LOGAN (Book One)

By authormsdevera

Aphrodite Reid, having a name after a Greek Goddess of beauty and love, doesn't exactly make her one of the "... More

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
EPILOGUE
Book Cover for "LIAM"
Notes to My Readers

TEN

3.2K 153 9
By authormsdevera

The next day I decided to do a little grocery shopping since the snacks at my house are starting to disappear and I don't need to go Sherlock Holmes solving crimes where the salted potato chips crumbs lead to the perpetrator, Ares' room.

I rode the bus and headed straight down to the Asian supermarket and pick out my favorite snacks to gobble on and hide from the muncher at home. I had to hide it good or else his nose would suspect my room for protecting the suspect. I walked through the aisle of varieties of chips, cookies, and candy grabbing my favorites and others that seem interesting to eat. I was looking for my favorite strawberry Pockey and found one last box just waiting for me to catch and to be fed. I outstretched my arm ready to grab; my fingers touched the cardboard when at the same time another set of fingers grasp the other side.

I snapped my head to the owner of those fingers when I found myself staring at those blue eyes. I let a low growl at that person who only looked at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Is there a reason for me to be here," Logan shot back with a bold answer. "I'm like everyone else, grocery shopping."

I want to believe him, but he sounds bullshitting.

"Right."

"What are you doing here?" he repeated the question.

I showed my basket filled with only snacks, "grocery shopping."

Logan eyeball the basket and then lift his eyes back at me with an arched eyebrow. "Those are just snacks."

"We are in a supermarket, and I'm buying stuff, so technically I'm grocery shopping of stuff I wanted to buy," I glanced at the Pocky and snatched it. Gave Logan the tongue and left. Then I felt my arm pulled back before I go check out and glared at him. "What?"

"I believe you took something of mine."

I narrowed my eyes. "Huh?"

His eye gazes down at my basket and when I look at what got his focus on. I snag my arm from his and snap. "Hell no! These are mine. I saw them first."

"My fingers touched it first."

I gasped, and my face heats the mention of fingers, I squeak. "You keep your mouth shut, Wolfe. Someone can hear you." I had my eyes look around to see if anyone other than us heard.

Logan chuckled. "You have a dirty mind, baby girl."

"Don't call me that," I bellowed. "I ain't your baby girl. This Pocky is mine, and I'm going to eat it."

"I drove all the way here to get them, other places like Walmart or Target only has the chocolate flavor ones."

"Then why don't you wait until next week to have them stack up." I twirl my head purposely use my hair to hit Logan's face and sashay down the aisle for check out. Once I paid for all my snacks, I head out, pull the Pocky out and can't wait to take a bite it was suddenly snatched from my hands. "Hey!"

"Thanks for paying," Logan ran from me heads towards his car and before I could stop in front of his car he had already left the parking lot.

I screech and stomp my feet angrily at his childish behavior that he would steal my snacks. I wanted to cry, but I held them back, but instead, I'm going to get my revenge.

Later that night I sneaked to the back and found an opening to the Wolfe's residents as I saw a few white shirts hanging. Looking around to make sure I can't be spotted took one shirt and brought it back inside my room to do a little experiment.

****

"AHH!!!"

I spring up from my bed hearing Logan's voice as a wicked grin is plastered on my face. I jump off my bed running down the stairs towards the kitchen window to see my payback in action. I heard Logan cuss out and I let out a giggle that I decided to go outside quietly and place myself next to the wooden fence. There was a hole on one of the planks I close one eye to look through with the other.

"Dude, what the hell are you yelling so early?" Liam's voice was heard as he came outside to see his troubled twin brother.

"Look at this!" Logan shows his shirt to his brother.

"What the-" the twin brother held up the white shirt that has been redesign in my way; crop top, cut off sleeves with the name painted on in pink "Daddy's Little Girl" and fake flowers I stole from one of the house decors in my house as the finishing touch. Liam burst out laughing. "Oh my fucking god! This is hilarious."

"This is not funny," Logan snatched the shirt to look at it again. I could see the sorrows in his eyes I almost burst a giggle.

"Did you pissed someone off. I mean, it looks personal, bro."

"Why would I pissed someone if I knew who I had pissed," Logan said and looked at his twin. "You didn't do this because that girl Kaitlyn kissed me mistaking me for you?"

"Bro, that was years ago. I already have forgiven you."

I wanted to gag but making any sounds would give away my position.

"Was it Seth? I know he was pretty pissed when what-is-her-face came on to me."

"Dude, it's not about the girls that any of us have been with came on to you afterward," Liam took the shirt and examine it. "I say, this calamity was made hours ago."

"How can you tell?"

"Instincts bro," I watch Liam handed back the shirt. "I say, a certain black-hair beauty made her way to our backyard and stole your shirt then brought it back around the same time so you can witness her design."

I gasp, oh shit! How the hell did Liam know?

Without realizing I made a sound both boys heard me looking at my direction I covered my mouth and tried to get away before they notice I'm here. My foot was caught in the sprinkler, and before I knew it water burst out from the ground spraying me all over, I screamed.

"Effie!" I heard Athena's voice. Seconds later the water decrease and I'm soaked all over. "Are you okay?" She drapes a towel over me, and I heard laughter from the other side of the fence.

"Karma is a bitch ain't she," I see Chester Cat grin on Logan as he and Liam looked at me.

