Free-Falling

By achievement_hunter

A British boy has to change his lifestyle when he moves to America to start a new beginning. At first he thin... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61

32

1K 41 8
By achievement_hunter

Gavin POV

There's a difference between a friend and a best friend and normally you are closer to a best friend than you are to someone who is just a friend right?

And sometimes someone else comes around and you think they might replace you, and that's exactly how the rest of Michael's birthday went.

"Geoff," Barbra said opening the door slightly. Geoff spun around and replied with a quick yes before he continued,"Burnie requested to see you." She said.

Geoff took off his head phones and pursued out the door leaving the other 5 of us alone in the office.

"I'm in charge!" Ryan said smiling.

"No you are not." said Michael.

"Then in that case I'm in charge."

"Hell. No." Michael now said to me,"You ruined my car let alone my hair. No one is allowing you to be in charge for the next ten minutes."

"He's right." Ray said,"He's gonna have confetti coming out of places that weren't even exposed to the balloons."

"Hey!" I squealed,"I didn't know the balloons had confetti in them!"

"And he's gonna have cake coming out of his nose for a month." Jack said.

Michael just smiled and nodded,"It's true."

Our conversation was soon erupted when Geoff burst through the door,"ALRIGHT MOTHER FUCKERS."

He walked to the middle of our small office as a girl with reddish-orange hair followed behind him.

Immediately everyone stood up except for me. Noticing I was still the only one left I stood up also.

"This is Lindsey, she's joining the crew." Geoff said.

I watched as she introduced herself to everyone including Michael. I noticed he was smiling and his cheeks were a flush shade of pink.

They shook hands and he introduced himself as Michael before he accidentally tripped over a cord. He caught himself before falling and more confetti fell out of his hair onto Lindsey.

"I'm so sorry." He said holding onto her shoulders for support.

I squinted my eyes as she moved on to greet the others.

And then it hit me. Geoff was in the middle of introducing Lindsey to Ray when it hit me.

"Lindsey." I waited for her to turn to me,"Have I met you before?"

She too squinted her eyes and looked at me intently,"Gavin?" She asked.

"WAIT YOU KNOW EACH OTHER." Ray said fully focused on us.

"HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL WE HIRE THAT KNOW EACH OTHER!" Geoff said,"FIRST MICHAEL AND GAVIN NOW LINDSEY AND GAVIN?"

I laughed to myself. It's true not only had I met her at the bakery but also the hotel way back before I moved in with Geoff.

Lindsey explained to everyone how we met at the bakery and the hotel.

"She's going to be editing videos for us so Gavin and the rest of you don't have to help." Geoff said taking a seat at his desk.

I watched Ryan get up and walk to my desk,"Does she get a desk? If so don't get the same one Gavin got."

"Gavin's wasn't cheap he just fucked it up." Jack said.

"Yeah I didn't get a bad desk at all. I'll buy Lindsey one too." Michael said.

"Where is it going to go? We have no more room." I asked.

"I can make room." Michael said.

"No it's fine we can figure something out." Geoff said.

And sure enough we would. But not today, it was already late in the day to begin with.

I was about to walk over to Michael and ask if he wanted to play Surgeon Simulator again but I stopped.

I watched as Geoff pulled up a chair for Lindsey right next to Michael.

"Wanna play Surgeon Simulator?" He asked and she agreed.

Everything seemed to slow for at that exact moment. I sat back down in my chair and loaded my xbox.

I wasn't quite sure what to play or to even do I just didn't feel right. Like something was wrong. I sat there scrolling back and forth slowly between games.

Everyone around me seemed to laugh and giggled just as if Lindsey had been here for just as much time as I had.

Why was I acting this way? To be honest I'm not sure. Yeah I just got a job here but she did too. I just don't know.

I continued to click through game after game while I had Michael's adorable laugh practically in my ear.

I decided to turn off my xbox and just check Twitter.

Scrolling through all of the tweets, majority of them were about Michael and I.

Half of them were something along the lines of me being a pure genius and I guess someone here tweeted about what I had done to Michael.

The other half were something along the lines of team Mavin.

I tapped safari on my phone and loaded tumbler. I searched Mavin and it was a ship for Michael and I.

Most of the posts talked about shipping but I didn't care. This only made me more upset.

Not only was I being pushed away from Michael, but people shipped it even though he was gooey with Lindsey.

I pushed the thought of Mavin into the back of my mind and decided to text Dan.

To: B
From: Meeeeee
Hey B, I just wanted to say I love and miss you. We may be miles apart but I still think about you. I can't wait to visit soon :-)

I typed the smiley face even though I wasn't smiling. Everyone behind me seemed to be smiling through all the laughter I could hear.

It took Dan roughly a few minutes but he replied.

To: Meeeeee
From: B
HI GAVY! I LOVE YOU TOO I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN PLEASE COME HOME SOON!

Now this. This made me smile. Aside from Lindsey, this made me smile.

I continued to be a bit anti social for the rest of the evening and I worked my silence up until it was time to leave.

I grabbed my phone which was pretty much the only thing I bring with me and I walked out of the office into the main lobby where I found Barbara.

"Why is it I always find you here?" I asked her.

"Well you know."

Here we go again...

"Oh you know about that?"

"About what?" The blonde asked flipping her hair.

"Nothing, never mind."

I turned to walk back to see where Geoff was before she stopped me.

"Oh by the way, how did the prank slash gift go?" She asked.

I shrugged,"It went well."

She shook her head,"What's wrong Gavin?"

"What do you mean?" I asked running a hand through my hair.

"Don't act more stupid than you already are. I can tell when you are upset."

I sat down on the tile floor waiting for Geoff and looked up at her.

"Well. You know." I said as she sighed which made me giggle.

"It's just I feel a bit empty." I finished.

"Because of Lindsey? She isn't bad." She said taking a seat on the cold tile in front of me.

"Yeah but she's close to Michael already."

"What are you saying?" She smiled,"Are you jealous of Lindsey?"

I shook my head.

Could I really be jealous of Lindsey? I'm close to Michael and she is too. But that doesn't make me jealous?

"Then what does it mean if you feel this way?" She said tapping the ground.

"I don't know but I just feel empty. And a bit sad. It's like I'm lost."

"It's okay Gavin. Lindsey has been here for one day."

I shrugged again,"Yeah but what about tomorrow and the next day and the one after that? They're going to be close and I'm going to have to watch them giggle and laugh all day for the rest of my time here."

I watched as she huffed out a sigh and stood up. She put out a hand for me to take and I did.

"It's okay Gavin. You'll see. Your best friend will be here for you."

I sighed and let out a fake smile to hide my empty feeling.

She hugged me and I did the only thing I could do I hugged her back.

I told myself this was stupid and I was acting like a five year old but that didn't matter because all I knew was my best friend was going to free away from me pretty soon.

And I was going to have to deal with it.

I continued to hug Barbara even though it should have lasted no more than five seconds.

I let go and instantly Michael and Lindsey both came out of the office smiling and laughing together.

Once they both walked out the building for the night I hugged Barbara again, this time letting one small tear fall from my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 455 26
Another reader insert Ryan Haywood fanfic.
7.8K 383 16
Gavin is finally on his way back from a long stay in England, when his plane crashes. The rest of the guys set out to find him, but will they be in t...
2.2K 112 5
Michael Jones decides to get out of the house for a change by going to an overnight horror camp, where he meets four potential new friends. Geoff, Ry...
127K 2.9K 23
Michael never thought he would actually miss Gavin, but the Rooster Teeth office seemed so much quieter without his British best friend. Will his lon...