Change Of Plans

By DelaneyStyles18

Try being in Janelle's shoes. One bestfriend leaving her, and her crush being forced to move away. She only h... More

Chapter 1- The new guy
Chapter 2- Drinks and phone calls
Chapter 3- Let the drama begin!
Chapter 4- When two forces collide
Chapter 5- Date plans
Chapter 6- Why am I so beautiful?
Chapter 7- Dinner gone bad
Chapter 8- We Are Young!
Chapter 9- Kisses and Surprises
Chapter 10- Fake boyfriend asked me... whaaaaat?!
Chapter 11- The unwanted visitor
Chapter 12- So the jerk has a sweet side, who knew.
Chapter 13- Costumes, oh joy....
Chapter 14- Stuck in the past
Chapter 15- Romeo and Juliet
Chapter 16- Flirtatious Janelle!
Chapter 17- Hangover and Kisses
Chapter 18- Confessions
Chapter 19- Spooning Sober? I think yes!
Chapter 20- Caught
Chapter 21- Surprise, surprise.
Chapter 22- Betrayed
Chapter 24- Janessy moments
Chapter 25- Falling in love
Chapter 26- Make-overs, movies, and dancing.
Chapter 27- Home, sweet home?
Chapter 28- Looking for answers
Chapter 29- Deja Vu
Chapter 30- DNA
Chapter 31- Roadtrip time
Chapter 32- L.A. With the Sky brothers

Chapter 23- Arrival

156 3 3
By DelaneyStyles18

The next couple of days were hard. The thought of my dad having an affair with Lucy, almost around the time my mom found out she was pregnant with me, made my heart ache. I couldn't lie and say that I wasn't also disgusted. I was disgusted with my father, and I was bothered that my mom probably knew and did nothing. That's not like her. I was so thankful to have Jessy back in my life. Without him, my family would've been torn apart that day.

I sat on the living room floor playing with John as I waited for Jessy to call me and tell me it was time. I was glad it was a three day weekend. Three days out of here, without my parents. I was going to try and forget, but I knew that was going to be really hard, especially since im going to miss them more than anything while I'm away. It's for the best though.

"Janelle, you're not driving!" John shook my leg and pointed at my little car in my hand with anger.

"Sorry kiddo!" I said and began to play again. I couldn't let John know that something was bothering me. He was a smart kid, so he knew when I was hurting.

I was happy-ish to leave to L.A. but leaving John was going to be hard. Jessy said that if I did move, I could bring John up with me as much as I could. I wish John wouldn't mind, much less my parents. Or maybe I would travel back and forth. I don't mind. As long as I still have my little brother in my life, it'll be fine.

"Hey sweetie, where's Jessy?" My mom came out of the kitchen and sat on the sofa. My heart tightened a little.

"He's coming. He texted me a few minutes ago. He told me to be ready." I said while driving my little car beside John's on the carpet.

"Be safe." She warned.

"I know." I said. I knew what she meant, and I doubt that with my mind being so jacked up, anything will happen.

"I'm not joking Janelle." My mother warned again.

I rolled my eyes. "Mom, I know better than that."

We fell silent, and the only thing in the room was John's car noises. It was awkward, well for me. Then Brianna's face popped in my mind. My sister... I shook my head and tried to forget. Where the hell was Jessy?

"My heart's a stereo, it beats for you so listen close-"

My ringtone went off and I picked it up quickly. It was Jessy. One night when we were walking along the beach, we heard that song off a car's stereo and he decided that that was going to be our song. Random. But I went home that night and downloaded it and now use it whenever he called me. He did the same.

"Hello?" I answered.

"You ready?" He asked.

"You bet." I said and he told me to go outside. I left the car on the floor and stood up.

"Where you goin'?" John's voice broke my heart and I scooped him up and he dropped his car on the floor too.

"I'm going on vacation for a while. Just three days. I'll be back soon." I said and kissed the side of his head.

"Promise?" He asked.

I didn't want to lie to him so I kissed his cheek. "I'll be back." I said and set him on the ground because if I held him any longer, I knew I was never going to be able to leave.

