You Have My Heart

By lilasianthatcould8D

More

You Have My Heart
Chapter 1 - Friends For Now?
Chapter 2 - Confession Time
Chapter 3 - Is This A Dream?
Chapter 4 - Online Or Not?
Chapter 5 - The Truth
Chapter 6 - Caleb's POV
Chapter 7 - Why Now?
Chapter 8 - The Talk
Chapter 9 - Rest Of Them
Chapter 10 - Goodbye
Chapter 11 - The Drawing
Chapter 12 - Confusion
Chapter 13 - Questions
Chapter 14 - School
Chapter 15 - The C's
Chapter 16 - Fun
Chapter 18 - Phone Call Went Wrong
Chapter 19 - Heartbroken?
Chapter 20 - Another Door Opens
Chapter 21 - Drama
Chapter 23 - It Happened For a Reason
Chapter 24 - Talking it Out
Chapter 25 - Back to the Good Times

Chapter 22 - Attention

39 1 0
By lilasianthatcould8D

Chapter 22 - Destiny’s POV

“Are you Destiny?” someone asked while poking my shoulder.

I turned around to see a pair of hazel eyes.  Must be Gabe.

“Yes.  What’s up?” I asked.

He turned both directions, as if making sure know one was listening.  Then, he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

“I need advice on this girl,” he started.

A million thoughts ran through my mind.  He’s obviously talking about Sky!  I gave him a huge grin and told him to continue.

“I want her to be my girlfriend, but I also want to take things slow.  You know, rushing it would be bad for our relationship.  The thing is, I don’t know how much she likes me or what she wants from me.  I don’t know what would be the best thing to do for her,” he stated worriedly.

Immediately, I thought of all the things Sky’s gushed about him.  She talks about him more than enough to know she’s totally in love with him.  Which, I’m glad she isn’t the type of person to take things super, ultra slow.

“You’re talking about Sky, right?” I confirmed.  Gabe nodded at me with a blush on his face and eyes sparkling.  What a cute reaction.

“Well, I know you mean a lot to her and she’s liked you for quite awhile now.  I don’t think she’d want to take things too slow, but at the same time, rushing everything wouldn’t be good either.”

“Okay, thank you.  I’ve liked her for so long too!  I’m going to come up with a super rad plan to ask her to be my girlfriend.  By the way, all this is classified information,” he stated, dead serious.

I agreed and bit my lip to stop myself from screaming with joy.  My mission is almost accomplished!

We said our goodbyes and I watched him head to a group of boys.  I turned around and saw Cameron red-faced, and arms crossed at me.

“What was that about?” he glared at me as he gritted his teeth.

What did I do wrong?

“Um, what?  I was just talking to Gabe,” I said, stating the obvious.  I see nothing wrong with what I did!  I was just helping out a friend and my otp.

“Don’t act like you don’t know.  You were talking to that kid!”

Tension was growing in the air and I was too afraid to speak.  Cameron was overreacting big time.

“Well?  Don’t you have an apology for me?” he erupted.

“I-I’m sorry.  I don’t even know what happened or why you’re so upset,” I told him honestly.  Better to apologize right away, right?  He’s probably just jealous of me talking to other guys, which is a good thing I guess.

Cameron’s eyes felt like they pierced through me.  He was glaring at me and got really close up to my face.  “I don’t want you talking to Gabe anymore.  Or any guy.”

I opened my mouth to protest, but he leaned in to give me a peck on the cheek.  What just happened?

Cameron then took my hand and carried my backpack along with his on his back.

“I love you,” he said, eyes glistening.

“You too.”

Seriously, so many conflicting emotions in that one minute.  That’s weird.  I hope he doesn’t have a split personality or anything.

*****************************************************

Classes went by quickly, and it was finally lunch.  Oh great, I can’t even talk to Colin anymore.

I got my food and sat beside Cameron.  He smiled at me and I couldn’t help but smile back.  He’s just so adorable!  I could stare at him forever.

“Picture?” Sky asked, aiming her iPod at us.

“Sure!” I smiled, Cameron wrapping an arm around me.  When we heard the click, she showed us the image.

As soon as I saw it, I grinned widely.  It was perfect!  Definitely going to be my profile picture on Facebook.

“Hey guys!” a cheerful voice said behind us.

I turned around to see the dimpled boy.

“Colin!  What’s going on?” I asked before I could stop myself.  Oh no.

Immediately, Cameron glared at me and I looked away.  Curse my forgetfulness.

Apparently, Colin noticed this exchange of ours.  “Um, I’ll leave you two alone for a sec,” he mumbled, backing away.

