Free-Falling

By achievement_hunter

A British boy has to change his lifestyle when he moves to America to start a new beginning. At first he thin... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61

34

946 39 2
By achievement_hunter

Gavin POV

A few weeks have gone by since Lindsey was hired and it's been a rough few weeks.

I wasn't anti social even though I was only quiet for the first few days, but that never changed how I felt toward Lindsey and Michael.

Lindsey didn't have a desk in the small office which made me feel slightly better but she was still in the office 24/7.

She's nice I was just protective over my Micool.

"What if a man gave you 10,000 dollars every month but-"

"No Gavin. No more 'wot if's." Ray said in front of me,"You've gone on and on for hours already."

"But what if-"

"No." He said again chuckling.

Ray, Ryan, Jack and I were the only ones in the office at the time and we were all just messing around.

"I actually want to hear this one." Ryan said rubbing his chin.

"Thank you!"

I felt my chair tip over a bit and I leaned back to level it out.

"I don't think Jack wants to hear this one." Ray said turning on his xbox.

"Nah. I think I do. All of his questions end up being about stupid things." Jack replied.

"THANK YOU!" I said and leaned forward again.

This time my chair tipped over a bit too much and I toppled over myself landing on the floor beneath it.

Laughter broke out around me and I laughed too.

"You're so stupid." Ryan said chuckling to himself with a smirk.

There I lay, with a chair in my face laughing endlessly along with 3 others.

"I was expecting that the entire time." Said Jack.

"Oh my god," Ray said wiping his eyes,"Dude you made me cry."

At that moment Geoff entered the office along with Michael and surprisingly no Lindsey.

I quickly scrambled to my feet and put my chair right side up, sitting down in it immediately.

I heard slight chuckles around me as Geoff paused in the middle of the room.

I looked over to see Michael chuckling a bit too.

Ah. So when Lindsey is gone you pay attention to me.

I pushed the rude thought to the back of my mind and tried to keep a straight face.

"Alright idiots." Geoff said and Michael sat at his desk next to me.

I looked over and he let out a slight smile,"Hey Gav."

I nodded at him and we both turned to Geoff who was still waiting for everyone's attention.

"Alright. Like I was saying-"

"Hi Geoff." I said waving at him.

He paused before continuing,"As you know-"

"How are you Geoff." Ray said also interrupting the mustache man.

Geoff shook his head as Ray giggled.

And then Ryan chimed in,"Where's Lindsey at?" He said.

"God damn it you idiots. I would have explained all of these things if you guys would have shut up." He said mumbling.

The room grew silent as Jack took off his headphones.

"Lindsey as of right now is on vacation. It's not really a vacation but something came up and she had to be gone for a few days." Michael said taking the lead.

I wanted to say,"Of course you would know." But I didn't because it seemed rude.

I wasn't trying to be mean to him he didn't do anything. My emotions were just toying with me.

"And if she's going to take a break I thought we could take a break," Geoff said in the middle of the room.

Everyone mumbled and nodded, focusing our full attention on him.

"And one thing I know I haven't done in a while, and I'm pretty sure you boys haven't done since you were kids is camping. So. I'm taking you idiots camping." He said.

I leaped out of my chair and jumped onto his back.

"GAVIN!" He said unaware of the sudden extra weight.

He quickly adjusted,"Yes?" I said quietly.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"IM GOING CAMPING BITCHES!"

My words caused sudden laughter from Ray and a few chuckles from the rest of the boys.

Geoff was holding papers in his hand as I held on to his shoulders to prevent from falling.

I was now holding on with all my strength even though I was two feet off the ground.

"Yes.." He said,"We know."

And then Michael jumped on to Geoff's other shoulder.

"GOD DAMN IT!" Geoff said dropping his papers.

"IM GOING CAMPING BITCHES!" Michael yelled following my steps.

Ray did the same jumping into Geoff's arms bridal style.

"Hey. Hey Geoff." Ray whispered.

"What the fuck do you want." Geoff said sounding exhausted.

"Guess what... I'm going camping." He said quietly.

That caused Geoff to laugh despite Michael and I on his back.

"Jack. I need you to take care of some of these idiots." Geoff said walking over to Jack's desk.

"I... Think I'll pass." He said in return.

Ryan got up and walked behind both Michael and I and tried to pry me off of Geoff.

"NOOO!" I said trying to hold on.

"Come on Gav. Give up." Ryan said grabbing me from both sides.

I felt my hands slip as he pulled me away from Geoff and held me in his arms.

I looked up at him,"Hi Ryan." I said.

"Hi Gavin."

I poked his chin as he looked down onto me.

"Guess what."

"You are going camping." He replied sticking his jaw out.

"IM GOIMG CAMPING!" I said in his face.

My yelling had no effect on him and he still held onto me,"Well isn't that just cute." He said.

"FREEEEEWOOOODD!" I heard Ray yell and Ryan carried me to the center of the room again.

By then Ray was now being pried away by Jack and Geoff was just standing there with a wild Michael on his back.

"I think I can live like this." Geoff said as Michael put his hands over Geoff's eyes.

"They're like little pests." Jack said pulling Ray's feet as he held on to Geoff's shirt.

"I WILL NEVER LET GO!"

And then I heard someone, I assume Michael, start to hum the titanic music.

"You guys are idiots." Geoff said sounding disgusted. "Millie doesn't even do this."

Ryan still held me as Ray finally gave in and Jack was able to get him off of Geoff.

I tilted my head and looked up at Ryan.

"Yes little Gavy?" He said in a baby voice.

"I'm not five!" I said laughing.

And then I thought about how a few weeks ago I was practically calling myself a kid for being upset over nothing.

"You boys are like kids except for Ryan and Jack. I can't believe I agreed to make a freaking camping trip for you idiots."

Michael was now stroking Geoff's mustache from behind him and was also rubbing Geoff's face.

"We leave tomorrow so be ready. And will someone bite this kid?"Referring to Michael, and everyone laughed.

It was a Lindsey free weekend and maybe it won't be so bad after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.4K 1.5K 25
On the night of Michael's birthday, all he wanted to do was have a few drinks, party a little, then go home and sleep. Sleep alone, to be exact. Too...
377 13 6
Gavin loves Michael and Michael loves Gavin but Gavin also loves Meg and Michael kinda likes Lindsay but it all ends up alright in the end. It's basi...
169K 2.7K 62
Jane Downing's past few years at home have been terrible. All she wants is a fresh start somewhere new. When her dad gets her a job at a company call...
2.3K 49 10
After moving to Austin, Lorelle ends up getting her dream job at the production company called Rooster Teeth. There's a small problem. Joel Heyman AN...