"Bye sweetie." My mother said and hugged the life out of me.

I sadly hugged her back. We broke off and I grabbed my bag from the sofa and made my way to the door.

"Call me when you land." My mother said as I walked to the door.

"I will! Tell dad... I said bye." I called over my shoulder.

"I will honey! Take care!" She said and with another wave goodbye to John, who was now into his toys, closed the door from behind me.

Jessy was leaning casually on his car, watching me. I smiled as I walked closer to him. I hugged him by the waist and he wrapped his arms around me. He leaned down and kissed me. I felt safe again. As if I belonged here all along.

He pulled away first and whispered as he pressed his forhead against mine. "You ready to see what my life is like?"

I felt like he was trying to get me nervous, but I was more than prepared. "Bring it." I replied and smiled as he laughed.

"Then let's get going." He said and I walked backwards to let him open the door for me.

I tossed my bag inside the car first, and right when I was about to get inside the passengers seat, someone called my name. A voice that was so familiar, yet was suddenly so strange. I turned around and saw Noah running towards us. What did he want now? Was he trying to stop me from going?

"What Noah?" I asked in a cold tone. I didn't care that he was my best friend, he had ignored me.

"So you're going to L.A." Noah stated the obvious and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, so?" I annoyedly asked.

"No need to get so snappy, gosh Janelle." Noah easily laughed but I kept my serious face. If he thought that I was going to forgive him that easily, he was wrong. "Oh come on Janelle. Laugh a bit."

"Haha." I sarcastically said and began to get in Jessy's car again. But Noah's hand on my arm stopped me. "What Noah?"

"Have fun. I mean it." His eyes looked sincere, but they were still a strangers.

"Thanks." I mumbled and pulled my arm free from his grasp.

"And be safe!" He said and pointed to Jessy and smiled. "I don't want no little kid running around screaming, 'Uncle Noah, Uncle Noah!'"

I let a smiled appear on my lips and Jessy replied. "Got that covered man!"

"Have a safe trip." Noah said and I finally got inside the car.

Jessy started the car and within seconds, we were on our way to the airport. Jessy kept asking me if I was nervous, but I would just reply with a no. And I wasn't. His life was probably as normal as mine. Maybe with more people, but it's all the same after all.

We got to the airport parking lot, and Jessy parked his car under the airport garage. We were coming back Monday night, so we might as well leave it here for when we come back. He took my hand in his as we walked through the door and into the airport. We got our tickets and since we had no luggage, we didn't have to wait too long. My purse was the only thing checked, but I wasn't leaving that for a second. We ate some food at one of the airport restaurants while we waited for our plane to come. It would've felt like forever, but Jessy's conversations didn't bore me at all. We always had something to talk about.

After what was a long time our plane was called and we made our way to our plane. Since Jessy wanted to show me how his life-style was, he picked 1st class. I refused. But it was either that or his private air-plane. I rolled my eyes as we sat on our nice seats. I would've been okay with second class. Stupid Jessy.

"Just two more hours." He said.

"Can't wait." I said and smiled.

"What do you wanna do right when we get there?" He asked me.

I looked out the window and looked back to the place I grew up. "Buy some pj's."

He probably thought I was joking because he burst out laughing and after two minutes of continous laugher, looked at me in confusion. "You're not joking?"

"What am I supposed to sleep in then?"

"Nothing." He smirked and gave me a wink. We burst out laughing and after we calmed down, everyone around us was stairing at us. I forgot that these kinds of people hated to laugh. Or so I read.

A blonde girl then sat next to Jessy, across the aisle, and stared at Jessy. She was completely ignoring my stare. She was set on Jessy.

Jessy noticed that I was stairing behind me, and followed my gaze. The blonde immediatly grinned and jumped up in her seat.

"I knew it was you! Gosh, you're so hot! Even better in person!" The blonde barbie said and Jessy nodded.

"Why thank you." He polietly said and I knew him well enough to know that he was using his uncomfortable tone. I smiled to myself as the girl tried to flirt with him.

