Temptation

By dazzlingxharry

"I feel so tempted to kiss you out of nowhere, I feel so tempted to be by your side every chance I get. It's... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
PLEASE COMMENT
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Important!
chapter 44
Chapter 45
Not an update!
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
.
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Im sorry
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
..
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
CAST
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Hi guys!
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
chapter 85
Chapter 86
✏️
Chapter 87
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Soooo

Chapter 88

1.1K 41 3
By dazzlingxharry

In this chapter the POV will keep changing so you know what they're both doing and thinking! I felt like this would keep the chapter a little but more interesting rather than having half Beth and half Harry. If you guys don't like it this way you can just let me know and I'll keep it like I always do :)

Harry's POV

I watch as she sleeps as a creepy as that fucking sounds. She lays on her back and head faced away from me. It's nearly Nine thirty in the morning and I'm actually surprised that she hasn't awoken yet. I can't believe that whoever that fucking guy was let her try pot and whatever the fuck else. He without a doubt gave it to her hoping she'd get shit faced so he could have his time with her. I would've went after him if she hadn't fallen asleep. The party is practically empt now, cups and chairs lay across the entire lawn as some people lay in the grass. They finally turned the music off at about four and after that it was almost complete silence. I've been awake the entire time, thinking of what I'm going to even say to her when she wakes up. What can I say? That I am sorry? I've said that plenty of times and she doesn't believe me. Even if she doesn't want to be with me anymore I at least want her to forgive me just a little bit, even if we just become friends until she realizes how much I really love her.

She's always been so forgiving for me, she would get mad for about ten minutes but then later come back to me telling me how stupid she was for getting mad in the first place and then she'd forgive me. This time it's different, so different. For months She believes I have lied to her about everything. She doesn't think that I am truly in love with her, she doesn't believe anything that I've said months ago. I don't blame her, not even one bit but I want her to.

I look across at her again, I watch as her chest moves up and down at a slow pace. It hurts to know that this is probably the best sleep she's gotten since this all started and she has the drugs she took to thank for that. she is never one to drink, she got drunk once but I never thought she'd do it again after that. She's drinking away the pain and memories like I used to do.

Her fingers move and I hear a deep breath come from her. She's waking up.

I'm nervous, scared actually. I know that when she turns her head she will be shocked, probably not even remember that I came Last night. I sit up straight and I can see her eyes blink a couple times before she sits up. Her hair is so different, much darker than before but never changing how beautiful she is. She puts the hair that has fallen in front of her face behind her ear and I watch her as she picks the grass off of her legs clearly not acknowledging my existence.

"Stiff?" she sniffles and turns her head to the side. Her eyebrows pull together as she notices me.

What the fuck is a stiff?

I hear her gasp a little and she pulls herself up off of the ground.

"Wait," I stand to my feet and chase after her to stop her from walking away from me. "Please" I beg her.

Her back is faced to me and when the wind blows her sent fills my nostrils. She turns around slowly and looks around me avoiding eye contact.

"Where is he? What did you do to him?" She asks quietly. I look at her confused as she huffs past me, nudging my shoulder hard wishing she'd hurt me.

"He's not here." I call out To her and she stops walking. She stands there with her back faced to me again and I know she is picking at the nail polish painted on her nails. She always does that when she is nervous

"what did you do to him?!" she asks again this time louder and I hear a person groan in annoyance behind a bush.

"nothing! he fucking left when he saw how shit faced you were." i tell her and she pamls her forhead with her small hand. "Why do you even care where he is?" Jealousy washes over me.

"Because he was talking to me most of the night. The only person who didn't force me to tell them how I was feeling about everything that happened. The only person who didn't give me a dirty look at this stupid party!"

"Y..you didn't kiss him or anything did you?" I can't help but ask. She looks at me with an annoyed look.

"What? No! Not that it should concern you. It's none of your business what I do anymore if you haven noticed already."

I stay quiet. Even if we aren't together I still consider it my business. Whether she hates me or not right now she can't just forget everything that we had.

