Dark Love

De luminous-pixie

16+/ When the innocence of a sheltered girl collides with the destructive force of a troubled man, their inev... Mais

Dark Love
Epigraph
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1- Sneaking out
Chapter 2 - First encounters
Chapter 2.2 - Danger
Chapter 4 - Sweet complications
Chapter 5 - Family dinners
Chapter 6 - Bad news
Chapter 7 - His apartment
Chapter 8 - Farewell
Chapter 9 - Pool fun
Chapter 10 - Private apologies
Chapter 11 - Uninviting parties
Chapter 12 - Apologies 2.0
Chapter 13 - The beach
Chapter 14 - Dark revelations
Chapter 15 - After-effects
Chapter 16 - The mall
Chapter 17 - Text messages
Chapter 18 - Possessive threats
Chapter 19 - Parker
Chapter 20 - Sinful pleasure
The Thorns To Her Rose
Chapter 21 - Road trips
Chapter 22 - Obsession
Chapter 23 - Dark desires
Chapter 24 - Tension
Chapter 25 - Forbidden romance
Chapter 26 - Lost trust
Chapter 27 - Broken hearts
Chapter 28 - Scary night out
Chapter 29 - Insanity
Chapter 30 - Mentally trapped
Chapter 31 - Secrets and lies
Chapter 32 - Confrontation
Chapter 33 - Party planning
Chapter 34 - Seeking forgiveness
Chapter 35 - Questioning friendships
Chapter 36 - Birthday girl
Chapter 37 - First dates
Chapter 38 - Beach appetite
Chapter 39 - Pink hair
Chapter 40 - Cabin trips
Chapter 41 - Desperate longing
Chapter 42 - Close call
Chapter 43 - Back to school
Chapter 44 - Dear diary
Chapter 45 - Repercussions
Chapter 46 - Leaving him
Chapter 47 - He's back
Chapter 48 - Punishing mistakes
Chapter 49 - Stolen desire
Chapter 50 - Revealed truths
Chapter 51 - Bloody hands
Chapter 52 - Hidden truths
Chapter 53 - Hollow grief
Chapter 54 - Therapy
Chapter 55 - The accused
Chapter 56 - The truth
Chapter 56.2 - Goodbyes
Chapter 57 - The funhouse
The Epilogue
Book 2 - Dark Temptation
Future stories🥀

Chapter 3 - Unexpected visitors

87.2K 2.2K 1.4K
De luminous-pixie

Unexpected Visitors

**❤**

The wind rushed pass me in a hurry as soon as I opened the car door, causing shivers to roll down my spine. If I knew it would have been so cool out, I would've brought one of my hoodies. I breathed in the salty smell of air with anticipation, enjoying the freshness of the atmosphere.

Standing up straightly, I tried for a final time to pull Bella's incredibly heavy body out of the car, but failed miserably. I muttered incoherent words under my breath.

To be honest, I wasn't exactly driving with a sober mind. After Logan offered me a drink, I was too out of it to decline. The way he made me feel, I could only think of it as exhilaration. It was certain that he was one of a kind, he was intense, and seemed to have me under some kind of spell.

Luckily, I was sane enough to drive very slowly, in hopes of not crashing into a tree or something.

In conclusion of tonight, all I could say was I should rather stay away from him. Even though I doubt I would ever come across him again, I really had to stop thinking about him. He was definitely too much for me to handle. Toxic, intense and downright bad.

"Bella," I whisper-yelled. She groaned in response and made no move to wake up.

A loud sigh escaped my lips as I blew my damp hair out of my face. If I knew she would have passed out during the drive, I would have blasted loud music just to keep her awake. At the rate my best friend was drinking, I wouldn't be surprised if she woke up at noon tomorrow with a raging headache.

From what I have read, hangovers are extremely painful. Some people get it worst than others.

"Wake up. It past one am." I told her. Sadly, it was true. After spending the whole night with Logan, drinking, dancing, kissing, I had wasted time and came home later than I had anticipated.

He took my first kiss. And my second. And third. And after that, I couldn't keep track of the amount of kisses we had shared. The amount of times he touched me in places I would have thought as inappropriate.

Tonight was a mistake.

A guy like Logan could not like me. He was way too old and I was way too young and socially awkward to be able to like him. He was something else, something I was not supposed to meet but I had.

Now why does it feel like tonight was the most adventurous night of my life?

Was it supposed to feel this good?

"Bellaaaa." I dragged out her name in exasperation. It was fair to say I was the weakest creature I have ever met. I couldn't even carry my four years old cousin without toppling over. Where would I be able to carry Bella?