"So I guess we're both flying back to L.A!" She shrieked and I rolled my eyes. I knew where this was going.

"Well, this is the only plane flying there." Jessy said and she burst into giggles. She even touched his arm lightly. That was a major flirt move.

"You're soo funny!" She said and grinned like crazy.

"Thanks!" Jessy was grinning back at her, fakely. Then he turned to me, then back at her. "My girlfriend tells me the same thing too! Right babe?"

All four eyes landed on me and I politely smiled at her, even though it bothered me that she was hitting on him hardcore. "You are quite the jokester babe!"

Jessy about dyied when I replied. He laughed and so did I. Jessy didn't really mind fans that came up to him and practically flirted with him. They were just fans that were in love. Jessy highly respected that. But he also told me that sometimes there's crazy fans that you gotta find a way to let them down easy. This girl was hunting, and wanted Jessy.

"Well my mom's calling me, nice meeting you Jessy Sky." The girl's happy voice went sour and she got up before another word was said. She sat about fours behind us and I kind of felt bad. I could tell that Jessy felt bad too.

"Happens alot, doesn't it?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I feel terrible turning them down, but, I have a girlfriend now." He smiled and took my hand in his. "Besides, she just wanted my body."

"Oh you poor baby." I teased him and he chuckled.

The plane started moving after a couple minutes, the attendants explained all the rules, and after we were in the air, Jessy and I cuddled in our seats. We talked the whole time, and he was telling the all the do's and dont's. He was telling me about what he normally went through, and warned me about his fans. I told him I didn't mind the fact that fans wanted to take pictures with him though. I remember that little girl in Mitch's Burger's and remember thinking it was the cutest thing ever. But when he warned me about the paparazzi, he made it sound like it was the most horrible thing ever.

"I have no idea if they know im coming. But if they do, they will all be waiting for me outside. Since I have been m.i.a. for weeks now, they want to know what's new. And when they see you, they will begin to attack you with questions." He said and my heart sped a little. Attack?

"You brought your ipod and headphones, right?" He asked me.

"In my bag, just like you said." I replied and pulled them out.

"Good. Just put them in when we go outside. And full blast the music. Grab my hand and just focus on me." Jessy sounded so serious, but I knew that he was doing this to protect me.

"Jessy, you make it sound so bad." I said and tried to brush it off with a smile.

"I can get bad. Trust me." He said and then focused again on what he was saying. "But if they aren't there, you can lower down your music until I tell you to take them off, alright?"

"Sure thing." I said and tried to not make it into a big deal.

After a while, I checked my watch and we only had about twenty minutes until we landed. I tried not to get nervous, but my heart was racing faster and faster as the time flew by. Jessy told me everything I needed to know, and I was scared of how I was going to be treated. I never knew how much stuff I also had to do to make it seem like I belonged. Jessy told me to not freak out if I saw another celebrity, but how could I not? I was just another girl, being a fan. If I saw Zac Efron or Ryan Gossling, there was no way that I was not going to fangirl. Just saying.

"Ready babe?" He asked and I nervously smiled. "You'll be okay." He said and kissed my forhead. Soon my nerves left and I felt safe with Jessy by my side.

We got off the plane, and walked inside the building. We had no bags, so we walked right up to the door where we could exit. There was no paparazzi to be seen, but either way Jessy made me place my headphones in. He said that we could never be too sure. They could be hiding. So I blasted my music in my ears, put on my sun glasses, took Jessy's hand, fixed my eyes on his back, and walked out the door behind him.

If Jessy wouldn't have been so protective, and better safe than sorry, I don't know what I would've done. Right when the Paparazzi spotted Jessy, they ran to our way. I slightly turned to see who half of them were taking pictures of, and it was Taylor Swift! I was about to scream out her name, but got distracted when a flash crossed my eyes. I looked down, away from them, and fixed my eyes on Jessy's feet. I couldn't hear them but I knew they were talking to me. The fact that I was holding Jessy's hand was probably causing them to ask me who I was to him. I just tried to focus on our song and looked at Jessy the whole time.