Once he disappeared, Cam looked at me fiercely.

“What did I say about talking to other guys?” he spat.

I unconsciously tucked a hair behind my ear.  Afraid to look at him in the eye, I stared at my shoes.  I was close to crying, but I didn’t dare make a scene.

“I forgot!  I’m so sorry!  I mean it,” I replied shakily.  I could feel a countless number of eyes on Cameron and I.  We’re obviously the center of attention at this moment.

“I just don’t know what’s so great about other guys when you have me.  I should be the only guy in your life.  You’re acting like I’m not special enough or something!” he threw his arms up in exasperation.

This is unbelievable.  Cameron’s taking it too far.  There’s no way I’d turn to someone other when I had him!  He actually thinks I’d go for some other guy?

I smacked a hand to my face.  “You’re being ridiculous.”

“I am?  Coming from the one who talks to other guys when she’s in a relationship with someone like me?  If anyone’s being ridiculous, it’s you.”

My hand formed a fist and I swallowed back curse words.  Ugly words won’t help anything.

“Look, I’m sorry for talking to other guys.  Actually,” I said thoughtfully, “I’m not sorry at all.  Why can’t I talk to other people?  You can’t tell me what to do.  I can speak to whoever I want!  You need to stop bossing me around.”  

A moment of silence filled the lunch room as I watched Cameron’s face get angrier and angrier.  I stood proudly for standing up for myself.

“I don’t see why you think you have the ability to communicate with other guys.  You have me, which means you don’t need anyone else.  Stop acting like a spoiled brat who could do whatever she wants!” his voice raising, causing the room to echoe.

This pushed me off the edge.  That was the final straw.

“You know what?  Don’t talk to me.  You’re being all moody and overreacting.  Just talk to me when you’re in a better mood!” I said bitterly.  Then I removed myself off my seat and stomped off.  I had made up my mind that I was going to leave the cafeteria and let out all my feelings to Colin.  He’d be the most understanding and he would actually help me and give me advice.  

My footsteps were the only sounds made in the whole room.  I felt awkward being on the spotlight like that.  It was embarrassing!  I’m not the type of person who likes attention.

Once I reached the door, I placed my hand on its handle.  Suddenly, I heard my name being called faintly from a distance.

“Destiny wait!” Cameron’s voice called after me.  I was about to turn around, then hesitated.  I doubt his mood changed that fast.  He was probably going to continue his lecture.

I flung the door open and ran down the halls as fast as I possibly could.

Cameron kept repeating my name, annoying the heck out of me.  Can’t he see I’m not in the mood to talk to him?

I panted heavily, realizing he was catching up to me.  Urrg jocks.  Maybe I need to workout more.

Suddenly, something tugged me backwards.  Their arms were around my stomach and I couldn’t get out of its grasp.

“Cameron, seriously.  Let go of me!” I cried out.  

“No!  Not until we fix this!” he finalized.  Jeez, why can’t we just wait?

I sighed, knowing it’s pointless to argue.  “Fine.”

He let go of my stomach and I stepped away from him.  We stared each other down, waiting for one to start.  Which definitely wouldn’t be me.

“Why can’t you see I’m the only person you need?” Cameron asked simply.  He slipped his hands into his pockets.

“I just don’t understand why you have to be the only guy I can talk to.  I mean, there’s a lot of other guys in this world.  You’re not the only one of my guy friends,” I said, flashbacks of Caleb, Nathan, and Kyle flashing through my mind from back home.  I instantly frowned.  I miss them so much.  I wonder how Caleb’s doing...

“I’m just afraid they’ll take you!” he grabbed my shoulders.  Already, I felt my face heat up.  Cameron’s scared of losing me?  Whoa.

I didn’t respond.  Instead, I continued to stare into his amazing brown eyes.  He slowly leaned down and we were barely an inch from a kiss.  Suddenly, our lips made contact and all my previous emotions drained from me.

We pulled apart and smiled.

“Let’s just forget this fight ever happened, okay?” I said.  Cameron nodded and I reached for another kiss.

Ahh sorry for not updating in awhile!  I’ve been having a long writer’s block :(  By the way, there shall be more Caleb!  I didn’t forget about him or anything C:

comment/fan/vote :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.8K 2K 22
regular degular highschool love story with a twist 😉
408K 2.5K 20
YUH 🌞
2.5K 107 9
(𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍) 𝙍𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮!!! 𝙊𝘾𝙨!!! 𝙈𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙞!!!
106 26 19
things I wish to say.