32

Gavin POV

There's a difference between a friend and a best friend and normally you are closer to a best friend than you are to someone who is just a friend right?

And sometimes someone else comes around and you think they might replace you, and that's exactly how the rest of Michael's birthday went.

"Geoff," Barbra said opening the door slightly. Geoff spun around and replied with a quick yes before he continued,"Burnie requested to see you." She said.

Geoff took off his head phones and pursued out the door leaving the other 5 of us alone in the office.

"I'm in charge!" Ryan said smiling.

"No you are not." said Michael.

"Then in that case I'm in charge."

"Hell. No." Michael now said to me,"You ruined my car let alone my hair. No one is allowing you to be in charge for the next ten minutes."

"He's right." Ray said,"He's gonna have confetti coming out of places that weren't even exposed to the balloons."

"Hey!" I squealed,"I didn't know the balloons had confetti in them!"

"And he's gonna have cake coming out of his nose for a month." Jack said.

Michael just smiled and nodded,"It's true."

Our conversation was soon erupted when Geoff burst through the door,"ALRIGHT MOTHER FUCKERS."

He walked to the middle of our small office as a girl with reddish-orange hair followed behind him.

Immediately everyone stood up except for me. Noticing I was still the only one left I stood up also.

"This is Lindsey, she's joining the crew." Geoff said.

I watched as she introduced herself to everyone including Michael. I noticed he was smiling and his cheeks were a flush shade of pink.

They shook hands and he introduced himself as Michael before he accidentally tripped over a cord. He caught himself before falling and more confetti fell out of his hair onto Lindsey.

"I'm so sorry." He said holding onto her shoulders for support.

I squinted my eyes as she moved on to greet the others.

And then it hit me. Geoff was in the middle of introducing Lindsey to Ray when it hit me.

"Lindsey." I waited for her to turn to me,"Have I met you before?"

She too squinted her eyes and looked at me intently,"Gavin?" She asked.

"WAIT YOU KNOW EACH OTHER." Ray said fully focused on us.

"HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL WE HIRE THAT KNOW EACH OTHER!" Geoff said,"FIRST MICHAEL AND GAVIN NOW LINDSEY AND GAVIN?"

I laughed to myself. It's true not only had I met her at the bakery but also the hotel way back before I moved in with Geoff.

Lindsey explained to everyone how we met at the bakery and the hotel.

"She's going to be editing videos for us so Gavin and the rest of you don't have to help." Geoff said taking a seat at his desk.

I watched Ryan get up and walk to my desk,"Does she get a desk? If so don't get the same one Gavin got."

"Gavin's wasn't cheap he just fucked it up." Jack said.

"Yeah I didn't get a bad desk at all. I'll buy Lindsey one too." Michael said.

"Where is it going to go? We have no more room." I asked.