"I should've." She mumbles under her breath loud enough for me to hear.

"Don't say that to me." I say lowly.

"Why are you even here?" She changes the subject, Her voice almost sounds like a whisper loud enough for me to hear.

"Look at me," I walk closer to her without her knowing. She shakes her head. "C'mon, look at me." I grab ahold of her arm to make her turn around. She snatches away from me and turns around herself.

"Stop." Her eyes brim with tears. "Don't touch me, I know what you're doing."

"I am not doing anything, Beth." I try to stay as calm as I could. I watch as she runs her hand up and down her arm to ease the goosebumps that have risen on her delicate skin. She looks up at me, almost embarrassed to except that I still have that affect on her. As selfish as it sounds, I'm glad that I do. "I just want to talk to you."

"well I don't want to talk to you." she bites back. "there is nothing to talk about, everything is cleared up already." she waves her hands in the air as she speaks.

"no, it isn't!" My voice almost comes out as a whine.

"really," she laughs. "okay," she steps closer. "How's this? You hated me for no reason so you decided to make an idiotic plan. You think you had me all figured out like you studied me, you knew that all I wanted was to fit in with everyone. You made that plan up months ahead, making sure everything was perfect. You planned to have someone dare me go upstairs with some guy that I knew nothing of. You knew I would because you knew how desperate I was try to try to fit in. Am i correct?" she shrugs her shoulders and I dont answer her.

"You somehow got up there before I could and you snapped some pictures, waiting in that closet for me to strip for that guy. You kept the photo's in a fucking box along with the camera and a stupid notebook; You kept everything so that when you needed a good laugh you'd go to it and look at what you accomplished. You quoted every word I had to say about that night, writing all of the words i said into that freaking book like you were righting a novel. You tricked me into believing you these past seven months and you Lied to me over and over again. You printed the pictures and plastered them onto the walls at school and you put them online for practically everyone to see." tears are rolling down her cheeks now. I want to correct her for the things that she has mixed up but I cant; I am too consumed in the emotions she is pouring out. "You said you loved me, making me belive every time you said it just so you can get in my pants."

I shake my head at her still not being able to speak. My chest hurts for her and I feel as though the wind has taken my breath away as its hard for me to take a single breath.

"see," she exhales. "there's nothing for you to clear up for me. Everything is perfectly clear for me so save yourself the time and energy." she locks her jaw and tries to hold in more tears that are fighting to escape her eyes.

"some of that is true, yes." I confirm and she looks away as if she wishes it wasn't. "but not all of it." i say slowly and she brings her eyes back to mine.

"it's all true, Harry. You minupilated me and took me for granted everytime you had the chance." Im almost surprised that she is even talking to me right now. I know she doesn't want to but she is forcing herself to. If the tables were turned and if I were her, I would never speak to me again. I wouldn'e even give myself a glinse because that would even be a waste of time.

"I did not take you for granted and you know that."

"I knew nothing, Obviously. But yes, you did." she fights back.

"look," i step closer to her only for her to take a step back. "five minutes, That's all I need. Please Beth im begging you and you know that I don't beg." her eyes move away from me and she focuses on the montains that the Hill overlooks.

she shakes her head. "i can't,"

"you can."

"no, I can't." for a second I think she is playing that little game that we always used to do and I almost feel the corners of my lips tug up but I don't let them.

"why not?" I sound like a little kid who cannot get somethin he wants.

"I promised myself I wouldn't feed into this again. If I.." she stops and takes another deep breath. "You know the effect you have on me. You can just Lie to me all over again and I would probably believe you because thats how it always goes." she crosses her arms over her chest like she is feeling uncomfortable.

"Beth," I move closer to her again but I'm only devastated when she takes more steps back, this time widening her eyes at me as if she is trying to prove her point to me. I don't take my eyes off of hers as I see her force herself to try not to look at me again. "Im not wanting to force you to just come back to me. But I want you to know that some of that stuff isn't true. I am In love with you, I really am."

