53

Gavin POV

I tapped on Meg's contact that I recently added to my phone a few days ago.

Initially, I decided to wait and see if she would text me but then almost a week later I realized I never gave her my number.

She gave me hers so I ended up practically ignoring the most amazing girl I've ever met. Way to go Gavin.

I tapped the call button and brought the phone up to my ear.

One ring later she picked up. Which would have taken Michael about 5 and then it would go right to voicemail...

"Hey." I said smiling and leaning on the counter in Dan's kitchen.

I crossed my arms and looked at the floor.

"I thought you'd never call Gavin." A familiar voice said through the other end.

I laughed,"Well you know I'm stupid so I am a bit behind on the days."

She laughed with me and I could tell she was smiling from the other side and I was too.

Dan was a bit skeptical as to why I decided to stay with him for a while and as to why I came back on such short notice.

I didn't explain anything about Michael at all or that fact that I told Geoff I was on vacation. Instead I told him I missed him and couldn't bare to walk a few miles down the road. So he agreed.

And I've been with him ever since.

As of right now he was out at the grocery store getting a couple of items for his small yet decent house. So I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to talk alone.

"Well Meg. How's all of your business trip thingys going?" I asked tapping my foot some more.

"Thingys? You totally made that word up."

"Get used to it." I replied,"I make up words all the time."

"Oh really?" She laughed,"Is that so? Like what? What's in the famous Gavin Free dictionary?"

I sighed and started walking around,"Uh..."

At that moment I couldn't think of anything because all I wanted was to see her again.

Yeah I just met her but I love being around her. She's so much fun to be with and she laughs all the time.

Her laugh is amazing and I just can't put into words how much I like hearing her voice.

"Stumped?" She asked and I nodded forgetting she can't see my face.

"Well sort of. But you never answered my question."

She clicked her tongue and snickered to herself,"Well I'm just about done with everything. I'm on my way to the last place I have to be."

"Oh really? Is that so." I asked.

"It is indeed."

I uncrossed my arms and paced around Dan's empty house, my voice trailing with my movement.

"How long do you think it'll take you to do your business thingys?"

I waited for a response and she immediately replied.

"Not that long actually."

I smiled,"Good because I still need to take you sight seeing."

I placed the phone on speaker as I continued to walk around doing practically nothing. If it came to my head, I did it.

"Literally everything in England is so gorgeous. I don't need to go out and go sight seeing when I can just look outside my hotel."

I laughed,"So you are rejecting me for a window?"