LOGAN (Book One)

Por authormsdevera

Aphrodite Reid, having a name after a Greek Goddess of beauty and love, doesn't exactly make her one of the "... Más

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
EPILOGUE
Book Cover for "LIAM"
Notes to My Readers

FOURTEEN

5K 221 14
Por authormsdevera

My whole suspension days wasn't so bad if Logan wasn't part of it, to be honest, I didn't mind at all. I'd be bored out of my mind if it weren't for him spending time with me.

Mom gave dad a hard time courting her so why can't I?

I mean Logan is fighting his urges to touch me. I could feel his eyes on me dark and lust, but I got to remind him I want things slow, and he's a gentleman about it, and he pulled away as if I have Hot Bad Boy Repellant.

After our talk at his family's shop, he took me home and hung out with me for a while to be more of each other. My suspension started the next day, and right after school he came over to my house so did Liam and Lily. And I saw how nervous Lily was around with Liam she would blush all the time and it's cute. Tuesday, Logan and I watch the original Aladdin on Broadway online getting a few tips of not just singing but also acting. Our parts aren't much in singing only to support the main characters song.

We practice a few of our roles adding humor. I couldn't imagine a guy like Logan to be a clown unlike his twin; I thought Logan would be dangerous and mean looking. He would have that severe frown expression the first time I met him makes me see the other way not to piss him off more, but now that I'm used to it I would laugh at his face. He tackled me on the couch ticking my sides until I had enough then the door opened.

"Hey Effie, I got us breakfast from Starbucks," Ares announced entering the house. "I got your favorite Black Ice tea to sweeten and- what the hell is this?" He paused, and from where he's standing to see a different angle looking at the couch where he could see a boy on top of his kid sister.

I push Logan off me as we both standing straight up. I fixed my shirt which was pulled slightly up.

Ares' eyes became dark, and from that firm look, he is going to start. "Effie, what the hell is going on and who the fuck is this?" He voices dark and thick - alert.

Alert! Alert! Brother Anger overload!

I relax my shoulders. "It's not what you think. This is Logan; he's our neighbor living in Jefferson's house next door."

Ares snack his lips from chewing the gum in his mouth with his dark eyes glaring at Logan and do not care who the boy next to me was. "Hey, what's your relationship with my sister?"

"Ares," I hissed.

I didn't want Ares to meet Logan, not just yet when we are in the friend zone.

It's too soon.

"Classmate and good friends," Logan replied without hesitation.

We are above classmate and friends. Do a friend give another friend an amazing orgasm? Not that I know of but I can't say that out loud for Ares to hear.

My brother arched a brow, scan his eyes like a laser on Logan.

I groaned. "Ares, enough, we were just rehearsing for the musical."

"On the couch? I don't remember that scene in Aladdin," he removed his satchel and keys on the table next to the door. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No."

"Baby mamas?"

"Oh my god, seriously Ares," I scowled.

"Look, Effie, if you and he want to date. I need to ask these questions. If you are, I won't get mad," he's pissed. "Be honest with me. Unlike Thea."

I swallowed hard.

How did Ares know?

My brother doesn't care if we hung out with friends but if they were boys, he would throw a fit but doesn't show it. Athena and I knew the attitude he has towards any guys approaching us is the same with our dad; overprotective and insecurities about boys. It's like he has a sister complex and won't admit it.

I watched him remove his leather jacket and grabbed a beer van offered one to Logan, but he declined. Ares snapped the beer can open and took on a solid shot, crushed it and banged it hard on the table until the aluminum object became flat as a pancake. "So, you are that jerk's, little bro."

"Ares!"

"Don't look surprised, Effie," he threw the flat beer can into the dumpster next to the wall that's only for bottles and cans. "Our big sister has been secretly going out, and I didn't even know about it," took another cold can from the fridge.

"She was supposed to tell you," I implied.

"Supposed to?" he scoffed, drank roughly. "So, you and she are keeping secrets from me."

I lowered my head and sighed.

"I saw her on that asshole's lap sucking each other face at the club last night. I couldn't go home, so I stayed at Tony's house."

I glance my eyes at Logan who met mine. I mouth about my sister and his brother together at the club he nodded, and I grunt.

So those late night overtime was actually with Rex.

That lying bitch.

But I shouldn't complain. She's been working non-stop, and she needs to have fun.

"Ares," I sighed and at the same time took the seat in front of him when he sat at the kitchen table drowning himself drunk. "Thea is a big girl, nearly almost thirty, don't you think it's time for her to settle down."

