Free-Falling

By achievement_hunter

A British boy has to change his lifestyle when he moves to America to start a new beginning. At first he thin... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61

42

862 39 4
By achievement_hunter

Gavin POV

Go they said.

It'll be fun they said.

Field trip they said.

Lindsey I said.

Of course Michael wasn't in a trance over Lindsey for a good five minutes during Geoff's speech but as soon as it was over he was under the same spell again.

The weekend came quickly, the days passing one by one until Saturday arrived.

6 dudes, Lindsey, Millie, Griffon, and also Barbara. We all took a trip to six flags.

Ray was correct, I had never been to six flags before even back in England I never went out a lot.

But even if I hadn't been there before I could tell it would be pretty toppers with the exception of my Boi and Lindsey.

"If we die I want you guys to know I hate you all. Except Millie and Griffon." Geoff said as we walked into the park as a group.

"Oh you don't know how bad I want us to die." Ryan said silently even though I could hear him.

"I'm with Ryan." Jack said.

"I'm with Millie!" I said smiling.

I looked down at the most adorable girl ever. I held onto her hand even though she was old enough to do as she pleased.

And together we all walked as a group throughout the park.

I had to admit the park was a bit nice, not to mention the number of people here.

"How about.... That one." I said pointing to the tallest ride I could see.

"Uh yeah about that." Barbara said unpleased.

"Oh come on Barbara. Scared of heights?"

"She's very scared indeed." Ray said and Barbara nodded.

"Well in that case."

I grabbed her wrist and took off through crowds of people heading toward one of the taller rides.

I could hear laughing behind me along with Barbara's squeals and I could tell a few people were following me.

"Gavin!" She shrieked as I dragged her to the line.

"Barbara!" I said back.

"Gavin I'm not doing this."

"Yes you are. You're going to go and you're going to enjoy it."

Just then Ray showed up next to us in line huffing and puffing.

He reached down and put his hands on his knees,"Gee Gavin. Do you even lift?"

I laughed,"It was running not lifting."

"But still man." He continued to catch his breath for a while as the line inched closer toward the front.

"So is Barbara not going to chicken out?" Ray asked.

"I'm not going on it." She said turning to leave the line.

"Come on Barbara! It's not that big of a ride!"

I was now smiling and Ray was too but Barbara, she wasn't.

Ray leaned over and started whispering things to Barbara while I leaned back against the railing in line.

"You think?" She said.

Those were the only words I could hear but Ray nodded.

"Okay, Gavin. I'll ride this rollar coaster under one condition."

"Go on."

"You have do to whatever I tell you to do, it's just going to be one thing and you have to do it."

Ray was now giggling by my side as he leaned against the rails also.

"And what is that?" I asked.

"Ummm. I haven't thought of it yet."

"Oh come on. Please, I know you have an idea."

"I guess you have to find out once we get on the ride." She said smiling and crossing her arms.

I raised my hand to stroke a fake beard but I agreed anyway. Barbara is innocent whatever it is she can't be that devious.

She's by all means no Ryan Haywood. At. All.

The line grew shorter in front of us as the sound of a cart moving continued.

One by one, the people in line came and went and we were actually a lot closer to the front now.

"So what happened once I stole Barbara?"

"Well," Ray said,"Millie, Griffon, and Geoff decided to go on a different ride. While Michael and the rest of the guys, oh and Lindsey, all waited. They're out there waiting for us."

"Wait. Did you just say you stole me?" Barbara asked flicking my elbow.

"Well you know. It's my job."

"Actually your job is to play games and edit videos."

"Now now children." Ray said jumping in between Barbara and I.

The last few people in front of us got on the next car and now it was our turn.

As the car turned in, the people all hopped off and the three of us moved into a four person seating arrangement.

"Still scared?" I asked Barbara as we looked at the incline in front of us.

She fiddled with her hands,"I hate you so much Gavin."

"You know you love him. What's not to love." Ray said patting my shoulder.

The instructor checked to make sure we were all locked in and then the car began to move up the massive incline.

"So what's the condition?" I asked practically yelling over the noise.

"Well." She said and I looked over at her and Ray.

"You have to tell Michael how you truly feel." She said also yelling.

"I don't have anything toward him Barbara."

"Yes you do you idiot. It's not hard to see."

I glanced at Ray who was smiling and had a thumbs up.

"It's not like that." I replied.

I looked down and noticed a bearded man along with two dudes and a girl.

Yeah I guess they did wait for us.

Love you too Geoff.

I looked at the curly haired boy who was next to Lindsey as the both watched us.

"It's gonna be fun Barbara, don't worry." Ray said and I began to zone out all the speaking and noise around me.

I watched as Michael started talking to Lindsey and even though they grew smaller as we continued up the incline, I could tell Lindsey was smiling.

And then Michael reached out, and get this, and held her hand.

Then everything slowed. Just like back in the office.

They were actually holding hands.

It couldn't mean much right? Friends? I hold people's hands all the time. Right?

Throughout my thinking we reached the peak of the hill and were now overlooking the massive drop in front of us.

Barbara held onto my arm as Ray started laughing and off we went.

Barbara's screaming, Ray's laughing, the massive drop. It didn't bother me at all.

It all was still in slow motion.

Despite the speed of the coaster, it didn't effect me.

I found myself raising my hands just to make it seem like I was okay, like nothing was bothering me.

Barbara clutched onto me while Ray had his hands in the air.

All of the screaming behind me, the twists and turns in front of me.

It was all just a small matter to me.

The image of Michael and Lindsey was stuck in my head. His face, his hand. Yet her hand.

It couldn't mean anything. Could it?

A quick jerk from a turn and I was brought back into reality.

"BARBARA!" I screamed as she also screamed, yet in my ear.

"GAVIN!"

"RAY!" Ray said and I started laughing.

After that we met up with the group waiting below and somewhere along the way we found Geoff.

And that, well that was that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 214 17
Mavin pairing. Angst. fluff. and the sad's. I always thought that Wheatley reminded me of Gavin so here goes nothing. You can see my designs on tumb...
46.4K 1.2K 36
When Gavin's plane crashes, what will Michael do to make sure his best friend made it out alive?
5.3K 249 24
[COMPLETED] [Sequel to 'Deleted // Mavin'!] Gavin: You're sleeping and you look so cute and I want to kiss you right now. [Message delivered.]
5K 278 53
[COMPLETED] After Michael wakes up from a coma and a long hospital stay, he has trouble picking up what's real and what he dreamed about. He's helpe...