The Damned and Deranged ⇝ Luk...

By asdflkjhg5sos

In which, Luke moves to town without the warning of what's lurking RUKE GREMMINGS COMPLETED 8TH IN THE RUKE S... More

warnings and description
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen (+)
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen *
chapter sixteen (+)
chapter seventeen *
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight (+)
chapter twenty nine (+)
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five *
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
epilogue
ruke books

chapter twenty five

301 23 3
By asdflkjhg5sos

This is a little sad

-

Luke had been dropped off at the house by Reece, who said he'd pick him up in a few hours before he drove away. Luke went inside the house, seeing the three other Chosen, who were pacing the living room. "Hey." Luke said, "are we ready to do this?"

"Fuck no." Colin said, "one of us is gonna die."

"No were not—" Luke said.

The light of the room then flickered, making Luke curse, "remember, we stick together, we all do it and they can't kill us because no one failed."

They heard a door slam, making Luke enter the room and go closer to Mackenzie, who looked terrified. Luke held his arms, "We're gonna be o—"

The four of them then collapsed to the floor unconscious.

When Luke awoke, everything was still black, he couldn't move but he knew his eyes were open, and he could feel something covering his eyes. The floor felt hard underneath him as he sat up, his feet's weren't bounded thankfully. "Hello?" Luke called.

"Luke." He heard Gabby say, "they blindfolded us so we can't find the location of the trials."

Luke cursed again, "are we all awake?"

There was a choruses of yes', Luke sighing in relief. Luke stayed quiet, trying to heat for anyone else in the room. "Are we alone?" Luke asked, "is it just us?"

"I don't know." Colin said, "I can't hear anyone."

A door then opened loudly, Luke flinching. Someone then grabbed him and made him sit on his knees, the blindfold being taken off, revealing over twenty people were in the room with them. Colin was to his left and Mak to his right, Gabby next to Colin. He gulped, looking at Mackenzie, who was shaking in terror. Their bounded hands were released and Luke realised it was magic, not real ties.

He looked at who entered the room, seeing Whitney, the woman who had told him he was a Chosen, and Georgia's mother. "Hello Chosen." Whitney said, she wore a blood red cloak, looking at each of them.

Whitney nodded and then someone was grabbing Luke's arm, holding it out. A witch did it to each person before Whitney walked over to Gabby first, pulling a knife out from under her cloak, she grabbed Gabby's wrist and sliced open her arm. Gabby cried out softly as a bowl was placed underneath to collect the blood.

They moved on to Colin and then Luke, who hissed at the pain, he stared at Whitney, who stared right back at him. "Why are—"

"Silence." Whitney said.

Luke went to protest, realising he really couldn't talk, she'd made him stop using magic. Bitch. Luke thought mentally.

Mackenzie's blood was taken too, making him cry softly. Luke wanted to reach out and comfort him.

After the blood was taken, Witney said something in a language Luke couldn't understand before everyone started to chant, getting louder and louder until they were yelling. Mackenzie covered his ears at all the yelling, making Luke reach over and hold him, "it's okay." Luke assured him.

Then it was silent again, but two people grabbed Gabby by her arms and dragged her out the door, going left. The door shut behind her, making Luke glance around at everyone in the room, they all had straight faces, staring ahead, it reminded him of the guards they had outside Buckingham Palace.

A few minutes later, Gabby came back, holding her wrists and soothing it. As soon as her knees hit the floor, two more people were grabbing Colin, and he left.

Luke leant down to Mackenzie, "I'm next, you remember what to do?" Luke asked him.

"I do." He nodded, "I'm scared Luke."

"You'll be okay, I promise." Luke said, "we said we'd stick together."

Colin soon came back and Luke stood before anyone could grab him, but they still did, taking him out of the room and in to another. Luke was shoved to his knees once in the room, a chair was the only thing in the room, Luke glanced back seeing the two men who'd brought him in here we're standing in front of the door.

Luke looked back at the chair, he knew he had to move it. So he closed his eyes and stuck his hand out, remembering what he'd done with Reece, he remembered everything he'd done, and soon the chair kicked out, flipping on to its side. Luke opened his eyes, sighing at the chair lying down.

He was grabbed again, taking him out of the room. "You don't need to be so rough." Luke scoffed.

He was back in the main room, he looked at Mackenzie, "it's fine, you'll do great." Luke told him, being thrown to floor and glaring at the men.

Mackenzie was grabbed, and he realised everyone had already done the trial. He looked at Luke desperately, "I'll fail on purpose." Mak said.

