47

Gavin POV

And then it rained...

And rained...

And rained...

I never thought I could see one area acquire this much rain.

Days went by, weeks even. And a small flood began to run throughout Austin. No one knew why it rained so much, it just did.

You couldn't explain it, neither could the weather man. But you know what, I was okay with it.

Days have passed since I first had my little talk with Michael, and thanks to the flood, I haven't had to see him for those said,"few days".

It worked out for me and I'm starting to hope he forgets it all before we go back to the office.

Images of the way Michael's eyes glistened as he yelled at me, came into my head.

Flooding my mind.

Kind of like Austin at the moment.

"Please! Can we go!"

I turned my head toward the little voice in the living room that was followed by Geoff's very distinguishable tone.

"It's not safe Millie."

I felt myself smile at the thought of Millie and I crawled out from under the protection of blankets.

5 layers to be exact.

And I walked out of my now dark room in the direction of the living room where the small debate was going on.

"Please!" Millie said whining to Geoff who looked annoyed.

"Ask Gavin." Geoff said pointing at me and Millie followed his hand in my direction.

Her face lit up with joy as she came running over to me.

"Ask Gavin what?" I asked.

"Millie..." Geoff said pausing to let out a slight sigh,"..she wants to go swimming."

I laughed,"It's raining outside and the streets are flooded Millie."

I was now staring down at the little girl who was very intellectual for her age.

"I know..." She mumbled.

"Which is why she wants to go swimming in the road."

I walked over to the blinds and sure enough the streets were flooded over the curb, pretty far into the grass.

At least a couple feet deep.

"It's not safe to do that Millie." I said looking across the room at her.

She sat on the floor pouting and crossing her arms.

"That's what I said." Geoff replied watching me,"It's raining and there is a heavy downpour. Not to mention the currents of the flowing water into the sewer."

I nodded,"Sorry Millie but I'm gonna have to agree with your dad on this one."

She moaned and started dragging herself on the carpet.

"When is this rain ever going to stop!" She said and I smiled.

But to be honest Millie, I hope it never stops. I didn't want to face Michael. I didn't want to even think of Michael.

But my head has other ideas and I'm forced to think of him otherwise.

I sat down across from Geoff while Millie continued to look out the window.