The 19th Century Vampire (Wat...

Da Imcrazyyouknow

Independent journalists Stella Escott and Ully Harwell visit Freymount in hopes to create a viral blog. There... Altro

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Read this!!!
It's Feedback Time!!!
Wattys 2020 Winner?!

Chapter 12

1.4K 90 1
Da Imcrazyyouknow

Ully started the car's engine, hitting the road on a red light and as fast as he can.  But driving away wouldn't change a thing because the vampire who showed up in the backseat won't leave them alone. 

Ully and Stella were in total distraught. As soon as the wild creature arrived, they don't feel safe and immediately covered in fear. They want to abandon their car and run off somewhere else but that won't change a thing. Susundan pa rin sila nito kahit saan sila magpunta.

On the other hand, Reubert, the vampire, demanded the two to go where Edmond lives, or else he'll kill them to their death if they refused. Madali lang para sa kanya ang ubusin ang mga dugo nito.

"If both of you tricked me, I'm gonna tell you that this will be your last day," he threatened. Stella's body stiffened. Hindi niya na magawang lingunin ang bampira sa backseat. His eyes were creepy. His teeth were terrifying. But Stella wondered how these creatures were able to roam around the broad daylight? And just that, another question listed to her never-ending list.

"We wouldn't do that. We don't wanna die yet," Stella answered. "We'll bring you to Edmond and then you'll let us go, right?"

"Yeah, we can still negotiate that," he smirked. "Just get me there first."

Stella swallowed, trying to hide her fear from the creature. And when she noticed how calm Ully was driving, she nudged him. Ully gave her a confused look.

"What is it?" he mouthed, obviously if they would try whispering ay maririnig pa rin sila ng bampirang ito. Vampires are mythical creatures and they have read about their possible abilities, but never thought of encountering one—three of them.

"How could you possibly do that?!" she mouthed, grunting.

Ully shook his head, shrugging off. "What was it?"

"You are so calm. I can't stand it," she mouthed, taking a deep breath.

"Don't you think I don't see what you guys were doing?" he smirked. "It's annoying so better shut your fucking mouth," he groaned. Stella and Ully startled from being threatened. Reubert could kill them in no time but he needed them so their lives were spared in the meantime. And threatening him, as Alycia ordered him to do so was kind of success. "Aren't we there yet?"

"We're almost there," Stella answered, concealing her fear. Ully noticed that she was scared just based on her tone.

Not that long when they stopped in the street in front of a house. When both of them hopped out of the car, Stella beathe in and let it go slowly while Ully gave her a look that she shouldn't worry about it. They know what they're doing now. They hoped it would be successful.  Reubert roamed his eyes around to checked the premises.

"Where is he?" Reubert questioned.

"This house," Ully pointed to the blue house that was surrounded by purple-like-blue flowers. That house surrounded by blue flowers.

"Are you sure? Or else I'll kill you both now."

"Yes, we are sure. Right, Stels?" Ully glanced at Stella.

Stella immediately nodded and agreed with her friend. "Yes! And we promised not to trick you, right?"

Reubert nodded as if he'd already believed them. When they walked forward to the house, they stopped at the porch. Ully and Stella relaxed and tried to act as if they weren't scared at all. 

A moment later, someone widely opened the door. Elius showed up.

Reubert moved quickly forward to the front door, but then what he didn't expect that he was surrounded by vervain—a painful flower for them. He started to feel his skin burning.

"What have you done?!" he exclaimed, knelt down on the ground, watching his skin slowly burning. "I know I shouldn't have believed you and yet you tricked me!" It was then followed by his painful scream.

Lumingin sila kay Elius at tumango na lamang ito. It was Elius's plan if it has come to a point na gagawin ito ng mga bampira, this is their way to excavate them.

"Come on now, Stels. We need to leave," Ully hurriedly said.

Tumango si Stella kay Ully. This was a plan at ngayon na nagawa na nila ay hindi na pwede nilang ulitin ito. Once they tricked the vampire, it can never be done again. Mabilis silang nakabalik sa sasakyan at agad na ipinatakbo ni Ully hangga't sa makalayo-layo na sila.

Reubert was shouting from pain, he tried to move as fast as he can but the burning skin pained him to escape his misery. Elius looked after the vampire. He walked back inside his house and a quick second, he was holding a glass of water and splash it on the vampire. He shouted until he pushed himself to run away.

Reubert ran off somewhere safe for him. Trying to wear off the dust of the flowers lingered on his skin. It's one of their weaknesses. It has been known to be one of the protections used by Frey people against these creatures.