"stop"

"no," I say she looks up at me with wide eyes again. "No, you can't possibly believe that I don't love you. I would never Lie about that, especially to you. I showed you how much I loved you every single day we spent together and I know you know I would never lie about that."

"I didn't think you'd do any of this to me, what makes you think I'd believe you about loving me? I don't know when you're telling the truth or not anymore and you have no idea of the pain that I feel every day thinking of everything you have told me."

"I know I hurt you but please just sit down and give me five minutes. That's all I need, Please." i beg her for what seems like the hundreth time already. "i am-." i begin,

"dont. stop apoligizing." she looks away again and stands up tall.

"i made a mistake and -" i begin but she cuts me off.

Beth's POV

His choice of words makes my head snap back at him.

"No. No, Harry that wasn't a mistake; that was a choice. A choice that you were willing to take when you had the option to change your mind. I'm the one who made a mistake and that was wanting to be with you and allowing myself to fall in love with you in the first place." I can tell my words have hurt him by the way his eyes scan my face looking for a sign that I wish I hadn't said it. He looks back in my eyes and I want to look away but I can't.

"Do you mean that?" He asks softly, his voice almost sounds like it's gone.

Do I mean it? No, at least I dont think that I do. I mean, If I had a clue that i would be the victim of Harry's plan then of course I would have never given myself the chance to fall in love with him. If I knew about how cruel he was to every person before I even came here then I would have never even wasted any of my breath on him. But I didnt know at the time so therefore, I thought he was a person who cared for others rather than himself. But I dont mean what I said, At first the look on his face gives me some satisfaction but then I remind myself that I am not him. Im not used to hurting people, we are complete opposites. Im the light while he is the darkness, Im the quiet voice that is defeated by his towers of screams. Im not him and never will be.

"Gosh, there you are!" I turn my head to see Amanda almost strugging to come up the small hill. "I have a killer headache." she presses onto her temples and looks back up this time her eyes are directed at Harry. She gives a disaproving look at him and when I turn my head I see him doing the same to her.

"I have to go," I tell Harry and begin to walk away, I turn back around just for a quick moment. "please don't follow me" I add. He makes no promises but I think I see him nod really lightly. My body suddenly feel a chill from me leaving him standing alone. I can feel his eyes burning into me like lazers when I walk to meet Amanda.

she pulls me in front of her to block her view of Harry so he cannot read what she is saying.

"are you okay?" she asks me. "If I knew he would of been here I seriously wouldn't have come. I hope you don't think this is some type of plan.."

"Manda, I dont." I cut her off. I dont blame her for bringing me to this party at all. She was just trying to help me in the best ways she can think of. I didn't think He would even come to this party either but I guess we were both wrong. I watch as she smiles from the name I used to call her when we were best friends, The words feeling strange coming from my mouth.

"I just wanna leave this party." she nods and grabs my hand as she sends another quick dagger at him.

"Wow, He's actually leaving." She smiles and I turn my head slowly to see him walk into the house.

Abby doesn't ask me any questions about why he was here, pobably knowing the answer already. I mentally thank her for not forcing me to talk further about it. Im tired and my head is killing me the same hers is.

"remind me to never take whatever I did lastnight." she laughs as she gets into her car.

"you took something?" My voice doesn't sound too shocked. She was always the one to try new things.

"probably," she laughs. "you were pretty messed up lastnight too" she points out.

"that would explain the headache i'm having right now."i massage my temples one more time before resting my head on the back seat.

"you needed it though," she says as she starts the car and starts driving towards the direction of my house. "I bet it let you forget for a little bit." I give her a small smile and nod even though I don't agree with her thoughts.

I feel silly for having her drive me to my house when it was just right down the street. I know she didn't want the chances of Harry coming back and forcing me to sit down and listen to whatever else he has to "clear up" for me.

"so listen," she stops the car directly in front of my house. "I'm only here for about another week so maybe we can go shopping and I can meet that other friend of yours?"

how does she know about Abby?

"Adam talks about you a lot," she laughs reading my mind. "He really likes you." she rolls her eyes.

