29

Gavin POV

I peeked out my bedroom door into the hallway right in front of it and looked around. All the lights were off and they should be.

It was going on 3 am and Geoff, Griffon, and Millie were all asleep.

I closed the door and lifted up my mattress.

It was my time to shine and give Michael the best birthday ever. He deserves it.

Grabbing the bags I grabbed my phone and flicked the lightswitch to signal the lights off.

Opening the door I tip toed into the hall and silently down into the living room. Geoff didn't need his car at 3 am did he? Nah.

"I'm just going to borrow these." I whispered a bit loud as I walked over to Geoff's keys on a small table by the front door.

"I'll bring it back nice and safe. Don't worry boss."

I picked up the keys and the only sounds to be heard were the clinking of a key chain along with the crinkling of plastic bags and faint steps.

I slowly opened the front door and stepped outside into the crisp air of Austin. Locking the door behind me I unlocked Geoff's car and hopped behind the wheel.

I turned on the ignition and tossed the bags into the passenger seat.

"Alright phase one of MMBE was in effect." I said no longer whispering seeing I was out of the house.

I entered Michael's address into my phone and drove away from Geoff's house.

If you put a British boy on an American road without a license you might get something like a trail of destruction but I was a good Brit.

I noticed I was traveling with ease going through every green light almost like the gods were encouraging me.

Surprisingly Geoff didn't live far away from the office or Michael and they were fairly close.

I pulled into the area my gps was pointing me when I suddenly had another thought.

"What if Michael isn't home."

Of course he would be home it's 3am what am I thinking?

Nervously I parked next to a small apartment complex where my gps took me.

I looked around and sure enough. The car Michael drove me home in a few days ago was here.

"Thank giddy knobs." I said.

I immediately shook my head while grinning. What did I just say?

Grabbing the bags to my right I opened the door and jumped out onto the sidewalk.

"Phase two of MMBE was in effect."

I put on black sunglasses to match my black jeans and shirt and headed to Michael's car.

How am I going to unlock it you ask? Barbra came by Geoff's house and dropped off a spare key he left at work.

Of course I had to rush her so no one would see but we made it work.

And yeah, I was wearing sunglasses at night and I was wearing full black even though I wasn't a spy and it was still a bit warm out.

I stopped all my thoughts when I approached his locomotive.
Isn't a locomotive a train?
Well I guess Michael owns a train now.

Unlocking the driver side door I hopped in. It was pretty bad that anyone let alone me could get Michael's car this easy.

With my bag in hand I took out the packs of balloons and began blowing them up one by one.