Chapter 22- Betrayed

We arrived at Bradly's house and Jessy was more awake than I was. He was fully aware and of course, he wasn't the one that had a past with Bradly like I had. Bradly hated his dad. For every wrong he has ever done to them. Not only did the dad cheat on his mom, his dad also wanted to see his wife destroyed. I had no idea why. That low life should leave them alone.

Jessy ran to my side of the car and opened the door. "Come on." He calmy said and pulled me out by the arm. I numbly looked up at him. "Janelle, wake up. Bradly needs you."

I nodded and tried to focus. Bradly needed me. Lucy needed me. Brianna needed me. I had to get my game face on. I don't know what I could do, but I was going to stand by them and support them.

I didn't even bother knock on the door. I opened it and saw Brianna hugging her mom, and Bradly standing up facing his father. His dad's eyes snapped right on me and then on Jessy. He wasn't expecting me to come at all. Well he wasn't the only one.

"Janelle?" Bradly asked when he turned around and saw me and Jessy standing by the front door. "What are you doing here?"

"I-" I began and then stopped. What was I really doing there? This was a family problem, right? Besides, I haven't talked to Bradly in ages also. He's been avoiding me ever since we took him home after getting drunk.

"Janelle?" Bradly's dad, Taylor, asked and looked really surprised to see me. "Wow! You're so grown up!"

I saw through him and believed nothing he said. He was just surprised that he had more evidence. I used to respect Bradly's father, but lately, it's hard for me to even reply to him.

""Hello Taylor." I said and looked at Lucy, who was holding on to Brianna with all her force. Last time I heard, Taylor wanted to take Bri with him. Bradly couldn't let that happen, and I wouldn't either.

"So, I guess you never forgot Bradly did you?" He said and I gulped.

"How could I? He was my best friend." I said and realized that all of this was still very new to Jessy.

"Was." Bradly's dad caught on to that very quickly and his eyes suddenly landed on Jessy. "Is this your new best friend?"

"No." Jessy replied for me and took my hand in his, very protectively. "Im Janelle's boyfriend."

"Oh! Wait!" Taylor made a fake surprised shriek. "You're that hearthtrob actor from Hollywood, right? Jessy Sky. Wow. My daughters are in love with you! Could I get a photo with you for them?"

Jessy fake laughed but I knew that he was thankful to know he had more fans. He loved his fans but this guy was making this hard for him.

"Only when you leave them alone." Jessy said and Taylor instantly shook his head no.

"Sorry bud, can't do that. She has something I want." Bradly's dad said, pointing at Lucy.

"She's not yours!" Lucy screamed at him and Taylor nodded in agreement. Crazy was in his eyes. My body shuttered.

"You're so right! She's not! Wait, have you told Janelle yet? Or should I!" Taylor said in a very sarcastic tone. I didn't like it and it was really creeping me out.

"Wait, tell me what?" I asked. What does Lucy need to tell me that I don't know? And why was it so important for me to know?

"I guess you haven't." Taylor looked at Lucy with a dissapointed expression.

"Don't you dare." Lucy's voice came out determined, strong. I shivered once more.

Taylor's wild eyes turned to me from her then back to me. He was so amused it was sickening. "Why not? She has the right to know!"