My Husband's A Wife

By OurInnocentSin

About the arranged marriage to a billionaire's "son". More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35 1/2
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 20

36K 1.3K 199
By OurInnocentSin

(Picture above: Duh....)

Alex opens the door to the black limo, allowing me to step inside.

"The device?" Ms. Montague asks, from the seat next to me. I hand it to her hastily. Holding it made the guilt outwardly present.

Alex slams the door shut. The sudden sound of triggers a memory.

I shakily got out of the little red car, glaring at Luna as I slammed the door shut. She was laughing. "Cool wheelie, right?"

Though my stay there was only a week or two, that seemed full of nostalgia.

Coming down for breakfast and smiling when I spotted her at the table.

Nights I slept right next to her, hoping that the given would never change.

Anyway, these memories had the ability to make me laugh, or maybe cringe.

But only now,

these memories alone

make me cry.

———

I quickly wipe the tear off my hand. Are we here already?

"Move quickly, will you?" Ms. Montague mutters to me, and then gets herself out of the limo.

Her eyes flicker around with paranoia.

With Alex trailing behind me, I get out of the limo.

That's when I realize.

We're at an airport.

Oh no. Hell no.

"Come on," Alex insists, sliding her hand into mine and pulling me through the airport doors.

Cold sweat washes over me. If I leave, there's a chance I'll never come into contact with Luna. Ever again.

The thought made the busy airport spin in front of my eyes, and only her hand kept me from crashing onto the airport floor.

Ms. Montague hastily took out the airplane tickets and ran to the shortest check-in line.

Kind of absurd, I've never seen her run before.

To the far left of the checkout, a bunch of vivid, orange flowers hang, catching my gaze.

I bet that Luna could've arranged it five times better.

"What are you thinking about?" Alex asks suspiciously.

"Oh, just wondering... flowers... Lu—" I halted mid-sentence, eyes wide.

Alex's hand slid out of mine and gripped my waist. I looked at her white knuckles, then her turned head.

I'm not exactly sure what I did this time.

Unfortunately, I know Alex less than I used to.

Even though it would most likely be even worse if I did.

———

As the last one to get out of the security area, I am scolded again to hurry up.

However, something about the woman behind me grabbed my attention, so I glance behind my shoulder.

I observe the lady take off her high heels, then pull something out from her trousers and swiftly kick it under the security, past the monitors and the guards' attention.

I turn around fully. What the hell—

The woman goes through the metal detector. She flips her platinum hair, now in a bob.

I watch in amazement as she drops one high heel, then as she picks it up, she smoothly takes the something and slips it under her long trousers.

As it disappeared in a flash, it registered to me that the 'something' was a steel black pistol. I step back, about to catch up with Alex and Ms. Montague.

That's when her eyes meet mine.

Shit. It's the janitor.

Except her eyes are not the same.

Her eyes are cold and hardened, focused on the objective before it.

"I was hired... to kill, er, someone."

I have a growing paranoia that that 'er, someone' could be me.

As her eyes flicker with a satisfied recognition, I can nearly hear the deep, German accent. Almost smell the dark cologne.

I need to run.

That's exactly what I do as I catch up to Ms. Montague and Alex.

I speed ahead of them, afraid to look back. Now, I'm even more paranoid than Ms. Montague seems to be.

The pair follows me as we approach the boarding gates.

As of now, I actually find comfort in stepping on the plane and flying far away from the janitor.

Damn the Montague family.

———

"Hey Summer."

I turn my head to Alex.

That's when she draws her head closer...

...and settles for the lightest kiss on my lips.

Alex just kissed me.

"What the fuck, Alex?!" I nearly shout, grabbing the attention of many passengers.

"Sorry, ok?" She just shrugs it off.

She messes with her phone for a minute or two, then slyly smiles.

"Well," She begins, "I have Luna's number. Did you know that?"

I shook my head, an interest sparked.

"I just wanted to let her know how well we were doing, so I sent her... this."

She tilted the phone screen my way.

It was a picture of the 'kiss'. In the photo, my eyes were fluttered shut, and Alex had a smile on her lips.

'Delivered 32s,' the screen read.

No.

I stare at the seat in front of me. "Stop Alex, it's not..." my voice withers.

Her eyes flutter downward as I glance at her, and she seems to swallow a lump in her throat. "I'm not helping. I'm aware."

A cart rolls past. The woman behind it asks me, "Peanuts?"

"Gladly."

She turns to Alex. "Please turn your phone off, ma'am."

Alex pretends to turn her phone off as I take a packet of peanuts from the flight attendant.

My ears start to 'pop' as the plane raises higher and higher in the air. I chew a few peanuts, trying to use it like gum. I wish I had gum.

It very soon became evident that Alex had not turned her phone off, because a text-tone would sound every few seconds or so.

She checked her lock screen quickly, smiled, then turned the ringer off, and locked the phone.

The phone kept vibrating in her lap, spacing out as time went by.

It's likely Luna texting.

Then again, would Luna really care?

I shove another handful of peanuts into my mouth.

This is going to be a long flight.

~~~~~~~~~❦~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I apologize for not updating. In summer break, I will be unavailable for a total month 1/2. However, in the free time, I will make an extra effort to update this book.

Only 10-15 main chapters left anyway.

Love you for sticking with me.
ρ(ーo)♪ (feel free to leave a comment.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332 82 13
this is the story consisting hate to love story , fake relationships, love triangle , fantasy and thrilling. No more spoilers read to find ...hope...
82.3K 1.8K 19
๐™ข๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™—๐™ก๐™š๐™ข๐™จ ๐™œ๐™ค ๐™–๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ.
77 12 8
Arranged marriage with CEO of Multinational Company
1.1K 85 46
( 1st gl story )