Jessy had called one of his friends earlier so he could meet us outside the airport. Jessy spotted him and we made our way faster to the car. I tried to keep up with Jessy as he walked faster and faster, and the paparazzi was getting angry at me. I wasn't answering any of their questions.

One of the paparazzi bumped into me and I must've made a sound or something because Jessy turned around and pulled me infront of him. I saw his friend open the back door, probably for me, and I rushed and then jumped inside. Jessy jumped in after me and wrapped his arms around me. I closed my eyes, and tried to get the flashes of the cameras out of my way.

His friend closed the door and he made his way to the drivers seat after struggling past the paparazzi and began the car. I opened my eyes and dared to look up, they snapped a quick picture and I hid my face again.

"Excuse me!" His friend yelled out to the paparazzi and after a while, they let us move. I was surprised that he had even said excuse me after they had attacked us like that.

"Janelle, are you okay?" Jessy worriedly asked and I got out of my shock and really tried to understand how I felt myself.

"What a rush!" I happily said and his jaw fell to the ground. I laughed, "What?"

"I thought you would be terrified!" He explained and smiled. "You looked so scared!"

"Did I?" I asked and laughed again.

"Yes! And the way they were attacking you..."

"Im fine, really. Besides, I knew it was coming." I said and shrugged. "It was kinda fun too. The adrenaline rush to get out! Wow!"

Jessy and his friend, I think his name was Jacob, were laughing. Were they laughing at me? Maybe, but it didn't look like it was the mean laugh. I guess they were quite surprised at my reaction. Were they really expecting me to freak out and cry because of the paparazzi? Jessy should've known!

Once we got to what I believe is Jessy's house, Jacob parked infront of, Jessy opened the door and helped me out. He walked up the stairs and opened the door with his key. He led me in and I looked around his place. It was surprisingly cleaned and it looked really nice. I could tell that a woman had decorated this house.

"Welcome home babe." Jessy said and I smiled. I could probably get used to that. Jessy liked the way it sounded too because he swept me off my feet by wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me up to kiss me. I smiled against his lips and then laughed when he began to spin me.

"Stop!" I laughed and he slowly put me back down, but held on to my hand. We turned to see the awkward looking Jacob and I felt myself blush in embarressment.

"Hey, thanks so much man!" Jessy said and left me to go hug his best friend who he hasn't seen for weeks.

"No problem bro!" Jacob said and did the guy hug. I smiled at how cheesy they looked doing it. But it made Jessy seem kinda hot. Manly.

"Hey, I'll text you later." Jessy said as Jacob began to walk back to the front door.

"Yeah, we still on for tomorrow?" Jacob asked Jessy.

"I don't know, I'll let you know." Jessy replied and he quickly shot me a look. He was probably worried about leaving me alone for a bit, but I was a big girl. Besides, he needed a guys night out! He missed his friend, so he should party a bit with him. I didn't want to be one of those bitchy girlfriends who kept her boyfriend home all the time.

"Alright," Jacob said and then he quickly turned to look at me. "Nice meeting you Janelle!"

"You too Jacob!" I said and smiled while waving goodbye. We only talked a bit on the way over here, and he was such a good guy.

Jacob left and Jessy turned to me after locking the door. He smiled and pulled me back into his arms when he reached me. His hands landed on my hips and I ran my hands up his arms and hugged his neck. I pulled him closer to me and our forheads pressed against each other. I think he liked when we did that, because when I would open my eyes, he was always smiling.

"You know, a tour of your place would be nice." I said and smiled at him.

"Which place?" He smirked and I laughed. He was still the same old pervy Jessy. I like.

"Your house." I said and then smirked. "For now."

I didn't let myself see his face expression as I turned around and walked out of his embrace. He was probably smirking of something.

"Wait! I wanna show you something!" He said and took my hand and began to jog. I jogged behind him up the stairs and into a maze of a hallway. We walked into what I believe is his room and he opened a window door. We walked outside, and then he stopped. "Look."

