LOGAN (Book One)

By authormsdevera

Aphrodite Reid, having a name after a Greek Goddess of beauty and love, doesn't exactly make her one of the "... More

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
EPILOGUE
Book Cover for "LIAM"
Notes to My Readers

SEVEN

5K 203 16
By authormsdevera

Ugly.

That's what I see.

Standing in front of my mirror wearing the ugliest outfit I ever come up with made me regret to agree with this date. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I have no clothes to wear on one date. Just one simple date and I'm overbearing on what I'm going to wear. Clark texted me that earlier he's taking me out to someplace fancy.

"Dress nice and sexy for me."

"Ugh!" I scratched my hair frustrated I caused the whole house to shake then a loud knock on the door made me jump.

"Effie?" My sister opened my door. "What's wrong? Why are you yelling?" She blinked. "What are you wearing?"

I turned from the mirror and gave her my sad puppy look expression made her worried. "Athena~ help~."

Twenty minutes later I told her everything. Athena sat on my bed, and I sat on the floor looking glum for a first date.

"I see," she rubbed her chin, thinking seriously. "So, you're going on a date with this Clark Mason guy to get Logan jealous?"

"I did not say jealous!" I bellowed. "I only agreed because..."I paused and blushed.

Logan is way out of my league.

"Because...dating a guy like Logan is way out of your league?" I gasped, and she barked a laugh causing me to pout.

"Thea!"

"What? I'm just reading what's on that forehead of yours," she reached down and flicked it. "But seriously, Effie, I'm happy you are dating, and that's good because you would stay cooped up in your room doing nothing. I miss you singing every night to tick me off while I'm studying but it never bothers me."

I frowned.

"Anyways, if you don't like Logan why does it bother you if he's with other girls?"

I opened my mouth only to close them. There was no argument there then I said, "He just pisses me off that's all."

Athena laughed and sighed. "Sweetie, that's how a relationship starts. Well, not for everybody but a few. Like Mom and Dad, for example, you think Dad was Mom's, first love? No, she had relationships before and because of her temperament causes her to avoid all guys that are until she met Dad and they didn't start fresh, but she was having doubts until they got to know each other through arguments and bickering made them understand one another."

"What are you trying to say?"

Athena lean forward and place her hand over my head and pulled on a soft loving smile. "I'm saying is if dating other guys to get your mind off one specific guy who pisses you off much more than anyone then I won't argue with that. Mom and Dad always told us to follow what we believe in and as for me I always believe that one day you will sing for us again." Then without realizing my sister was on the floor on her knees and placed her forehead against mine.

I smiled devouring the warmth and loved my sister gave me.

"Thanks, sis," I whispered. "Oh, can you not say anything to Ares, especially you know who?"

"I promise," Athena said. "But before I keep my mouth shut let's deal with these clothes. You are not going out like that. You look like a clown."

"I feel like one."

"Oh nonsense it's just you don't have nice clothes to wear. Why do you have so many dark outfits? You don't have anything sexy at all. Feels like Narnia and Halloween Town mix together." She says scheming through my closet and throwing each clothes she finds and throw them out.

"Wow, way to hurt your sister with little fashion sense," I said sarcastically. "I'm sorry I ain't Versace."

"Well, you never go shopping with me, and every time I ask you. You always say no."

"That's because every time we go clothes shopping. You made me try on clothes that show less clothing and more of skin. I ain't-a slut, Athena."

"Oh, you don't appreciate your body as more as other people see it. I can see why Logan took an interest in you."

My body jerked, and another blush appeared on my face. "Why are you bringing Logan in this conversation?"

Again.

"Well, I think it's time what he is missing. I'm about to glam you up, girl." Then she mumbled as she looked at a black dress that seems old fashion and threw it on the floor.

"What? I thought I told you not to say anything?!" I bellowed.

"I'm not," she told me, then faces me. "Effie, If you don't like him then don't think about him and focus on your date with the prince of your school."

"I'm not, you're always bringing him up," I snapped with a scowled.

"Oh, did I?" She pastes an innocent look just made me growl at her more. "But you were thinking about him."

"But you said it!"

Sometimes I want to strangle my sister. I know I won't win knowing her reputation but sometimes her teasing just gone too far.

"Relax," she said and placed her hands on her hips looking at the pile of clothes on my bedroom floor. "These are no good. Since we don't have time to shop, I'll let you burrow my clothes."

