6

Gavin POV

It's been a few days since I arrived in Austin. And I am actually doing okay for a Brit.

I was able to scramble up a hotel room until I find a place to stay.

The hotel room was small and not perfect but it was good enough for me.

And they best part? Gav gets free breakfast in the lobby. I'm all about free.

Gavin Free.

"I'm so stupid,"I laughed to myself as I walked toward the door.

I looked back at the room before I exited and I thought about making the bed.

Nah.

"They have people that can do that."

I shut the door making sure it was locked and I headed for the elevator.

After pressing the button I waited.

My mind began to wander and I found myself thinking about the plane ride here, to Austin.

Michael was a nice guy and I don't know if I should be a little upset or not because I will never see him again.

Texas is big let alone Austin. So there's no way I will ever see him again.

I started tapping my foot and thinking about all the times Michael had laughed at me.

I started laughing to myself and I felt a smile form on my face.

I remember I would always laugh every time he said,"Shut the fuck up Gavin."

I always messed with his food tray and he would get annoyed.

But there was one thing that struck me the most.

Even though our fight departed in the morning, almost everyone on the plane slept.

Except for me and Michael.

Michael though, he was sleepy I could tell.

But he said,"Thank you."

I asked him what he meant and he declined as if he hadn't said anything at all.

Was he thanking me for sitting with him? I mean I sat first and then him but he was forced to sit there.

I looked up from my foot and I watched the elevator door close.

"Damn it. I guess I'll take the stairs."

And so I did.

Walking down each step all the way to the lobby.

"Morning." The receptionist said to me,"How are you today?"

"Toppers." I said.

I walked to the kitchen area and noticed a sign.

"No breakfast on Mondays."

Who has no breakfast on Mondays? Mondays are the day everyone goes back to work from the weekend.

I walked out the hotel not caring that I was in pajamas. Kinda like my plane ride.

I checked my phone for the nearest coffee shop and to my surprise the closest one was almost a mile away.

And I only brought enough money from the room for coffee. I planned on free. I'm Gavin Free that deserves something.

I couldn't afford a cab and I was way too lazy to go back up the stairs.

So I walked.

All the way to the damn coffee shop.

Occasionally I would look down at my feet and watch as the soles of my flip flops went up and then back down.

Before I knew it I was at the coffee shop.

The smell of coffee reminded me a boy with curly hair.

Michael.

But why coffee?

"Shut up." I whispered to myself as I waited in line.

There's no chance of ever seeing Michael again. This is Texas. Texas is huge I mean come on.

He has a job and he has a life of his own he doesn't have time for me.

And why am I thinking about him so much?

I took my money out of my pocket as I waited in line.

I tried not to think about Michael.

"Hi, what can I get ya today?"

"Hrmmm."

I was thinking about Michael too much to even decide what to order.

"Just coffee." I mumbled.

"Alright so this 'Just Coffee', what kind?"

I shook my head,"Whatever you guys sell the most?"

I made the last few words fade off because I really felt like a bother.

"Alright and what size?"

"LARGE." I said a bit too loud,"Sorry it's been a long morning."

The guy laughed,"That's okay and your name?"

"Gavin." I said and I watched as he wrote my name on a cup.

I paid and moved to the side as I waited for someone to make me some coffee.

I started looking around the cafe for a place to sit preferably alone.

Everything was taken.

"Gavin?"

I turned around and put a cup holder on the coffee cup and started walking away.

I held my money in one hand and the cup in the other.

I stood practically in the middle of the cafe looking at every table and mini booth for a place to sit.

"You can sit here if you'd like?"

My eyes wandered to the voice and I was brought upon and guy with tattoos, a pretty sick mustache, and dark hair.

We looked like opposites.

I felt kind of scared.