60

Michael POV

"What was that all about?" I asked Geoff who was now sitting down typing on his phone.

"Nothin." He said.

I watched as Jack took out his phone that was now vibrating and Ryan was already typing away on the small screen in front of him.

"Uh.. Okay."

I reached over to my phone sitting on my desk and checked for any updates but there wasn't any.

I set my phone back down and turned to face to typing men.

"Whatcha..." I said getting up and slowly walking over to Geoff,"Doin..?"

He leaned back in his chair raising his phone so I couldn't see what he was typing.

"Hi Michael." He said.

Other than Geoff's words the room was silent except for the clicking of small keys.

My feet carried me over to Jack who set his phone down on his lap so I couldn't see anything.

"Jack.."

He ignored me so I moved to Ryan who sat there staring at the lit up screen in front of him.

Immediately I sighed and walked back toward the door in search of Ray.

I walked out the door and into the empty halls.

"Ray.." I said, my voice echoing in the ghost town.

I could have sworn people were just walking by like two seconds ago.

Eventually my feet brought me to the very table I was at before and I found Barbara and Ray talking.

"Hi.."

"Oh hi Michael." Ray said scratching his head.

Barbara smiled at me and together we all sat in silence.

After a while I decided to break the said silence.

"So I know I could have waited but I wanted to know why everyone was so concerned with their phones right now?"

"What do you mean?" He asked.

I shrugged,"I don't know. I mean everyone's ignoring me and stuff. So I guess-. Well you had a call right?"

He nodded,"Yeah."

I pointed at Barbara with a confused expression as if asking why he was here then.

"Oh!" Barbara said laughing,"Ray needed a place to talk on the phone in private so he sat here."

"It isn't that private though."

I made more hand gestures to the surrounding environment and it was pretty open.

Everyone was so interested in their texts and calls and yet I wasn't getting anything.

Normally I receive non stop notifications but as of right now I haven't gotten anything.

Which was weird to me.

"Well..." I mumbled,"I'm just. Yeah."

I turned away from the table and I could hear Ray slightly laugh behind me as I walked away.

As I reached the entrance I passed a couple of windows and I stopped in my tracks to double take.

Was that snow? In Texas?

What month was it.

I thought it was fall not winter.

I walked up to the window and sure enough it was snowing outside.