"But I can't fit them with my cow thighs, and your clothes are too tight I could have my fat flapping as I move."

"True," she admitted, I glared and then she gasped. "Oh! I know the perfect outfit."

It took two hours for me to get ready and Athena helped me throughout the process, she found a dress in the back of her closet. It was spaghetti strap, long peach color dress and once I wore it I never made a complain since it fit perfectly; not to tight and not too slutty. Athena bought the dress for her date with John, her ex-boyfriend for their anniversary but since their break up there was no use of wearing it. She kept it hidden.

Athena then did my makeup and hair, putting it in an elegant updo adding a diamond hairpin to the final touch.

"Oh my, you look beautiful. Just like mom," Athena lean forward as we both at each other in the mirror.

"I do? But you look more like her."

"We are her daughters, so I guess the only thing you have of her was her kindness."

"Then I guess you have her temper?" I grimace.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that you're like my yang to my ying." She played with my hair a bit. "Logan is going to flip."

"Thea, I told you it's not for-"

"Thea, where are you?" We both heard our brother outside my room. "Hey Effie have you seen-" Ares was at my door and stop once saw us. "What is going on? Why is Effie dress up like she's going to a night club?"

"She's not going to a night club. She's going on a date."

"Thea!"

"Date?!" Ares bellowed at the same time I yelled. "With who? Do I know him?"

"No, but he's going to Effie school and would you get out."

"No, I'm not leaving until I see who this guy is taking my baby sister out on a date."

"God, Ares I'm not a kid anymore."

"To me, you are."

I inwardly rolled my eyes and sighed.

Athena groaned. "How come you weren't like this when I started dating Rex?"

"Because I know you will make a guy run away with that King Kong strength of yours. I'm not worried who you date. I mean who wouldn't want a date with a delinquent- AH!"

I'm a blink of an eye Ares was pin to the floor with Athena on top giving him a headlock.

"Who has King Kong strength, little brother?"

"N-no, one," Ares breathe. "You're delicate as a feather."

I shook my head.

Then Athena let go to give Ares air. "I let you know, Ares. Rex is different than most guys I've dated. Don't underestimate him."

"Yeah, sure whatever." Ares cleared his throat still catching his breath. "Overall, you can handle guys unlike Effie here. She's more fragile than you are and if this guy is going break her heart after one date. I'll break him."

"Always solve everything with violence," Athena sighed.

"What? That's you!" Ares bellowed at our sister.

That's when the door bell rang. "It's him."

"Oh goody!" Athena cheerfully claps, excitedly.

"Let me answer the door," Ares said with a serious look on his face as he walked out of my room.

"Come on, Effie lets follow the big head before he does something stupid," my sister had our arms link and stepped out of my room.

As we approached the front door, Ares large frame blocked the doorframe keeping me from seeing Clark.

"So, you must be him," Ares crosses his arms.

"Clark Mason, and you must be Ares Reid, a pleasure to meet you. Heard about your reputation at the school." Hearing my date on the other side of my brother.

"Oh, what else do you know?" My brother seems to amuse by Clark wits.

"Well, I know you get into fights a lot, trouble is in your vocabulary because of your behavior not only that you put a kid in the hospital by breaking his jaw senior year and was about not to graduate."

Ares click his tongue. "Nate Oswald deserve what he did to steal my date at senior prom.

"Which had you suspended but you still snuck in anyways." I found Clark grinning making Ares growled.

"After I learned that bitch was two-timing us."

Oh please, someone stops them before it gets troubled.

"Okay, boys," Athena clapped her hands to grab their attention. "That is enough, Ares you don't want to ruin our little sister's first date."

Both boys look our way, and I felt Clark eyes on me with a full pretty boy smile.

"Wow, Effie, you look amazing," he said as it made me blush. Ares growled again only at Clark. "Shall we go, m'lady?" He outstretched his hand and I took it as he lead me out of my house. Then he was pulled back by the collar.

"Listen you, little twerp," Ares snarled. "If you make my sister cry in any way. I'll beat you up so hard your insides will be out."

I felt Clark body shiver from his hand as my brother threaten him.

"Ares, stop it," I groaned. Then I tug Clark's hand once my brother let him go. "Come on, Clark. Let's go before my brother does kill you."

"It's nice to meet you two," Clark called back.