I looked away from him and to the background. To the view of this room. It was the whole city. Los Angeles. How high were we? This was so amazing! And the Hollywood sign was not too far away. The view was amazing and I could feel my jaw drop.

"You wake up to this every morning?" I asked him, still breath taken.

"And come to it at night." He said. "It's more amazing at night."

I could just imagine it at night. How beautiful it would look! I leaned against the balcony fence and leaned over to see his pool. It was so tempting on such a hot day like this! Oh yeah, with what bathing suit though.

"Jessy?" I asked and turned to look at him. "Can we go shopping? I really need some clothes."

I hated asking him to buy me stuff, but he said to bring nothing, or see all my stuff in the trash the next morning. Knowing him he would do it. Better safe than sorry.

"Oh, right!" He said and grabbed my hand again. "This way sweet thang."

I followed him back downstairs and into his garage. He had two cars sitting in there and my heart felt so little in my chest. One was a beautiful white Range Rover, and the other one was a black convertable. If only he knew I wanted the Range Rover.

"Take your pick." He said, but he didn't sound cocky at all. That's what I liked about Jessy. He had all these things, but he wasn't cocky about it. Ever.

"Rover." I instantly said and cautiously ran my fingertips over the car. The smoothness and freshness tickled my scenses. I was in love. With a car!

He chuckled and clicked the Rover to open. I excitedly opened the passenger's seat and jumped in. I touched the inside of the car and I was so happy! I tried to soak it all in.

"Wanna rape my car any more?" Jessy joked.

I laughed and we pulled out of the garage. We began to go down the street and then Jessy suddenly stopped. He rolled his window down and shouted, "Zac!" My heart began to pound hard against my chest. I was so fangirling right now.

I leaned over and saw a shirtless Zac Efron cutting his lawn. He saw Jessy and jogged his way over. I was ready to die once I saw his ripped abs and to know that he was so close to me. fangirling all the way here!

"Hey! Man, you're back!" Zac said and did a hand shake with Jessy.

"Yeah, just for a couple days, then I'm back home." Jessy said.

"Just a couple days? What for?" Zac's sexy voice carried all the way to my ears. I wonder if that's how some girls feel when they meet Jessy........

"I brought my girlfriend to get to know my crazy life." Jessy bragged about me and I felt myself blush.

"No way! How is she holding up so far?" Zac was smiling so beautifuly now.

"First hour and she did amazing! She thought meeting the paparatzzi was a rush." Jessy said and I could feel my cheeks flamming red.

"What? Wow. That's crazy man." Zac said and my heart got all warm. Zac liked how I handled the paparazzi too!

"Yeah, and now we're gonna go and I'm gonna show her around for a while."

"Oh! She's there with you?" Zac said and peeked in. I felt myself blushing some more and I shyly smiled back at him. "Hi!" Zac said and smiled widely at me.

"Hi!" I said as cooly as possible.

"Well, she looks lovely." He said to Jessy and smiled at me again. "And I better go finish the lawn, and you better hurry and spend some time with her."

"Alright, see ya later man." Jessy said and we waved goodbye to each other.

Jessy began to drive again and I tried so hard to hide my grinning face. I don't know how Jessy was going to react when he found out I was fangirling over Zac.

"Alright, let it out." Jessy said and I looked at him in question. "I know, just let it out."

"OHMIGOSH! I JUST MET ZAC EFRON!! OH MY HE'S SO GORGEOUS! AND HE SMILED AT ME! OHMIGOSHOHMIGOSH!!!!" I fangirled and he just shook his head. I calmed down and took in a breath. "Alright, im good."

"You sure?" Jessy asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I mean, It's just..... Zac Efron who I just met!!!!" I fangirled again, and for Jessy's sake, calmed down and tried to relax.

"Yep, you did." Jessy didn't sound mad but not to happy either. I felt bad.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Don't be. I'm actually glad and surprised you kept your cool infront of him. I know you're a huge fan. Don't worry, you'll be able to talk more with him tomorrow." He said and laughed.

"Tomorrow?"

"We're having a bbq." He casually said and shrugged like it was no big deal.

"We are? You and me? At your house?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah... Where else?" Jessy said and laughed.

"Well... Who and who are coming??" I asked and gulped.

"All my friends." He shrugged again. "I want you to get to know them and get familiar with them."

"Familiar?" I repeated.

"And what better than a friendly bbq?" He went on, completely ignoring my freak out.

"Who is friends, exactly?" I nervously asked.

"Zac, Taylor, Jacob, Justin.."

"Wait, what?" I said and he laughed.

"Im just joking!" He said and my heart stopped beating so fast. Of course I would love to meet them someday, but not all in one day! I came here to be with Jessy and get to know his life style, not become one of his friend's besties. I got to meet Zac, okay, but that doesn't change the way I see Jessy. I still like him the same. Im grateful that I get to be able to meet all these celebrities, but I don't want people to think I'm interested in Jessy because of him being famous.

"You better." I said and looked out the window and saw the parts of L.A that I would only see in movies and tv.

"Don't worry, I got something fun for just the two of us tomorrow." He said and I was slightly worried. Whatever he had in mind was really scary for me in a way.

"I'm worried." I said.

"Don't be." He said and parked the car along a street. We got off and there was a bunch of shops. "Where to first?"

"Oh my.." I turned to the store that was across from us and saw the cutest dress ever. "Can we see how much that one costs?"

"Find your size and it's yours." Jessy said and I angrily turned to look at Jessy in the eye.

"Stop! Stop it! Now!" I anglirly said and he was so bewildered by my mood swing. He held up his hands and looked at me with a really shocked look.

"Stop what?" Jessy asked and looked at me like I was crazy.

"The whole, 'find your size and it's yours'. I don't want you to waste more than $100 bucks on me. I already feel bad for not bringing my clothes with me! I know you're rich, but that's your money. I dont' wanna feel like i'm using you. Because that's the last thing I want." I explained my feelings and Jessy began to relax.

He took his hands and placed them on each side of my cheek. He leaned over really quickly, and surprised me by kissing me with such force. He suddenly pulled away and looked me in the eyes. We were just inches away.

"Janelle, im doing this because I know this isn't who you are. I'm trying to make you adapt to my world, but it's so much harder than I thought! I know you feel bad about me buying you stuff, but Janelle, I want to! I have made all this money, for myself, for my family, and now I want to use it on you because I care. I won't ever tell you to give me back my money, or rub it in your face. And I don't want you to worry. You know what? Don't even look at the price and I wont either. I'll ask the cashier to just swipe the card and not tell me the price and to take the price tag off. That way we both wont know." He said and I almost wanted to cry because he was being so sweet to me.

"Are you sure?" I worriedly asked.

"Positive. And I know you're not using me. I know you Janelle." He said and looked me right in the eyes when he did.

"Well, alright then." I said and decided to do the deal Jessy had said. Besides, I do need clothes.

He passionatly kissed me again and then took my hand in his as we walked from store to store. The cashiers didn't question him and I got everything I needed for the weekend. I was having a good time afterwards, walking down the street, holding Jessy's hand and laughing as we talked about whatever. There were times when fans would recognize him and ask for an autograph or a picture. I didnt mind. Some even asked me who I was. I told them my first name and when we told them I was his new girlfriend, they were happy for us. Or so I hope they were.

We went back to Jessy's house and I asked him where I would be staying, he laughed and said his room. Technically, we have slept together before, so I didn't find it that awkard. I hanged up my clothes in a free closet from one of the empty rooms though. His room closet was full, and it was only for a guy.

Jessy said that I needed to dress up for tonight. I had no idea what he had in mind, but I bet it was fun. Whatever he did and that I found out before sounded like fun. And this was what he did Friday nights, so I was going to do what he does. I am getting to know his life anyways. And so far, it wasn't so bad at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 148K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
1.5M 91.2K 38
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
1.1M 13.7K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...
2.7M 180K 87
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...