"Seriously if you don't wake up I have to leave you here in the car. I'm not kidding." I warned. She let out a groan in response, before her eyes slowly opened.

It was about damn time.

"Why...What are we doing outside?" She asked hoarsly. Her breath smells strongly of alcohol, I couldn't identify what kind but it wasn't good.

"I drove us home. Now unless you want me to leave you here, cooperate with me."

"I can't. My legs are wobbly and I have a headache." She squinted her eyes at the moon, a sour look on her face. "Why the hell is the moon so bright? Damn."

"It's nature's way of telling you to get inside before you catch a cold." I said pointedly, resting against the car door.

"Ask Ben to carry me. Tell him I'll pay him with hugs tomorrow." Her voice grew quiet and her eyes drooped, I knew she was fighting to stay awake.

It was my turn to groan in exhaustion. Not only was her head paining, but there was a dull ache at the back of my eyes too. It was hard enough carrying my own body, supporting hers to will take a lot of exertion I didn't think I had that much.

I pulled my phone out and dialled Ben's number from the back of my head. He has been my trusted bodyguard since I was a kid. My parents paid him loads of money to keep me safe wherever I went. He was practically my second father, and if I had to admit I was more opened up to him than my actual father. My dad was always so cold, barely have any humour in him and never took our feelings into consideration. He was always busy with work, and had more time for clients than his own family. He kept strict rules in the house, but was barely there to make sure we abided by them. Me being the biggest good girl of the century always followed the rules anyway, in fear of getting in trouble with the parentals.

Ben answered on the first ring, as always. "Benny! I'm so happy to hear of you." I sugar-coated my voice. He had been given a month off of work, and he stays in the workers counters in my father's territory. So he was barely a mile away.

"Seraphina, why are you calling so late?" His voice was thick with sleep. I suddenly felt bad for waking him.

"I have a situation." I said in a small voice.

"What's wrong?" I could sense the immediate alarm in his tone, but quickly assured him I was safe.

"You see, Bella and I snuck out to a party after Gabriel said we couldn't go. Now we're back and Bell is passed out cold and I really need your help sneaking us in. I can't carry her on my own and Jeremy is already suspicious." I said in one breath, referring to the guard at the gate. I had to come up with some really good excuse as to why Bella and I were out so late at night, and stupidly enough Jeremy believed me. My parents had to seriously get him in check if he believed my bad excuse.

"Seraphina," Ben sighed. "This is so unlike you. I told you not to be influenced by that friend of yours."

"Please, Ben. You told me you would be there when I need you and now I need you." I pouted slightly. I always did this when I wanted to get my way.

"Alright. Just wait there. You're already letting my faithfulness fail towards your parents, kid."

"I know and I'm sorry." I apologised sincerely.

All the times I let him lie to my parents wad unbelievable. The called ended with a beep, leaving me standing there alone.

With a snoring Bella.

I chuckled when I looked at her, she was a jumbled mess. Alcohol stains on her dress and her hair all over the place.

Let's just hope that my parents didn't find out about this. Or I would be in serious trouble.

***

"Thanks so much." I hugged Ben tightly, grateful that he wss always there for me.

"No problem, princess. I'm just very sad that you're all grown up. Going to parties, I would've never imagined." he smiled sadly.

"Oh please, I'm only sixteen." I giggled.

"Right now go to bed, kiddo. And remember to lock up safely."

"I will."

With a wave, Ben exited the backdoor entrance. I closed and locked the door behind him, tapping in the pass code.

Seraphina Natalia101.

My father gave every door a pass code with my full name and a different number after it. The backdoor was my name and middle name 101 whereas the both front doors are my name and a different number. He changed them when I was born, and claimed me to be the best thing that happened to this family. As my parents had three boys in a row, they were really happy to have me. I didn't like how they could try to control me all the time, but I always pretended to be okay with it.

I let out a long breath and hopped onto one of the kitchen counters chairs. To be very honest I was not very tired right then. I couldn't seem to get Logan out of my head. Sleep was the one thing I pretty much need now, but I didn't feel tired at all.

What I also need...

Is a huge glass of milk.

Getting off the chair, which took much needed effort due to my ridiculous height, I strolled over to the fridge. Courtesy to my parents, I always had to drink low fat milks to keep myself healthy, and only one glass every day. Certain foods like bread, bagels or pasta had to be very low in calories before I got to eat them. That's the reason why our pantree is filled with healthy foods and that's also why I keep a hidden stash of candies in my room. Gabriel is the only person to know that, and he promised not to tell if I didn't tell my parents about his weekly conquests and addiction to cigarettes. If my parents found out, they would threaten to stop depositing money to his credit card.

Which meant an awful lot to him.

And...my candies meant an awful lot to me too.

