The Queen's Maid

By dayxdreamer11

• C O M P L E T E D & O N E D I T I N G • BOOK ONE OF THE SERVANT SERIES Anne Ashton is a girl who's going... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
About Book two
About book two, again

Twenty Two

769 25 0
By dayxdreamer11

I walk through the long hallway, looking forward and lost in thought. Why is the queen always dismissed Lily first? Why doesn't she just dismissed both of us when I finished my work and we both can go back to our room together? I mean, I only work more longer than Lily by 5 minutes or so.

But, I guess the queen dismissed her first because there's something she doesn't want Lily to know. But why? I mean, we are her maids. I have the same job here as Lily. Why? 

I bump into someone's hard body, and I fall backwards. His hands hold my upper arms tightly, preventing me from falling to the marble floor. I look up and see Conor looking down at me. I quickly take a step back and grinned as I realised it's really him.

"Conor!" I throw my arms around his neck him, hugging him with excitement and joy running in my veins, feeling too happy that Conor works in here with me.

He let out a little chuckle and wrap his arms around my back gently. "Anne." We hold onto each other for a moment, feeling grateful for seeing each other and knowing we would be working in the same place for years, and we let go of each other, grinning. 

"You work in here too?" He asked, a wide grin still plastered onto his amused face.

"Yeah. I actually already know you work here since yesterday." I smile at him.

"Really? Wow, how can I not realized it?" He laughed a little.

"You look like you're in hurry yesterday so I don't want to interrupt you." I shrugged.

"I can't believe you're here." He said, shaking his head slightly in disbelief.

"Yeah, me too."

"Uh, I guess I have to go now. I'm in my shift now. See you later?" He said, his right eyebrow raised slightly, make me laugh a little in amusement.

"I'll see you later."

We share a smile and walk towards the opposite direction,  and the smile still has it place on my face as I walk.

Finally I can talk to him for a bit, I miss his voice. It's just feels great that I can see him and talk to him again. And now I know, I can talk to him everyday from now on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Selected By SmilerXO

Historical Fiction

282K 11.9K 26
[COMPLETED] The royal palace was holding a competition choosing the most beautiful girls in the whole kingdom to compete. Their prize? Simple, they g...
627K 20.8K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
584 66 71
Princess Ilami hates making decisions, which is fine because her older brother Edur makes them all for her. When the last heir to the enemy kingdom f...
61 0 19
Valiant Valerie, A student of sword, Would not be a lady's maid, She would get much too bored. Valerie doesn't want to be a lady's maid, she doesn't...