You Have My Heart

By lilasianthatcould8D

More

You Have My Heart
Chapter 1 - Friends For Now?
Chapter 2 - Confession Time
Chapter 3 - Is This A Dream?
Chapter 4 - Online Or Not?
Chapter 5 - The Truth
Chapter 6 - Caleb's POV
Chapter 7 - Why Now?
Chapter 8 - The Talk
Chapter 9 - Rest Of Them
Chapter 10 - Goodbye
Chapter 11 - The Drawing
Chapter 12 - Confusion
Chapter 13 - Questions
Chapter 14 - School
Chapter 16 - Fun
Chapter 18 - Phone Call Went Wrong
Chapter 19 - Heartbroken?
Chapter 20 - Another Door Opens
Chapter 21 - Drama
Chapter 22 - Attention
Chapter 23 - It Happened For a Reason
Chapter 24 - Talking it Out
Chapter 25 - Back to the Good Times

Chapter 15 - The C's

57 1 0
By lilasianthatcould8D

Hai :3 This is a longer chapter, but the next will be even longer!  :DDD

Chapter 15 - Destiny's POV

Turns out, I did get along well with Cameron and Colin!  They were the nicest, funniest guys ever.  

Colin spoke with a cute Scottish accent, something Rebekka always wanted.  He had adorable short, brown hair and big blue eyes.  He was muscular and showed his dimples when he smiled.  I've always wanted dimples, ever since I was little!  He's really polite and gentlemanly.  He was part of the football team and the soccer team.

Cameron was shy at first, but opened up once I started a conversation.  He was also part of the football team, but he enjoys playing chess.  Caleb played chess, too!  He claims he's a champion and one day I'm going to beat him.  That is, once I learn how to play.  Maybe Cameron could teach me.

Cameron had the perfectly messy, black hair and a strong body.  His gorgeous smile could win any girl.

Surprisingly, neither of them had a girlfriend.  But many girls had major crushes on them; that didn't shock me at all.  I contemplated myself on telling them about Caleb.  Would it seem too personal considering I just met them?  Maybe I'll tell them when we become closer.

"So, Destiny.  Tell us about yourself," Colin said, flashing me a smile.

"Um, I moved here from New Jersey because my dad got a job here.  I have the most annoying sister in the world.  People say I talk too much.  I'm Filipino but some suspect I'm Chinese.  Uh, I'm in love with Bono," I finished awkwardly.

Both of the guys chuckled.

"You like U2 too?  I love them!" Cameron said.  We fist bumped and shared our music tastes.

"Yeah, I also love Coldplay, Secondhand Serenade, Summertime's End, Neon Trees, Owl City, Snow Patrol, and other random artists.  Most people never heard of them though," I said while sipping my egg drop soup.

"Seriously?  I know all those artists!  I also listen to ACDC, Paramore, Death Cab For Cutie, All American Rejects, Foo Fighters, The Killers, Bruno Mars, and Blue October," Cameron listed.

Whoa, Cameron and I almost had the same music taste.  I heard of all the artists he listed.  I thought that was neat.

"Dude, that's awesome!  I wish I had them on my iPod, but I'm too cheap to actually purchase the CD," I admitted.  Maybe he could lend me them sometime.

"Oh, well I borrow them from the library and sync them to mine.  It's way cheaper!  The library we have here is amazing, one of the biggest in the US as a matter of fact."

"That's cool, maybe you can take me there sometime," I said with a grin.

"Yeah, totally!" he smiled, showing off his bright smile.

"Do either of you want my chocolate bar?  It's milk chocolate," Colin suddenly offered, while narrowing his eyes at Cameron.

I definitely wanted it, but I didn't want them to think I was a pig.  

"I know you want it Des," Colin winked at me.  What the heck?  He was like a mind reader!  I finally admitted I wanted it and took it from him.

"Hey Des, what class do you have next?" Cameron asked, changing the subject.

Pulling out my schedule, I smiled at my next class.

"Band."

"I have band too!  I'll walk with you, if that's okay," he said, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

I ignored it and nodded at him.  Cameron gets to witness my awesome-ness at the flute!  My previous band directors and teachers have always told me I was a natural at instruments.  I could pick it up easily and plus I have a serious talent with sight reading.  It was amazing.

At the moment I played flute, but next year I get to play piccolo.  Since the 6th grade, my dad promised me I get to play piccolo if I stick with the flute, which I did.  The piccolo is an advanced flute.  It's so cute and tiny!  It's also greatly convenient.  Playing the flute was such a pain when I had to drop it off in the band room in the morning and had to pick it up at the end of the day.  But at least with piccolo I could just leave it in my backpack or something.  I don't trust lockers.

I threw away my lunch and proceeded to head to the band room.

"What instrument do you play?" Cameron broke the silence.

"Flute, but next year I get to play piccolo," I said enthusiastically.  Playing instruments was one of my favorite things to do.  I remember when I was in marching band with Rebekka.  It was a lot of hard work, but still extremely fun.  The downside was the people made fun of us, but I ignored them of course.

"Cool!  I bet you're good at it.  I play the saxaphone."  Saxaphone?  Maybe he could play Careless Whisper for me one day!  I chuckled to myself at the image.

In 7th grade, Caleb and Nathan were in strings together.  They were assigned to play Viva La Vida by Coldplay for the concert.  I was so happy, yet jealous that they got to play my almost favorite band for the spring concert.  We had to play Can-can, not that anything was wrong with it; it was a classic!  But I was looking forward to something more recognizable and popular.  Everyone in my class hated playing it, especially my fellow flutists.  I was the opposite.  I fell in love with the piece as soon as I sight read it and the week after we got it, I had the whole thing memorized.

I knew I wouldn't be behind on this class.  Being a natural definitely had its advantages.  I wondered what chair I'll get.

"Saxaphone?  That's rad.  You play alto or anything special?  Or just regular sax?" I asked, totally interested.

"Actually, I play tenor sax.  Many think it's difficult, but I don't think it's that challenging," he went on.

"Seriously?  All the people that I know play saxaphone give up after their first year!  Those losers, they're probably too lazy to try," I thought out loud.

Saxaphone is so soothing.  I liked this guy.  We had the same taste in music, and he played one of my favorite instruments.

Band class went more epic than I thought it would.  Once the band director handed me the sheet music, I quickly sight read it and knew it almost perfectly.  Mr. J was impressed at my fast learning skills and even made me first chair.  I smiled proudly, gaining looks of envy as well.

**************************************************************************************

Exhausted from school, I threw myself onto my comfy bed.  After a minute, I got tired of the silence and blasted Paramore through my iPod speakers.  I hugged Andrew, pretending he was Caleb, and daydreamed about his cute face.  I missed him so much at the moment.  Hopefully my new friends at school could distract me from him/keep my mind off him for a bit.  That way, I wouldn't miss him so much.

I completed all my homework and checked Facebook.  For a few minutes, no one was online but I smiled when Caleb came online.  I immediately chatted him.

Me: Hi! :)

He didn't reply for nearly 10 minutes!  Then he went offline and my heart dropped.  I checked to see if he even saw the message.

"Seen at 8:27 pm."

Did he just ignore me?  Tears filled my eyes and I shut the computer angrily.  What's his problem?  Why would Caleb ignore me?  Jeez, I never get to see him, so why would he ditch the opportunity to talk?  We didn't talk in over 2 weeks either!  Who ignores people like that?

A few tears escaped my eyes but somehow I managed to hold the rest in.  I hate crying over Caleb!  It made me look so clingy, overprotective, emotional and babyish!  A kid back in middle school would always call me a crybaby and say I was bipolar.  Sometimes I thought it was true, but I always had Kyle back me up and defend me.

Anyways, I decided to check my phone for any messages.  I looked back at the one from Melody and widened my eyes.  I totally forgot about that message.  Could that be why Caleb was ignoring me?  Too busy cheating on me with Melody?

Ugh.  I shook my head and pressed a hand against my forehead.  That didn't make sense at all, but I'm still going to be on the lookout for any signs of cheating.  I decided to do some detective work.

I pulled sunglasses out of my bag and put them on.  Now I really felt like Nathan.  He'd always wear shades while being in his detective mode.

Next, I went back on Facebook and looked through each of their profiles.  Stalkerish, I know.  But hey, I actually care about my relationship.

First, I scrolled through Melody's.  Nothing new so far.  Wait a second!  I scrolled back up to a recent post on her wall.  It was from Caleb!

"Tae kwon do was so fun!  Hope to see you next time :]"

That butt!  The comments were even worse though, they kept being annoying and flirting without a care in the world!  Gah, I wanted to slam my computer on the floor and smash it with my fist.

Ever since I became Caleb's girlfriend, I became more violent.  Yeah, something's definitely wrong with me.

I know Melody isn't the type of person to steal her own friend's boyfriend, but she was the type of girl to not realize when she went too far.  Ugh, it was so annoying when Caleb used to like her and it hurts so much right now wondering if he's only using me to make her jealous.  What if he didn't actually love me?

Or maybe I'm just overthinking everything again.  That was probably it.  Psh, like Caleb would cheat on me.  And Melody would never cheat on Nathan!  I really need to trust my friends more.

You think Caleb's cheating on her? :O What do you think of Colin and Cam?

Thanks for reading!  Enjoy your day <3 :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488K 23.7K 83
Four sisters sat on the kitchen floor in a circle each holding their favorite icecream tub and started discussing their heart problems. Rude but not...
6.6K 48 32
This is my collection of random short stories and poems that I have written.
8.7K 1K 14
A short and funny series. We have 2 male leads and 2 female leads. Hope you all enjoy... 1-18-22 #1 ignore COMPLETED UNEDITED