Beginning of a New Era

By klaroline-4ever

*Read the Auction first* It's the start of a new era, not only for the Mikaelsons but also for New Orleans. I... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49.
50
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100

51

1.1K 35 10
By klaroline-4ever

"Alright. Let's do this, little witch." Klaus said and hold hands with Davina and Caroline while Liz hold hands with Klaus and Caroline.

Klaus and Liz found themselves in a white hallway.

"Please tell me this didn't go wrong and that this isn't heaven."

"If it was heaven, I wouldn't be here." Klaus said and saw Liz still worried. "This is a place where vampires have all their memories, their most important ones, the deepest ones, but they are plenty. We should separate."

"Alright. Let's start this so I can have my baby back and lecture her about almost giving me a heart attack." Liz said and Klaus nodded and they both went to their separate ways.

***

Klaus opened a door that made him see Caroline talking with Bonnie in a booth at the Grill and he could tell it was when Caroline was human.

"Why didn't he go for me? How come the guys that I want never want me?" Caroline asked drunk.

"I'm not touching that." Bonnie said.

"I'm inappropriate. I always say the wrong thing... And Elena always says the right thing." Caroline said and Bonnie gave her a look. "She doesn't even try and he just picks her. And she's always the one who everyone picks for everything. And I try so hard and... I'm never the one."

It broke Klaus's heart listening to Caroline talking like that. He now noticed that her insecurities about Elena come from when she was human and that maybe it was the reason Caroline felt insecure about Tatia, even if she is dead.

The images vanished and so Klaus went back to go find his Caroline.

***

Klaus opened a door where he saw human Elena and human Caroline in the garden of the Salvatore Boarding.

"You're being ridiculous." Elena said with a smile.

"And insecure and stupid but that doesn't change the fact that Matt's always gonna be in love with you and I'm always going to be the backup." Caroline said upset.

"You're not the backup."

"Yes, I am. I'm Matt's Elena backup. I'm your Bonnie backup."

"What? Now it's about me and Bonnie?"

"You don't get it. Why would you? You're everyone's first choice."

Klaus could only question how someone could ever make his Caroline feel like a second choice. He was now starting to understand her disbelief when Klaus first told her that he fancied her.

Quickly the images faded away and so he went to look in another door.

***

Klaus opened the door to see Caroline and Stefan in a public bathroom and Stefan trying to clean all the blood on Caroline's face.

"She hates me. Bonnie hates me." Caroline said crying.

"No, no, no. She's just in shock." Stefan said.

"And what about Matt?" Caroline cried.

"Shhhh! One thing at a time."

"I'm a murderer. I'm a monster."

Klaus quickly realized Caroline just had turn and he wanted to hold her and tell her that this would be just the start of a new life where she could be whoever she wanted, could have whatever she wanted and go wherever she wanted.

"Listen to me. Your emotions are heightened, right now. It's part of the transformation, it's completely normal." Stefan said and Caroline turned around to not look at the mirror.

"God! Why is this happening to my face?" Caroline asked while she cried.

"Caroline, look at me!" Stefan said, making her look at him. "Look at my face. Look, see? Do you see that?" Stefan asked while showing his vampire face. "When you feel the blood rush, you tell yourself you gonna get through it, that you're strong enough. No matter how good it feels to give yourself into it, you fight it off."

Stefan made Caroline take deep breaths to calm down and it was working.

Klaus usually would be jealous to see someone so affectionate to Caroline but at the moment he was glad that Stefan was there for Caroline to help her go through the big change that it is turning from human to vampire.

"Why did Katherine do this to me?" Caroline asked.

"I don't know. I promise you I won't let anything happen to you." Stefan said and hugged her.

Quickly the picture of them hugging vanished and so Klaus went to look for another place.

***

He was now in the dungeon of the Salvatore's, where was Liz and Damon while Caroline was behind the door listening to them.

"Can you keep Caroline away from me? I don't want to see her." Liz said.

"She's your daughter, Liz." Damon said.

"Not anymore. My daughter is gone." Liz said.

