Dark Path to Heaven [Demon Ro...

By HalloweenBox

Contains explicit, violent, and very disturbing sex and killing scenes. Only read if you're into twisted love... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 42

2.4K 148 50
By HalloweenBox

Chapter Music: "Valentine's Waltz" by Brandon & Derek Fiechter

We both stayed silent, each one preoccupied with their very own concerns – probably. Astaroth had never had a serious relationship in all those years? I couldn't even start imagining how lonely his life must have been. Yet I also saw myself in him: Solitude never terrified me to an unbearable degree. Was there any chance it was the same for him?

I wrapped my arms around him protectively, as if I could keep some of his sadness away.

"Haven't you ever desired to get closer to someone?" I asked softly.

"No one was like you, Sophia."

I wonder what he wishes to convey through this response.

"I might not be able to think straight anymore," I warned, "but this may as well be love."

He flinched. "Do you really think so after experiencing that?!"

I could imagine why my suggestion had made him furious.

"But you would never really like it with someone else! You only wanted to use me!"

Why did this sound different than what I had in mind?

"And I still want to!"

Before he finished his phrase, he'd already got on top of me, trapping my limbs down with his weight. His menacing expression and the tight grip on my wrists were unnecessary. I could tell that he was in control of himself; plus, I had already proved that I was not afraid of his threats.

"Well, guess what. I want you to as well," I smiled. "Doesn't this make me greedy too?"

"You enjoyed that?" he asked, but looked as though he already knew the answer.

"I like pleasing you."

He must have got the message because he stayed speechless for some time.

"You didn't kill me. You stopped at the right time," I added.

"I stole your energy!"

"You knew I was giving it willingly."

"You wanted me to kill you?!"

"Just as you offered to die a few moments ago."

His eyes widened in realization. To be honest, I had just realized it myself: Astaroth's feelings weren't very different from mine. What we had was not exactly healthy but, perhaps, each of us was giving what the other side needed. Besides, if offering our own lives for the sake of the other wasn't love, I wasn't sure what was.

I took advantage of Astaroth's confusion to free my hands from his grasp and raised myself to my elbows. Staring right into his eyes, I grinned provocatively, asking for his answer. His face, now so close to mine, revealed that he had made up his mind.

I knew that his guilt was gone, by the time he flashed his sly smile –and what an unusual smile that was!

"Humanity really doesn't suit you at all," he breathed, narrowing his eyes.

Hadn't I heard those words, I probably wouldn't be able to tell who that smug expression was for. But I was now sure that his boastful gaze wasn't directed inward.

My face heated up at his more-than-obvious praise and I instinctively averted my eyes.

Chuckling silently, he pushed me back on the bedsheets and started kissing my neck.

"Astaroth–" I inhaled sharply.

As though to reward me for my honest reaction, he ran his tongue over my skin and sucked on the sensitive spot below my ear. I couldn't help but moan in pleasure causing his lovely selfish smirk to return.

"Damn, you're making this too difficult but I need to stop," he grunted, pulling away.

"Why?" I mumbled, mostly to confirm my assumption.

He lay beside me and pulled me into a tight embrace. "I need to find myself first. And then..." he ran his hand down my backside, "I'll use you to my liking... princess."

I immediately hid my face in his lap, attempting to hide my embarrassing eagerness. How could he get me so excited so easily?

His chest shook lightly with a faint chuckle. "I can't wait either," he cooed and started stroking my hair tenderly.

All of a sudden, a soft rap on the door brought me out of my daze and Astaroth exhaled, annoyed. Of course. Since that was the Demon King's chamber, other demons visiting us was to be expected.

"Stay here," he instructed and walked up to the door.

"Are you done with your drama, Your Majesty?" A demon in short wavy hair stepped in casually.

"I believe you are the one who welcomed my drama, in the first place," Astaroth replied nonchalantly.

"Nonsense!" the demon declared, seemingly amused. "I merely wished for my dear friend to return."

The king arched an eyebrow. "So what brings you in my chamber, friend?"

"To personally invite you to your coronation, of course!" he exclaimed and walked up to me with a wide grin carved across his face, causing Astaroth to twitch. "My name is Orias, little lady. You don't remember me, correct?"

I take it that by 'little lady' he's referring to my age. By no means am I a small person.

"No, I don't think I recall meeting you." I stood up and shook the hand he had extended, trying to brush aside the fact that I was only wearing a short nightgown. Thankfully, none of the demons seemed to mind.

"Of course not. You were unconscious then."

"Orias saved you from that abductor," Astaroth explained icily.

"Oh." I hadn't expected that. "Thank you so much!" I said truthfully, causing the man to chuckle in delight.

"My pleasure," he smirked and shot a collusive look toward his 'friend'.

"Well then." Astaroth walked up to him only to drag him outside the room.

"Oh, His Majesty can be so childish sometimes!" he laughed. "Don't forget it's tonight! We don't want you two trying to escape again!" Somehow, that last part sounded less friendly.

"Yes. I'm aware of it. We'll see you there." He almost slammed the door on his face.

Just by looking at him, I knew that there was more to Astaroth's apparent hostility toward that man called 'Orias'. Perhaps it was because he was in the presence of a rather strong demon, but I'd spotted no hint of malice in his expression –something quite unusual, I must admit. It was almost as if they really were friends once.