Luke's eyes widened, "What? No!" He yelled.

Mackenzie was taken from the room, Luke standing and running after him only to be flung across the room by Whitney. Luke groaned in pain after hitting the wall. "Fuck." He said, using his forearms to get himself up, but was pushed down again by a force. "Please." He begged.

He heard a loud scream come from the other room, making Luke sob loudly, Mackenzie was gone. Luke tried to get up again and this time he was allowed, he ran out of the room and saw a man carrying Mackenzie's body.

Luke stared at his lifeless face, "he's just a kid." Luke breathed, Colin coming to his side, "he doesn't deserve this."

"Shit." Gabby whispered.

They watched the body be taken from the room, Luke looking away and wiping his face.

The three remaining chosen left the place blindfolded, and were dropped off at the house. Reece was waiting for them, Luke walked up the path way and hugged him tightly, bursting in to sobs. "It's okay." Reece rubbed his back in circles.

"He died so one of us three didn't." Luke cried, gripping at Reece's jacket tightly.

Reece cupped his face, making Luke look at him, "then you win it for him, the next one is to bring back a life, if you win it you can bring him back Luke." He told his boy, wiping his tears.

Luke nodded, "please," he sobbed again and lay his head on Reece's chest. The two went in to the house, seeing Gabby and Colin sat on the sofa, sat apart. Luke looked at them, "so much for working together huh?" Luke joked lightly.

Colin sighed, "we aren't going to able to work together anymore."

"What?" Luke asked, "why?"

Gabby looked at them, "maybe we should just battle it out and try and win for ourselves." She said.

Reece scoffed loudly, "you're all selfish, a kid just died for you and you're gonna take it back and do it for yourselves?" Reece glared at them, "how fucking dare you?"

"I'm disappointed in you all." Luke said, before he took Reece's hand in his and left. The door slammed on their way out, they got in Reece's car, the blond groaned as soon as he got inside, "I can't believe them."

Reece patted his thigh, "this clearly shows you're gonna win." He told him, starting up the car and driving Luke back to the dorms. Reece walked him up the stairs to his room, Ashton watched them walk in, "what happened?" He asked.

Ashton stood up and watched Luke take off his coat and shoes before he started crying again. Ashton wrapped him in a hug, looking to Reece, "what happened?" He repeated.

"The youngest kid died." Reece said. "He sacrificed himself and now the other two have decided they're better off alone."

Ashton sighed and kissed Luke's forehead, rubbing his back. "I'm sorry Luke."

"I'm gonna have some people protecting you around the campus okay?" Reece said, "Luke's already got a teacher on his side, if you see anything suspicious, tell me."

"Thank you." Ashton nodded.

Reece leant down and kissed Luke's cheek, "I'll see you soon darling."

Luke didn't let Ashton go as he nodded, "Okay." He said quietly.

Reece left the room, Luke sighed and looked up at Ashton, "I can't believe this happened."

Ashton sighed, "it's okay, I'm sure after this is over you can help Mackenzie—"

"How?"

"Luke you've gotta bring someone back to life one day, maybe you can bring him back." Ashton said, "now come on, get to bed."

Luke nodded and went to his bed, his took off his shoes and jeans, then his shirt, making Ashton gasp softly, "what are those bruises on you?" He asked.

"I tried to save Mackenzie but the witch threw me across the room in to a wall." He said, "hurt like a bitch too."

Ashton sighed, "this is so shitty." Luke climbed in to bed, pulling the covers up his body, "can't you just go home to your parents? Pretend this never happened?"

Luke shook his head, turning his back to Ashton, "no, if we go to the border, we die,"

Ashton sighed, looking at Luke's bruised back, "I'm sorry Luke."

"It's okay." Luke said, "I'll deal with it."

-

we're actually nearing the end but there's so much stuff that happens, it's a shit storm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

690 22 33
"He's just a classmate who talked to me. I shouldn't feel anything. But I do." [Started: Feb 20, 2023] [Ended: April 22, 2023]
33.2K 2.7K 80
- 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙙, though perhaps cringy - "𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘰𝘴, 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳...
131K 3.2K 35
The one where Luke gets taken. ✵ ˚ * ✫ ✵ .  ✫ ✧ ·   Info ❁Swearing ❁Violence ❁Inappropriate Acts ✵ ˚ * ✫ ✵ .  ✫ ✧ ·   ❁Cocky! Michael, Chee...
325 17 13
"you really should be afraid." or, When Michael receives an old mirror for his birthday with a scary past. lowercase intended randomly.