It wasn't long when our date took us to a nice expensive diner downtown. It was a quiet restaurant with a few people who want to enjoy and soft music from the pianist played as we ate. Between bites, Clark and I talk a few things similar or what we like and dislike, and honestly I was enjoying myself with him. Clark can be a tease, but he's sweet and does live up his title as a Prince at school.

"Well, isn't this a surprise," I heard a female voice as I looked up to see Heather Seely wearing an elegant black gown that fits perfectly around her slim body made me ashamed of mine wearing a dress that kind of loose. "Clark I didn't know your here and with a date. You must be the girl he talked about. I'm Heather, his cousin."

"Yeah, I know. Nice to meet you."

"Heather our table is over there," My body stiffens once I heard that familiar voice as it made it frozen. "Effie?"

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap!

"You know her Logan?"

"No, not really," I felt a pang to my heat when he said that. "But we just have a few classes together."

More like most classes together.

"Well, isn't this a coincidence." Heather sounded cheery that she's having a date with Logan here at the same restaurant.

Is there only one fancy restaurant in town?

"Say, Logan, want to sit with Clark and Effie. I'm sure a double date would be fun."

Is this bitch trying to piss me off?

"Sure, I don't mind," I eyed Clark and glared.

"Super-"

"Actually," I jolt up from my seat. "I'm tired, and I would like to go home."

"But, Effie we just got here and having two more people would be fun."

"Yeah, we can chat and bond. I want to get to know the girl who stole my cousin's heart," Heather elbowed Clark as they laughed.

"I'm sorry, I have other things to do," that's a lie. "Clark take me home."

"Come on, Effie. Don't be a party-pooper." Clark said.

I felt eyes on me as I took a glance at Logan who sat quietly. "Never mind, I'll just call an Uber."

I gathered my purse and jacket and headed out in the cold night. Looking through my phone, I called an Uber. It will take 30 minutes to wait for one as I stand here impatiently.

"Damn it, where is the fucking Uber?" I muttered under my breath.

"Effie."

I groaned. "Leave me alone, Logan."

"I can't."

"Go figure; you never take no for an answer."

"Why are you on a date with Mason?" He asked, and I could tell by the edge of his voice he wasn't too happy.

"Who the fuck are you supposed to be? My dad. My brother. Sorry I already have an overbearing brother, but it's none of your business." I snapped.

"I don't see why you're on a date with him."

"Well, huh, I don't see why you're on a date with his cousin?" I mocked him.

"She asked me out, and I can't say no."

"Wow."

Can't say no and wanted to get laid?

"Plus she did give me head on the roof."

"Ugh!" I growled at him. "Why are you telling me that? I was there you know. Too much information."

"Then answer my question, why Mason?" He demanded, and his bossiness is pissing me off.

"Why can't I date anyone?"

"No."

"Saids who?" I turned and right then Logan was instantly close to me I could smell his cologne and aftershave made my legs wiggle. "You don't own me. I'm not your property. What gives you the right to say no to me when I ain't part of your whore collection."

"Said me, baby girl," his voice huskily and sexy I swallowed hard to how close he is, and I'm having nasty thoughts. That is when he reaches for my cheek and trail his finger along my jawline and tip my chin up to look deep in his eyes. "Baby girl, you don't know what you do to me."

"What do I do to you?" I asked, not even thinking. The words are just coming out.

"A lot of things. Like wearing this sexy dress shows the sexy curves outlining your figure. Makes my fingers twitch to touch every since of your body until you crave for more."

Oh. My. God!

I wanted him to do it. I wanted him to touch me as he describes it. But this whole touching this is getting out of hand and needs to stop.

"Logan, "I walked back and saw his face. "Don't, I'm sorry." A car pulled up behind me and saw knew it's my driver.

"Effie?" Logan called us as I halfway step inside. "Don't go out with a good boy like Clark Mason; he will just break your heart."

"Like you?" I snort. "Yeah, Clark is like you in every way."

"You just need to be careful around him."

"I'm sorry, Logan. Clark isn't that type of guy. He's a gentleman unlike you." Then I went inside the back seat of the car and told the driver my home address and drove off.

I looked back and saw Logan standing there. I leaned back and sighed.

"Rough night?" The male driver asks as he looked at me in the mirror.

I sighed again. "You have no idea."

Monday came and all I ever act today was dull. I did what any other good student do and focus on school. The date with Clark was somewhat a well except meeting Heather and her date with Logan and suggesting to have a double date was ridiculous.

"Hey Effie," Lily came behind me as I closed my locker.

"Hi, Lily."

"Slept late?"

I nodded. "I had to finish Mr. Kim assignment. Man, I hate math."

"Math is easy."

"Easy for you to say. You're taking an AP math class.

Lil laughed. "So, I've heard that you and Clark went on a date?"

I groaned. "Where did you hear that?"

"Well, it's the talk of the school. There were rumors that the prince of the school is going out with Sally."

"Sally?"

"You know, the Nightmare Before Christmas because you know..." she eyed my arm which is covered by wearing the long sleeves.

"I get it," I said and sighed. "The rumors are true. But it was only one date, and I left early."

"What? Really? Why?" Lily asked.

I lean against the locker and again, sighed. "Well, it was going great until Heather showed up with her date, who happens to be Logan Wolfe."

"Yikes," Lily hissed. "Then what happened?"

"Heather claims to be a coincidence, but I say it was on purpose to piss me off by bringing her date at the same restaurant." I groaned. "It was devastating, and I didn't want to have a double date, not with Logan."

"Must be hard on you."

"Yeah, it is. I don't even like Logan, and when he's this close to me, I chest feel fuzzy inside."

"I think I know what your feeling. It's the same with Liam."

"So, did you ever talk to him?" I asked as Lily stood there quietly. "I guess that's a no."

"It's hard. I mean, he's surrounded by girls. I had a hard time talking to him."

"Well, we have the same drama class you can talk to him then."

"I don't know," she muttered then looked down at her shoes.

I dropped my arm around her. "It will be okay."

"Effie," I looked up and see Clark. "Can we talk?"

"I'll see you later," Lily left, leaving me with Clark.

"I got nothing to say to you." I scowled and started walking off when Clark stepped in front of me.

"Effie, please just let me explain."

"Explain? You want to explain why all of a sudden your cousin went to the same restaurant with Logan." I snapped. "Are you trying to piss me fucking off."

"I thought you don't like him."

"I don't!" I heaved and calmed my nerves. "I don't. But, you could have told me she will be going to the same restaurant. There are plenty of others, and they picked the same one."

"I didn't know she will be going to the same place we went. I swear."

"Forget it, I'm tired and I want to go home." I said while rubbing my face. "I had a great time but with Logan being there just ruin things for me. I thought I could get over him and like you but seeing him with Heather just...forget it. Bye Clark."

He didn't say a word and knew right then he was guilty. I walked around him again when he grabbed my wrist, pushed me against the wall caging me inside using his arms as two side walls I could not get out and one way out in front.

I panic.

"Okay, I had enough of this game" his voice became hard and dark.

I stare at him, hugging myself. "What are you doing, let me go?"

He chuckled. "Naive and stupid Aphrodite, do you think to encounter you and asking you out that I was serious about dating you."

"It was one date," I struggled myself but couldn't budge. "You asked me out first."

"Wrong!" he cut me off. "Listen carefully, and listen well because I'm only going to say this once - this was all a joke."

"W-what?" I stammered.

"I'm sick of playing the nice guy," he sighed hard. "Okay, here's the truth. Yes, I tried asking you out, but I was expecting you to date me but that backfired when you rejected me so, I had to make direct measures to force you to go out with me. And it worked."

"What are you saying?" I felt panic and confused at the same time Clark is saying something I didn't want to hear.

"I'm saying that this was all planned," my eyes grew wider, and he grinned pushing himself off the wall and stood there in front of me. "Get it now?"

I didn't want to believe it and always thought that Clark did want to date me but I said no to him and just having to follow me around would change my mind. And with one date would bring us closer, but, hearing that it was just a planned made me wondered why?

"You're wondering why?" I froze as if he read my mind. "I could see on your face. You're like an open book. Why does the prince of the school want to go out with the loser of the school?" he paused. "I'll tell you because this was a favor to my cousin."

Heather?

She planned this.

Heather planned to fuck my life even more by having her cousin do her dirty work. But why include Logan into their games, what did they want from me?

I know who Heather Seely is now before I've been shut from learning what the student names and what they looked like because it didn't matter to me. I was never going to see them after graduation.

What is the point?

"Anyways, she told me that a certain pest is keeping Logan from her and so, she asked me to get him back to her. So I played the guy who you could be close to instead of Logan." he chuckled. "I thought it would never work, but you have a thing for me."

"No, I don't!" I bark at him, and it was a lie. At first yes, but not anymore.

The memories I have with Clark just burned into my brain.

"Whatever you say, now that my cousin got what she wanted and in return I didn't make you like me seems I have failed. But, that is alright. I'm still ending the favor here." Clark let his hands relax as he took a step.

"W-what are you doing?" hugging my bag tight against my chest.

"Doing what I'm supposed to do. Whether you date me or not, I still have to end the bargain here." I pivot my feet beginning to run off when he caught me around my waist, and I fought with him as he dragged me to a closet. "Where do you think you are going?"

Once the door was shut, Clark slammed me to the floor as I fight him off while he tried to lock me within his grasp. My breathing went from quiet to panting gasp. I suck in air like it had suddenly become thick and was no hard to draw in. I grew deaf when Clark to the harsh words as he tries to remove my shorts, and they are much easier to be pulled off than pants. I had wished I wore sweatpants then it would have given a chance to kick him off while I make a clean getaway.

"Hold still, you bitch." he pant, his hand were already at the top hems of my leggings.

I shook my head frantically, as tears ran down my eyes. "No, please," I plead.

I can't believe Clark would have to go this far to assault me in this matter and on school grounds. To think he was the nicest guy and blowing him off would make him understand but that made it the opposite effect and turned things worst.

I open my mouth to scream, but he clamps his hand over my mouth, and lean his face to me. "You say one word, and I will kill you," he whispered.

I whimpered a moan beneath his mouth and nodded.

I didn't want him to hurt me. I should comply and let him do whatever he wants with me.

"That's a good girl," he says, licking his lips. "Now, don't move and this will be all over."

I wanted to be over.

I'm going to be raped by the school idol because his cousin said to do so. Heather wanted me to leave Logan alone because he was hers. All I did was avoided him, and give him hints that I didn't want him around me, but it was Logan who chooses to be around my bubble that leads to a jealous brunette that I have stolen her man.

Clark's body leans in, and I could take a whiff of his cologne through my nose. I hear my shorts were pulled off by one hand while the other held both my wrist above my head.

My heart rate accelerates and had control of my breathing. I clenched my hands into a fist tight praying that this isn't happening. This should be a bad dream, and I need a slap to wake me up. But once I opened my eyes, Clark was still there with lust in his eyes and an evil grin on his face. "Remember, don't make a sound," he told me as I heard a zipper open. He has taken off his pants. I froze. "I'm going to enjoy this. Virgins are the best when they aren't broken."

I sucked in dry air.

Please, someone. Anyone?

Calling out for an SOS in my head was not helping me at all. I was powerless against Clark, and it is nowhere for me to break free from him.

Clark leaned forward and started kissing my neck I cried out nipping at my tender skin. Then with his other free hand cupped my breast. He pushed my shirt up getting a more firm feeling of them. I moaned at his touch, and I hated that my body reacted it. Then he traveled his hand down to her panties and fear rushed through her body. His tongue licked her skin made her spine crawl. I closed my eyes shut praying in my head to call for help. His hands went closer to my sex. Fingers were at the hems of her panties and slowly pulled them down. I whimpered with my mouth closed not to make a sudden sound.

Please! Help me!

The pounding door had Clark, and I startled. "I'm not finished here Heather," He growled out to the person outside the door assuming it was his cousin. Then again the door pound hard and more fierce.

Clark swore under his breath, got off me, as I crawled back hugging my body. He approached the door opening it once he's in front. "Heather, come on let me have some fun-" without finishing his sentence, Clark was sent flying back hitting the shelves next to me. I let out a panic screamed as someone reached for me, pulled me in a broad comfort embrace, I tried to fight whoever hit Clark had me scared only then I smelled his familiar scent made my brain stable and looked up at those alluring sapphire blue eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.3K 49
[Featured on @YARomance, @NA, @Teenfiction, @Contemporarylit] "I feel him lean closer towards me and softly whispers into my ear, 'I just want the be...
69.9K 1.6K 43
Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love and Beauty is forced into an unwanted marriage the very evening she emerges from the sea. While Hephaestus is not terr...
50.3K 3.7K 44
**2ND PLACE IN THE WATTY'S OSCAR AWARDS ** "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE !? " I yelled in her face making her coward back in fear , just how I like them...
8.1K 586 9
When self-made billionaire Gianna Moretti swears by the red sole of her 4-inch Louboutin to never fall in love again, Aphrodite finds it an insult an...