The Sea, The Stars, and Luna...

By ammurrin

*** this was written when I was 15, you've been warned*** [1st place winner of the Rose Awards] [#2 in diseas... More

playlist + character aesthetics
The Sea, The Stars, and Luna
PROLOGUE
PART ONE
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
PART TWO
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
PART THREE
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
EPILOGUE
the end
FAQ
yes, i'm crying
The Watty's 2019
sequel

chapter 16

1.8K 130 31
By ammurrin

never coming down willamette stone

Sebastian

I woke up with a girl laying on my chest. Her breaths were deep and peaceful and I watched as her chest rose and fell. Her brown hair was draped across her face and I gently moved it behind her ear. My heart beat faster by just looking at her.

I looked out at the sea that was moving placidly. A gentle breeze blew quietly as the sun was just rising, making it look almost like a painting. Thank goodness it wasn't.

Luna stirred and breathed in deep, turning her head and opening her eyes to look at me. She smiled and then closed her eyes again, letting out a huff of air.

"You tired?" I laughed.

"Just a little," she groaned and yawned cutely, making me turn away as my cheeks burned.

"Are we gonna drive around today and find a lighthouse?" I asked.

"Yes. Where are we gonna go?"

"Well, we'll climb that hill when we get there," I smiled. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, looking subtly at her hands and arms where bruises were starting to form. Dark bruises. I almost asked her about them, but she pulled down her sleeves so fast, I figured she didn't want to talk about it.

"Well, I say we say goodbye to the ocean and get on the road," she suggested.

"I think that's a good idea. Morning dip?"

"Yeah, but let me change into a bathing suit so I stop wasting clothes." She hopped out of the back and searched through the duffle bag.

She pulled out a black bikini and before running to the front of the car, she said, "No peeking!"

"I wouldn't think of it!" I called. Oh, but I did.

Soon, Luna came back around and sprinted to the water. I followed her as pure laughs erupted from both of us. Just two sick kids who were both screwed up in different ways, feeling the cold sea engulf us, and we didn't care about anything else but that.

The cold water enveloped me and pulled me in and the ocean foam formed around my ankles. My toes felt numb but I honestly didn't care. I watched as Luna splashed around in the dark water, smiling and laughing.

"Sebastian?" She said over the crashes of the waves.

"Yes?"

"Promise me one day we will come back here," she said, her eyes sparkling.

"I promise." I walked over to her and wrapped my arm around her waist. Very bold of me, I know. But I couldn't help myself.

"Don't you think it's too cold to watch the sunrise in the ocean?" I said, my teeth chattering.

She shook her head. "I'm okay. I can't even feel my toes."

"How does that make you okay?" I laughed.

"Because then I can stand here longer," she remarked.

"Alright, whatever you say."

***

After we watched the sunrise, Luna and I were back on the road again.

This time, Luna was behind the wheel.

I gave her a long lesson and many tips before even letting her hands on the wheel, but she passed her mini-quiz, so I had to let her. The whole drive was a straight highway and no turns, so I thought she'd be fine.

"Sebastian, I'm scared." She was clutching the steering wheel so hard her knuckles were turning white, in the ten and two position at least.

"Well, this won't work if you're scared. You're doing fine, Luna you're keeping the speed and you're in your lane you have nothing to worry about."

"But what if we get pulled over, we'll get fined or taken to jail," she said, her voice shaky.

"No, we won't. You're doing fine just concentrate on the road and breathe," I said calmly.

It had been about an hour before Luna had to finally turn off of the big highway. This drive gave her time to calm down, but turning was new territory. Her panic was back and it was making me nervous.

"Okay Luna, there's a lighthouse down this road according to my travel pamphlet. You have to signal to the right, slow down and turn okay?"

"Which way is right?" She panicked, tapping the brake with her foot continuously.

"Flick the handle up and slow down faster or we'll miss our turn," I said. She reached her hand over and hit the signal and returned her hand back to the wheel quickly. She has gotten less nervous than before though, so I was happy about that.

"Okay brake more, brake more!" I said. She pressed hard on the brake and sent me into a fit of whiplash.

I laughed. "Okay, turn. Not too much okay just steer us onto the road." I rubbed my neck.

She breathed and turned the wheel to the right, somehow managing to stay perfectly on the road and take us off the highway. I'm glad that the freeway was quiet and no one was behind us, it made it less stressful for both of us.

"That was perfect! Besides the abrupt braking that was perfect Luna."

"Really?" She smiled, breathing heavily.

"Yes. Slow down a little the limit here is 50 and you're doing 65," I said. She pressed the brake hard again and she winced.

"Sorry."

"Got a heavy foot, my dear?" I laughed.

"I guess I do," she giggled.

"I'm really surprised actually, you did great. Although I was a little worried," I reasoned.

"What? Why?"

"Luna I trusted you a lot with my life just now. I took you out onto the highway for your first attempt at driving."

"Why on earth would you do that?" She said, finally realizing what she just did. "I could've killed us both!"

"And you didn't. And now you have a taste for the road. You're doing good just focus on the road," I reassured her.

I took a sip of my bottle of water and watched as she kept checking her mirrors and keeping both her hands on the wheel. Watching her, I could see how focused she could be, how determined she was about things. No matter how scared she was. It was admirable.

"Okay take a left up here, slow down," I said. She pressed the brake a little less abruptly this time, not causing any whiplash or harm to our necks, and took the turn.

"That was so good! Are you proud?" She asked, heavily breathing.

"That was a perfect turn, but you forgot to signal."

She groaned and smacked her forehead with the palm of her hand.

"Both hands on the wheel, both hands on the wheel," I repeated.

"Sorry! Sorry," she laughed.

I guided Luna into the parking lot, and after six failed attempts, she finally parked the car. It was a little to the right and taking up another spot, but she was a little too frustrated and jumpy to perfectly get it in her spot.

"I can't believe I just drove a vehicle for the first time and I didn't kill anyone."

"That'll be a story for your parents, eh?" I laughed.

"Uh, no way. They'd kill me. Let's just keep that between us."

"My lips are sealed." I pretended to zip and throw away the key, earning a beautiful smile in return.

***

a/n:

I hope you liked the story! Let me know how you liked the chapter and if you did, leave a vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

622 1 13
Oh, the life of a teenage girl. It seems like high school never gets easier especially when it comes to love. Happiness was like a diamond, rare unti...
291 91 25
They say life is a gift. You're supposed to smile and be grateful. But there comes a time when you realize that living a lie is no way to live. And w...
56K 2K 37
This book is dedicated to all fighters either battling life threatening diseases, life problems, depression or anything at all. Keep fighting 'cause...
1.3M 66.7K 37
We all have someone who is hidden in the bottom of our hearts. When we think of him, we will always feel a little pain inside, but still we can't for...