39

Gavin POV

The next day everyone showed up to the office except for Jack and Ryan. They had the day off which was peculiar because they also had the last couple of days off along with the rest of us.

I was kind of hoping Michael would be better today and less upset. Also I was kind of hoping Lindsey wasn't back yet.

Sadly only one of my predictions came true.

I walked into the office and noticed Michael, who was indeed looking better.

But he was only better because Lindsey was here.

She sat across the room on the small couch while he had his chair turned and was smiling at her.

I felt my face go from happy go lucky to a fake smile, but I roughed it out anyway.

"Good morning everybody." Geoff said taking a seat,"I hope you enjoyed your mini vacation."

"A vacation doesn't last one day." Ray said,"And besides, Jack and Ryan have the day off." He finished.

"Well they also didn't go swimming in a fucking lake." Geoff replied.

I laughed,"But you went swimming, is that why you're here today?"

"I'm here today because I'm not leaving a bunch of idiots in the office alone."

"We aren't alone, Lindsey is here." Michael said breaking his stare from Lindsey.

"Well Lindsey is no Ryan or Jack. And I trust them more than any of you."

Even though our "vacation" lasted a day, I enjoyed it. Michael on the other hand didn't seem to enjoy it.

Even now, he's acting like everything never happened. He's acting like it was never real.

Which was fine with me, because I still remembered it all.

"I'm better than any Gavin." Ray said looking at me,"If anything happened I'm sure I could pull a Ryan."

"If you pull anything it's gonna be a muscle Ray."

I found myself laughing alongside Ray but not with Michael.

His gaze traveled back and forth between the conversation in front of him and the only person across the room. Lindsey was editing videos so she didn't even notice his stare.

I looked at Michael and his cheeks were a bit flushed. Not like before though.

At the tent his face was red with anger and now they're more pink like he is blushing.

I rolled my eyes and felt a part of me inside break.

Why was I feeling this way?

That's when I sighed a bit too loud.

We all endured a boring day based off of doing practically anything we chose and I settled on editing a few videos while Ray explored GTA.

He sat next to me for whatever reason but I didn't mind at all.

It was silent a bit until he spoke up. He didn't have to whisper because everyone had headphones on, including me.

I took my headphones off, leaving them dangling on my neck and he did the same.

"What's wrong bud?" He asked.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine Ray."

"No you aren't I've seen the way you act around Michael."

I sighed again quietly and made sure my audio was off on my mic even though I wasn't recording anything.

Ray did the same and I just didn't want any audio to be picked up.

"Was everything Geoff said actually true?" I said quietly.

"About what?" He asked pausing his game.

"When Michael and I shared a tent. Was everything actually true?"

"Yeah," he said. "Why would we lie to you guys."

"I don't know I was just hoping it all wasn't true, ya know?"

He resumed his game and immediately ran into a nearby lamppost.

"You prick." I mumbled and he chuckled.

"Why wouldn't you want everything to be true?" He finally asked.

"I don't know." I said,"I just feel a bit different. I feel like I hadn't shared a tent with Michael."

If I never shared a tent with Michael he wouldn't have been angry and now when I see him he's always quiet toward me.

"You can't regret anything Gavin, the past is gone. And besides, Michael's your best friend."

"Yeah but, I refuse to accept what Geoff said."

"What about you loving Michael?"

I nodded and looked down at my desk.

"Well I'm sure you do love Michael. And Michael loves you, along with everyone else. Everyone here loves you Gavin. Geoff, Ryan, Barbara, even Burnie and myself. No matter what we will always be here for you."

I felt a tear form in my eye but I held it back from falling.

I was silent for a few moments before I finally spoke.

"I've seen the way he looks at Lindsey.."

"Okay and? I've seen the way he looks at you, and me, and everyone else."

"No, I mean. I've seen the way he swoons over Lindsey. Like he's in love Ray."

He yet again paused his game and leaned on the side of his chair to look at me more.

"When you say you guys love me, honestly I love you all the same way."

But right now Ray. I said to myself.

I think I'm in love with Michael Jones.

I didn't speak the last part but I'm sure Ray already knew what I mean't and he started smiling.

"You're jealous Gavin aren't you."

"I am not!" I said a bit loud.

"Shhh." Ray said.

"I am not," I continued a bit softer,"Michael is my friend and he's allowed to have other friends like you and everyone else."

"Just not a lady friend?" He asked smirking.

"It's not- I don't rea- I don't know."

I couldn't spit any words out because I'm not sure if I trust myself with the words "I love Michael Jones".

"It's okay Gavin. Your secret is safe with me." Ray replied before going back to his game.

I'm not sure if I trust myself around Michael or Lindsey.

If I were to mess up, I could ruin everything all at once.

If my brain admits to.. Loving.. Michael, it could screw up my friendship with him.

I don't want that, and I don't want to ruin his chances with Lindsey.

I looked over to glance at Michael and the curly haired boy was eyeing Lindsey before looking back at the screen in front of him.

The words I said to Ray kept repeating in my head.

I don't know.

I don't know Ray, I just don't know.