When Stella and Ully are finally far from the area ay nakahinga silang maluwag nang mapagtantong natakasan nila ang bampirang iyon. At sa huli ay natatawa na lamang si Ully sa plano na kanilang ginawa. Stella's acting skills are on point. She made him believed she was afraid. Pero ang mahalaga ay natakasan nila ang bampirang iyon.

"So, tara na sa public library?" Ully asked.

Stella nodded. "Of course, iyon naman talaga ang punto nang pag-alis natin."

Ully turned to the right street and headed their way back to Freymount Public Library. When they reached the place, they hurriedly came out of the car and run straight to the door pero natigil na lang din sila na sakto sa paglabas ng isang library stuff ay ang pagsara ng pinto nito.

"Wait, wait! Sarado na?" Stella asked.

Hinarap naman sila ng matandang babaeng librarian. "I have to close early. Bumalik na lang kayo bukas."

"Bukas pa?" she winced. "Hindi po ba pwedeng kami na lang ang pumasok sa loob kahit wala kayo?"

"Yes, please," Ully pleaded.

Umiling naman ang librarian sa kanilang dalawa. "The library is now closed. Kung maaga kayo dumating ay hindi ko na kayo haharangin pa, but you're way out of the time, hindi ko na kayo papayagan. Go home and come back tomorrow."

"But we needed something," Stella pleaded, trying to convince the librarian with her paawa face.

Umiling muli sa kanila ang librarian. Ayaw magpatinag. She's already 51 so these millennials shouldn't abuse her. "I'm sorry pero hindi pa rin ako papayag. Uuwi na ako at bumalik na lang kayo bukas. O kaya naman ay ibigay niyo na sa akin ang titulo ng librong hinanap niyo para 'pag dating niyo rito bukas ay nakahanda na."

Nagkatinginan naman ang dalawa bago sabihin sa librarian. At nagkasundo naman sila sa tinginang iyon.

"We need the Freymount History book," Ully answered.

Napapikit at iling pa ang librarian bago tuluyang nakuha ang sinabi ni Ully. She even wiped her glasses and put them back, raising her brow.

"The Freymount History book has been burned into ashes. Wala na kayong mahahanap na kopya noon. Even the people of Freymount wanted to have it but they won't and they can't have a copy anymore. The school libraries don't have them as well. Ano bang kailangan niyo sa librong iyon? Mga dayo lamang kayo rito 'di ba?"

Stella nodded. "Yes ma'am, but we just wanted to learn more about the town kung mababasa namin ang histroy nito." She noticed Ully's reaction and with their eye communication, they both understood each other. "If you have a copy somewhere else, can we borrow it? We won't tell a soul."

Umiling muli ang matanda. "Isa pang ulit ko, wala ng kopya ng librong iyon. Hindi na kayo makakahanap pa. Wala na. Hindi na kinikilala ng Freymount ang mga nangyari noon bagamat nanatili lamang ang mga makasaysayan dahil ang librong iyon ay naglalaman lamang ng mga hindi magandang impormasyo. Pero huwag kayo mag-alala, alam kong maglalabas muli ng panibagong bersyon ng libro na maglalaman ng mga accomplishments ng bayan.  Iyon lamang ang masasabi ko. Kailangan ko ng umalis." Sinundan naman nila ng tingin ang matanda na maglakad palayo sa kanila.

Bumagsak naman ang balikat ang ni Stella. Gano'n din naman si Ully dahil hindi sila makapaniwala na totoo nga ang sinabi ni Elius na wala ng librong nananalagi sa bayan na ito. But they don't believe the fact that it was burned years ago. They wanted to believe that there's still a copy hiding in plain sight. They just need to discover where it was located.

When Stella's heading back to the car, Ully called her back.

"Teka lang! Are we just give up now after we tricked the vampire and got here?" Ully retorted, following Stella to the car.

She didn't mind and jumped inside the car. Sumunod din naman si Ully. Nanatili muna sila sa loob ng sasakyan habang iniisip ang sinabi ng librarian na iyon. They have second thoughts about it. Nagdadalawang isip sila na baka sinabi lamang sa kanila ng librarian iyon para ikadahilan niya at hindi pwedeng malaman na may itinatago pa siyang kopya nito. Gusto man nila sundin ang kanilang naiisip at kung titingnan naman nila sa ibang banda, one cannot just burn everything and left nothing.

Suddenly, Stella and Ully received a message from Elius.