"yeah," Im not sure what else to say. "I know," i play with my fingers as I start to feel slightly awkward.

"Just let me know, okay? you have my number," She reminds me. I told her that i've deleted her number during school when we were no longer friends anymore so she put it in my phone when we were at the salon.

I nod and thank her while getting out of the car. The mention of Abby's name makes me realize how much I actually miss talking to her about everything. I know she's been calling and texting me last night but I never bothered to answer. I pull my phone out and I see a text from my mother which is a bit shocking. The message was sent last night at around midnight

*Please come to the house around Ten* I look at the time on my phone and it is exactly Ten.

I see that I have one more message and it is from Jalissa.

*Be there in 2, don't start anything without me!* It reads and im suddenly confused. Before I can text back I hear the clicking of high heels behind me. She waves her purse in the air as a signal to tell me to wait for her.

She is nearly out of breath as she approaches me, "what is this about?" she questions.

"I was hoping you would know," I tell her.

"ugh! this better be important. I literally had to rush home to change clothes and do my hair."

"why?"

"well My boyfriend was being stupid lastnight at this party, He left me alone with some random people for about two hours. Then I couldnt find him and then I see him this morning downing the last bit of vodka on the counter." she cringes. I wonder if she was at the same party that I was. Before I can ask she grabs my hand and takes us both to the stairs. "lets see what the hell this is about" she groans.

"do I look alright? It doesn't look like I was wasted and just woke up does it?" she panicks.

"you look fine," I laugh. she nods and gives me a thank you and when I open the front door I see my mother and Nathan standing In the middle of the family room with there hands tied together as they look at eachtoher with smiles on there faces.

Harry's POV

I'm the one who made a mistake and that was wanting to be with you and allowing myself to fall in love with you in the first place

Her words play through my head like scratchy violins. She told me not to follow her so I don't, I turn around and walk into the house. I don't even know who's fucking house this is. The only information Niall told me was that it was some kid who graduated from college and invited most of the damn place. Cups and puddles of liquid on the floor and I question whether it's alcohol or piss.

"Wouldn't step in that if I were you." I look up at the guy that I was just so excited to see.. "Not really sure what it is."

"Why the fuck would I step in it?" I answer him rudely not really caring.

"I'm guessing you didn't have fun last night." He smirks as he takes another swig of his bottle of vodka. "Here," he passes over a bottle to me.

"It's ten in the morning." I slide it slightly back over to him.

"And?" He rolls his eyes at me and I want nothing more than to slam his head into the refrigerator.

It's quiet and he doesn't say anything after that. I stare down at the counter replaying her words again over and over until I feel the burning in my throat like I'm gunna barf all over the marble counter. I know she doesn't mean it, she can't. She's just scared, she doesn't want to seem pathetic if she admits that she is still in love with me after what I did. I can tell from the look on her face that she was even shocked to tell me that.

"I didn't drug her if you're still thinking that." He still tries to keep conversation. "She grabbed a cup from some guy and just started drinking it,who knows what was in there." He shrugs it off.

"You could've taken it from her, she doesn't drink much and she-"

"Isn't a child." He cuts me off. "If she wants to have fun let her fucking have fun."

"Who the fuck are you!?" I change the subject.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that? You're in my house after all.." He waves his hand across the place.

"You just graduated college?" I asked almost shocked. This guy looks like he belongs in the skater club who gets high every chance he can get.

For a second I think back to when Beth just came to school.

Flashback

"Hey! Watch where the fuck you're going!" My voice is loud at the person I bumped into. Well, bumped into me actually.

I watch as she lifts her head up and her big green eyes meet mine. She blinks a couple of times before lifting herself off of the floor. She stares at me one last time before she turn around without saying anything.

"You know, a sorry would be nice." I say and she turns around.

"I-I'm sorry." She stutters. I spot something around her neck and I want to laugh. Of course.. The diamond around her neck Looking like the size of my thumb just proves that she's exactly the person I assumed her to be.

