Chapter 31- Roadtrip time

Weeks have passed by and a lot has happened. Jessy had to leave to go shoot his movie with Leighton Meester, and I was stuck in this town with no one. Not even Noah. He was always off with his girlfriend. And I wasn't talking to Bradly after all the drama happened.

I had gotten the test results two weeks after Jessy left, and skyped with Jessy as I opened the letter. Turns out Brianna wasn't my biological sister, so there was no need to tell my parents. I told Bradly to tell Lucy though. Brianna preferred to not know and still believe we were just good friends. Not much of a difference there.

I've been spending most of my time at school though. Since Jessy signed me up to do the school's play and now I had practice every day after the ell rang to go home. I was good. At least that's what my teacher for the play said.

Jessy and I would Skype almost every night, and it was crazy how much I actually missed him! I just wanted to be with him. Which was probably what I needed to realize that I had made my choice. I had chosen to live with Jessy. I was going to live in L.A. With him.

I knew the consequences. And the risks of being with him. We weren't always going to have a private relationship because he was famous. He was a celebrity, and already people would recognize me where ever I went and asked for pictures. I was terrified. I would just say that I don't do pictures, but hug them instead. Jessy laughed when I told him stories like that.

My favorite channel on tv is E! So when I decided to watch it one night, I came up with Jessy beside me and had to turn the tv off. Just the thought of me being on a show that I grew up watching was a bit overwhelming. Besides, I never wanted to be a part of that world. And now, I was.

"I miss you." I told Jessy one night when we were on the phone.

"Me too. I wish you were here." He said.

"My first show is in two weeks."

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah. Will you be able to come?"

He sounded distracted. "Yeah, yeah. Hey, I gotta go. Talk to you later. Bye. Oh! And I'll see if you can come to town this weekend."

"Jessy, I-"

"Bye love!" He said then hung up.

It sucked, but I was getting used to the 25 second phone calls. He either had to film a scene, go to an interview, or a press conference, photo shoot, red carpet, or he was with his celebrity friends. When he wasn't here with me, he wasn't the Jessy I had once fell in love with.

I really wish I could go to L.A but I had to rehearse, and I couldn't just pack my things and leave. How would I get there?

Noah had decided to invite me out to eat some lunch and I appreciated it. Its been a while since we've had lunch.

"Have you talked to Jessy?" Noah asked as we waited for our food.

"Yeah. Only for a bit." I wanted to change the topic.

"Yeah, when he's busy he barely has time to call home." He shrugged it off. It pained him. And now I understood his pain. Because I felt it too.

"He wants me to go to LA this weekend." I said.

"You should go!"

"Noah, he's working. I'll just be able to see him at night."

"You miss him. Does it really matter?"

I stayed quiet. Even if I saw him twice at night I wouldn't mind. I just wanted to see him again. It's been weeks.

"Should I?" I nervously bit my lip.

"We should."

I looked over at him and he was smirking. I jumped up and hugged him.

"Yes! That way I won't be alone!" I exclaimed.

"Then I guess we gotta go pack up our things soon so we can go." He said.

I stepped back from him. "How are we getting there?"

"My car of course."

"Yay!" I said and we grabbed our food and left.

Back at school I couldn't concentrate. I was so excited. During passing period I pulled out my phone and texted Jessy.

'Ill see you this weekend. Can't wait! Xoxo.'

He didn't reply until later that day.

'Cant wait to see you! I'm happy u changed ur mind. (:'

'Noah is coming too. We're driving up there.'

'Good. Ive missed my little brother.(: I hope he won't be much of a distraction from us(:'

I smiled and sort of giggled. I replied, 'We'll find a way to get him off our backs ;)'

"Whatcha grinning for!" Noah exclaimed as he sat down in front of me. I shrugged and pretended to fix my books, anything to do than talking about it. If he ever found out, I wonder how our friendship would end up.

"Just glad it's the end of the day!" I said and pulled my phone out as it beeped for a new text to be read.

'We better! Because I miss you so much. Xx'

"Jessy?" Noah snapped me back to reality.

"What?! No!" I hid my phone back in my purse. My face was beginning to get red.

"You're blushing." Noah pointed out the obvious.

"No! I'm just, hot. Aren't you hot?" I began to fan myself with my hands and suddenly the bell rang and I shot up from my seat and sprinted out of the room.

** Home **

"Janelle, where're you going?" John asked as he sat on my bed and watched me pack up my things that Jessy had bought me, but I still hadn't bothered to wear.

"I'm going on a small vacation with Noah." I said and found my cute new pair of shorts for the beach.

"Noah?!" John's face lit up.

"Yes."

"And Jessy?"

"We're going to go see Jessy, that's why!" I finished packing, and sat next to John on the bed.

"Will you be gone a long time?" John's face saddened.

"Not this time. Just for three days or so." I replied.

"M'kay, I love you Elle." John said and snuggled up under my arm.

"Love you too babe." I said and hugged him until he feel asleep and carried him to his bed.

**

"You ready?" Noah asked as I climbed in the passenger's seat.

"Yes! Let's get out of here!!" I said and waved goodbye to my parents who waving goodbye under the porch light.

"Are you going to passionately kiss Jessy when you see him?" Noah teased me.

"Maybe," I said and leaned back, then turned to look at him. "Are you?"

"Ha-ha." Noah humorlessly said and messed up my hair.

I laughed. "Just step on it!"

"Someone's a little anxious." Noah tried to tease me some more.

I smiled to myself and looked up at the same moon that Jessy was probably staring at too. "You have no idea." I whispered to myself and then closed my eyes as I enjoyed the road trip as we made our way to Jessy.