Caroline told Klaus about her relationship with her mother and how hard it was, specially after she turned but seeing it happen made him way more heartbroken.

***

Klaus found Caroline finds in a dungeon.

"Daddy, are you there? Why don't you talk to me? Daddy!" Caroline said and coughs while feeling the vervain being released, then her father appeared.

"I'm sorry this happened to you. I need an answer. How do you walk in the sunlight?" Bill said.

"Just let me go."

"Sweetheart, please. Just tell me, then can get on with it."

"That's all you want to know?"

"That's all I want to know." Bill said and she showed him the ring.

"That's interesting." Bill said and took off her ring.

"What? No, dad, no. What are you doing?" Caroline asked with a weak voice.

"Your ancestors built this place. People figured it was for unruly prisoners at a jailhouse. But I had something else in mind. Vervain in the ventilation system to keep their subject weak, reinforced steel containment chair, and that."

"What are you doing?" Caroline asked as he showed her a blood bag, making her veins show.

"Blood controls you, sweetheart. This is how I'm going to fix you." Bill says and opens the window, making her burn. And doing that multiple times.

"Daddy, please. I can't be fixed." Caroline whispered. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"So I won't have to kill you!" Bill said and opened again the window, making Caroline burn in pain.

The screams eventually stop and the images faded so he left and went to see more doors.

***

After awhile, Klaus found himself opening a door that led to Caroline's room where she was with Damon having sex, something he wasn't enjoying seeing it so he turned around to leave but was stopped by Caroline's scream, making him turn around to see Damon biting her and then forcing himself to her as she yelled and cried out for him to stop.

Klaus stepped over to the images but once he was about to grab Damon to kick his ass, the images vanished, so he took a deep breath and opened the door, to find Caroline all alone in her bedroom.

"Love..."

"Please, Stop! I get it. I'm a sad, insecure, neurotic, control-freak, stupid, dumb little girl who won't ever get anyone's love. Please, just leave me alone." Caroline cried staying seated in her bed.

"Love, it's me."

"No! I don't believe you. This is just another game."

"No, it's not. It's me."

"Why are you here then? I'm sure you felt happy that you got rid of me. I'm just a baby vampire, after all. I can't ever be enough for anyone, much less for you." Caroline cried.

"Caroline, listen to me." Klaus said, holding her by the arms. "You are everything to me. I love you. You are not just a baby vampire. You might be young but you are strong, smart, beautiful, perceptive, funny, brave, caring and full of light. When I met you I had completely forgot who I was behind the monster I act like, but you made me get in contact with my true self, you made me feel love again, you made me believe there was still good in me, that I still had a shot at redemption and that I was someone who could be loved. You are the reason I'm not on killing sprees, you're the reason I smile, you're the reason I'm happy, you're the reason I'm a better man. I cannot say that I'm a man who's worthy of your love but what I can say is that you are worth of everyone's love and caring. You're the most remarkable woman I ever encounter. You deserve the world. I love you and I need you to come back..."

Suddenly everything went black and when Klaus woke up, he saw Caroline and Liz hugging so he decided to leave them alone and if he found Damon he would show what he deserved.

"Nik..." Caroline whispered and ran to his arms so she could hug him tightly, not wanting ever let go.

"I've missed you so much." Klaus whispered, hugging her tightly.

"I'm going to show a book I found to Davina. Let's go!" Liz said, giving a look to Davina, making her leave and quickly Liz left too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 919 11
The unexpected second child of Bella and Edward Cullen, twin of Renesmee Cullen, Venus-Rose Cullen is completely different from her family. Instead o...
16.2K 486 28
You know the Mikaelson's story but you don't know mine. My name is Y/n, twin sister of Tatia we are the original doppelgangers . We look nothing alik...
14K 143 30
[[[UNEDITED]]] Niklaus, the King, My King, My Sire, My Leader, My Lover. All things I call him. Niklaus Mikaelson is the reason I live today, and I a...
42.9K 981 16
Caroline helps Rebekah Mikaelson with keeping Hope safe, but it doesn't take a few months like the witch said it would, four years later Caroline is...