"Harry! How many times do I have to tell you to stop being rude. Haven you learned from the detention I've given you three times this week?" The dick of a principle practically yells in my ear. I should be telling him that teachers give detention for stupid ass reasons.

My eyes never leave hers as she looks at something else when she realizes she's looking too long. I smile to myself and wait for her to look at me again but instead she turns and heads for the door.

"Bethany-" Principal Dickhead is still fucking speaking too loudly. "Harry will be your tour guide, I hope you like it here at ridgeway."

I blink away my stare at her and look at him like he's crazy. "Fuc-" I begin but immediately stop myself. Maybe showing her around wouldn't be too bad, I can torture her a bit more.

"Thank you' Mr-" she squints her eyes to try to read his name tag.

"Brown." He answers for her and I roll my eyes. she nods and gives him a smile. Her smile is bright, she looks so happy and bea-

"Be nice" he warns me.

"No promises," I say as I lean back against the door to open it. "Dick," I mumble under my breath. I turn my head and she her standing against the wall. I walk over to her slowly and she starts to back away. Instead of walking any closer to her I hold out my hand.

"W-what?" She says softly. She looks down at my hand her eyebrows seemingly knitted together.

"Your schedule. I need to see it so I can show you where you're going." I wave my hand, rushing her to hand it to me. "And do you always stutter?" I noticed she does that a lot. She didn't do it when she was talking to Tiffy at the fair.

"No." She says quickly standing her ground. I give her a small smile knowing she was happy she didn't stutter again.

She clears her throat and it brings my attention back to the schedule she put it my hand. I open up the envelope and read over it. I look up at her and see her looking down at the paper with me.

"We have art together." Her head looks back up at me and I bring the paper down. "And English class." I add.

"Oh. But I'm in advanced English." She points to the paper. I mentally laugh to myself. Of course, she thinks I'm too stupid to be in a class like that. Probably looking at my appearance and have it make up her mind about my intelligence.

"And.." I wave the paper. "You think I'm too stupid to be in advanced English?"

"What? No, no, I didn't mean-" I shake my head and walk away from her, leaving her to be embarrassed. I look behind me and see that she's walking slowly trying to keep her distance as far as possible.

"I love getting that reaction. Masters degree, my friend." My attention turns back to the douche in front of me

I laugh a little. "Not your friend."

"Of course not." He laughs as he chugs the last bit of vodka. "So why aren't you out there talking to her? Is she still sleeping?"

"She left."

"Hm, too bad."

"And why's that?" My tolerance is running low.

"She was fun last night." He shrugs like it's nothing. "I figured that when she woke up she could of had more fun." He walks closer towards me and if he keeps talking this way he's gunna wish he didn't.

"Don't even try it." I warn.

He holds his hands up in surrender. "Calm down," he laughs. "She's not even close to my type."

"Really? You're clean cut, as is she. You went to college and graduated, she'll probably do that soon. You're rich just as she is too."

"I don't want someone like me. Besides, I have a girlfriend." He tosses the bottle into the sink and I'm surprised it hasn't shattered into millions of pieces of glass.

"Good for you."

"She yours?" He asks and for the first time in a while I don't know how to answer.

"Fuck-" someone groans from across the room and I see Niall sitting on the couch with another guy lying on his shoulder. I watch as he quickly pushed the guy off and stands up almost stumbling over. "Jesus, can you guys be any louder?" He complains.

"Is this too loud?!" The guy yells obnoxiously and Niall covers his ears again.

"Fuck you, Stiff." Stiff? When Beth was saying that I didn't actually think it was this fuckers name.

"How do you guys know each other?" I wonder.

"We started talking last night. I congratulated him on graduating." Niall says normally. Of course Niall would go through a whole crowd of people just to find the person the party was for.

Niall says bye to Stiff and I just give him a nod. Even if he was being a bit of a little shit I guess he's alright. He's like one of those people who be dicks just to push your buttons.

"Tell Gully I said thanks for coming!" He calls out to me..did he just say Gully?

