Chapter 7- Dinner gone bad

"Lucy!!!" I yelled as I ran to her, and pulled her into a hug.

"My my!" She laughed. "Janelle, you've grown so much!"

I pulled back after our longish hug, and we both laughed as we looked at each other up and down. We had both changed a lot. Her once brunette hair had been dyied into blonde, she had gained some more weight, but looked as gorgeous as always! She used to be really really skinny, so im glad she's added some more meat to those bones!

"And you have changed so much too Lucy!!" We talked as if we were old best friends. She had Bradly when she was sixteen, so she was the 'adult' that understood us more than my parents ever could.

"I've grown up Janelle." She smiled as she politely walked away and closer to the stove where she was preparing tonight's dinner.

"Do you need any help?" I grabbed the hot plate from her hands and placed it on the table. I didn't mind helping her at all. On the contrary, it was nice to be allowed to do stuff. My parent's still didn't trust me to wash my own clothes.

"Sure thing girly, if you want." She again and then turned so her back was facing me.

We set the table laughing, and there was no greater feeling in the world than having them back. I still couldn't believe it. And I had to really capture the moment because I guess I was just scared of loosing them all again.

"Dinner is ready!" Lucy called out, and Bradly walked with some weird swagger to the table.

Brianna joined us ten minutes after dinner was called, and I was surprised that she wasn't very cheerful like the rest of us. Now that I think about it, why wasn't she at school today either? Wasn't she twins with Bradly? It's not like Lucy would dare seperate them.

"Brianna," Lucy's laughter died after Brianna made a face. "We have a guest over, be polite."

"It's just Janelle mother, she probably doesn't even care." Brianna snapped back at Lucy.

Lucy tried her best to control her temper, and I could feel Bradly flex right next to me.

"Brianna." Bradly warned.

"What?" She hissed. "Gosh, why doesn't anyone just leave me alone?!" She yelled and got up from the table.

After she ran out, Lucy looked down at her plate, full of dissapointment, and then turned to me.

"Brianna has been a tough cookie for a while. We don't know what's wrong with her. But im really sorry to say that im going to have to excuse myself to talk to Brianna." She was genuinely sorry.

"Lucy, it's fine. Honestly," I gave her a helpful smile. "Im actually a little past my cerfew." I lied. "It's okay. I'll just come over when Brianna cools off."

"Alright," She smiled back. "Im sorry sweetie."

"No, it's fine." I reassured her with a smile. "I'll just head on home, bye!"

"Bye! I love you!" Lucy pulled me into a warm embrace, and I smiled to have that feeling again with a person who felt like my second mother.

On the way to my house, Bradly was explaining to me what was happening with Bianna. The reason that she had all of a sudden not gone to school, and ditched dinner like that. I was completely fine that she decided to leave the table, I wasn't offended, but it was definitely strange since I never knew that side of her.

"Our dad called Brianna the morning of our first day of school." Bradly began. I turned my body towards him in my seat, to feel more comfortable, and to look at his face expressions. "Brianna couldn't take it, started crying, and couldn't go to school. It had affected her too much." His eyebrows pressed together. "Brianna has been on the edge because our dad has been calling her, texting her, and even sent her an email."

"What does he want?" I asked since Bradly seemed to stop, and really think about his dad. His lips were pressed into a straight line, and I knew he was fustrated.

"He wants Brianna back." He firmly said. "He keeps telling her that he will find out where we live, and he will come pick her up, and take her away from us."

"He can't do that!" I stated my opinion, full of fustration now too.

"The hell he can't. But that's not going to stop my dad. That's one of his annoying habits that he has. He won't give up until he gets what he wants. In a way, that's good for a future wise thing, but for this, it's just getting annoying."

"How does your mom feel about this?"

"Scared. We all are. But Brianna is more pissed than scared. She hates when my dad only wants her and never me."

"Well why doesn't your dad want you instead? Why is it always Bri?" It's not like I wanted his dad to take him, I just really wanted to know.

"Because he's smart enough to know that my mother needs me. She needs a man in the house. But he's still an idiot, and an asshole for not leaving my mom alone."

"That jerk!"

"I know." I murmured, and I looked out of the window. And right as I looked out, I saw my house. He parked, but neither one of us got out. I turned to him.

"Bradly," He looked up at me. "What if your dad does come?"

"I hope he doesn't." He said in a low voice.

"What will you guys do?" He knew what I meant, and he reached out to grab my hands, taking my small hands in his big ones and wrapping them around carefully, holding my gaze.

"We're not running away. It's been way too long, and it's childish to keep running." He let out a shaky sigh. "I told you, we're not leaving again. This time, it's for good."

"Promise?"

"Haven't I already?" He let his straight lips curl into a small smile, making me smile along.

"Alright then." And with that, it was my cue to leave.

He let go of my hands, and let out a low chuckle. I turned back to him once I got out of the car.

"What?" I semi smiled.

"You ready for our date tomorrow?" He smirked.

"It's a double date, and no." I honestly said.

"Well be ready, baby! Because we're going to have fuuuuun." He laughed.

"Ugh, I hate Noah." I mumbled, and then shut the door.

Bradly drove off after waving goodbye, and I walked in my house. Ready for a good nights sleep.

***

School came and went. Bradly picked me up, Brianna still didn't show up at school. Noah and queen bitch were a no show either. Who knows where they were. Who really cares though. Classes were useless as always, and nothing, not even texting Bradly during class helped. I just felt gloomy, tired, and wasn't looking foward to our double date tonight. But it seemed like everyone else was excited for tonight.

Noah had texted me during lunch saying, "Cant wait for tonight! It's gonna be awesome! See ya at 7!"

Then Bradly found out my hiding spot in school, and threw me questions about myself so if Noah asked him, he would be prepared. I couldn't tell why he wanted to impress Noah so badly, it wasn't like Noah was going to like him either way. Noah had always pulled guys out of my life, one way or the other. It was a complete shock if Bradly doesn't end up leaving early from our date. Or maybe even me.

_____________________________________

Double date scene next chapter! Yeya! Can't wait for yall to read it!! xo.

Comment/Vote/fan!! Please?!?! :D