The protector

By 8Winter8

My name is Emily, Emily emerald. I may appear normal with my brown hair and dull eyes but deep down inside I... More

Past persent and future
What the hell did i just do!?!
Never
House guests
Do not look under the bed
Is this safe?
Secrets
Murder
Greetings from the darkness
Beauty
Promises
Not a big deal..
My soul
Instincts
Who?
Hearts
Numbness
Alone
Heartbreak
Slugs and hugs
All I need
Morning sunshine
Just an old man
Mabel
Freak show
Colorful Carnival
Emotionless
Cherry wine
Connection
Lion king
Insane
Burning with warmth
Destruction
Starstruck
Father like son
Broken promises

Coffee?

8.6K 169 71
By 8Winter8

(Please do not copy any ideas or thoughts from this book because it all from my own imagination. Thank you!)

CHAPTER 1 !!!!!!!!

My name is Emily, Emily emerald. I might appear normal to the common eye but deep down inside me I have an gift that nobody really knows about. One could say I am special or unique, whatever seems to roll off the tongue a little smoother.

Try to say it with me everyone unique, special. I thought I was those words, but when you live in a world where being different is a horrible crime against all of humanity.

You might want to rethink what you believe and how you came to be because staying alive becomes harder every day.

---------

I stretch my long legs out, after being seated in a tall pine tree for hours with time constantly ticking by, waiting for them to beat it.

A sense of calm washes over me as the green sun shines through the trees.

The little white scar just above my elbow visible as I curl my fingers firmly around the wood on either side of me. Slow soft breath blow out from my parted lips as I try to regain my heartbeat.

The nature around me like a soft cushion as I scan over the tall trees, my hair falls around my face as sweat slides slowly down my cheeks. My stomach crawls angrily as I stay hunched over with my fingers wrapped around the prickly edge of the bark.

They almost caught me this time, don't get me wrong they put up one hell of a fight just to catch an Angel.

An Angel, those make believe humans you hear about in stories with large white wings and beautiful faces. That grant magical gifts to all. Well we exist but with a minor problem we get hunted like animals, men called hustlers like to take us out in body bags and throw us away as trash.

They carry medium sized daggers with a hint of silver at the end, one stab to the heart you are a goner. I have been nicked a few time, but it wasn't anything fatal.

Hustlers hang out in packs almost like wolves but they own knife, they look normal, like human but with a thick leather jacket. They also smell like wolves.

They all remind me of scaly skin snakes, they strike when they feel a little bit threatened.

I spend most of my time wondering around the city and sleeping in the woods. I may be homeless but I don't live with a little felt bag on a stick

The city, a place where dreams are made, my dreams never really get farther than my own mind. My wish will always be to be free and protected against the world but I not really that lucky.

Young and supposedly free, but being an Angel makes life difficult because even if I do mostly live in the city, most of the time I am on the look out for a hustler or someone who might potentially hurt me. Paranoid you may say but I would rather be that than dead.

I might be scared and frightened on the inside but I would never show it on the outside.

I try to act calm and collected but when a sharp object is pointed at your heart that goes straight out the window. My number one rule get the hell out of there.

After a while of uncomfortably crouching I decide that the hustlers must have given up and left because with my amazing hearing I can not seem to hear their heart beats anymore.

I spread my large gold wings out behind me and jump down from the tall oak tree I have been resting on. They catch the breeze from the evening air.

My finger run over the soft bark of the tree, it shifts under my finger, alive but without a heartbeat.

They always seem to almost catch me when I let down my guard, I was walking down the busy street when the hustlers started to walk slowly behind me. Their breathing loud and heavy as my steps started to pick up.

They followed me all the way to the woods where I took a head start and sprinted ahead when we crossed the border between the city and the large clear woods.

Their large black jackets make swishing sounds as their steps become heavy behind me I took turns and leaps trying to escape from their hawk like eyes.

I push my long honey brown hair out of my face and let my wings fade so no one else can see them. My feet slowly slide over the earth as grass springs from the soil.

Us angels can hide our wings so that only others of our kind can see them. It comes in handy when I try to pretend to be as human as possible.

Picking at my long nails I walk through the woods for a little bit before emerging from the tree line to meet the bright and booming city.

The lights like dancers that swish to the beat of the massive world we all live in.

In all my years I never thought I would get this far. I mean like breathing and actually living. I might be in constant fear of the people around me, but I would not want to be any place else.

Sitting on the floor, I bring my knees to my chest and slowly wrap my arms around the top. My chin rests upon the curve between my legs, hair falls around me on both sides.

After watching the sun dip low into the horizon, my legs pick myself from the ground and I wrap my arms around my waist, I turn around to stroll back into the forest to find a comfy tree to sleep in.

While looking around for a tree to sleep on, I reach out with my hand to pick up the most beautiful flower I have ever laid my eyes on. It fully bloomed petals glance at me with happiness.

The cool air bites briskly at my nose as I gaze upon the soft beauty of nature.

The flower has a long light stem with white and pink soft petals. I smile as something that I remember slides into my mind, all the happy moments and memory's I had with my family before it was all taken away from me in one dreadful day.

Frowning for a second at the thought I pull pack a section of my long hair and place the flower behind my ear.

Changing my face into a wide smile I do a few circles feeling the wind rush through my long hair. Skipping over rocks with my bare foot and leaping over rose bushes. My wings flutter.

After finding the perfect tree I extend my wings and glide up into the tree for a good nights sleep.

The wood pressing into my skin as I wrap my fingers around the side, the smell of the fresh air swirling around me makes sleep come quickly.

My arms securely tightened around me, as bitter wind brushes over my exposed skin.

Closing my eyes and dreaming of a better place. Maybe one day I will not be so scared anymore, I will have someone to care and look after me. What a world that would be.

The sun hits me directly in the face as my eyes slowly adjust to the brightness of the morning. The bright blue sky looming above me and fluffy clouds covering my view of the morning.

Getting up in the morning is always a challenge, am I right. With my back hurting and my legs being numb it gets to be quite a challenge to walk.

Jumping down from the oak I land with a graceful thud. Shaking off the dirt from my jeans and reaching into a tree to find my shoes, I start to walk back to the city to get a drink and I might just have to take a few dollars from a random person.

I hope they don't mind.

I am a very good pick pocket, if I say so myself, been doing it since I was thirteen. All it takes it just to fingers and a little word magic.

I've been caught a few times but nothing bad happened maybe just a bunch of a angry old people. 

'Borrowing' the money I need I head down to my favorite little coffee shop down the cities Main Street.

When I pull open the door I inhale the smell of donuts and freshly brewed coffee. I smile and walk up to the counter and order a black coffee and sit down by the window.

The comfy walls with the warm atmosphere brings me to a safe world but it will never last for long. The round table sits under my finger tips as I draw circles with the liquid that has been spilled onto the surface.

People walk by minding their own business, cars zoom past the window as taxis stop for their passengers, the city that never sleeps. The brisk wind ruffles the tops of trees a people wrap their coats tightly around their waists.

"Excuse me is this seat taken." I look up to see a the most gorgeous male I have ever seen, his perfectly squared jaw line so sharp it could cut paper. He smiles nicely in my direction, a warm grin.

I try not to drool over his amazing body. A light chuckles escapes his lips and I snap out of my trance. "Oh no, you can take the chair." A small smile plays on his lips. "I meant can I sit down." A small little scar cuts into his plump lips but does not take anything away from his beauty.

I feel the flame in my cheeks flicker on, red invades my face. "Oh..." I stutter trying to get the words out of my mouth. "...Of course." The same soft chuckle leaves his lips as he sits down, a cup of coffee curled within his fingers.

To be honest I don't have amazing social skills. Not going to school and all, also the fact that I'm not exactly human.

His hands grasping the to-go cup a little tighter, creating a dent in the side, the mug lets steams slowly float from the slit in the lid. The warmth of the whole place as winter slowly begins to slide in through the doors.

A small smile plays on his lips as he watches me drink my coffee. "So you come around these parts often?" I look up from my coffee, his eyes pierce me right down the middle as dark blue in with light. "I actually come here a lot it's a really nice place." His bright ice blue eyes catching my unmoving attention.

A long sleeved shirt covers my arms as I feel the warmth of the liquid as I bring it to my lips. The steam tickles my lips.

His slightly cocky smile gets even wider, showing of his bright white teeth. "Would you like to go for a walk, it a really beautiful day?" He says as he motions his hand and points out the window.

The sun high in the sky even when wind brushes over the streets in icy gusts. My fingers slide around the center of the cup.

I watch him for a second, my eyes wonder over his face, and I reply with a slight nod of my head. My hair hits the table slightly falling in little brown loops.

My feet slap against the ground as we both rise from our comfy seats in the little coffee shop. He carefully opens the door for me as a gust of ice like wind slaps me directly in the face. I smile at him in a silent thank you as we leave the cafe.

As we walk down the streets I just can not seem to take my eyes of his lean figure. His back strong and musclier as he takes his blond hair between his fingers. The stone walls slide by us easily as I trail behind without a car in the world.

He turns a corner and I follow not bothering to looking around. His steps flatten and he turns around with a smile plastered on his face. I take a few steps away from his weird facial expression.

The plastic cup hits the floor as does mine as everything sinks in, I am so stupid.

"I didn't think it was going to be this easy?" He pulls out a small dagger, it glints in the sun. "What a shame. Such a pretty face with such an ugly gift." I stagger back a few steps and look at the knife, why am I so stupid?

He lunges at me with the small blade and I leap to the side. The knife comes in contact with my arm but it is not deep enough to cause any real damage but pain still shoots up my arm at the contact.

His face morphs into rage as his hand tightens around the blade, like a second arm he swings it back around. His lips part with a heavy breath, the scar moves along with his lips. An animal like look covers his face as an feral growl escapes his mouth.

He throws a dagger towards me, it lands sticking out of the wall behind me. My eyes snap to hit with my mouth ajar.

The sizzling of my own flesh makes me want to be sick but I just look past it and jump out of the way once more.

My wings spring to life and I shoot up into the air to meet the sky. Gold reflects off the walls. Birds spring of the ledge of the roof as I come near, their screams fill my ears.

When I land on the top of the nearest building I look down to see if his still standing below. My fingers wrap around the ledge as my hair falls beside me in brown locks.

All I see is a knocked out man with blood running down the side of his face. My own arm slowly being covered in a thing layer of my own blood.

------------•-------------

Thanks for reading

Leave your comments and votes

Go read the girl

The girl

A young girl wakes up in a strangle place and can't remember who she is. With the help of an unlikely friend will she find out who she really is or will she never know her real self.

Please tell me what you think!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 3.8K 74
Wattpad featured!🤍 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 - 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦. 𝘐𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 18+. 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘶...
330K 15.3K 29
Wolf pack laws are strict and always followed, no matter what the circumstance. Within these pack laws contains the most important pack law: If the o...
76 7 11
The life Emerald pictured is finally unraveling before her eyes. The things she has prepared so hard for has finally been accomplished. The faith she...
795 32 8
Revenge Hatred Excerpt "I told you to calm down didn't I?" the voice spoke as it came close, I closed my eyes and prayed to God, I was scared out of...