"Anyway, how'd it go?" I shake my head and he lets out a sigh. "Well did she say anything?."

I tell him everything. It feels a bit weird to vent to someone since I am always used to keeping my feelings to myself. He doesn't crack a smile or interrupt me the entire time I'm telling him everything and I thank him for that.

"She'll come around." He says but he cant really promise. "She's just hurt right now."

"I know." I say with clenched teeth. I already know that I have hurt her and I don't need people reminding me. "I'm gunna walk home." I tell him.

"What? Why? I can drop you off."

"No, I'm fine." I deny his offer. My house isn't even too far. Only about a twenty minute walk.

"It's going to storm," he says and I look up.

"I'll make it in time just go, seriously I'll be fine." I tell him and he says to call him if I need anything.

"Niall!" I call out to him before he gets in the car. He looks up at me and I smile,

"Thanks, man." I say and he nods returning the smile.

I start walking down the street and think about every single word she said to me again and again and again.

Beth's POV

Jalissa clears her throat to get their attention, their heads snap up and my mother suddenly looks nervous. Her eyes widen when she sees me, probably not expecting me to be here.

I don't see Gloria or Gracie anywhere in the house so I am guessing my mother told them she needed the day for just the "family"

"Hi," my mother walks over towards me. "I'm glad you came." She puts her hands on my shoulders giving me a huge smile. I'm happy to see that she isn't still upset with me but why is she so happy all of a sudden?

Jalissa gives me a strange look as her father keeps looking at her with a strange smile that she always said was weird looking.

"What is going on?" I ask both of them but keeping my eyes mostly at my mother.

"Nathan and I, as you may know, went on a little vacation and came back just this morning." She says. No mother, I guess you forgot to mention that to me.

"And we decided to uh," Nathan looks back at my mother.

"We got married!" My mother flashed her ring at the both of us and my eyes widen.

Married?! Is this some type if alcohol defect? am I hallucinating?

Jalissa rushes over to my mother and gushes at the size of the ring.

"This is beautiful!" She tears up.

I stand shocked as they all have smiles on their faces. I'm not upset I'm just confused. First my mother thinks that I was moving my relationship fast but she's only been dating Nathan for a couple of months. My mouth stays slightly opened and thunder from outside makes me jump causing my stare to release from them.

"Bethany," my mother calls my name. "You aren't upset are you?"

I shake my head and Jalissa comes over to me. "Does.." She whispers to me. "Does this make us sisters or something?" She questions with a little smile. I feel bad when I don't smile back but I can't help when my feet move over to the kitchen.

I open the cabinet and grab a class, filling it with water and chugging it down. I feel like I haven't drank anything in weeks and I feel dizzy all of a sudden.

My mothers heels click towards me and I then my back to her.

"Bethany," her voice is filled with sympathy. "You aren't happy for me?"

Happy for her? Sure, I guess. I mean, it only took her six months to get over my dad and it makes me wonder if she ever loved him at all.

"Mom," I shake my head, my eyes glistening with tears but I won't dare let them fall. "Why now? Why not wait and have a real wedding?"

"We couldn't wait!" She tries to sound upset as she could even though I know she is screaming of happiness on the side. "I promise we will have a real wedding soon to make it feel real, ceremony and all!"

"There's no point."

"Why do I feel like that isn't the only reason you are upset?"

"Well," I don't want to tell her about anything with Harry. This isn't the time and I'm not trying to ruin her happiness. "You hated me for moving too quickly with Harry..this is sort of hypocritical don't you think?"

"I never hated you, I was upset. I am sorry. I tried calling you numbers of times but I couldn't reach you. I've went to the apartment multiple times but Harry would say you were sleeping or just didn't want to talk to me."

"What?"

That's a lie, harry wouldn't do something like that. That's beyond cruel of him having me not speak to my mother and If this is true I will be so pissed-

"I don't blame him for it so don't be angry at him."

"Why should I be? He has no right-"

"I was so rude to him all of the time. It wasn't right and you were right about me judging him by his appearance. I've been talking to Anne and she's been telling me how great he used to do in school. How he got accepted in to NYU for the fall but tore the acceptance letter into pieces, and changed his mind all of a sudden."