I growl the I shove my sister out of the way going inside the house. I went to the bathroom, showered and came out with fresh dry clothes. I heard Athena calling out my name, and as I head down to the living room there were three Wolfe, the twins are seated, and the eldest is standing with my sister.

"Effie, care to explain this," Athena held out Logan's t-shirt as I sat on the other chair facing Logan who is pissed.

"What happened to it?" I say with an honest response.

"Effie."

I hate that motherly tone of hers. I scowled and stood up. "He stole my Pocky."

"You ruin his shirt over some crackers?"

"They are not just crackers, they are crackers with strawberry flavor cream that I paid for, and this prick took it."

"Logan," this time a fatherly voice came from Rex. "Did you steal Effie's Pocky?"

"Bro, I spotted it first and this..." I lift a brow at him before he could say the word that I knew what he was going to say. "I drove to the Asian market to buy them, and there was only one box left. So, in terms, I should be the one to get them."

"Ha!" I sat back down crossed my legs and arms then huff. "You should be the one who gets it? I don't see your name on it."

"I don't see your name either, so to be fair as the person who saw them first have the right to take it."

"I been craving them was my reason to go to the market and buy them." I glare at Logan. "I bought it with my own money, and you took it before I could even eat them. Do you know how childish you were yesterday?"

"What about my shirt?" He bellow. "Don't you think that was childish? You took my shirt and ruin it."

"It's just a shirt. Like you don't have dozen of them. Anyways, that's was for payback!"

"Alright! Enough," Athena had her voice rose over us before something bad happens. "This argument is over for some snack is childish and stupid. Both of you needs to make amends or else I will have you two outside on your knees with your hands over your head for an hour."

"Do what for an hour?" Liam narrows his brows at one of Athena's type of punishment. Rex was also surprised as well.

"But ate-"

"Ah," she lifts a finger to shut me up. "Want me to make that two and add two buckets of water for each of you?"

I close my mouth not to agitate my older sister.

I hate that she takes our mother's punishment into her own hands. I never tried as a child because I was too young instead for making trouble I get a simple no dessert after dinner policy

"Now both of you say you're sorry." I looked up at Athena with pleading eyes and pouty lips begging her but her dagger eyes shots back at me in demand. I whimper like a puppy and surrender.

This is unpredictable.

Just the other day he was very seductive, demanding, lustful as his fingers were in me and the next he suddenly reverts to being a prick trying to ruin my life as if his presence and living next door wasn't enough. I glare at him and see him staring back at me with the same look. We both shot an electrical wave to determine who can stare the longest.

"Hello?"

I blink my eyes surprise at my sister's demeanor voice which gave Logan the victory for this staring contest. I let out a low snarl at him as he grins.

"I'm sorry," I say in a low voice.

"Effie, speak up."

I bit my lower lip preventing me from venting, close my eyes and inhale. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry I stole your Pocky," Logan said.

I huff, flick my hair back and look the other way as I whisper, "Prick."

"Bitch."

I snapped my head at him as he gave me an innocent expression.

"Okay," Athena clap her hands. "Now that is done how about we all go to a karaoke bar later in the evening in L.A. that a friend of mine requested."

"Why go when we have a karaoke machine in the garage?"

"Remember when you told me while one of your Korean shows they have those karaoke place you wanted to go."

"Yeah?"

"Well, they have one in K-Town and I thought we should try it out." Athena smile.

"Thea, I'm a minor," I implied while looking at her.

"You don't need to worry about that since your with me. Rex and the boys are going. I even asked Jordan to come.

"What about Ares?"

"He said he would think about it because of his date," she said. "Well, what do you say?"

I gave my brain a though looking at the people in my living room. Should I go? Why do we need to go to a karaoke bar when we have the machine just set it up don't bother wasting money to pay by the hour your plan to get. I don't know why Athena would suggest such a place. I don't want to sing where she and others get drunk and cause a ruckus. I glance at Logan who postion himself with a leg over the other, arms rested on the one seated couch armrest as if he a fucking mob boss waiting for my predictment. I don't want to go but if I say no then I will just isolate more from my family than I already am. I need someone more comfortable.

"Can I invite Lily?"

"Sure, but she will need to ask her parents first."

Yes! I was dancing in my seat and heard a snicker and then a clear throat that made me stop to look at the twins. "What's so funny?" I glare at them.

"Nothing," Liam reply first, use his close hand to hide his smirk. "It's just...Its best if you didn't do that in front of us."

"Do what?" I frown, confuse.

"What you just did."

I retraced my steps and got the answer. "Dance? You don't want me to dance? What is wrong with that?"

"I don't mean to offend you or anything," Liam wave his hands, look at his twin looking anxious then return his eyes on me. "I mean, I understand most women don't need to use it for sleeping garment but..."

Still, confusing I glance up at Athena who mouth silent words and gestures her finger in a circle of her chest area.

I let out a gasp, heat traveled from my neck to my ears, and screech like a monkey as I hugged my body and ran to my room to hide my warm face and humiliation I jump on my bed and cover my face on the pillow, screaming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...
14.3K 498 42
Anastasia, a high schooler, starts crushing on the bad boy. The feeling is mutual though. Knowing that he would be a bad influence on her, she never...
2.3M 41.1K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
519K 17K 52
Aphrodite and Athena Kingdom. Taken away from their home at a young age and having to live a life or lies. Aphrodite determined to protect her sist...