Chapter 29- Deja Vu

"Janelle, are you sure about this?" Jessy asked as we drove back to my house. Full of people that I didn't really want to see right now.

"If I don't do it now, when will I Jessy? I just have to know. I have the right to know the truth." I said and jumped out of his car when we arrived.

Jessy grabbed my wrist and stopped me. "Janelle, can you please just let it go? Please?" 

I stood there, shocked. Jessy was actually going to make me do nothing about this? Was he really expecting me to sit here and "Janelle, are you sure about this?" Jessy asked as we drove back to my house. Full of people that I didn't really want to see right now.

"If I don't do it now, when will I Jessy? I just have to know. I have the right to know the truth." I said and jumped out of his car when we arrived.

Jessy grabbed my wrist and stopped me. "Janelle, can you please just let it go? Please?" 

I stood there, shocked. Jessy was actually going to make me do nothing about this? Was he really expecting me to sit here and ignore the fact that my life has been a lie?

"I can do this with or without you Jessy." I said and I realized that I hadn't talked to Jessy like that since we were kids. But that was only because we were kids and I was the annoying little girl he loved to tease.

"Janelle, you know what I mean." He said, taking a step closer and grabbing my wrist.

I pulled away and shook my head at him. "I don't. Because to me it sounds like you just want me to drop everything, forgive and forget, right? Well you're wrong. I need to know if my dad is Brianna's dad. I need to know. At least for my sake."

Jessy stayed quiet. I wasn't expecting him to say anything though. 

"Either you help me, or I'll go through this alone." I didn't want to go through it alone. So far Jessy has been there. Every step of the way.

He stepped closer and took my shoulders in his hands. He looked me straight in the eyes and I could tell he was sorry. I wanted to look away but I couldn't.

"I won't let you go through this alone. You know that. And if you really want to know, I'll be here to help you with anything you need." 

"Good." I said and Jessy slowly let my shoulders go. "We can't let Noah or Bradly know."

"I understand." He nodded and we fell silent. Then he said, "How are you going to find out if Brianna is... Well, you know.."

I nervously bit my lip. "I guess I gotta do it the old fashioned way. A piece of hair."

***

The party was soon over. People would come up to Jessy and I, hugging us and welcoming us back. I didn't think it was a big deal I had come home. Maybe my parents had done this to make me realize that if I left, a bunch of people would miss me, but honestly, I could careless. 

Bradly and Noah stayed behind and Bradly came up to me first. I had tried to avoid him all afternoon, but when Jessy had to use the restroom he took his chance.

"Janelle, are you okay?" He asked. 

I chuckled. Not because it was funny, but because he was expecting me to say yes. There was nothing okay with this.

"How do you think I am?" I asked and crossed my arms against my chest.

"It was just a simple-"

"Im terrific." I interrupted and began to walk away when his hand on my shoulder pulled me back, making me face Bradly again.