"Curiosity killed the cat, they say." He approached me again, wearing the familiar smirk on his face.

"A little late for that, ain't it, Your Majesty?" I gave him a mocking grin.

"Look at you defying the Demon King..." He fully transformed in an instant. "What shall I do to you?"

Huh. Despite his words, he looks so sane. What a great chance to examine the body he's been trying to suppress.

"Astaroth," I murmured, my hand reaching up to caress one of his horns, "you're surprisingly calm."

Having got no answer, I looked down at his face only to realize that his eyes were closed and his head imperceptibly bowed. Well, that's new. How exactly is my touch affecting him?

The moment I took my hand away, he opened his eyes and shot me a somewhat embarrassed look – which, if I didn't know him, I would probably interpret as a scowl.

"What?"

He simply closed his eyes and slightly bowed his head again. Was he trying to tell me something? Did he like it? I touched him once more and he twitched. Smiling widely, I continued rubbing his horn.

"Do you like this?" I asked, unable to contain my joy.

He was acting so cute! Was that because he couldn't conceal his true emotions in his true form? Demon Astaroth is really full of wonderful secrets!

"What do you think, you moron?"

Well, it's hard to take you seriously when you're acting like this.

"It's surprising, though," I spoke my thoughts aloud. "It's so hard and rough, I didn't think you'd have much sensation here."

"It's quite the opposite," he stressed. He truly enjoyed it, didn't he?

Soon enough though, he opened his eyes again. "Back at the forest... you gave me your own energy, didn't you?" he asked, pensive.

I was about to reply but, the next moment, he was already on his knees before me.

"...Astaroth?"

Instead of answering, he lifted the edge of my nightgown, revealing the five cuts he'd left on my hip. I silently watched as he ran his tongue over the pierced skin, causing my heart to race. Regardless of how arousing that felt, I knew he was aiming for something quite different.

It was true.

By the time he moved on to my other hip to repeat the same action, I had the chance to witness it with my own eyes: the wounds had disappeared as if they were never there in the first place.

"I loved these marks, by the way," I sincerely spoke my mind, still trying to wrap my head around what he'd just done.

He only smirked and raised himself again. "I only made room for the fresh ones."

Damn. "Y-you're going to do m-more?"

He tenderly cupped my face in his hands, making me shiver at the touch. "I own your body, Sophia," he whispered, smiling darkly. "I'll do whatever I want with it."

My heart almost stopped at these words and I soon found myself breathing heavily. I didn't even try to control myself when I closed the distance between us. My arms found themselves around his neck and I pressed my lips against his, longing to feel him in every possible way. But he just wouldn't let me have it my way. He'd flick his tongue over my lips, tug on them with his teeth, never allowing me to feel his lips again. He was reminding me who I belonged to.

Suddenly, as if to confirm my hunch, I heard his voice in my head: "I own you."

"Astaroth..." I breathed and added mentally: "I love you."

He groaned in response and lowered his hands below my ass. Slowly sinking his claws into my skin, he pulled me even tighter against him. I shamelessly moaned against his mouth, delighted to feel the stinging pain and his hardness against my belly.

Just as I was thinking he would abandon any concerns he might have about my safety, he abruptly pulled away and took a couple of steps back. He was breathing roughly and his eyebrows were knitted as he spoke in my mind again: "I'm scared of losing you. I won't risk it again."

Poor Astaroth... He almost looked... fragile.

"I'm sorry," I replied in the same way, trying to calm my heart down. "I started this."

"No. I only need... a little more time."

We remained silent for a few moments, just gazing at each other intently. Finally getting shy from the taut atmosphere between us I focused my attention on his tail and reached for it in order to examine it from up close. It was a lot heavier to raise than expected but, before long, Astaroth lifted it for me and let me peer at it. That too was rough yet, obviously much more flexible and slightly softer than his horns. It was very similar to a reptile's tail and also jet black, like the rest of him. It was long and something was telling me that it could also be used as a dangerous weapon.

"Do you have strong sensation here as well?" I mumbled, somewhat hesitantly.

"I do, but not as much as in the horns. It's far from the head."

That's right. And the head is the center of existence. I imagine the horns should be a central part of a demon's nature.

I began stroking his tail as well, which earned me a slightly more genuine smile from its owner. I automatically smiled back.

"Is this so important to you?" he asked with interest.

"You already know I adore everything about you." I fondled his scaly skin and looked into his black eyes once again. "How can you stay so calm while in this form?"

"It's not easy," he shot me a troubled look. "But, then again, it's not as hard as I thought."

"How come?"

"Because the moment I lose control with you will be the moment I kill myself."

Click the Vote button if you enjoyed the story :)

Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 215 9
They're both in for a date they'll never forget... Rachel is sick, and all she has ever wanted is to be normal. So after packing up and moving to a...
817 16 15
She was hellfire. Her beauty was tantalizing. She was charismatic, ethereal, a true goddess. Men bowed in front of her alluring self. But she was the...
250 0 11
Disclaimer: This story contains mature elements and subjects that could be disturbing to some readers such as: sexual themes/acts, strong language, t...
1.3K 347 29
She was just a normal girl, Then her world shattered. The death of her mother : who looks and deceives even her own daughter to think she was human. ...