My Husband's A Wife

By OurInnocentSin

About the arranged marriage to a billionaire's "son". More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35 1/2
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 22

33.7K 1.4K 304
By OurInnocentSin

Pic Above: ??? *wink wonk* (Irl: @behwah)

I trip and scrape the skin off my knees as I skid across the road.

I scream in frustration and pain.

I'm so stupid. What was I thinking, running away like this?

Seriously, this dumb fuck right here decided she's gonna travel through an entire state on foot overnight.

My clothes are torn and soiled, knees a bloody mess.

It's dark outside, so I couldn't see anything even if I brushed my matted hair out of my face.

Luna...

I give up and lie down in the middle of the road.

I hire the sound of tires approaching, but I don't care anymore.

Headlights shine through my closed eyes, but I'm not opening them.

SCREECH !

Pieces of rubble hit my face and I squeeze my eyes shut.

I hear the slamming of a car door and the next thing I know, someone is gently shaking my shoulders.

I open my eyes, dreaming to see someone I knew I wouldn't.

Her warm eyes looking down at me with concern, she places a soft hand on my forehead.

"Let me help you up."

An arm slides under my shoulder and hoists me up. My numb legs barely lift themselves still, but she toughs it out by holding most of my weight.

She carefully lies me down, as if I were prone to shatter, and I feel a damp cloth being applied onto my knees.

I wince and groan a little.

"It's gonna be okay." She laughs. "You beautiful solider."

My heart dances to those words a little as she wraps something around my shins.

"Heads up, my truck's gonna start moving." Try to get some sleep, okay?"

"Wait..." I stir.

"Yes?"

"Where... are you driving to?"

"San Francisco. Is there somewhere you'd like to be?"

"...That's where." I mumble.

"You need anything?"

"No, but thanks." I mutter.

She shuts the car door, the engine turns on again, and the truck begins to move.

I open my eyes just a crack to see where I am. I'm in the cargo bed. Ah, that makes sense, as I find myself under a canopy of stars I hadn't noticed before.

To the left is the best view of the night.

A breeze hits my face with the scent of fresh pine. So they do have pine trees in Idaho.

I calm down and eventually drift asleep.

———

I wake up drenched in sweat, a cover draped over my body.

I throw the cover off and sit up.

Early sunlight streams through the trees.

I look at the driver, the one who helped me yesterday. Her curly bob consists of different colors, from a hint of purple at the roots, to a muted red, to a playful orange at the tips.

I tap on the glass. Maybe she'll notice I'm up?

Indeed she does. She flashes me a sparkling smile and the little truck slows to a stop.

I get out of the truck. Ouch, my knees hurt when I bend them. My bare feet touch the rocky ground.

She motions for me to join her in the other seat. I open the door and get in.

It's much cooler in here, so refreshing. Acoustic guitar music fills the space.

A little bunny hangs from the the rearview mirror, purple polka dots prompting me to give it a little squeeze.

She laughs, nose wrinkling.

"T-Thank you for helping me." I place my hands in my lap sheepishly. "My name is Summer."

She shifts gears. "My name's Candy." She cringes.

"Candy?" I confirm.

"I know, it's... a cruel joke from my mom, I guess."

"How so?" I lean back in the chair.

"My last name—" she pauses to cup her mouth in embarrassment, "...is Corn."

I can't help a letting out a little laugh.

What a quirky girl. Stripper name, innocent smile.

Who is she?

I feel like she's too good and nice to be this real, honestly.

Anyway, I soon recognize the little song, and we both end up singing with the guitar. I haven't sung in ages.

"You can harmonize pretty well, eh? Really effing amazing." She comments.

"You think so?"

"Cross my heart, hope to die." She grins. "Also, if you want, there's some trail mix in the middle compartment."

"Thanks," I reply. I am pretty hungry. Opening the bag of trail mix, I reach in to grab some when Candy's hand swoops in and beats me to it.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I can hear the mischievous  smile in those words.

She takes her hand out of the bag and flicks her finger on my nose so hard that it knocks my head upward.

"Hey!" I rub my nose, pouting.

"1-0." She smirks.

"You're so weird." I laugh, flustered.

"Um, you were nearly dead in the middle of an Idaho backroad," She quips .

I push The Ball of Wit lightly as she looks at me like I'm some five year old.

A day of trail mix, acoustics, and the pine breeze.

It'll take my mind off of my life for a little while.

Well, almost.

~~~~~~~~~❦~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: .+:。゚☆ First...+:。☆゚

Woah. Thank you for voting/commenting. They all raise my self esteem a notch, y'know.

Also, 73K reads?!?!?? If you have made it all the way here, I want to give you a ginormous hug! Thanks AnalynAlcantara for staying with me since 100 views, (ω*).

This chapter was strange fluff, I know, but I need something to balance out what's coming next.

See you, babes! (*′').+:。゚☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 2.2K 34
This is basically about a rich billionaire, who has had a large share of kissing female frogs because of his status.... will he be able to find his p...
2K 164 33
Just another typical love story. Maybe with a twist?
82.3K 1.8K 19
๐™ข๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™—๐™ก๐™š๐™ข๐™จ ๐™œ๐™ค ๐™–๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ.