Free-Falling

By achievement_hunter

A British boy has to change his lifestyle when he moves to America to start a new beginning. At first he thin... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61

10

1.1K 50 10
By achievement_hunter

Partial authors note. Sorry I had to put this here, and yes there will be a chapter here. But I just wanted to say to anyone reading (if there Is anyone) if this story seems boring right now just wait I have things planned out. :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gavin POV

The drive to Geoff's house wasn't that long but I wasn't enjoying the fact that I was sitting in the back.

"You know,"I said,"I am going to become friends with your child and I will ruin their mind."

"You are forgetting I get to decide where you sleep."

With that I shut up but I giggle a little bit.

Soon we pulled into a driveway with another car.

At that time the rain was still going.

"Hey Geoff, you know you want to carry me so I don't get wet."

Geoff stared at me,"Yes Gavin because getting more wet WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY WET makes it worse."

Geoff got out and walked to the door but I got out and ran to the door.

"Gavin you are so stupid."

I grinned.

Geoff unlocked the door and walked inside.

I trailed behind and he was greeted by a woman with blonde hair and she also had tattoos.

I was actually starting to loosen up with Geoff even though I just met him.

He was letting me stay at his house and if that doesn't speak kindness what does?

"Uh, yeah Griffon this is Gavin, Gavin this is my wife Griffon."

She put her hand out for me to shake an I followed with it.

"Hi Gavin it's nice to meet you. Geoff already told me about everything."

I smiled,"I don't have to stay here, I feel like a bother."

Geoff shook his head,"Gavin shut up you are staying here."

"Daddy!" A little girl said as she ran up to Geoff.

"Hi Millie, did you miss me."

Millie hugged Geoff and I found myself smiling.

"Millie, this is Gavin. He's going to be staying here tonight."

Millie walked over to me and immediately hugged me.

I was surprised.

"Oh, hello." I whispered.

"Hi Gavin."

After greeting Millie and Griffon, Geoff walked me to the guest bedroom as Millie followed me.

She ended up grabbing my hand and he practically lead the way.

"I've never seen Millie so open with a stranger."

I laughed as Millie pulled me,"I'm no stranger, I'm Gavin Free."

She brought me to a small room.

"You can stay here for the night, it's the guest bedroom." Geoff said.

"You know I don't have to stay in a bedroom I can sleep on the floor or something."

I looked down at Millie,"Will you play with me?" She asked.

I smiled,"As long as Geoff is okay with a guy hanging out with his beautiful daughter."

I looked over at Geoff with a puppy dog face.

He nodded.

"Yay!" Millie said running to her room.

Geoff told me to come downstairs with him so I did as told.

Millie soon came down with a bunch of toys an such and she couldn't decide what to play with.

I liked these people, a lot.

I haven't been in America long and the only people I really have gotten close to are Michael and Geoff.

Geoff told me he talked to Griffon about how messed up the hotel was.

He said I could stay here until I got a job and enough money to get an apartment.

"I really don't want to cause a lot of ruckus."

Griffon gestured to the house,"I can tell you are a great person Gavin and we have more than enough room in the house."

"Plus Millie likes you,"Geoff said.

Griffon, Geoff and I talked for quite some time about me staying here.

"Plus I don't have a job yet, I just moved here." I said.

"We can go job hunting for you tomorrow before I go to work."

"Daddy I want to go to work with you again."

Everyone looked over at Millie.

"You can hangout at the office with me Millie if you'd like."

Millie dropped her toys and ran over to where we were all sitting.

She sat next to Griffon.

Geoff checked his watch and not long after our conversation Griffon made dinner.

Throughout dinner we all continued our conversations and even Millie joined in.

We laughed and laughed until Geoff shed a tear.

"Geoff's laughter can cure cancer." I said.

We continued talking until it was time for Millie to go to bed.

"Gavin you said we would play-" she said but I inter feared.

"I'm sorry Millie I-"

She interrupted me too.

"But even if we didn't play I had fun."

I smiled.

"Daddy can Gavin read me a story?"

I looked over to see Griffon and Geoff smiling.

"Make it quick."

Millie grabbed me hand and pulled me away from the kitchen and up to her bedroom.

She got in bed and handed me a story.

"Clifford the Big Red Dog." I looked at it.

Millie told me to read it and I did. Millie was a sweet kid. She was just like her parents.

I read the book all the way through and she asked for a hug before I turned out her light.

"Thank you Gavin." She said causing me to smile again.

"You are welcome Millie."

I shut her door slightly,turned out the light, and walked back to Griffon and Geoff.

"Why are you guys so open with me? I practically just met you and you are already letting me read stories to your daughter?"

Geoff smiled.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Nothing," he pointed at my pajamas which were rain soaked still,"I can give you change of clothes for the night."

"And you can shower if you'd like." Griffon said.

"Yeah because you stink." Geoff said and I laughed.

"Actually you smell like Texas so we all stink." He said again.

He lead me to the bathroom and gave me a change of clothes.

"I'll put a bag in your room for your wet clothes."

"Whatever you say."

I liked these people. They are nice. They let me stay with them throughout a storm and they fed me. It was free food. I got my free food for the day.

I showered and changed into the clothes that Geoff provided.

I put the wet clothes in the bag and not long after, everyone was settling down for the night.

I was in bed facing the window when I started thinking of Michael again.

"I'm not fine at all." I whispered to myself.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone at the door.

"Gavin.."

I rolled over and saw a sleepy Millie.

"Yes sweety?"

"Can I sleep in here with you? I had a bad dream."

I smiled and sat up.

"Of course Millie."

I scooted over in the at least queen sized bed and Millie crawled in next to me.

She was nuzzled up next to me and she fell asleep quite quickly.

I heard a small creek of the door and I looked over and noticed Geoff at the door.

He smiled.

Why is everyone smiling at me today. I'm Gavin I'm not a god like really.

"Thank you." I heard him whisper and then he was gone.

No Geoff. Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 529 47
When Lindsey and Michael break up, Michael seeks comfort in his best friend, Gavin. But when a night of passion leaves both in confusion they decide...
7.8K 383 16
Gavin is finally on his way back from a long stay in England, when his plane crashes. The rest of the guys set out to find him, but will they be in t...
377 13 6
Gavin loves Michael and Michael loves Gavin but Gavin also loves Meg and Michael kinda likes Lindsay but it all ends up alright in the end. It's basi...
14.3K 455 26
Another reader insert Ryan Haywood fanfic.