My head spins from everything happening all at once. I feel like I can't breath and the house seems to be tilting over. I drop the subject asking if I have already knew about Harry being accepted into a college.

"Congratulations, mom. I am happy for you." I smile. It makes me happy to know that she is. Just because I am miserable doesn't mean she has to be with me. "But, I have to go."

"So soon?"

"Harry and I have to go furniture shopping," I lie.

"There's a hurricane coming. I think it's best to stay indoors." I look outside to see it starting to rain already, droplets of water splash to the ground like bullets.

"Oh, it's online shopping. You don't think I am going to let him pick it out himself do you?" I try to laugh and I'm surprised she smiles along.

"Please text me when you're indoors. I need to know you are safe." She tells me and after I congratulate her again I go over Nathan and Jalissa doing the same giving them all hugs .

"Oh and Bethany!" She calls before I grab the door handle.

"Yes,"

"We are going to have a celebration dinner next Friday. Please come, bring Harry if you'd like." She grabs Nathan's hand and my heart warms for her.

I nod slowly knowing that Harry will not be joining us.

I rush to my car to try to beat the heavy rainfall. By the time I am in the car, my hair is already as drenched as my clothes are.

It's almost hard to see the roads as I drive extra slow. I don't even know where I am going, I just needed air. That room was too thickening with the words my mother spoke floating around me like bubbles.

Harry got accepted into NYU and refuses to go for some type of reason?

The entire time I used to complain to him about my mother not even trying to pick up the phone to call me..he would just pretend he had no clue and then pretend to comfort me?

It seems like no matter how hard I try to think of a reason to forgive him or to see the good, another heart breaking fact is popped right in my face.

The rain falls heavier this time sounding like rocks on the hood of the car. The sky looks dark and I can see the wind starting to pick up.

Even though it is blurry I see a figure walking out in the rain, is this persons crazy? When I get closer I see the familiar hoodie that he always used to wear and when he turns his head I know he notices my car.

As much anger I am holding onto him, how upset I am with what he has done to me all of this time I allow myself to stop the car. He's a little far back but I know that he knows this is my car.

The car door opens and he rushes inside.

"What are you doing driving in this storm? Are you trying to kill yourself?!" Is the first thing he says.

"Says the one walking out in this storm." I say back and he makes a frowning face as to say 'touché'

"Thanks." He says after a minute of silence.

"Why are you walking?" I ask him and his head snaps in my direction surprised that I am making conversation.

"I needed to clear my head." He tells me and I nod. "Why are you driving?"

"I needed to clear my head." I repeat him.

"Beth look, what happened-" he starts and I grip hard onto the steering wheel.

"I'm not talking about this right now." Mixed emotions are happening With me at this moment. If Harry weren't in the car right now I'd scream.

He stays silent the entire way back to his apartment building. When I pull up to the closest parking spot and he grips only the door handle.

"Come in," he nods his head towards the door.

"What? No." I answer quickly.

"Where were you going to go? The storm is picking up and this wind is crazy. You will seriously kill yourself by sitting in the car." He's right. I look outside at the trees swaying back and forth; they look as though they are made of rubber. The rain blurs my vision and the fog doesn't make it any better.

I unbuckle my seat belt and get out of the car with him and we both run into the apartment building. I slip running through the automatic doors and he catches my fall and grabs ahold to my hands.

"Woah, are you alright?" He asks as I feel slightly embarrassed. He still holds onto my hands and I pull them from his roughly.

"I'm fine." I say sternly.

"Come on," he starts walking towards the elevator and I just start to take a seat in the lobby. "Beth, c'mon don't be ridiculous. When the storm clears up you can go."

"I-"

"Don't think about it. Come." He almost begs and I stand from the seat and follow him into the elevator.

( please vote and comment!😘

How are you all feeling about this????? Let me know in the comments below👇)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
1.1M 49.7K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC