Dark Path to Heaven [Demon Ro...

By HalloweenBox

Contains explicit, violent, and very disturbing sex and killing scenes. Only read if you're into twisted love... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 33

2.7K 161 86
By HalloweenBox

Chapter Music: "Nighthawk Forest" by Derek Fiechter

I took my beverage as soon as it was ready, paid, and quickly walked out of the place – now filled with people staring and gossiping about us.

"Ready to leave?" he asked me once we were out of the café.

"Didn't you say you'd bring our stuff?" I took a good look at him to see him lightly dressed as always.

He only raised his left sleeve a little, revealing the black and thin tattoo everyone had and also the other claw-like tattoo I had seen the other day.

"How did you get this?" I pointed at the latter and started observing it closely. It had sharp edges and indeed seemed to continue to the upper part of his arm.

Hearing no reaction from him, I raised my head and came across a quite agitated face.

"What?"

"People here can carry their belongings with the help of this," he pointed at the other tattoo, completely ignoring my question.

"But I've seen students and professors with bags." I decided not to press the issue for now.

"That's because it's energy consuming. That only applies to those with magic power though. You couldn't do it even if you had a tattoo."

"So you're consuming more energy by carrying my things?!" That was unfair!

"And I'm thankful for that. You barely have a thing in your possession anyway," he grinned menacingly, probably implying that all I could do was obey.

Being reminded of his reaction back in my room, I kept my mouth shut. He was rather adamant about me staying with him. And, certainly, he pretended not to notice my expression which was full of displeasure. It would be a hassle making a scene in the middle of a public place.

It was not obvious at all that we were on our way out of the campus, but I had a feeling that everyone knew, judging by the way they were staring at us. Even though I never looked at them directly, I could discern basic emotions; anger, fear, jealousy, curiosity, relief. I could justify most of them. The mystery man and woman were leaving together after the little mess they had made. It wasn't hard to imagine what everyone would think considering the reputation that we had.

Hence, when we reached the entrance gate I couldn't help but feel a little relieved myself. Something was telling me that this wouldn't be the case after a while but at that moment, my mind was occupied by a sentiment of freedom and impatience. I would no longer have to tolerate the students' idiotic stares and I was about to explore a world completely new to me with the person that I cared about.

Astaroth... Who would imagine I could ever meet a man so special like him.

"Ready to go?" he glanced at me pointedly once we were in front of the imposing stone gate. Come to think of it, I had never got so close to the rest of the world.

I just nodded, unable to place my thoughts into words. Because a simple 'yes' wouldn't do. In any case, it was comforting to see that he was in relatively high spirits as well.

Under the predatory gaze of the guards, we let ourselves out of the place which had been home to us for at least several months.

"For how long have you been working here?" I continued my train of thought aloud.

"Everything at the right time," he smirked and visually scanned the area around us with clinical precision. "We should find a place to spend the night as soon as possible."

Right. I couldn't begin to imagine what kind of terrors would creep around us when it became dark. For the moment, I was astonished by the total absence of roads before us. There was only a vast, silent, never-ending forest. That was nothing like I imagined it while I was inside the enclosed campus area; I had always been somewhat accustomed to crowds. 

Astaroth took my hand and started walking towards the unknown.

"Do people use their magic to commute here?"

"Yes. I could teleport us somewhere but I'm not sure if they'll accept us easily. I have to save as much energy as possible in case of a fight."

"I see... I can't help feeling like a dead weight."

"Don't make me prove you wrong while we're out here," he threatened with a sinister smile. "Besides, it's me they wouldn't accept at an inn, not you."

Somehow, I felt that this was one crucial piece of information.

"Care to elaborate?"

Once again, no answer.

"I'll find out sooner or later, right?" I reluctantly asked as soon as I sensed his usual hesitation.

He nodded solemnly but as he was about to respond I added: "You're like Merihem, right?"

His eyes widened ever so slightly but, other than that, he was behaving normally. It wasn't surprising that I knew, was it?

"The campus has a blinding aura which doesn't allow people to sense of what nature is someone," he started explaining neutrally. "Surely, demons aren't allowed to teach or attend classes but, aside from that, there have been valuable visitors on campus who weren't wizards and didn't want to be treated differently. So, since long before I started working there, that has been the case."

"So is this 'barrier' raised here? Can others identify you as a demon?"

He imperceptibly flinched at my words. "Why are you taking this so easily?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Hearing that you killed someone was more shocking. Or maybe I don't know much about demons yet."

"You should be afraid of them," he spoke coldly as if my words had disturbed him.

"The demons I know aren't too terrifying."

Suddenly, Astaroth grabbed my arms and dragged me close so that I looked directly into his eyes.

"I haven't warned you enough, have I?" he was looking at me with pure rage again. "Shall I make you experience pain so that you'll learn?"

No matter his disturbingly apparent sudden change of heart, I couldn't stop myself from wanting to find out more this time. Was it trust that backed my courage or mere ignorance?

"Show me then," I challenged him.

He seemed to be trying to contain himself for a few seconds but a moment later his black hair turned silver. Just like before, his eyes looked somewhat frenzied and I could tell he couldn't think straight. Despite everything, I intended to go further. I wanted to finally see how bad he could really be with me. He wouldn't kill me this time, would he?

Ugh. That thought again. How could we be in a serious relationship when at the same time I was afraid of him taking my life? That was, of course, if we still were in a relationship. All at once, a feeling of emptiness overcame me – as if there would be nothing left to believe in if he betrayed me.

"Is that all you've got?" I asked, so calmly I even shocked myself.

In one swift move, he pushed me against the trunk of a giant tree, my arms still trapped inside the tight grasp of his hands. His skin started changing color and turned into the pitch black of a demon. That was my first time seeing him like this. But that still wasn't his true form, right?

Astaroth could kill me if he wanted to. He had his daggers and, of course, black magic. He could finish me by simply touching my head. There was still sanity inside those crazed eyes, no matter how badly he wanted to convince me of the opposite. I had to admit though, I would never expect him to be in this state. There was something attractive in that form of his. I knew that he wasn't the same as those cold-blooded killers one would hear about on the news. He somehow appeared admirable to me. His violence toward me wasn't meant to destroy but to prove a point. At least, as long as he had control over his brain.

The moment he sensed my approval of his current condition, he seemed to be getting even angrier; He wrapped his arm around my waist and forcefully pulled me closer so that our bodies were touching. When I glanced at his face, I noticed that his eyes, remaining unfocused, were avoiding mine. He started sucking on my neck while his free hand was rubbing the spot between my legs. 

I tried to ignore the pleasure he was giving me and concentrated on the issue at hand.

"Hard to see it as rape when it's consensual," I muttered dizzily, biting back a moan, and demanded more truth: "This is not you, Astaroth! I want to see y–"

"Shut up!" he snarled, cutting me off, and pushed the trunk backward ending up uprooting the entire tree.

Once again, I had landed on my back with him on top of me, his long silver hair embracing the sides of my head. A deep growl from within his throat and the sight before my eyes made me forget about the painful impact of my fall. 

I could now see his true form.

Click the Vote button if you enjoyed the story :)

Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57 0 16
Young, twenty one-year-old, Cassie Huwit wants a fresh start at trying to plan out her life. It doesn't go to plan and she is forced to start from th...
1.5K 9 22
TRIGGER WARNINGS IN DESCRIPTION A polyamorous relationship between an unusual mix of lovers. Each bold personality drawing Lydia in, leads to her ex...
715 16 15
She was hellfire. Her beauty was tantalizing. She was charismatic, ethereal, a true goddess. Men bowed in front of her alluring self. But she was the...
146K 2.7K 50
"Bastard." She whispered. "Your bastard." He whispered back. ~~~~~~~~★~~~~~~~~ A shy at first girl but wild once you get to know her. Her innocence i...