With my thoughts spiralling from tonights events and how incredibly attractive Logan was, I soundly walk up to bed with my milk in one hand. I didn't get much sleep, mainly because I couldn't get over how I crushed the wall of the shell that kept me cooped up in all these years, and also that I would possibly never see Logan again. Maybe another reason could be Bella's snoring but that didn't bother me much anymore as I was used to it. The fact that tonight was a once off thing with Logan really saddened me. But it was not possible to develop feelings for someone over one night, was it?

Sadly, I was in for a rude awakening.

***

I felt someone poking my left rib, causing me to groan in annoyance. I lifted my head off my pillow and towards a half sleeping Bella lying next to me. She had a dazed look on her face; probably the hangover, but seemed to be partially sleeping as well.

"Bella, can you please stop poking your finger into my side?" I asked in annoyance. I was usually a happy morning person, but I had only fallen asleep past four in the morning.

"I need something to diminish the pain in my head." She groaned out, her morning voice raspy.

"And cause me pain? Gee, thanks a lot." I mumbled, my eyes starting to flutter close.

I didn't know if Bella saw me dancing with Logan, but I got one hell of a story to tell her. She would be so proud of me; it was my first night being at a party, drinking, being intimate with a guy, kissing a stranger and dancing with him too. This had to go in my diary, and as embarrassing as it was I have to jot this down in there. I couln't live without that small, green and gold book. As Bella has the attention span of my shoe, I can't speak as much to her as I do to my diary.

"Don't sleep," She slapped my arm. I winced at the force. "I need something for my head. It feels like there's a bus currently parked on it." She whined, gently rubbing her head.

"Well, I wasn't the one who decided to drink all the beer in the bar so don't put your problems on me."

She slapped me again.

"Please before I die."

I breathed in deeply, resisting the urge to slap her upside the head.

"Fine, I'll run down for some asprin." I sighed in defeat, feeling all need to sleep fade. I could never go back to sleep after I have woken up. But what I could do was curse the person who had woken me up.

"Awesome, I'll probably need ten of those so just bring the whole box."

Ignoring her request I stomped towards the door, in attempt to make her realise what a nuisance she was but as soon as I was gone her eyes drooped forward again. Could this girl get any more lazier? If you have experienced being her best friend for years, you would know exactly what I was taking about.

I rubbed my head gently as I descended the long stairs on the east wing, wearing nothing more than my pj shorts and tank top with my cupcake printed socks. My hair was messily sprawled on top of my head, looking like a birds nest. I didn't usually leave my room looking so horrendous in the mornings, but I would make an exception for today seeing as I didn't really want to be a victim of Bella's poking finger and I also have a small but noticeable ache in my head.

I still wonder if Gabriel came to check on me last night, and fear to know what he had done when he realised I wasn't there. That's if he had realised. I doubt so because knowing him he would have probably called the police, and I didn't see any police cars outside which was a good sign.

Yawning tiredly I stretched my arms high, or as my height could get them. At my arrival to the kitchen, I prepared to open the large double doors but stopped short when I heard boisterous male laughter coming from inside. My body came to a halt, as I stared at the door in curiosity.

Has Sebastian and Mikhail come to visit us?

Unless Gabriel has finally shown his true, weird self and was laughing to himself while he cooked breakfast, I doubted there was less than two people in there. I glanced down at my morning attire, which was pretty revealing. My shorts ended mid thigh and my tank top showed my belly button. My cupcake socks ended below my knee, giving me a tempting yet childish look.

If it was just my brothers, there couldn't be a problem right?

Placing my hand on the cold, golden door handle I opened the door before walking inside.

My eyes met intense blue ones and held them for a solid ten seconds, before it trailed all the way downwards to the naked glory of Logan.

I felt shock lining my system, causing me to to physically step back.

"Oh hey, little sis. Thought you'd never wake up." Gabriel's voice broke me from my internal shock. He stood against the kitchen island, chugging down a glass of water.

"Seraphina meet my friend Logan, and Logan meet my little sister, Seraphina."

If there was one thing I was positive about what happened in the next moment, it was that my jaw had just dropped.

To my feet's level.

**❤**

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts♡

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

3.6K 215 9
They're both in for a date they'll never forget... Rachel is sick, and all she has ever wanted is to be normal. So after packing up and moving to a...
348K 3.8K 39
Enemies don't look at each other the way you do. !!THE BOOK IS GOING TO BE EDITED SOON!! After the problem she went through and escaping her abusive...
349K 8.3K 31
BEWARE: the writing in this is from when I was younger, and is extremely cringey and cliche. I advise you not to read this because the writing in thi...
3.9K 112 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much...