"I happy that she found someone but you know her past boyfriends they couldn't stand a day with her not even an hour because of her attitude and temper," took another drink. "Mom has it easy with dad because he tolerated it."

"No, because dad loves mom the way she is and that is what Rex is with Athena."

"You make it sound so sure that this guy won't leave."

"My brother won't leave your sister," Logan steps into the conversation, and I got a bad feeling he shouldn't do that. Although, they are similarly built once Ares starts something won't finish unless he wins. However, Logan is the same.

Same built the same brain.

Ugh, men.

"Logan, let me talk," I whispered.

"Let him talk, Effie," Ares leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest looking up at Logan. "I want to hear if his brother is worth dating Thea."

I groaned, scratching my neck.

This can't be good.

"You don't know my brother, and already you think of him differently than those other men who dated Athena." Logan plants his hands on the table leaning forward. "Our Dad was a marine and a well-respected Lieutenant. He's all about making orders, but once he met my mother, everything changed in him. He may have the higher up in uniform, but at home, he couldn't defy her. He told us before he died, the woman in your life is the other half of your soul. You treat her like she's your own life; respect and love. I know you are the man of the house looking after your sisters, but you got to let them go. Protect them from afar and watch them be happy."

I watched in awe and couldn't believe my ears how wise Logan words were.

I glance at my brother who was picking his teeth after eating a panini sandwich from Starbucks while listening to Logan.

"Where are you from?" Ares asked pointing his pinky finger at him.

"Hawaii."

"So, that's where I recognized you," Ares snapped his fingers. "I had a tournament there years ago. I remember you and some other guys were front row cheering me on — the loudest in the crowd. And I couldn't forget a face and dude, your long hair too I almost mistook you for a girl. Though when I saw that body of yours, I changed my perspective.
." My brother laughed.

Ares is good with faces but not names which is the reason why the girls in his life would break up with him and get angry by saying the wrong name. Except for Jordan of course, she's different and his best friend. Why wouldn't he remember her?

Logan stands up straight. "I can't believe you remembered," he breathed. "I took a picture of you after your fight." He started fiddling down his back pocket pulled out his phone, look through it and then showed the screen to my brother.

Ares took the phone and laughed. "Man, I looked fucked up."

"The best fighter," placed the phone back in his pocket replacing it with a notepad and pen. "If it's too much to ask, can I ask for an autograph?"

"Logan, seriously?"

"I can do you one better, come with me," Ares got up from his seat and had Logan following him with a goofy grin on his face as they went inside my brother's room.

I slumped on the kitchen table, rubbing my temples not expecting that my brother and Logan are getting along.

"No. Fucking. Way!" I heard Logan's voice boomed inside the house as they entered the kitchen as I saw Logan holding up one of my brother's jersey shorts the color of blue, red, and white with the picture of a yellow sun representing the Philippines flag, and my brother's signature in black ink. "You are going to give me the shorts that you use to win the fight?"

"Yeah, man," Ares pat him on the back. "Since my sister found out, she warned me not to fight anymore."

"Dude, about that, we didn't know," Logan's tone in apologetic.

"No worries bro, it's my fault. I got beat up by my sister. Dude, you better watch your brother's back," holding up his cast arm which is freely movable without the support.

"I've seen your sister and no offense she is a demon."

"Dude, you have no idea. My name means God of War, and apparently, her name is too. She is more of a fighter than I," Ares sighed, then both of them laughed until he turns to look at me. "Hey Effie, I got a call to meet up with Tony and the guys. Is it okay if I...?"

"Go, go, I'm fine." I waved my hand excusing him while I continue to slump.

"Okay, love you," Ares extend his good hand to Logan as they did a friendly handshake. "Want to hang out sometimes, you and your brothers can join my friends and me. We are heading to Huntington Beach for a bonfire tonight. There's going to be some fine ass girls there, you down?"

I growled at my brother, and Logan noticed how jealous I was getting and smiled. "Thanks, man, but I rather hang out with your sister."

"You will be missing out." trying to convince him as if he wanted Logan to stay away from me and find some other girl.

What an ass my brother is?

He's not letting Logan off the hook for hanging out with me. Logan looked at me, and I shot bloody knives glare at Ares.

"It's cool, bro," Logan reject the second time politely.

"You sure?" one last time my brother asked.

I growled. "God! Ares, we aren't doing anything illegal." It's not what you think.

"I'm just inviting your friend to hang." My brother rolled his eyes like a girl. "Geez, Effie, let the man be free."

I haven't known Logan that long and my brother thinks I already claimed him. I am not that type of girl who clings on to men.

No way!

"Whatever, it's not like he's my boyfriend or anything," I grunt. "It's his choice, not mine."

"Alright then, what do you say, Logan? Bonfire and hot chicks?"

I sat there just ignoring the fact my brother would do this to me because he found a fan who wishes they can be best of friends and here I am preventing Logan from going not because of a bonfire. But when Ares mentions hot chicks - in bikinis - and hot I went on the jealous girlfriend type that would scratch any girl's eyes out for looking at my man.

My man?

Oh, brother!

"I'll go, if..." Logan said in a long pause. "If Aphrodite goes."

I jerk my head right at Logan looking with wide eyes.

He did not just say that?

I do not do well at beaches. When I was little yeah, but right now, I could stand the heat, and when I touch the water, I get scared like what if a stingray is offshore and pokes me and I die. Then my life would be over. But my biggest concern is bathing suits. My body does not have the appropriate figure for a two-piece; not even a one piece would make it better. I rather have me wear a shirt and boy shorts.

"Well, that's up for Thea to make the call because clearly, Effie is grounded when she got into a fight." Thanks for reminding me, bro.

"Yeah, I was there." Logan eyed me.

"Did she a girl a headlock?" my brother beamed.

"Your sister looks like a younger version of Athena but much more dangerous," Logan comment.

"Oh, man I should have been there to see my baby sister beat the crap out-of-." he cleared his throat when he caught me glaring at him. "I mean, we did not raise Effie to fight so that she can beat someone up."

More like I learn it from watching you and Athena always butting heads.

"I was so mad what that Mason guy did to her though. When Thea told me I wanted to break loose and drive to that bastard's house."

When Ares heard the news, he pretended to be mad, but his face gave it away and felt proud of me. I don't know why but from what I could see is that Logan and my brother are getting along. It's almost like they have become best friends and it starts to annoy me.

"Logan, you should go and have fun with your idol," I was fair and sarcastic at the same time. "I don't mind at all."

Honestly, I want him and my brother to get along even with Ares overprotectiveness, but at the same time, I didn't want Logan to bond with my brother because he will be taken away from me and I just started the whole let us be friends case scenario. It will be a win-win for Logan and me, but somehow my brother is involved as the third wheel.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I said. "At least you and my brother can spend time together and get to know one another."

Logan went closer to me. "You don't mind?"

"I said, I don't," I shrugged. "You get to hang out with the great God of War, why not?"

Logan was about to open his mouth and just watching his eyes beamed the thought of hanging out with Ares would be the best thing in the world, and I know he wouldn't want to back down. I would never take that opportunity away from him. Although, just seeing him act like a child going to Disneyland meeting his favorite Disney character means he looked up to him.

"Thanks, Rosie." Logan plants a kiss on my cheek, not caring that my brother saw, but I was shocked only because he called me by a different name.

"I'm sorry," blinking at him, confused. "Who's Rosie?"

"Sorry," he chuckled. "My mother's name is Rosie and since you have a ro to your name why not call you that."

My heart melt.

I was always called Effie by my parents and my siblings but not any other. And Logan has given me a new nickname that was once his mother's name breaks my heart for him to call me that means I hold a special place in his heart, and I somehow felt happy.

"You didn't have to give me that name, Logan," I told him with a gentle tone.

He shrugged. "But, I wanted too," he turned to my brother. "Hey, I'm going to ask my brothers if they would like to come along."

"Sure."

"Be back in five; I can not wait to see their faces once they see what I got."

Logan left the house in silence filled the room as my brother, and I watched the door staring at it to past time until my brother broke it.

"Effie."

I groaned in annoyance at the sound of Ares's tone. "I know, don't believe a word that he says because he is only in for my panties. But we are just friends Ares and nothing more, what more do you want from me?"

He chuckled. "I was going to say; Logan is a great guy."

"You're okay with that meeting him for the first time and already created a bond?"

"Well, you're not the only one with good judgment on people, and if you want to date him officially, you have my permission."

"Older brother with insecurities say what?!"

"All I'm saying that Logan is a great guy and totally into you," he smiled adding a wink then stretched his arm. "I'm going to pack."

I heard the door shut in the hallway I just sat there alone in the kitchen staring at an open space area of my living room, stunned at my brother's words.

What the fuck just happened?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

43.6K 1.7K 54
What if mythology isn't a myth? Callie Prescott has the rest of her life planned out: get into med school, become a heart surgeon, and heal the world...
997 49 23
"WYNTER GET YOUR ASS BACK INSIDE THIS HOUSE! I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE. DON'T MAKE ME COME AND GET YOU!!" The male voice shouted. I can't let him see...
315K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...
2.3M 41.1K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...