Elius:

Guys? Nasaan na kayo? Reubert just left! He's burning from the vervain, though be careful now, he's gotten mad as ever.

"At least we did something crazy today," Stella mumbled.

"Yes, we did," Ully said, grinning. "But let's give credits to Elius dahil siya naman ang nagbigay ng ideyang iyon. He really knew what's going on in this town at parang bulag ang mga tao sa totoong nangyayari. But then again, we've got another angry vampire on our tail so I guess drink vervain contaminated water."

Stella smirked and put her phone back to her pocket and jumped out the car once again. Ully called her name asked where she was going and what she's gonna do but she didn't answer him. He followed her to the front door of the public library and as expected, Stella took a lot of force to kick the door, but it didn't budge or have done anything.

"We can come back tomorrow, Stels. We'll get in the right way."

Stella grunted, rolling her eyes. "Why does it always have to be like this?"

She stomped her way back to the car. Napakamot na lamang sa ulo si Ully dahil nalilito na siya sa mood ng kaibigan niya. But on their way back to the car, they heard something and so they stopped to listen where does it coming from. When they looked back, they noticed that the public library door was now slightly opened.

"Wait... how did that happen?" Ully asked. "Did somebody just open that for us or is there a ghost here? You know, they could be true as well. Vampires exist."

"Whatever, Ully. It's just funny how I was thinking of opening the door then that happened. I think we should get inside now."

Napakunot-noo si Ully. "Don't you think that was wrong?"

Stella shook her head. "Well, mas mali kung wala tayong gagawin at tutunganga na lang tayo rito. The opened so we should do something when we're still here! Hindi ko hahayaan na maungusan tayong dalawa ng nina Chloei at Keoone. Alama mo naman ang mga 'yon, mga mandurugas din."

Napabuntong-hinga na lang si Ully. "Iknow, Stels... but—" he grunted. " Bahala na nga. Basta gawin na lang natin ng mabilis 'to."

Stella smiled. "That would do. Tara na."

Dali-dali namang pumasok ang dalawa sa loob ng public library. Bumungad naman sa kanila ang dilim ng paligid at ang usual na amoy ng library,  ang mga amoy ng mga pinaglumaang libro. Hindi na naman nila binuksan ang ilaw dahil baka malaman pa na may nakapasok sa loob ng library. Ginamit na lamang nila ang mga ilaw ng phone nila para makita ang kapaligiran.

"Where should I start?" Ully asked.

"Kahit saan, Ully. Just find the book. I'll go with the history section," Stella said. "Then you'll go there."

Ully nodded. "Copy." At mabilis namang umalis si Ully at pumunta na sa mga bookshelves at tinapat ang ilaw sa kanyang phone at hinanap ang libro na kanilang pinunta sa lugar na ito.

Stella rummage through the history section, but she couldn't find the book she was looking for and it's starting to make her frustrated. Hindi naman sumuko ang dalawa sa paghahanap ng libro. Sa kabila ng dilim ay nagtiyaga silang hanapin iyon. Though there are some books connected to the town but it wasn't a direct information of the town as it was just a companion telling lies.

While they were looking for the book they wanted, they heard something over the silence. Mabilis na tinawag ni Ully ang kaibigan niya at sumagot naman kaagad ito. Pinili naman nilang manahimik at kumalma sa kabila ng mga nararamdaman nila.

"What's happening?" Ully asked.

And at that moment, all the books fell on the floor from the bookshelves. Both of them panic as soon as they found out someone has been doing it to them. Mabilis namang nakita ng dalawa ang isa't isa at nagsama ito. Napuno ng kaba ang dibdib ng dalawa at sa hindi inaasahan, isang nakakabinging sigaw na lamang ang nagpatumba sa dalawa.

Stella and Ully passed out while someone showed herself out of the darkness. It's another creature. It's not a vampire, and most likely it wasn't a werewolf. Could be a witch but why was she attacking them? For what causes? And to what extent?

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

11.4M 571K 53
Kallaine Seraphina Verlas is a vampire with a white curse-a curse that every creature feared the most. She already accepted her existence alone, trap...
42.2K 1.3K 32
PUBLISHED BY LIB Available in any Precious Pages Stores and all leading bookstores nationwide. The Life Trilogy #1 The Life Taker (Wattpad Revised Ve...
2.1M 69.7K 62
When saving lives is just one click of a mouse.
12.3K 588 47
The girl who was a creation out of intelligence, of madness, and discovery. The boy who was tasked to guard her secretly. An innocent child. The moth...