn't a good idea—"

"Take me," I whisper. "Explore me."

"Summer." Her voice grows urgent. "Look at me, please."

I begin to take off my bra. "Luna—"

She grabs my face with her hands desperately.

"JUST LOOK AT ME!!"

Startled, I stare at her, wide-eyed as she tries to catch her breath.

Eyes that glistened with the galaxy poured into mine, concern swirling around in the midst of it all.

Where did all this this come from?

"Let me be honest... with you." Her finger grazes my lips.

I realize her hand is trembling. She takes a deep breath in.

"I've..."

"I've never fallen in love with anyone this fast! I'm scared, okay? I'm scared, because I have so deeply fallen..."

She stares directly into my soul, her gaze so passionate and remaining exactly as so. I try to look away from her, but she takes one of her hands and cups my face.

" ... for you."

I get it now. The two of us are scared, because... what if we discover that the love we feel isn't true love?

After all....

"Doesn't true love take a lifetime?"

"Look me in the eyes, and let's find out."

  Suddenly, everything surrounding us loses focus, and I am only facing the stars twinkling within her eyes. Love... I sense that my own eyes well with tears, but something won't allow me to look away anymore.
I have the answer.
Her arms were such a soft place for me to land. I take her scent in, snuggling my face in her shirt as she lowers her defenses.

She wraps her arms around me, and the tears that sparkled in my eyes finally welled over, and I could feel a feminine smile creep up her face.

...

It took too long to pull away from the embrace, but one of us finally did.

I looked at the way her lips turned upwards and discovered that she seemed delighted.

It seems as if the storm has passed.... that we've come to a mutual understanding.

She brushes back my hair. "You can kiss me now."

I take a step back, biting my lip flirtatiously. "I don't know, can I?"

"Well, I'm about to."

She leans in, and my heartbeat nearly stops, as if it were my first kiss all over again.

Nervous, I take another step back and—

All of a sudden, I stumble backwards, falling towards the swimming pool.

AH, I'm gonna hit the water!!

"LUNA!!" I scream, gripping onto her arm.

Horrifyingly, this makes Luna lose balance as well, and before I know it, we plummet deep into the water.

Underwater....

I open my eyes, but I don't see anything except the dark aquamarine water around me.

Help me!

I flail my arms drastically, to no prevail. I feel myself sinking... deeper and deeper into icy nothingness.

Help...

The last thing I feel
is the illusion
of her lips on mine.

~~~~~~~~~❦~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: over three thousand words?!... y'all deserved this. (oo)/

(Happy Memorial Day)

the next chapter's also j u i c y, watch out. exciting to write, for sure.

see you when the next one arrives!! ( ˘ ³˘)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 24 25
Enjoy💕
78 12 8
Arranged marriage with CEO of Multinational Company
10.6K 2.2K 34
This is basically about a rich billionaire, who has had a large share of kissing female frogs because of his status.... will he be able to find his p...
82.3K 1.8K 19
𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙜𝙤 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮.